Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Dejavu

anyone know if the new cocobolo handles for mary jane zenleaf lineup gets too hot and would the handles work with this heat sink instead of the one installed?

curious if I could add it to the existing handle and remove the heatsink for a longer one.

on CH site the handle says - The thread that attaches the handle is 10-24.

on CC - Fittings- Male 10-24 & Female 10-24

so If the mary jane gets a little hot, maybe just grab this heatsink?

LordKahel

anyone know if the new cocobolo handles for mary jane zenleaf lineup gets too hot and would the handles work with this heat sink instead of the one installed?

curious if I could add it to the existing handle and remove the heatsink for a longer one.

on CH site the handle says - The thread that attaches the handle is 10-24.

on CC - Fittings- Male 10-24 & Female 10-24

so If the mary jane gets a little hot, maybe just grab this heatsink?

It does works but not very pretty tho.
mary-heat.jpeg

LordKahel,
Reactions: sirwalter

Dejavu

It does works but not very pretty tho.
mary-heat.jpeg
ooo ouch....can you not remove the ch heat sink and i agree and glad someone had one before I grabbed one. hows the handle for new ones? I wasn't sure if I saw jerry remove his handle and when ready to hit it, he screwed it in or maybe he was putting it together?

Dejavu,

LordKahel

ooo ouch....can you not remove the ch heat sink and i agree and glad someone had one before I grabbed one. hows the handle for new ones? I wasn't sure if I saw jerry remove his handle and when ready to hit it, he screwed it in or maybe he was putting it together?

Honestly i run my zenleaf at 585. It gives massive clouds and never had a hot handle problem. I leave my mary on the coil for hours and the handle is not a problem. I was kinda stunned on how big a deal they made the heat of the handle. Just don’t grab it by the heat sink or 1cm from it. It such a small part.

And yes you can probably remove it but for me the CH heatsink work perfectly and i like it more.

LordKahel,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Honestly i run my zenleaf at 585. It gives massive clouds and never had a hot handle problem. I leave my mary on the coil for hours and the handle is not a problem. I was kinda stunned on how big a deal they made the heat of the handle. Just don’t grab it by the heat sink or 1cm from it. It such a small part.
Is this your experience with or without the extra heat sink?

Grass Yes,

kid3

After wringing my hands and overthinking the choice for too long, I went with the Standard.
Yeah I missed the Black Friday deal
Now I have to wait 3 weeks and no discount. I bought the MK II Globe on DHGate. I'm still debating making this huge investment overall

Ned Bogan

Yeah I missed the Black Friday deal
Now I have to wait 3 weeks and no discount. I bought the MK II Globe on DHGate. I'm still debating making this huge investment overall
I've only been lurking and researching for around a year now, so I'm not a seasoned hand here. Still, I've figured out that I need to do any costly item buying when I can take advantage of 420, 710 and BF discounts. I mark these dates on my calendar and avoid significant purchases for some time beforehand, so I can be prepared to take a hit to the wallet. This has helped me move into CH products with less pain. It's not much of a system, but it's all I've developed so far.

Dejavu

I've only been lurking and researching for around a year now, so I'm not a seasoned hand here. Still, I've figured out that I need to do any costly item buying when I can take advantage of 420, 710 and BF discounts. I mark these dates on my calendar and avoid significant purchases for some time beforehand, so I can be prepared to take a hit to the wallet. This has helped me move into CH products with less pain. It's not much of a system, but it's all I've developed so far.
it is pretty sad but a year will fly by....unless you have lots of cash or impatient, always wait BF for CH products or 4/20.

Even as a newbie, I've learned that from my other hobbies but VAS is hell. Just gotta realize that having one ball vape is plenty and don't itch yourself into spending more than you can afford.

Having a super nice bubbler helps a little but a decent bubbler and downstem works just fine and even a jhook+ash catcher combo, so never go crazy past a budget.

Buxton

Bought my B1 a few days ago and have been loving it so far, tightened my coil and am running it at 555°F and it performs like my Elev8R never could. Though I really wish I could get wireless ball vapes here in the UK easier, the VAS is real when it comes to something like a wireless Omega.

Buxton,
Reactions: mixchu69

Dejavu

If I have a 150w coil and an auber rdk 300 v2, should I change the settings? On 710 website it says it should be on 40 by default and go to 60? The default is 100. Should I change anything? Hoping to get a jane soon.

Adjusting your Auber RDK-300 to support a 150 watt coil​

To adjust Auber RDK-300 controller for any 150watt coil. Hold down the knob for 5 seconds, the small power indicator light will start blinking. Turn the knob clockwise and scroll to 166 that is the access code(if you overshoot turn the knob counterclockwise to go down) then push the knob down once and you will come to P-125, press the knob again to get to I-60, and press again to D-10, press the knob once more and you will come to OTH-40, This is the setting you will want to change from 40 to 67 for all 150watt coils. Press the knob one more time for auto shut off and set to desired minutes and then press the knob one final time to exit.

from their manual

oth. Output high limit. The unit is percentage (%). It allows you to set the
high limit of the output. It can be used when you have an overpowered
heater to control a small subject. For example, if you have a 250W heater
and set the oth = 40, the heater will be used as a 100 watt heater
(250x40%=100). User may need to change this parameter if you heater is
not 250 watt and want to improve the performance. For example, set it to 50
if you have a 200 watt heater; set it to 100 if you have a 100 watt heater.
Larger oth value makes the system heats up faster, but can cause
temperature overshot and fluctuation. Smaller oth increases the heat up
time

Last edited:

Dejavu

auber says if it is a 150 watt coil to put oth at 66. I'll see how temps are different at 100 vs 66 oth when grabbing the jane

Dejavu,

Dejavu

For someone who is a hardware nut, could lead me to how to extend my handles screw? 2 way nut or something? I found stuff like this but lot of thermal mass, maybe just need something to extend the screw? Like how spencer and other CH member video's are using extended screws to leave their mary janes on the coil all day.

or ? https://www.amazon.com/initeq-Threa...f=pd_ci_mcx_mh_mcx_views_5?pd_rd_i=B07B9K6DFY

Any opinions? The omega heatsink looks nice but not on eds wood. Needs to be shorter!

Dejavu,

happygolucky

I just received a revision update for my Zenleaf by Cannabis Hardware. They sent a small metal disk to put under the coil, probably to prevent burning under the coil (Never had that problem tho).
Here the install video that comes with it
Will everybody be getting that? What about those of us who just ordered for the black friday sale? Do we need to reach out?

happygolucky,

Dejavu

Will everybody be getting that? What about those of us who just ordered for the black friday sale? Do we need to reach out?
did you buy from vgoodiez? either way, reach out to the vendor. They should have replacement covers sent out for buyers.

if you purchased from a 3rd party online then not sure, maybe ask them to email and give them your shipping details.

I think most people were just sent the items out and people saying they showed up. E-mail em!

Dejavu,
Top Bottom