Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

ArtVandalay422

My B1 (injector + 22mm) setup arrives tomorrow 🥳
Hope I made the right choice. Seems like a lot of people either got the B0 or the B2.
I got the B2, and am wondering if I should have gotten the B1 instead! :rofl:

From everything I've read, they're both great, and everything is modular enough where you can eventually get the B2 in the future if you really want.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I just picked up a B2 bundle with the Auber RDK 300 PID, and so far, I'm really loving this whole setup.

I have a question about the Auber PID. Two questions, actually.

1) If I touch the power plug at the end that it plugs into the PID, or move the unit, the unit will turn off. And I barely have to touch/move the unit for this to happen. I can tell that the issue is the point where the power plug plugs into the PID. Is it normal for it to be this finicky?

2) When the unit is plugged in and powered off, it makes an audible and continuous buzzing. When powered on, the buzzing goes away. Is this normal?

Otherwise, the unit is working properly. But I'm wondering if I got a defective unit.

Never seen either of those issues. RETURN IT!

snackmaster

I’ve been using the B2 Injector a lot and I like the convenience and function of the ShovelHead but they just don’t make a nice tight seal. I also like to use a basket screen on the post. I found a solution but I’m not sure it is safe. I used a SBL O ring in the bowl of the ShovelHead. It’s my understanding these type O rings can take way more heat than we throw at them before they begin to off gas. Anyone care to share their thoughts on this?
23-BF5110-8-E8-B-43-DB-AF27-B732-DA95-E245.jpg
Is that an older shovelhead? The latest rev plays well with injectors.

I just picked up a B2 bundle with the Auber RDK 300 PID, and so far, I'm really loving this whole setup.

1) If I touch the power plug at the end that it plugs into the PID, or move the unit, the unit will turn off. And I barely have to touch/move the unit for this to happen. I can tell that the issue is the point where the power plug plugs into the PID. Is it normal for it to be this finicky?

2) When the unit is plugged in and powered off, it makes an audible and continuous buzzing. When powered on, the buzzing goes away. Is this normal?

Otherwise, the unit is working properly. But I'm wondering if I got a defective unit.
Try another power cable if you've got one. My Auber initially did what you described in 1 but it turned out I hadn't fully seated the cable (the one that came with it was VERY tight and took a lot of effort to fully connect).

Last edited:

greenganja

You might want to check and make sure that the connection for the three pronged plug is connected properly. I had that hat happen once and quickly figured out that the plug wasn't seated int he receptacle all the way. As far as the noise your are hearing I have never heard my Auber 300 make a buzzing sound. Buzzing sound sounds like that maybe it's not getting enough power. But again check all connections and make sure everything securely plugged in. If that doesn't fix the issue, you will need to contact Auber. I hear that Auber has pretty good customer service, but I have never had to use it. Hope this helps.

checkyourlibido

If I move mine around sometimes issues pop up. Similar to what has been said, I'll add a data point that I've double checked the connections and that has always been the issue in my case. It is a bit finicky. There really isn't a need for me to move it around anyway, I just move stuff around for no reason :lol:

Last edited:
checkyourlibido,

ArtVandalay422

Thanks for the tips, everyone.

@snackmaster , you nailed it! The power cable that came with it was tight and wonky, and causing the issue with it losing power if barely touched. I tried another power cable and that issue is completely resolved. Thanks!

The buzzing when plugged in and powered off remains, but I'm also very sensitive to these types of sounds. I'm also using a smart plug (tried it directly into the wall w/o the smart plug, and the buzzing remains), and turn it off there when not using it, so I don't mind the buzzing.

Sonics420

Thanks for the tips, everyone.

@snackmaster , you nailed it! The power cable that came with it was tight and wonky, and causing the issue with it losing power if barely touched. I tried another power cable and that issue is completely resolved. Thanks!

The buzzing when plugged in and powered off remains, but I'm also very sensitive to these types of sounds. I'm also using a smart plug (tried it directly into the wall w/o the smart plug, and the buzzing remains), and turn it off there when not using it, so I don't mind the buzzing.
I thought the Auder RDK300 doesn't work with smart plug? I have one on the way and would be happy if it did work (RDK300B)

Sonics420,

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I would imagine I might be the only one who is powering injectors and B2 with a MiniNail controller, but if anyone else is running this setup I’d love to know your temps as well. Because the MiniNail has to be the hottest controller available, I run mine at 525 at the highest, often under 500. If I ran at the temps everyone else seems to I feel like I would have one massive cherry in my bowl!

GratefulDread

I feel so very lucky to have one a FP B1 setup from Ed's TNT MAW raffle. It is absolutely gorgeous and I am warming it up now. Thanks to @Timberhead , @VGOODIEZ and of course, @Ed's TnT .
PXL-20221209-001646399-2.jpg

I have followed this thread for a while but I would love to know people's recommended starting temp for flavorful hits on the B1 with the Auber RDK 300B.
Wow.. what a piece of kit! Enjoy!! 🥳

Sonics420

I feel so very lucky to have won a FP B1 setup from Ed's TNT MAW raffle. It is absolutely gorgeous and I am warming it up now. Thanks to @Timberhead , @VGOODIEZ and of course, @Ed's TnT .

I have followed this thread for a while but I would love to know people's recommended starting temp for flavorful hits on the B1 with the Auber RDK 300B.
Wow sick!! Are there any more giveaways lol

greenganja

I still get decent flavor from the B1 at 600 and 625. But for even better flavor I recommend 560 to 575. I've personally never tried anything lower than 550. And at 550 you do get more flavor but less vapor. When I don't care about the flavor and just want to get ripped in a couple of hits I crank it up to 650. I've heard of some people using even higher temps.. When I first got the B1 I noticed I kept having to crank up the temps was using it at 680. So took a flat head screw driver and spread my heating coil just a tiny bit. After that I had to crank the temps back down, which I like. So now my Auber 300 stays right around 575 to 600 is where I like it after spreading the heating coil a little bit. Hope this helps.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I feel so very lucky to have won a FP B1 setup from Ed's TNT MAW raffle. It is absolutely gorgeous and I am warming it up now. Thanks to @Timberhead , @VGOODIEZ and of course, @Ed's TnT .

Wow, my friend...that is a beautiful setup. Congrats!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer

Do so appreciate your participation in this years event. It was the most successful yet raising almost $12K for the Make A Wish Foundation. Big thanks to @VGOODIEZ and @Timberhead for donating such amazing pieces as well as all the sponsors and people that donated to make a difference for the children that need it most.

checkyourlibido

I thought the Auder RDK300 doesn't work with smart plug? I have one on the way and would be happy if it did work (RDK300B)
I was on the fence with this one. I like that you can turn it off with the smart plug. But part of my just doesn’t trust. I actually unplug it entirely every night.

I like the Auber very much. But yeah, personal preference and all

cvs8floz

I use my B1 with 18mm glass and have settled on 585 as a preferred temperature, I might go up to 600 if the material is fresh and moist. I also received the new 18mm glass bowl CH is selling now for $12, I must say that this price is more than fair as I paid $17 the last time I bought the plusplus bowl from China in 2020. The CH bowl works fine but I still prefer the plusplus bowl: plusplus has a little bit less of a rise and the head sits right on top of the handle, The CH bowl is taller and the head doesn't go all the way down and doesn't cover the material at the bottom so you will get less conduction. It should be fine for people who prefer convection anyway.

Sonics420

I was on the fence with this one. I like that you can turn it off with the smart plug. But part of my just doesn’t trust. I actually unplug it entirely every night.

I like the Auber very much. But yeah, personal preference and all
I get it, there has been times where I have a smart device scheduled to turn off or on and it never happens.

Random question for everyone here - for people using a mug or dish as a coil holder, do you just drop your coil in and it's fine that it's touching the mug or dish?

Sonics420,

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I don’t use a mug currently, but when I did it was with Ceroma/Qaroma and I had no issues with them resting on the mug. Not sure if ti makes it different?

Top Bottom