Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

checkyourlibido

I get it, there has been times where I have a smart device scheduled to turn off or on and it never happens.

Random question for everyone here - for people using a mug or dish as a coil holder, do you just drop your coil in and it's fine that it's touching the mug or dish?
I bought one of the kits. I sometimes prefer the mug or cup if I’m baked enough. I just drop it in, I have had zero issues.

Texus

I’ve been using the B2 Injector a lot and I like the convenience and function of the ShovelHead but they just don’t make a nice tight seal. I also like to use a basket screen on the post. I found a solution but I’m not sure it is safe. I used a SBL O ring in the bowl of the ShovelHead. It’s my understanding these type O rings can take way more heat than we throw at them before they begin to off gas. Anyone care to share their thoughts on this?
23-BF5110-8-E8-B-43-DB-AF27-B732-DA95-E245.jpg
Keep coming back to this idea for getting a great seal. With a 200C/400F max temp on these we'd need to know how hot the injector gets where it touches the o-ring. And how hot the Shovelhead gets when injector is inserted. If overall Shovelhead doesn't reach concerning temps for these o-rings but the end of the injector does maybe place a flat glass ring on top of the o-ring to insulate o-ring from that heat. As long as that flat glass ring and injector can get good seal.

Just thinking out loud...

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
The buzzing when plugged in and powered off remains, but I'm also very sensitive to these types of sounds. I'm also using a smart plug (tried it directly into the wall w/o the smart plug, and the buzzing remains), and turn it off there when not using it, so I don't mind the buzzing.
No buzzing from mine on or off. Just a click when it switches.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Did you just drop it in the mug so it's actually making contact?

I don’t think drop is the right word; they are fragile devices so I set them in the mug; but bottom line is they were just sitting on the bottom surface of the mug in contact, and I had no issues.

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
I don’t think drop is the right word; they are fragile devices so I set them in the mug; but bottom line is they were just sitting on the bottom surface of the mug in contact, and I had no issues.
:tup:I used an old marmalade glass at a moment (They get filled hot and can stand a little heat). I just did hang the coil over the lip towards the center of the opening with only little points touching. It also always worked fine.
Or get a mug like that: https://www.lecreuset.com/everyday-enamelware-mug/EE1003-0816.html
they don't break from heat like glass or mugs can.
I think they also have small cast iron pans that would work but I could not find them in short time.

I really like the FP hangar solution. It feels safe! In extreme you can also just get the post and screw it onto where you want.

checkyourlibido

Did you just drop it in the mug so it's actually making contact?

@checkyourlibido

I get my b0 on Monday..first ball vape experience. ..shit I should've splurged on the next day shipping lol
Probably the most frequent thing I use is a teacup with the plate underneath. I've never had issues. I've used it on a wood desk and metal table. I've also used a Yeti type coffee cup something or other that is double walled aluminum. It worked well for me with nothing underneath. It was not being unused so I repurposed it.

And yeah, I find CH stuff very durable compared to my other vape gear. But still, I do agree that drop wasn't the best word for me to choose.

Edit: I feel like I should add a disclaimer here that I have accidentally started fires before and I ate crayons until the 2nd grade, so what I do is not always the safest... :haw:

Sonics420

Probably the most frequent thing I use is a teacup with the plate underneath. I've never had issues. I've used it on a wood desk and metal table. I've also used a Yeti type coffee cup something or other that is double walled aluminum. It worked well for me with nothing underneath. It was not being unused so I repurposed it.

And yeah, I find CH stuff very durable compared to my other vape gear. But still, I do agree that drop wasn't the best word for me to choose.

Edit: I feel like I should add a disclaimer here that I have accidentally started fires before and I ate crayons until the 2nd grade, so what I do is not always the safest... :haw:
Thanks. I'm going to see if I have a diamond Dremel bit to make a slit in whatever mug or dish I'm using, or maybe just ask the glass shop around here to do it.

So many options.

I was wondering last night, has anyone stuck this into an essential oil ceramic bowl? I was thinking the heat it's giving off can warm some scents up or something..

Sonics420,
Reactions: BigJr48

ManFlies352

Just coming back to say that the combo of a B1 and a T Bucket have consistently made me never think about needing any new devices for a good long while now. I only come back here to see if they've updated anything because that's how I found out they upgraded the Flowerpot to the B1 which has been an amazing swap for me. Cannabis Hardware is seriously endgame.

Timps27

I’ve now tried two double deckers in the B2; both times I have failed to account for the additional restriction of the carb cap. I pull the same rate as a regular bowl, and because the dab is producing vapor I think I’m doing well. Then when I pull the head off, the flower is barely tanned. Third times the charm!

ETA: tried running the B2 backwards and dry through my super slit; it’s a lot of volume to pull but a nice flavor:

Last edited:

ArtVandalay422

I recently got my B2 nut stuck, and really had to do a lot of heat soaking and using a wrench to finally get it removed. I'm a new user, and I didn't realize that "hand tighten" meant to really, really, barely tighten the nut. Lesson learned for next time.

After getting the nut off, I did a deep cleaning, and I found some noticeable metal dust on parts of the head, I assume from all of the friction needed to take the nut off. Most of the dust was in the nut and on the post that it screws onto.

However, even after my deep cleaning and using the B2 a few times, it seems there is still some metal dust in the nut when I swirl a q-tip in it. More concerning is that there seems to be material worn off of the SiC dish at the inner ridge, where the arrow is pointing to in the picture below, and rubbing a q-tip around this ridge produces more metal dust (or is it a coating from the SiC dish?)

I also let my whole head, including the SiC dish, sit in ISO for about an hour, as I read that it was safe to clean the SiC dish in ISO.

Any ideas as to what I'm seeing, what is causing this, and what I should do? Did I ruin the SiC dish with ISO or let the Flowerpot run too hot (I did a burnoff at 800)? Should I replace the SiC dish and/or nut? I don't want to be vaping metal, coating, etc.

SquirrelMaster

I recently got my B2 nut stuck, and really had to do a lot of heat soaking and using a wrench to finally get it removed. I'm a new user, and I didn't realize that "hand tighten" meant to really, really, barely tighten the nut. Lesson learned for next time.

After getting the nut off, I did a deep cleaning, and I found some noticeable metal dust on parts of the head, I assume from all of the friction needed to take the nut off. Most of the dust was in the nut and on the post that it screws onto.

However, even after my deep cleaning and using the B2 a few times, it seems there is still some metal dust in the nut when I swirl a q-tip in it. More concerning is that there seems to be material worn off of the SiC dish at the inner ridge, where the arrow is pointing to in the picture below, and rubbing a q-tip around this ridge produces more metal dust (or is it a coating from the SiC dish?)

I also let my whole head, including the SiC dish, sit in ISO for about an hour, as I read that it was safe to clean the SiC dish in ISO.

Any ideas as to what I'm seeing, what is causing this, and what I should do? Did I ruin the SiC dish with ISO or let the Flowerpot run too hot (I did a burnoff at 800)? Should I replace the SiC dish and/or nut? I don't want to be vaping metal, coating, etc.

Are you sure it's metal dust and not carbon build up? I've personally never heard of that with titanium, only aluminum.

I had issues with my B2 and I was never able to get my nut off 😏. I didn't want to take a wrench to it after putting it in the freezer and heating it up with no luck. I did clean my SiC dish out really well with a baking soda water paste. This was after soaking in 99% ISO which did basically nadda. I'd start with that and see how your dish looks. Let it soak for a while and then scrub away with a q-tip. SiC does not have a coating as far as I know. You might want to hop on the Cannabis Hardware discord as well, they can probably help you out.

Sonics420

This is the greatest vape I've ever owned, hands down. I'm glad I listened to all the advice and went for a ball vape, bzero to be exact. I'm actually taking RIPS with ease, closest thing to just whipping a lighter out.

My first hit had me amazed, the flavors and vapor production I was getting was nothing like any other vapes I've tried or owned. The flavor was there from start to finish, unlike other vapes that start tasting popcorny after a few minutes. But I'm sure the water piece played a good hand in this since I usually use portables.

After a bowl and a half of blowing thick clouds I was higher than I've ever been in a long time, and I usually smoke a few blunts a day.

Thanks @VGOODIEZ for shipping so quickly, put in my order on Thursday and got it Saturday. Came packaged and ready to go...plug and play + load a bowl.

(I think the coils look super cool)

6dNw0LA.jpeg

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
even though I use the B1 daily, I think now I would get just B0's.
I like the CH stand alot, because even when the wind blows around my bills they can't catch fire or get browned on the Bx.:D

Timps27

Anyone using the CH grinder? I picked one up with my BF B2 order, fortuitous as it would turn out as my BCG has migrated to my new state (starting new job living in hotel) and my MEDGRIND package was taken along with several others while I was out of state. Therefore the CH was my only available this weekend at home, and it was a lot of fun to use! Being a 2 piece the ritual is very different (need to break out the rolling tray!), but it is a very solid piece in the hand and enjoyable to run!

ArtVandalay422

Are you sure it's metal dust and not carbon build up? I've personally never heard of that with titanium, only aluminum.

I had issues with my B2 and I was never able to get my nut off 😏. I didn't want to take a wrench to it after putting it in the freezer and heating it up with no luck. I did clean my SiC dish out really well with a baking soda water paste. This was after soaking in 99% ISO which did basically nadda. I'd start with that and see how your dish looks. Let it soak for a while and then scrub away with a q-tip. SiC does not have a coating as far as I know. You might want to hop on the Cannabis Hardware discord as well, they can probably help you out.

Thank you so much for your detailed response. I really appreciate it. I made a baking soda paste, and that definitely helped get things clean. I'm going to check out the discord as well.

That buildup is just burnt impurities from your concentrate. Carbon as mentioned above. I scrape mine clean with a pick and blow it out.

Thank you very much.

After more cleaning and using, I suspect I had two issues. I'm suspicious that I did indeed have metal shavings/dust from having to go VERY HARD on the nut with a wrench after getting the nut stuck. There was stuff that looked like metal dust in my head after doing the nut removal, and that stuff is no longer appearing after use anymore. I also can see a bunch of markings on my nut from the wrench. The metal shavings/dust caught my attention and had me worrying about other markings on my SiC dish, but I think those markings were indeed just normal buildup as noted.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Anyone using the CH grinder? I picked one up with my BF B2 order, fortuitous as it would turn out as my BCG has migrated to my new state (starting new job living in hotel) and my MEDGRIND package was taken along with several others while I was out of state. Therefore the CH was my only available this weekend at home, and it was a lot of fun to use! Being a 2 piece the ritual is very different (need to break out the rolling tray!), but it is a very solid piece in the hand and enjoyable to run!

Yeah. I have their two-piece fine grinder.
Admittedly, I'm not a huge fan of two-piece grinders, and prefer three-piece grinders these days.

However, if I could only include one grinder in my nuclear/zombie apocalypse bugout kit, it would probably be my CH/NewVape Fine Grinder (I bought it back when they were still called NewVape) because that thing seems bomb-proof and is heavy enough to use as a weapon!

delta hotel

Does CH offer a Christmas sale? Thinking of gifting myself a B1 or B2.
I bought my initial unit and the bulk of my accessories then. I then just pieced other parts together as I found need (more like want).

I had been looking at switching back to vaping after trying the Pax a few years earlier and still ending up smoking. I found FC around 5PM Christmas Eve, then stayed up all night researching different vapes and ended up deciding on the FP and waiting up until midnight to get my holiday order in. I questioned for a moment whether I made a rushed decision and maybe missed some research, but that doubt dissipated quickly once it was in hand. Few years later this place has brought me a couple of new vapes, and cost me a lot of money!

checkyourlibido

AFAIK only Black Friday and April 20. I was going to get a B2 last year but missed the BF sale and waited until this year; I should have just bought it last year at full price, CH quality is second to none.
4/20 is about 4 months away. Not a bad wait, depending on the budget. But yeah, this is one of the few products I agree is worth full price.

And CH shipped it super fast

@grogazolay out of those 2, I like the B1 for flower. I prefer a separate device for concentrates.

redrum891

are these the same as

and what size screens please >.<

redrum891,
Top Bottom