• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

tb42091

The cap revision I have (like the bottom right on zancru's post) sits on the rim of the sic dish so it is impossible for the oil to splash to the outside of the dish. I got my sapphires for 1$ a piece so personally I think they are worth trying to see how you feel about them.

I also don't remember CH making a Vrod cap revision that didn't improve function. IMO the angled hole was a major improvement, then the ability to choose your amount of holes was a major improvement. It wasn't until they decided to get rid of the Vrod cap and switch to a universal style that has left people wanting the Vrod cap back because it is more stable

thevapist

Thanks for the info on the universal cap. I have a 2 angled hole VROD cap and love it. I've looked at the new one a few times but never ordered it.

thevapist,

mixchu69

purchased the plusplus glass bowl and it states that it was delivered a week ago but never found it in my mail box. Does anyone know how they shipped it? Small box or bubble wrap? They already paid the seller, so sent them a message. Glad that it is under $20, but upset for the wait and never receiving the package

caliganja420

Edit: ignore post,, have tried several differnet Temps and dabs are not working lol

I have tried doing twax hits at 675 and it just doesn’t work at all, no taste and not much vapor felt from the concentrate. Do I have to go down to 580 or so? Whats the best temp for dabs? Seems like at a lower temp it won’t work with herb so I guess just wax only

Last edited:
caliganja420,

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Has anyone acquired the Sapphire dish and if so is it a noticeable upgrade over the SIC? How many terp pearls are you using also?
Not for the vrod. But I did upgrade for my dcup and, for me, it was a massive difference and worth the USD 150 plus postage plus customs duty.
I don't use terp balls now. I find them messy in the dcup.
Sorry this is not vrod related but as you had no response I thought mine might help.....

thevapist

Edit: ignore post,, have tried several differnet Temps and dabs are not working lol

I have tried doing twax hits at 675 and it just doesn’t work at all, no taste and not much vapor felt from the concentrate. Do I have to go down to 580 or so? Whats the best temp for dabs? Seems like at a lower temp it won’t work with herb so I guess just wax only

Milking huge clouds for years over here. Are you using a carb cap? 675 is more than enough. Carb cap and a pearl or two will help you wonders if you aren't using them.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
The festivities last night
2093680C-EF66-4E2B-9384-A765D1650D75.jpeg
This morning it’s dabs in the quartz halo 😇 and finally messing around with boost mode, which I like 👍 I just wish you could set the standby temperature higher than 550! But using the boost is interesting I just wish it was easier to toggle between settings more quickly. Instead of the 180 spin it should be a double click to get to the boost mode select and when you select it it should go to the boost setting not the standby first! Minor nitpicking really since it was only my first time using it and I’m sure I can be better

Bad Dog

fyi: to set the standby temp higher you first have to set the boost temp higher, then go back through and it will let you. its a bit of a pain but ideally you only need to do it once
Thanks for the tip brother, freaking love this community! I'm going another round! 🥴

Edit: went for a double boost session! Heat soaked at 570, half turn select boost 1, standby temp 570, activate boost 600 and allow to start to climb then take my first hit, place on heat post and allow to warm up a bit, half turn select boost 2, standby temp 600, activate boost 660 and allow to start to climb and second hit, place on heat post and allow to warm up then third hit and mop up.............. Dam! Very interesting and changes the vibe of using the flowerpot

Last edited:

delta hotel

I've never really dug into the boost. I saw it as like a standby temperature, and then an active temperature. IE: You could set it at 300 degrees or so and leave it idling so it was already kinda half warm, and then turn it to boost for your usage temp, to which it would go back down to idle temp after awhile. Am I misunderstanding this and it's delivering more power to the heater? As in, I can put the VROD on at 550 and boost to 600?

Also, how long do you guys let the VROD sit on the shovelhead before pulling? I've been playing with different times.

Bad Dog

In my expert opinion based on 2 dabs LoL with a bigger differential between what you set your boost and what your set temp is it's likely to be a bigger swing then taking a draw off a set temp, with that small difference once it climbs it starts going faster when the cap can't be quickly reached. Test for yourself watch the temp go slowly when it's cool then it speeds up, slowing again as it overshoots.

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
This arrived from vapefiend via my mate in UK to avoid custom duties to France.....
Very impressed. Keeps it all tidier.

IMG_20210628_111926892.jpg
VF charge £45. Ch charge usd90! No brainer....

I also bought this 2 hole carb cap for my vrod as I find the universal a bit unsteady...

IMG_20210628_111942449.jpg

VF have one left if anyone is interested.....

Finally, cool machine work. Collectible in the future?

IMG_20210628_112006576.jpg

tb42091

The 5 inch stand is a huge help IMO, it makes my vape area much more compact and tidy. It seems to have almost doubled in price from when I paid though, it was only 50$ + shipping when I bought it. But I suppose most of their prices have increased. Simple stand was 30$, now 50$. Vrod was 115, now 140. Bowl + post was 50, now 61. Weedeater was either 75 or 80, now 95. The handle and loading tool are some of the only FP pieces that haven't gone up in price.

I know a lot of raw materials prices went up during the pandemic, so maybe that is it. :shrug: third party retailers are probably the only ones left with old stock of the cheaper pieces.

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
I'm surprised at how useful it is, especially for £45. I've spent the afternoon playing with different combinations/positions.

And the vrod 2 hole carb cap is great. More secure and just looks better. 2 holes different draw. Not sure which I prefer, perhaps just the one hole but I have options now.....

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Bugger. I wonder if my post inspired a fellow member to snag the last one....

It is better but not massively so.

One slight disappointment is the handle can only be fixed vertically and not horizontally like my dcup cap. Minor but I liked having the option....

I must have 4mm cause I can’t close it View attachment 9295 Though I think it’s a slightly better job than last night it’s not right either 🤔 but I’m going to try a couple bowls and see if I noticed any improvement.
I must have 4mm cause I can’t close it
View attachment 9295
Though I think it’s a slightly better job than last night it’s not right either 🤔 but I’m going to try a couple bowls and see if I noticed any improvement.

Hey Bad Dog, hope you're keeping well man. Did you persist with the mod or has anyone else on this forum tried the mod since?

Bettertomorrow227,
Reactions: snackmaster
Top Bottom