Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

snackmaster

Couple interesting things in this. First the "B-rod mod" where he put 15 ruby balls in the VROD head. When I was messing around with leaving the carb cap on over the weekend I wondered if filling the sic dish with rubies would do anything desirable.

Then he shows off an auber stand with heat shield that looks different - I think they're reconfiguring the stands a bit to play nicer with the shield? The video captures it better than the screenshots.
Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 3.30.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-15 at 4.16.42 PM 1.png

Last edited:
snackmaster,
Reactions: Bad Dog

stonedmallone

Going to finally do a double decker hit for the first time. I got some crumble, ready to party. Question though, what temperature should I run the VROD for a double decker? And what about just the crumble on its own? For flower I pretty much only use 670, so wondering what temperature I should start at. Thank you!

stonedmallone,
Reactions: Ramahs

thevapist

That will work for twax hits just fine.

@snackmaster I experimented with lots of pearls extensively and came to the conclusion at a certain point you get diminishing returns, and almost negative results. Anything past 4-5 is pointless and not adding any value. I also keep pearls and cap for flower only hits. Also a bitch to q-tip the dish when full of pearls.

tb42091

I double decker at 665-670, same as I normally run really and my laser thermometer reads the sic dish between 455 and 465. You can definitely go a lot lower though, I think 580 was my bottom number.

I also think 5 or 6+ pearls become really hard to spin and doesnt give better performance.

When vaping flower i always leave the cap on, so I like the idea of some kind of other option that locks down but the vrod cap without a handle is pretty stable on its own.

stonewatcher

To add on to the pearl discussion.

I spent time experimenting with 1-5 5mm perls and I found the best results with a single perl. Adding a second one causes sporadic issues (getting stuck, tough to start and maintain) with no noticeable increase in performance. 3+ and it’s just a hassle to get spinning.

I have the universal carb cap** maybe the two / four hole works better with more perls.

TLDR; one perl works well

snackmaster

Thanks for all the input! Only had flower in mind so wasn’t considering movement or cleaning at all, just filling empty space.

snackmaster,

stonewatcher

TLDR; one perl works well

I should explicitly note this is for Perls in the dish, not in reference to the “B-ROD” mod video posted above.

On that topic I want to grab some 3mm perls and fill up my VROD. All this discussion of adding thermal mass has me curious. I’ve had my VROD for like 6 weeks now and it kicks my butt every time. :mmmm:

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Since @newvape918 did the small Ti pins to cover the holes at the base nut of a VROD or a WE, but stopped selling them, I totally regretted not buying more Ti pins.

Imho & e, everyone is going crazy to modify a WeedEater, modify the VROD, or bring back the ShowerHead, but when NV FP CH really launches the product, people will complain it’s too expensive, will try to find the negative side, will try to modify it again, or trash it, and “patiently wait” for a next sale to buy it , while in the meantime people that want now the product, will see a change in price.

Why everyone keeps adding stuff on top of the WeedEater, when the whole purpose of the WeedEater was to substract weight and size from a “VROD” to make it simpler, classier, and flower only.

What about people really “learning HOW TO VAPE”, learn the basics, and then complain about needing something “stronger”.

If I can do it, why not the rest??
Are my NV FP CH heads better than the rest??
Do I have special electricity/power at my low income ghetto apartment housing??
Are my 45yo making me a “super vaporist”??
Did my 10 years of Fuckcombustion bannings and suspensions jajajajajaja made my weed stronger??

I don’t think so, it’s just common sense and paying ultra anal OCD/aspergers to details, and reading the thread helps too.
Not just read the last few pages, read the whole thing, and stop asking the same questions over and over, and trying to make the wheel rounder!!!!

Well, enough of my classic rants, and here is my point on all this WeedEater pimping debacle.

Imho & e, there’s no need to add anything on top of a WE.
This is a 2018 OG “19 holes” WE head that Edwyn himself gave me to try and keep.
That was some serious open airflow that created the “infamous outer ring” debacle!!! Jajajajajaja
Nothing that than one stir or some technique would suffice, but covering that extra hole helped the aerodynamics and “tightness”of the pull.

And then I got one of the Ti pins that NV CH made to compliment the WE “so” open airflow…
I should have gotten way more of them to experiment.
C04A7D46-430B-434D-A82A-BA4ED19662AF.jpeg
With launching just those Ti pins back, NV CH will most likely solve the “issue for the complainers”.

And here is my idea since 2018, but I NEVER set it on the table, because I never find that I need it.
And ideas are money, and free ideas don’t really put bread in my table, rather than in others peoples tables jajajajajaja
And since I don’t care about computers, and I don’t care about basic photoshop nor CAD, I don’t "want" to be a “designer either” by rendering some lines without knowing about physics, or aerodynamics or etc etc

This is a turd 💩 dispensary paper bag drawing, needs to be polished, like any good turd 💩 jajajajajaja
I’ll take away some holes, and space them out, till finding the right airflow and potency
2A2D2703-EF17-4418-9A4C-A5427237614A.jpeg

Enough of the rant…

El Mágico putting the WE at 666F

"El Magico"
Primer bowl...
Primer acto

"El Conjuro del Magico"
Segundo bowl...
Segundo acto

Stay vaped. Learn to Vape!!!
Mantente de la mente!!!

p.s:
@snackmaster
the video you posted, that person made a big mess up for NV CH, even discrediting the owner of NV CH Edwyn.
Imho & e, you should read and inform yourself of all the debacle that happened because of it.

Besides he’s saying he’s not biased!!!
He’s sponsored by Puff It Up, right???
PUI, aka public company Greenlane owns PIU now, and Greenlane doesn’t sell NV CH products.
Both this guy and his team and partners don’t support NV CH publicly, because as he said, they had a grudge.

Last edited:

snackmaster

@Zangano Cruel I'm aware of that drama, but it looked to me like Troy may have gotten early access to an updated PID stand so I wondered if they kissed and made up? I'm no Troy fanboy or anything, just sharing some content.

And I don't see the problem with people experimenting with their gear or discussing what they see as potential improvements. It's not a big deal. This is a vape nerd forum. I assume anyone posting here is competent and knows what they're doing with their flowerpots. Doesn't mean they can't fuck around too.

tb42091

I got high and forgot to qtip my dish last night after a double decker so I decided to show the water method to clean the dish. I set my PID to 220 and use distilled water. The video is sped up 2x because of weekly size limits for vimeo, the whole thing took about 3 minutes real time. The water just lifts all of the gunk up. Ideally I would use a glass dropper to add the water to the dish more precisely.

And here are a couple hits from my set up. I tried putting 5mm pearls in the center hole of the vrod a while ago experimenting but didn't think it helped much, using 3mm probably works much better though. CH is the one that posted the design to reddit, I think they want to hear the conversation.

delta hotel

Quick question: I've been using the shovelhead with the 14mm basket screens. Last time there seemed to be some confusion about how I used them. What I was doing was putting the 14mm basket on the post upside down, then putting the shovelhead on top of it. I would then put the screen in the shovelhead, but it only goes down about 1/4 of the way due to the basket screen occupying the space. I was just leaving the basket screen in there, my glass stays very clean but the basket gets a little nasty and needs a clean sometimes, it gets resiny just sitting on that post where things run down.

Recently, I removed the basket screen after positioning the screen on top of it (lift the shovelhead and just pull the basket out, but the shovelhead screen stays in place, then tighten the arm down). This drastically changed the air flow and I had to change how I was drawing from it. I kind of like the double screen, it really restricts the draw down. What I'm noticing without it though is the little globs all over the glass again. I prefer to use it with both screens due to the draw and that it keeps my glass cleaner, but I'm wondering if I'm losing anything in that second screen that I'd want. I see the globs getting through without it, is the only reason I consider I could be restricting other things I want with a second screen. Idk if that makes sense I'm p lifted.

snackmaster

Quick question: I've been using the shovelhead with the 14mm basket screens. Last time there seemed to be some confusion about how I used them. What I was doing was putting the 14mm basket on the post upside down, then putting the shovelhead on top of it. I would then put the screen in the shovelhead, but it only goes down about 1/4 of the way due to the basket screen occupying the space. I was just leaving the basket screen in there, my glass stays very clean but the basket gets a little nasty and needs a clean sometimes, it gets resiny just sitting on that post where things run down.

Recently, I removed the basket screen after positioning the screen on top of it (lift the shovelhead and just pull the basket out, but the shovelhead screen stays in place, then tighten the arm down). This drastically changed the air flow and I had to change how I was drawing from it. I kind of like the double screen, it really restricts the draw down. What I'm noticing without it though is the little globs all over the glass again. I prefer to use it with both screens due to the draw and that it keeps my glass cleaner, but I'm wondering if I'm losing anything in that second screen that I'd want. I see the globs getting through without it, is the only reason I consider I could be restricting other things I want with a second screen. Idk if that makes sense I'm p lifted.
Sounds like stuff is getting caught in both scenarios, just in different places. I'd be surprised if you were missing out on anything meaningful, but it's possible. I also put screens in my posts, but a bit differently, and I'm never underwhelmed by performance or bummed at how clean my glass stays :lol:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I'm not the biggest Troy fan but mostly I like the guy, he's quite knowledgable and thoughtful, positive. I'm glad he can put whatever ugliness that happened behind him and perhaps with this olive branch Edwin can put it behind him as well, I'm not saying they have to be friends or even work together but if they can both let go of the animosity I think that would be a good thing. I'll be picking up some rubies to put together a e Elev8r and should have enough left to try the b rod, why not?

Edit: thought I might try with boro balls but I can only get 5 down the chimney not 15??!?? Like the video said without partially unscrewing the two halves? I wish he went into more detail about the mod before the video quality went to 😡

Last edited:

Vaporware

It sounds like he unscrewed it, put some inside and screwed it back together. If the coil that came with his Auber controller is like the one that came with mine it’s a little loose so there’s probably room for some balls in there.

Zangano Cruel

“I’m sorry” for trying to boycott yours business, and “thoughts and prayers” seems not to work in an adult and business life imho & e.
And “unbiased sponsored independent reviewers” exist since when in this industry??

Now back to normal business and news…

A drive through some local head shops gave some nice results.

Got these import dropdown, and a domestic glass pencil by Sherbet Glass, at Torched Illusions, Beaverton, OR B3E0A6AB-975C-4DDB-B223-25DC618587CF.jpeg
Closer look of the glass pencil by Sherbet Glass.
91616826-A15D-43E4-BD6C-E9D3F3DDA0B0.jpeg

Then I drove to Green Light District, and I got lucky and I scored extra dropdowns, and an OG old school Drop by Möbius dropdown on sale.
Scored!!! 🤩🤩🤩
A790F238-4EB2-4D06-AD6F-24090BAB2F20.jpeg
Close ups…

from the front,
63164659-5290-4BF9-8D8D-956EE02CB6BB.jpeg

from the top…
03B2B7E3-104F-48E4-8568-3B4E3D66743A.jpeg

top left side…
Drop…
C65445A0-30A4-4312-B161-12D62B08E49A.jpeg
It matches the Möbius Matrix like a glove.

Dropdown spree!!!
A7E1FE24-3E89-4B87-BB14-1DA971BFA1BD.jpeg

Stay vaped. Learn to vape 💨!!!!
Mantente de la mente!!!

WE at 666F
SH at 555F
Sherbet Glass pencil ✏️ to stir.
Salud and enjoy!!!

Attachments

• E3930633-3EE9-470B-A95E-DFA9C049DA0F.jpeg
    E3930633-3EE9-470B-A95E-DFA9C049DA0F.jpeg
    236.8 KB · Views: 3
  • F831E2F1-AF24-4C25-A818-EC8DEF0E045A.jpeg
    F831E2F1-AF24-4C25-A818-EC8DEF0E045A.jpeg
    234.4 KB · Views: 3
  • BFABC4F6-41AC-4F39-8D03-969B00FCED54.jpeg
    BFABC4F6-41AC-4F39-8D03-969B00FCED54.jpeg
    257.3 KB · Views: 2

Bad Dog

Well I gave the b rod mod a go last night and I wasn't impressed with my results?!? I was able to fit 15 balls after partially unscrewing the two halves of the head which I didn't like!?! Leaving a gap between the halves where the coil is exposed has to be releasing some heat more than I think you gain by adding the balls??? First I thought I'd try some down low temp flavor chasing at 530,, left it for a 10 minute heat soak. Took a big whispy hit that over powered the heater 😑 wasn't enough restriction even with the balls but I didn't give up and turned my auber off and on then set it for 570 and left it for 30-45 minutes in case it needs more heat soak. Took a kinda whispy hit, changed my herb and tried with the carb cap and got something close to my usual but still not quite! No wonder Troy was at 710 which is a plenty intense setting without balls. Took the mod apart today didn't like how rickity it feels with everything all lose! Maybe I did something wrong but I can't see any other way to do the mod but I'm fine with being corrected but the way I see it the b rod mod gets a f, VRod and carb cap was a better and more effective stock then mod.

Zangano Cruel

Well I gave the b rod mod a go last night and I wasn't impressed with my results?!? I was able to fit 15 balls after partially unscrewing the two halves of the head which I didn't like!?! Leaving a gap between the halves where the coil is exposed has to be releasing some heat more than I think you gain by adding the balls??? First I thought I'd try some down low temp flavor chasing at 530,, left it for a 10 minute heat soak. Took a big whispy hit that over powered the heater 😑 wasn't enough restriction even with the balls but I didn't give up and turned my auber off and on then set it for 570 and left it for 30-45 minutes in case it needs more heat soak. Took a kinda whispy hit, changed my herb and tried with the carb cap and got something close to my usual but still not quite! No wonder Troy was at 710 which is a plenty intense setting without balls. Took the mod apart today didn't like how rickity it feels with everything all lose! Maybe I did something wrong but I can't see any other way to do the mod but I'm fine with being corrected but the way I see it the b rod mod gets a f, VRod and carb cap was a better and more effective stock then mod.
Yep.
I’ve modified all my heavy hitting desktops way before that guy, and I didn’t care to share because they suck overall.
I modified an EQ/V Towers, soldering iron styles like LS, the VRIP, and some else that don’t exist anymore.
I tried on the VROD before too. Didn’t work. Same experience as yours.
I tried on my Herborizer DigiTi too, taking the Ti heater off, and substituted with balls, same results.
Glass balls at certain temperature and that draw speed will roast weed with an acrid flavor, because the balance of oxidation between metals and glass makes an interesting aftertaste at higher temperatures.
The only one that works very well with balls, the only one and only, and luckily I own one of the few in the world, is the Glass Symphony.
I even added balls to my 2x EVOs, didn’t work.
Balls are for the Glass Symphony only and only. Anyone trying to achieve the same results will arrive to the same results and exact copy in size and design as a Glass Symphony, period.
Unluckily seems like the Glass Symphony guy wasn’t an acquaintance or friend of these “unbiased sponsored independent reviewers” like the one you’re mentioning.
You can ask Invertedisdead, how’s it going with his Inverzion Heavy Hitter desktop without him arse licking or getting shillfluenced??
Not so well imho & e, his work is starting to stagnate because of no money support nor enough hype.

Imho & e, flavor at that temperature starts to turn acrid, and all the mix of flavor plus popcorn taste, isn’t that appealing to me at least.
I’d rather have a very good big couple hits, and a third non acrid popcorn taste.
What about you??

Good to know that I’m not the only one that believes modifying any NV CH with glass/ruby/metal balls is a waste of time too.

Learn to vape 💨.
Stay vaped.
Mantente de la mente!!!

Last edited:

Bad Dog

I like Troy, at least in small doses LoL but he doesn't get everything right and at least the way I did the mod it was a failure and I'm not afraid to call things the way I see them but someone else might have a different experience but I saw no value in the mod but I don't regret trying since I had the boro balls on hand but if I blew ,$15 USD on rubies and that was the result I got I might be a little miffed. I mean that big gap between the halves screamed inefficiency, instead of the coil being encapsulated absorbing and reflecting the heat it's just bleeding out there. Made my VRod feel so ramshackle I kinda hated it to be honest.

snackmaster

@Bad Dog it looks like his vrod head is fully tightened, but somehow I missed he was running north of 700° - that's a worthless demo

Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 3.04.52 PM.png

Glass balls at certain temperature and that draw speed will roast weed with an acrid flavor, because the balance of oxidation between metals and glass makes an interesting aftertaste at higher temperatures.
Interesting!

snackmaster,

Bad Dog

@snackmaster he did use 3mm right? Which is what I think I have but I might be wrong and maybe they are 4mm? I'm going to have to ask where I got them, could explain my results? But I did a few more bowls I didn't mention toying with draw speed and nothing was as good as the carb cap

Edit: maybe when I felt it stop it was jammed and not fully closed, I dared not put any pressure on the balls but I'm willing to attempt again to see.

Last edited:

snackmaster

@Bad Dog yep 15x 3mm balls. Maybe worth another shot if you can confirm they're the same size, but I wouldn't push it. On the first upload of that vid I think he mentioned who tried it first and I wish I remembered the name to see if that person has any content out there with lower temps.

Like you I'm finding best results using the carb cap, but now I wanna try all the discontinued models :|

snackmaster,

Zangano Cruel

@Bad Dog it looks like his vrod head is fully tightened, but somehow I missed he was running north of 700° - that's a worthless demo

View attachment 9292

Interesting!
I managed to close the gap between the VROD halves because I filled the bottom with small 3mm boro balls and the down tube of the top nut, with bigger ruby balls. But at higher temperatures it was an acrid aftertaste.

All Ti components, at higher temperatures has a very balanced aftertaste, nor acrid nor dense, just balanced, I’d say unnoticeable. YMMV.
All Ti components for dry flowers reaches a performance imho & e unmatched, doubling the heads, makes a similar “sublimator” effect, very tasty first hit, but less popcorn than sublimator cashing the bowl or aftertaste.

It happens to the 2x G-43s I have.
SS coil at a high temperature, at least for me, it gives an acridness that reminds me of a double cycled Solo oven at its highest temperature setting.
Mostly all conduction SS ovens give that acrid aftertaste, if you go deep into your senses.
Seems like it transfers to high temperature, high speed drawing injector style, like I use the G-43s, not native. Or a VROD, or anything “bedazzled with balls”.
That’s why I crank the temperature to achieve same results as natively filling the male jointed bowl, makes sense??

Happened the same to the Herborizer DigiTi, with and without the Ti heater post.
Herborizer was closer to same experience, created hot spotting in the Herbo bowl, and I needed to stir more.
I felt the unbalanced PID readings, jumping all over the place, overheating, cooling down too fast, and many more negatives.
Needed to auto-tune the Vapecode style PIDs from the Herborizer and VRODs, after using balls, perhaps I messed the EVOs algorithms??

Overall, using balls in non specific ball design heaters, it’s imho & e, a waste of time in already proven heavy hitter designs.
Technique, better weed specifically, will get you longer than adding balls to any equation.

Sometimes I feel like tolerance don’t let me function correctly, but nothing than repeating a few consecutive bowls can’t achieve.
If you want to impress people with clouds, start serious dabbing, with high quality quartz Toro bangers, I got a 30mm Toro Opaque Grail banger, and it delivers plumes and superb flavor and heat retention/transfer, no balls needed since I learnt my technique, and I don’t let oil globs run unvaped like you see everyone wasting, as reclaim and orange boogers in your water, a Blazer GT8000 Big Torch, a $25 Infrared laser handheld IR thermometer, and a nicer headier glass than imported scientific. But this is my asshole opinion, and everyone have different opinions
YMMV.

Facemelt OG fine grind, approx 1.5 NV scoops.
WE 666F + SH 555F.

Cameron Reed Gold Amethyst Retticello rig.
Toro Opaque Grail at 555F

Nasty cheapo $5/syringe of distillate.
This is really bad distillate, I don’t know why I still have it.

61BB083E-5081-4F0D-ABE5-A4F3D9F060D0.jpeg

Learn to vape 💨
Stay vaped.
Mantente de la mente!!!

Last edited:

Bad Dog

I must have 4mm cause I can’t close it
EDB55B50-AF49-4B11-82B4-A857A4B7825A.jpeg
Though I think it’s a slightly better job than last night it’s not right either 🤔 but I’m going to try a couple bowls and see if I noticed any improvement.

Top Bottom