Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

fifapleb

My VROD continues to kick my ass every night. I can't get enough of this fantastic device. I have added kief to my bowls in the past for a nice little boost so being able to "twax" was the perfect upgrade. My mid-night sleepy brain cannot figure out that naming. If anything I'm flosin with my flower/rosin combo :D. It makes me think of a few lines from Logic - Still Ballin':

I'm wicked, I'm awesome, I'm icy, I'm flossin'
Literally, shit is literary
I eviscerate any my adversary

Run and hide other vapes, the VROD is in charge.

My 420 VROD order was stuck in customs in Mississauga from May 3-12 shipping with USPS/Canada Post. There isn't anything CH can do unfortunately, you're at the mercy of our government's employees. It should hopefully start moving again, maybe at least some update before the end of the week for both you and @ghost7ateoh

I haven't found my FP to be harsh at all in fact I find it to surprisingly smooth considering the size of hits it delivers. Some may consider it harsh though just because they're not use to such a large amount of vapor.
Hey, so quick update, I literally got my weedeater the next day. Guess the customs is just backed up and very random. Did one bowl and oh my god!

snackmaster

I've now got 3 different glass bowls and I like the first one I got from plusplusglass the best. Mine is a tall version they're not currently offering, but they still sell the short version - the "tall" depth is actually right in line with the bowls from popularglass. What I like most about the plusplus bowl is that it creates the best seal on my WE head and a 5/8" screen lays perfectly flat on its built-in honeycomb screen.

I used the CH bowl this weekend and it performs pretty well with a modified 3/4" screen - I'll try the stock screen at some point but my modified screen stays in place a little better. IMO the biggest downside is that its smaller OD doesn't allow as good of a seal as the plusplus bowl.

The popularglass bowls came yesterday and I haven't tried them yet, but I imagine they'll perform like the CH bowl because they have about the same OD. I'll modify some more 3/4" screens for those because 5/8" is just a little too large and doesn't sit well (see bottom pic).

plusplusglasspopularglassCH
Price paid each$17.12 shipped$12.27 shipped*$12 + shipping
OD~22.2mm~21.7mm~21.7mm
Rim to screen depth~17.5mm~17.5mm~9mm**
*Must buy in lots of 2
**Using modified screen - depth is closer to 10mm when using stock ti screen

Top to bottom: plusplus, popular, CH
View attachment 7454

Left to right: plusplus, popular, CH
View attachment 7455

Following up on this, I got a couple of the regular depth 14mm glass bowls from plusplus and the OD on those remains good at ~22-22.1mm. Rim to screen depth is (obviously) less than their deep version and is really close to the depth of shovelhead bowl. A 5/8" screen fits perfectly in my deep plusplus bowl but the ID on the regular depth bowls is a bit larger so I'll need to trim some larger screens down.

Oh and I did eventually try the new CH bowl with stock screen and I was not a fan - I like to stir/tamp between hits and that loose screen made it very difficult.

Tuck

The Plusplusglass is like the one they currently offering. I'm interested in finding the ones they had before this. Instead of a glass handle it had a glass donut around it.

goatgobaahh

So I bought the sapphire dish when it went on sale. I must say while I enjoy it I am disappointed that I dropped it once on a tile floor from knee height (2 ft) and it left a mark on it perhaps a crack. I can feel the separation with my fingertip. Additionally, the carb cap left a line in the middle of the dish. This leads to me seriously consider wtf I spent all that money on. This is within the first week of use. Is this real sapphire does lab sapphire mark so easily? Here are pics for proof. Kinda butt hurt as I still have the SIC; I was expecting more durability from a precious stone? Even if it's lab made

link1 top left
link2 top left
link3 dish is flat side down you can see the line the carbcap made crack/mark is on the bottom right.

goatgobaahh,
  • Sad
Reactions: Ramahs

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
So I bought the sapphire dish when it went on sale. I must say while I enjoy it I am disappointed that I dropped it once on a tile floor from knee height (2 ft) and it left a mark on it perhaps a crack. I can feel the separation with my fingertip. Additionally, the carb cap left a line in the middle of the dish. This leads to me seriously consider wtf I spent all that money on. This is within the first week of use. Is this real sapphire does lab sapphire mark so easily? Here are pics for proof. Kinda butt hurt as I still have the SIC; I was expecting more durability from a precious stone? Even if it's lab made

link1 top left
link2 top left
link3 dish is flat side down you can see the line the carbcap made crack/mark is on the bottom right.

Bummer, looks like it chipped when you dropped it.
Sapphire is extremely hard (9 mohs, 10 mohs = diamond) extreme hardness = brittleness. Carbon fiber would be a good comparison: it’s incredibly stiff : strong enough to make supersonic jets - but a carbon fiber bicycle frame can break just by falling over. So durability depends on a lot of factors.

SquirrelMaster

Following up on this, I got a couple of the regular depth 14mm glass bowls from plusplus and the OD on those remains good at ~22-22.1mm. Rim to screen depth is (obviously) less than their deep version and is really close to the depth of shovelhead bowl. A 5/8" screen fits perfectly in my deep plusplus bowl but the ID on the regular depth bowls is a bit larger so I'll need to trim some larger screens down.

Oh and I did eventually try the new CH bowl with stock screen and I was not a fan - I like to stir/tamp between hits and that loose screen made it very difficult.

I hope Plusplusglass brings the deep bowl back, I always like extra room for stirring. I've used my CH bowl once so far and I do not like how the screen is so loose. Like you, I also like to stir plus I don't like the screen popping out when I dump it.

I hope everyone is enjoying their Friday, my VROD is making my evening right as usual, I love this device.

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Agree. The deeper bowl would be handy. I always stir and I can sometimes spill a little. Never use a screen. Tried it and could definitely taste it so removed and not missed. I find the glass mesh let's a little herb into my rig but my rig is very easy to clean so no worries. Medium grind with BCG.
Too early in the morning here for the vrod so having a cheeky tinymight whilst the boss lady snores :lol::lol:

Vapoz

Just got the Flowerpot VROD and I think I'm doing something wrong.

With 2 NV Pax scoop loads I get less clouds then 1 scoop in my E-Nano. If I can vape more with one hit, I expect to have intenser clouds. Since everyone is recommending this vape I think the not-so great experience is the fault of the user not the device.

I use my SC-grinder upside down to get a finer grind, running the VROD at 670fahrenheit, capped off. When I used some rosin on the SIC-dish I again got way less hits and effect compared to my DTV4 with SIC-crucible.

Did anyone had the same experiencel, changed something and got the hits everyone is talking about?

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Try dropping down to 570 and capping, with that big of a load you should get quite a few nice draws. 670 is a little warmer than you might want for dabs? My VRod at 570 gives me a dish temp of 420°F I go up as high as 600 for a dish temp in the high 400's I forget what exactly :shrug: At least in my tag sic dish as well. Extraction is fast especially with capped dabs, I'm getting 2 hits , one lung buster and whispyer one that is totally still worth taking with a dab the size of a grain or two of rice after that I qtip up but if I left the heater to sit a bit I might get another but I don't want to burn my dab so I clean up.

Vapoz

Try dropping down to 570 and capping, with that big of a load you should get quite a few nice draws. 670 is a little warmer than you might want for dabs? My VRod at 570 gives me a dish temp of 420°F I go up as high as 600 for a dish temp in the high 400's I forget what exactly :shrug: At least in my tag sic dish as well. Extraction is fast especially with capped dabs, I'm getting 2 hits , one lung buster and whispyer one that is totally still worth taking with a dab the size of a grain or two of rice after that I qtip up but if I left the heater to sit a bit I might get another but I don't want to burn my dab so I clean up.
I've tried this and with the temp on 570 and took a slow capped hit. I did not get any vapor and the herbs remains green. With the temp at 670 I get the same color AVB as my E-Nano.

Vapoz,

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I've tried this and with the temp on 570 and took a slow capped hit. I did not get any vapor and the herbs remains green. With the temp at 670 I get the same color AVB as my E-Nano.
That's very strange? No vapour at all capped at 570? What pid do you have?

mixchu69

purchased the plusplus bowl today. I was watching the Troy and Jerry show yesterday and Troy said the ddave cyclone bowl for the arizer extreme makes a tight seal on the 14mm female side. Maybe ddave can get his glass blower to make some glass bowls.

Tuck

In case you are wondering, GRAV Octobowls are too big. They were on sale for $6 so I thought I'd give them a shot.

Tuck,
Reactions: BigJr48

goatgobaahh

Bummer, looks like it chipped when you dropped it.
Sapphire is extremely hard (9 mohs, 10 mohs = diamond) extreme hardness = brittleness. Carbon fiber would be a good comparison: it’s incredibly stiff : strong enough to make supersonic jets - but a carbon fiber bicycle frame can break just by falling over. So durability depends on a lot of factors.
This was super helpful. Should I discontinue using it? Nothing noticeable I put it back on and it works fine.

stonewatcher

This was super helpful. Should I discontinue using it? Nothing noticeable I put it back on and it works fine.
It will continue to work until it doesn’t. You look quite lucky in the location of the break. The continued heating and cooling may create a larger fracture as you use it or nothing will happen. It’s hard to say without examining it with a microscope.

I would have no concerns using that dish. I also wouldn’t be surprised if one day it just broke. Basically, :shrug:, may Lady Luck be on your side.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I had a larger piece crack off the top rim of my 1st sapphire dish, kept using it even though I had bought one of the NV SIC dishes as backup. Ordered a new sapphire, keep the cracked one as a backup. The problem with continuing to use the cracked one, was mine being a bit deeper, I had repeated oil going up and over, and into the titanium DCup dish holder, and that adds too much cleanup time. I believe knowing the sapphire is a clean surface makes it worth it to me, especially after I read about it, and it’s main fault of being susceptible to temperature SHOCK.

As I always cough after a hit, I make sure my head is turned away from my dish, human spit is probably 300f cooler then the dish. That’s not how mine cracked, but I NEVER want to experience a $150.00 COUGH! :)

Top Bottom