Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
You can get perfectly cloudy hits at 570F if you cap and wait for some conduction to kick in
I have to agree with that, hits are still huge but smooth as a baby's behind and richly flavorful and refreshing like the air after the rain!

There's always poor man's temp stepping , set your temp to 666 or higher and start by taking shorter hits and progressively getting longer as you go.

There's two camps in vaping low temp and high temp.Low temp get...
the best flavor
smooth hits that feel more like regular breathing (no tickle)
this one might just be me but I find low temp a more complex high and longer lasting

high temp get.....
more initial and stronger rush
thickest, densest most smoking like throat feels and lung fullness feeling

There's pros and cons to each but to me doing both provides the best of both worlds and since I have two flowerpots I can quickly and easily temp step which has become how I do most of my vaping these days with all of my vapes.

SquirrelMaster

@cvs8floz @Bad Dog
I've been capping mine at 300°C/572°F and it hits like a train with a perfectly browned later on top. I tried a bowl this evening without the cap, the first in my 20+? since Friday and it determined that I will only use it with the cap from now on. The airflow pattern changed and my edges cooked faster so I needed to stir more often. Plus I am really enjoying a little rosin in the top with each bowl; this vape has left me so ridiculously medicated everytime I use it.

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
I have two flowerpots I can quickly and easily temp step which has become how I do most of my vaping these days with all of my vapes.
Haha. That made me chuckle.

I've been wondering why some folks had 2 or more flowerpots and it's to temp step. Genius.

And I thought my vas was sated. I realise I now need two so I can temp step with the pros.
Credit card!

On a serious note, I favour the lower temps. My PID sits at 605 f and I carb cap. Have tried lower and higher and this is my preference. Very very rarely cough and can clear .2 to .3 g in 3 smooth hits.

Vaporware

I have two because the VRod was only developed after I got the ShowerHead and I wanted to try it with concentrates. I’m not sure I would have bought 2 if I had come in with the current lineup, but I’m not sorry I have both!

Apologize Sorry Not Sorry GIF

...but maybe I would have ended up with both anyway. Even now I’m sometimes tempted to check out a WeedEater and I have no real need for it! :shrug::disgust:

fifapleb

Hey, I saw a few fellow candients purchase a flowerpot recently so wanted to get their feedback. I purchased a weedeater bundle on 4/20, but seems to be stuck at Canada customs since 8th may. Should I be concerned at all? I've reached out to CH customer service for help, just wondering if there is anything else I can do.

fifapleb,
Reactions: lazylathe

androponic

vaped.
Hey, I saw a few fellow candients purchase a flowerpot recently so wanted to get their feedback. I purchased a weedeater bundle on 4/20, but seems to be stuck at Canada customs since 8th may. Should I be concerned at all? I've reached out to CH customer service for help, just wondering if there is anything else I can do.
reach out to @SquirrelMaster, i think his was held up for 8 days in Canadian Customs if i recall. best to PM him since the mods like to keep shipping issues out of these product threads.

WelshBrok

I actually have I guess 3.5 flowerpots :lol: . Have the wrap around, showerhead, rev1 vrod and the bit that turns the VROD into a weedeater. Hadn’t even thought of using them for tempstepping:science:
Reply to myself :lol: but actually thinking about it I probably never used more than 1 flowerpot to temp step because I just temp step via draw speed

zor

Updated my PID settings, mostly using B1 for both flower and concentrates.

540 brings out amazing flavors on my setup, after a few hits I'll press the button to heat up to 600 and hit it as the temp's climbing. I'll use B2 when I have little time and need to get myself ready for bed or just want to blast off to a good place quickly. B3 is super convenient for cleaning the vrod, might need to lower it even more...I'm not disciplined enough to swab the sic dish after every concentrate, and cleaning it on current temps results in the cotton burning; I took a page from my arctic fox TAF Sai settings and man, it's much nicer to do a cleaning after a few different dabs this way.

I never need to stir (exactly how a top notch vaporizer should perform), all hits are capped and through a JET waterpipe.

stonewatcher

Updated my PID settings, mostly using B1 for both flower and concentrates.

540 brings out amazing flavors on my setup, after a few hits I'll press the button to heat up to 600 and hit it as the temp's climbing. I'll use B2 when I have little time and need to get myself ready for bed or just want to blast off to a good place quickly. B3 is super convenient for cleaning the vrod, might need to lower it even more...I'm not disciplined enough to swab the sic dish after every concentrate, and cleaning it on current temps results in the cotton burning; I took a page from my arctic fox TAF Sai settings and man, it's much nicer to do a cleaning after a few different dabs this way.

I never need to stir (exactly how a top notch vaporizer should perform), all hits are capped and through a JET waterpipe.
Could you explain your cleaning process and how temperature relates to it? Do you clean with a wet / iso Qtip at the lower temp then raise it to cook off?

stonewatcher,

zor

Could you explain your cleaning process and how temperature relates to it? Do you clean with a wet / iso Qtip at the lower temp then raise it to cook off?

Sure haha, but it's nothing special, just a dry swab of the vrod dish. I am still experimenting with temperatures, but I prefer not to use any liquids and find that with loading small amounts of concentrate at a time at a lower temperature seems to be easier to clean than at a higher temp. I use a single ruby bead with a two hole cover.
When I did this at hotter temps the cotton would burn and I think I'd get more residue....

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Even now I’m sometimes tempted to check out a WeedEater and I have no real need for it!

I hear ya. I have a Vrod, and I love it, but I like it so much that I want a second Flowerpot setup in case something happens to my main kit (It's kinda why I have three Woodscents logs, lol). And I've been thinking of making that second setup a Weedeater.

I just temp step via draw speed

That's the ticket, my friend! :rockon:

caliganja420

I saw a few comments about the FP being harsh. Are you folks experiencing this coming from smoking flower? During the transition it definitely messes with your throat, but I've been using a VROD for years and can go up to like 700 before it starts to get a little too toasty. Are you using water?

I have been using my flowerpot for several years on and off. Only use it with water and CAPPED. If I I under 700 it takes more hits then usual to go full brown. With my old Vrod, I use to combust quite often between 635 and higher, and had several conversations with Chris trying to figure it out. My new one hasn't combusted yet, but it is damn harsh on my throat, my wife has no harshness problems so i have narrowed it down to my lungs/throat. If I go under 700 with my new one,it just doesn't extract as fast, even after one hit it's still relatively green. I've had several Vrods, a weedeater and a shower head.

caliganja420,

thevapist

Interesting. My VROD can do 600-700 no prob, but of course 600 isn't as toasty. I've used it for 3 years and never combusted once.

Are you pulling super slow or something? Maybe you need to "calibrate" your coil? Sounds like something is up, hope you figure it out.

Socks And Sandals

I saw a few comments about the FP being harsh. Are you folks experiencing this coming from smoking flower? During the transition it definitely messes with your throat, but I've been using a VROD for years and can go up to like 700 before it starts to get a little too toasty. Are you using water?
Oh that transition.. how I remember it like yesterday. Took about 2 weeks straight to finally get used to vapor. I even remember it being harsh at first as well and for some reason.. it made me cough a lot.. especially during the first 4 days of my Plenty.

Funny thing is, I've periodically been combusting and to me, it's absolutely retched in comparison. Forget what I said a few pages back in this thread about that Mobius double matrix clone.. I'm NEVER COMBUSTING again after last night..

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I wonder if a lot of these harsh hits have to do with draw speed.

I usually have been using mine at 666F for flower. But I hit this nothing like I do other vapes. I take a quick draw that probably only takes 5-6 seconds to fill my lungs, lest I wouldn't be able to clear it at the end. So I'm drawing faster than I would almost any other vape. It makes me wonder if many are just drawing too slow, or using too much restriction for this vape...because that's just how we're used to drawing with almost any other vape.

I can say that, when I've used a cap, I felt like it slowed down my draw speed so much that it just became harsh on my throat, even at lower temps in the 550F - 600F range.

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

My VROD continues to kick my ass every night. I can't get enough of this fantastic device. I have added kief to my bowls in the past for a nice little boost so being able to "twax" was the perfect upgrade. My mid-night sleepy brain cannot figure out that naming. If anything I'm flosin with my flower/rosin combo :D. It makes me think of a few lines from Logic - Still Ballin':

I'm wicked, I'm awesome, I'm icy, I'm flossin'
Literally, shit is literary
I eviscerate any my adversary

Run and hide other vapes, the VROD is in charge.

My 420 VROD order was stuck in customs in Mississauga from May 3-12 shipping with USPS/Canada Post. There isn't anything CH can do unfortunately, you're at the mercy of our government's employees. It should hopefully start moving again, maybe at least some update before the end of the week for both you and @ghost7ateoh

I haven't found my FP to be harsh at all in fact I find it to surprisingly smooth considering the size of hits it delivers. Some may consider it harsh though just because they're not use to such a large amount of vapor.

Last edited:

dadan

Hi , I have always been fascinated and mesmerized by the succession of colors of the titanium of my NV showerhead. It seems to me that the colors follow each other in a certain order: bronze, rust, purple, electric blue. It is probably my hallucination as I read that each color comes only with a certain voltage, as explained here http://www.torontocycles.com/Titanium_Anodizing.html
Can anyone tell me more about our NewVape (now Cannabis Hardware of course) products and their color change?

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
Lent my FP to a friend a few months ago, said he would buy one but seems to be slacking... 😂 🤣 😂

Decided to order the Weedeater head and coil last night for myself.
Really missing those huge, delicious hits!

This is #3 for me!
1 - OG FP with quartz biwl
2 - 1st version of the new FP
3 - Weedeater.

vaping herbs

Hi,
maybe a stupid question but I can't find anything on the site.
Does NewVape ship insured and internationally?

vaping herbs,

Tuck

I liked the glass bowls CannabisHardware had before this current crop of glass bowls. The kind that had a donut rather than a glass handle. Please try to find a new source for those. I broke my 19mm.

SquirrelMaster

I liked the glass bowls CannabisHardware had before this current crop of glass bowls. The kind that had a donut rather than a glass handle. Please try to find a new source for those. I broke my 19mm.
Have you checked out the Plusplusglass bowls on DH Gate? They only have the short version available at the moment.

Check out these awesome posts that @snackmaster made comparing 3 different glass bowls.

@vaping herbs They ship to a few different countries. Your best bet is to add some stuff to your cart and then go through the checkout process for a shipping quote. I think you can get a quote once it's added to your cart.

blackstone

Hi , I have always been fascinated and mesmerized by the succession of colors of the titanium of my NV showerhead. It seems to me that the colors follow each other in a certain order: bronze, rust, purple, electric blue. It is probably my hallucination as I read that each color comes only with a certain voltage, as explained here http://www.torontocycles.com/Titanium_Anodizing.html
Can anyone tell me more about our NewVape (now Cannabis Hardware of course) products and their color change?

The effect that you see when you heat up titanium and some other metals is not really electrolytic anodizing, like with voltage in a tank.
It is referred to as bluing, or color anodizing. It is oxides in a layer but it occurs by different means. As you raise the temperature, over time a thicker oxide layer is formed, affecting color.
You can look up the color/temperature charts for the process on Images.
Oxidization resistance should be adequate on titanium in the temperature ranges that people vape with on these, so we won't see oxide scale growth or possible accelerated corrosion and depletion of the heat source like you might with metal alloy heaters and coils that are run at higher temperatures.

It is cool to look at! I noticed if you bring it outdoors it looks way better than in some artificial light. And as somebody mentioned here it can start to look even better in where the heater coil sits, when you screw it open again.
I first saw titanium bluing being a thing with motorcycle exhausts and owners used to watch the color progress after each ride.
It was interesting to see where the most heat would occur on the exhaust, and it exaggerated what a fast rider was doing with a powerful engine on some bikes, besides the satin blue and rainbow tones looking shit cool. (Same in Formula 1 and other racing engines)
It occurs on chromed and stainless steel too, and can be seen when you drill or cut steel at high speeds.
It doesn't occur on aluminum, that needs to be anodized electrolytically.
I also see now it is used as a finish on guns.
And I once saw a product that removes bluing, it's used on exhausts and to remove the colored oxide layers from welding and other processes.

We are lucky in this instance that it is the temperatures that suit extraction are where the nice colors come out, or maybe that was part of the design!?

Top Bottom