Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Kins

Just received my glass bowl from plusplusglass and the fit is perfect! Grabbed the shorty and don't have a problem with size since I'm mostly a micro doser. Neither of my screen sizes fit so I'm going to have to cut one down but other than that it's perfect, excellent seal, coil handle sits level....... Well maybe not perfect I'd prefer 18mm but I have a reducer so it's fine. Well worth it!

I'm a little confused? Is it or is it not ok to torch frosted glass? Though someone said not to? But maybe I misunderstood? I'm also going to try and order some dark crystal to my brother's fiance place so I'll see about that.

Mr. Dog, did you see This?

Kins,

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I did take note of your solution but the added expenses of the rental plus time and gas money to drive to the city for a minimum 2 hour round trip does not super appeal to me but I'm not willing to write it off as a option @Kins

SquirrelMaster

My VROD finally cleared Canadian customs this afternoon after 8 business days of me checking my phone everytime it made a noise lol. I'm so friggin excited for it to arrive! $41.49 in fees with USPS to Canada Post so $10 for their handling fee and the rest GST which seems a few dollars too high but I can't see the receipt until it gets here. No delivery date yet but it should get here next week. I haven't had a package held up in customs for that long in decades so my luck had to run out at some time. Still though, if I make another CH order in the future I'll pick DHL. The shipping cost was the same and the handling fee was only $10 more.

damm

My VROD finally cleared Canadian customs this afternoon after 8 business days of me checking my phone everytime it made a noise lol. I'm so friggin excited for it to arrive! $41.49 in fees with USPS to Canada Post so $10 for their handling fee and the rest GST which seems a few dollars too high but I can't see the receipt until it gets here. No delivery date yet but it should get here next week. I haven't had a package held up in customs for that long in decades so my luck had to run out at some time. Still though, if I make another CH order in the future I'll pick DHL. The shipping cost was the same and the handling fee was only $10 more.
I find items go through customs much faster when I pick DHL. But that may be a fluke.

Socks And Sandals

I have a quartz dish for my V-Rod and like it well enough, its sitting on top of my FP right now although I don't run a ton of dabs off of it. I could see how it would be easier to clean but it also gets dirty looking a bit quicker. D-Nail offers quartz dishes for their rigs, they are 28mm so they fit the flower pot fine. Here is a link to a discounted one (it says second quality but mine and others have shown up in good condition).

My man..

Thank you! I think it was Bad Dog who originally posted this (not sure) but believe me, I understand what you mean about that quartz staying clean. Seems like it would be a little less noticeable since it's frosted? But yeah, I know man, it's going to bug my ocd more than the sic does... because the quartz is easier to see the residue! The reason why I'm bothering looking into this at all is because I did a quartz dab on my evo and a torch dab with my other rig (first time in over a year since getting my FP Vrod) and the flavor difference is night and day.. especially with the Evo. I'm not sure if the all glass vapor paths have something to do with it or not. That's what I'm really trying to determine because the flavor I get from that sic dish is muted in comparison.

I got an email from CH as I'm sure most of you did with a 20% off that new Sapphire Dish of theirs knocking the price down to 120 from $150. Still to pricey for me and I don't know anything about sapphire in comparison to quartz so I'll wait on that but thanks for that link..

PS.. is it a snug fit with the CV nut? Do they ever offer not 2nd quality? Does the fact it's frosted affect the performance any?
Thanks again!

Socks And Sandals,

Kins

My man..

Thank you! I think it was Bad Dog who originally posted this (not sure) but believe me, I understand what you mean about that quartz staying clean. Seems like it would be a little less noticeable since it's frosted? But yeah, I know man, it's going to bug my ocd more than the sic does... because the quartz is easier to see the residue! The reason why I'm bothering looking into this at all is because I did a quartz dab on my evo and a torch dab with my other rig (first time in over a year since getting my FP Vrod) and the flavor difference is night and day.. especially with the Evo. I'm not sure if the all glass vapor paths have something to do with it or not. That's what I'm really trying to determine because the flavor I get from that sic dish is muted in comparison.

I got an email from CH as I'm sure most of you did with a 20% off that new Sapphire Dish of theirs knocking the price down to 120 from $150. Still to pricey for me and I don't know anything about sapphire in comparison to quartz so I'll wait on that but thanks for that link..

PS.. is it a snug fit with the CV nut? Do they ever offer not 2nd quality? Does the fact it's frosted affect the performance any?
Thanks again!

Damn I never got that email and purchased two of them at $150 each!

Socks And Sandals

Damn I never got that email and purchased two of them at $150 each!
Yeah not sure why you didn't get it. I spent over 1k with them, maybe that's why? I dunno lol. :D The code is just "sapphire" in case you were interested. Gotta admit if I wasn't so broke at the moment getting tints on my car, I'd pick one of these up myself. Here's to hoping CH starts keeping the sapphire and the quartz in stock along with their sic!

Socks And Sandals,

Bad Dog

The honeymoon continues! This is my usual t break day but f it I didn't have anything all day and a dab and some dinner sounds like a good idea, I'm planning and a couple week break as soon as I can pull myself away from my VRod :brow: And Gain a couple pounds I lost with my last cold, thank you dabbing and the munchies you give me! The only thing better than having a flowerpot? Having 2 to temp step with of course 😉 still looking for the sweet spot for finishing with the weedeater with cap, still not sure if I like to cap the weedeater? Going pretty low with the VRod mostly camped out between 570-590 for flower and dabs, the flavor! the flavor! Effects are a little less rushy then I'm used to hitting my banger and torch but I'm actually enjoying the a little bit more put together high.

@Socks And Sandals I might have been the most recent to mention the quartz Halo but I'm definitely not the first, couldn't say who was first but I've read it a few times in the past 6-12 months.

Ending on a good note I was able to order the dark crystal to my sister in laws place so I should have it sometime next week and my brother is bringing it by for me so I don't have to do squat! #familyforthewin

stonedmallone

i notice that when I use the glass bowl vs. the titanium I am not getting full extraction. anyone else have this issue. obviously titanium soaks heat in more but even with slower draw speeds I the bud is not that dark after a long first hit. any tips?

stonedmallone,
Reactions: blackstone

Bad Dog

i notice that when I use the glass bowl vs. the titanium I am not getting full extraction. anyone else have this issue. obviously titanium soaks heat in more but even with slower draw speeds I the bud is not that dark after a long first hit. any tips?
What device and what temp? How big of a bowl?

Bad Dog,

Bad Dog

Capped? With a small load at that temp you should be able to crush it in one draw if you can hit it for 30-45 seconds if you can hit it for 45-60 vapour should stop pretty much completely.

Bad Dog,

stonedmallone

Capped? With a small load at that temp you should be able to crush it in one draw if you can hit it for 30-45 seconds if you can hit it for 45-60 vapour should stop pretty much completely.
yup capped! titanium bowl, no issues. but i have to hit the glass bowl like 3 times to get it all and even then its not completely dark brown like I like it

stonedmallone,

Bad Dog

Where did you get the bowl? How is the seal? Other than what touches the glass it should vape even and dark at your temp if you're talking a big enough hit. But performance shouldn't really be that extremely different vs the titanium so I'm a little puzzled, if you're not stirring from the outside the bowl will look green till you dump. The only thing that immediately comes to mind to try is to heat soak the bowl a bit before your hit. I do have to admit my VRod is still new to me and I've only gone to 666 a couple times but I got nice brown avb in my glass, had my weedeater for some time though

stonedmallone

Where did you get the bowl? How is the seal? Other than what touches the glass it should vape even and dark at your temp if you're talking a big enough hit. But performance shouldn't really be that extremely different vs the titanium so I'm a little puzzled, if you're not stirring from the outside the bowl will look green till you dump. The only thing that immediately comes to mind to try is to heat soak the bowl a bit before your hit. I do have to admit my VRod is still new to me and I've only gone to 666 a couple times but I got nice brown avb in my glass, had my weedeater for some time though
got the bowl from cannabis hardware themselves

I use to stir, I don't anymore just because of the clogging of the screen I would get. I know that would help. I heat soak the vrod for at least 20 minutes before I use it. I'll keep working on it

stonedmallone,

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
got the bowl from cannabis hardware themselves

I use to stir, I don't anymore just because of the clogging of the screen I would get. I know that would help. I heat soak the vrod for at least 20 minutes before I use it. I'll keep working on it
If it’s the latest CH glass bowl, the $12 ones, it’s the same for almost all of them.
I have 4, 1 is ok, the second is so so, the other 2 I’m planning on returning them at some point, still sealed, because I can see they’re crooked on the top rim.
The airflow is so free flow, that I feel that it extracts to a light brown, and stays there.
Ti bowls really can get ABV dark brown.
Old school glass bowls, with the attached glass screen with multiple little holes, restricts airflow, creates more conduction, and darker ABV.
There’s nothing wrong with them, just lighter ABV.
Stay vaped.
Mantente de la mente!!!

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Nothing wrong with them just inferior in every way.
@stonedmallone get on dhgate, old style that CH can't seem to get manufactured.
https://www.dhgate.com/product/plus...tgreen_6.5143366.#cppd1-2-5|null::r4459119349
I have 3 of these (2 in rotation, one a back up) and I think they are brilliant. I've packed my ti bucket away. I did knock off the arm from one of them but still functions. I clean every day or other day and don't use a screen. Minimal gunk in rig but I change the water every day..... A good buy imo.....

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Nothing wrong with them just inferior in every way.
@stonedmallone get on dhgate, old style that CH can't seem to get manufactured.
https://www.dhgate.com/product/plus...tgreen_6.5143366.#cppd1-2-5|null::r4459119349
First of all, these kind of slides have existed from a long time ago. I believe it was a JP Toro himself he designed it.
Exactly the same knockoff that every Chinese or “american” glass blower are knocking off.

Second, I have had 4 slides from DHGate that worked well, 2 survived the 3 years plus heavy NV FP heads usage since I have them. They come with the honeycomb glass screen, and for heavy usage (2g-1/8 daily) they tend to clog pretty fast, and I use a thin Ti mesh screen on top of the honeycomb screen. Airflow is a mess when they get a bit dirty.

This don’t happen with the new NV dimples screen holder, not my favorite per se, because of the screen dislodge thing going, but I found it good for dumping and cleaning after.
Airflow in new bowl is superior imho & e.

Materials look and feel way superior in the new slides, it really looks nicer than other batches.
Cleaner glass and feels good to touch, it looks cleaner, different, newer, like better raw materials were used. Perhaps cleaner conditions during manufacturing.

Hard to feel for some people that have never had the chance to own good quality glass, and can’t compare between glass qualities.
Some people never owned “quality glass”, so they can’t give opinions, and some just give opinions even when they never owned or tried good glass before.
I have OG glass, and I own knockoff Chinese glass too.
I was friend with a guy, RIP Phil PhotoRider, from Portland, Oregon, FC oldie here too, that owned 300 plus OG glass, heady and some scientific too. And I dabbed and I vaped from every one of his glass, all his Eusheens, Banjos, Motherships and all the major league glass blowers from the states
I believe I can distinguish quality glass from bad glass, even Chinese knockoffs have different glass qualities.

I don’t know where NV FP sourced these glass slides this time, but for $12 a slide, I believe they’re offering more quality than I expected.
Chinese knockoffs come at a similar tag, and it’s a 50/50 chance you’ll get a few lemons too.
DHGATE slides work great, not saying anything bad from them, but discrediting NV FP efforts to bring an affordable option, and at least trying it, deserves some merit.

And no, “they don’t need to seem to manufacture an old style slide”, because they manufacture their own bowl, to almost perfect matching specifications, of way superior quality than any glass slide been offered, without the headaches of needing to deal with cocky obnoxious spoil brat “north american glass blowers that they think themselves deities”, nor over exploited glass sweat shop overseas manufacturers with lack of communication, because of language barriers, and economic war trades between united states and Chinese, and because I wouldn’t care to put any effort too, if I’m getting paid $10 per 8 hours shift of hard labor

I’m not saying there aren’t better quality slides that match NV FP heads, but remember, NV FP is a metal machining company, they machined Ti medical implants and surgery equipment, they dabble in military contracts too, and just recently, because Edwyn likes weed and Harley Davidsons, they started dabbling in the vaping industry a few years ago.
They didn’t and they don’t have much to do with glass, nor I believe it’s in their intentions to get involved too much with glass.
They have already a lot in their plates with manufacturing enough NV FP heads to keep a stock.

By the way, I got 4 of the NV FP new bowl/slides, 2x work well, the other 2x are still sealed and I’m planning on returning them, because I can see some crooked lips on both.
But the 2 that work, they work well enough.
And I’m ordering pretty soon some from DHGate too.

Sorry about the rant, but both slides have pros and cons, and imho & e, those $12 slides NV FP is offering, are ok for the tag.
Maybe next batch comes better.
This is probably the 3rd or 4th batch of glass slides NV have released I believe.
Last time I checked their stock, before 4/20/21, they had like 100 slides.
Batches of 100 plus bowls might last a few months. NV FP been offering glass bowls since 2 1/2 years ago or so.

Shipping from China, that they have low QC but large stocks, cheap, and takes 2 months plus, or dealing with untrained newbies locally, at the lathe, that they don’t care about scientific glass, but just to learn enough of slides and joints to dream to become the “next Eusheen”, those are the scenarios that any vaporizer manufacturer that wants to add glass to a quality vape, goes through.
Cheap low QC long shipping delays from China, or cocky snotty snobby local zit ridden wooks glass blowers, that are bad newbies, imagine the scenarios.
Stay vaped. Mantente de la mente!!!

cvs8floz

Glass bowls flare up on this thread about every 10 pages or so, the same arguments are made over and over how CH is a metal shop not into glass, how Chinese glass is inferior, how some use a metal screen in a glass bowl and some don't, etc, etc. Yet nothing ever changes. I can still only buy a bowl with honey-comb glass screen that fits the FP from China, I have stated many times in this thread that for me, the plusplusglass bowl is as close to perfect as you can get. If someone can duplicate this bowl in the US with the higher grade glass people are raving about, I would be in, regardless of cost. Until then, I am done with this discussion.

androponic

vaped.
Glass bowls flare up on this thread about every 10 pages or so, the same arguments are made over and over how CH is a metal shop not into glass, how Chinese glass is inferior, how some use a metal screen in a glass bowl and some don't, etc, etc. Yet nothing ever changes. I can still only buy a bowl with honey-comb glass screen that fits the FP from China, I have stated many times in this thread that for me, the plusplusglass bowl is as close to perfect as you can get. If someone can duplicate this bowl in the US with the higher grade glass people are raving about, I would be in, regardless of cost. Until then, I am done with this discussion.
you ahould seriously pitch to purr glass. they make a perfect fit bowl for the neo by @Black_Prrl maybe Mark can get a contact for you and they could make a bowl. im sure a lot would sell, im in.

thevapist

Those PlusPlus glass bowls look great. Looks just like my OG glass bowl from NV and I love to have backups of stuff. Going to order a few, thanks!

If you clean your pieces every day and have multiple glass bowls to cycle, I would just go honeycomb with no screen. I currently only use the glass bowl with concentrate as funny as that sounds. It actually works as a bit of a nectar collector. I hate trying to get a screen into glass as well, or cutting the screens.

Top Bottom