Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

SquirrelMaster

I had the weedeater head first and since getting the VROD my weedeater just sits on its stand turned off (looking pretty). I prefer my VROD even for flower partly due to needing about 100f less to get the same results as my weedeater head. Also easier to cap the VROD, which is huge for me as I only use my flowerpots capped.
What makes it easier to cap the VROD? Are you using their cap?

SquirrelMaster,

EddIW

What makes it easier to cap the VROD? Are you using their cap?
I have the VROD carb cap and the universal carb cap they make, I find on the weedeater even the universal cap can fall off/slip off, but the VROD is designed so they both kind of slot on and stay in place. I would always drop the carb cap when moving the weedeater from my bowl, but that never happens with the VROD.

someTooL

After 7 months of vRod ownership, I combusted for the first time last night. Watching the milky white vapor turn yellow was almost scary. I normally stick to a 1/2 to a full scoop, but I had placed nearly 3 scoops in...too close to the heat.

Lesson learned. This thing does not need to be over packed. Ever again lol.

blackstone

Is it worth having a flower pot if someone already has a VROD? I'm looking at a flowerpot kit minus the controller (I already have an Auber RDK-300B) and although I rarely use concentrates the extra metal in the VROD for heat soaking seems like a better route? The showerhead sounds even better but I don't see the parts listed on the site.

Or would I be better off with a Weedeater and just adding concentrates on top for the rare times I go that route?

The following is from the manufacturer recently:
I can't recomend the weedeater if someone already owns the vrod. I do still prefer the vrod for flower only. I find it retains heat better and has the right amount of restriction to heat the air properly thus not requiring a carb cap for flower.

It's a bit unfortunate they didn't make the flower only weedeater retain enough heat and have the right amount of restriction for flower without carb, kinda wish I had known this info before choosing which premium cannabis vaporizer head to suit my mostly flower only use case!

cvs8floz

It's a bit unfortunate they didn't make the flower only weedeater retain enough heat and have the right amount of restriction for flower without carb, kinda wish I had known this info before choosing which premium cannabis vaporizer head to suit my mostly flower only use case!
I always use the Weedeater with carb but many people here don't, it just means that you need to crank up the temp more and take longer hits, but the Weedeater does work uncapped.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Whoops, I meant to say is it worth having the Weedeater parts so I could swap between a VROD or Weedeater setup.

Yeah. That's what I figured you meant. Was just checking.

I always use the Weedeater with carb but many people here don't, it just means that you need to crank up the temp more and take longer hits, but the Weedeater does work uncapped.

Of course it works un-capped. The Weedeater wasn't designed to be used with a cap.

Gribble

Howdy, folks! I'm about ten days in to Flowerpot ownership and generally very pleased with the performance I've gotten so far. One issue I've encountered is a hot ring toward the outside of the bowl. I haven't had a ton of luck searching the various online resources for this issue. What can I do to mitigate this and get more evenly roasted flower?

Gribble,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Howdy, folks! I'm about ten days in to Flowerpot ownership and generally very pleased with the performance I've gotten so far. One issue I've encountered is a hot ring toward the outside of the bowl. I haven't had a ton of luck searching the various online resources for this issue. What can I do to mitigate this and get more evenly roasted flower?

It's happened to me occasionally.
In my experience, this seems to be to be resolved in one of three ways.

1) Lower temperature.
2) Pull faster (and sometimes raise temperature).
3) Just ignore it and finish the bowl, and it all evens out in the end.

Option 3 usually works out for me.
And make sure that you're removing the heater/head from the bowl in-between hits. You don't want to overheat the bowl itself and cause the outsides to get scorched.

Circa1999

Guys I want to order a flower pot could you please help me figure out what accessories are worth getting?

I'm going to order the weed eater bundle that comes with the 'basic stand' and 'insulated heat post' but want to get some other stuff as well.

I'm thinking of getting the 'Auber controller stand' but do you think I should get the 'debowler spike' or any of the other accessories to go with it?

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Does the debowler spike go on the auber stand? Seems awkward to empty, don't think I'd like that, heater stand only I think but personally I love my 5 inch.... Or is it six? The big round Stand! Enough space for the heater, bowl, large spot for debowler or brush (I don't like the brush) with leftover space for a carb cap, extra bowl or whatever. When I was a heavier user it was a indespenceable accessory but I still love it now and could never settle for just the basic stand

SquirrelMaster

Guys I want to order a flower pot could you please help me figure out what accessories are worth getting?

I'm going to order the weed eater bundle that comes with the 'basic stand' and 'insulated heat post' but want to get some other stuff as well.

I'm thinking of getting the 'Auber controller stand' but do you think I should get the 'debowler spike' or any of the other accessories to go with it?
Just a tip, the bundle price doesn't offer a discount so if you wanted a different stand you could buy all the pieces (which are listed in the bundle description) and swap the stand. I have an Auber RDK-300 already so I'm going with every other piece from the VROD bundle and the larger stand that @Bad Dog is talking about. The different bowl adapters may be overkill (19mm Ti, 14mm Ti, 14mm glass) but shipping always kills it for me so I'd rather get it all in one shot.

Bad Dog

Though not a cannabis hardware item I love my Delta 3D studio metal scoop and poke. If you have any interest in achieving really repeated results the easiest is a good scoop. I prefer to delta 3D studio over the CH pax scoop because it is smaller and acts as a stir tool, it's fantastic

delta hotel

While recently explaining to a friend about the reclaim you can collect from an old Pax I gave him, I wondered if I was cleaning my FlowerPot wrong. Is there some sort of reclaim I can get from this? I know about reclaim from a drop down with concentrates, but I only ever use dry flower and a drop down.

Also, I saw someone somewhere mention alcohol not being single use and was confused. I always just pour a little into whatever piece I've been using, give it a shake, dump and rinse. Am I missing something here?

ray_

Also, I saw someone somewhere mention alcohol not being single use and was confused. I always just pour a little into whatever piece I've been using, give it a shake, dump and rinse. Am I missing something here?

While ISO was in short supply last year I was looking into this. Some people use the '3 jar method' where they start with 3 jars of ISO labeled 1, 2 and 3. They soak their parts to be cleaned in each of the jars for an hour or so in order: 1, 2 then 3. Then keep using the jars that way and keep soaking things in the same order. Over a month or so jar 1 gets dirtiest while jar 3 is cleanest. After jar 1 gets really dirty, they throw away the ISO from that jar and fill it with clean ISO. It becomes jar 3, 3 becomes 2. and 2 becomes 1. Then just start over.

It seems like it should work, but I've never done it. Anyone else?

Circa1999

Does the debowler spike go on the auber stand? Seems awkward to empty, don't think I'd like that, heater stand only I think but personally I love my 5 inch.... Or is it six? The big round Stand! Enough space for the heater, bowl, large spot for debowler or brush (I don't like the brush) with leftover space for a carb cap, extra bowl or whatever. When I was a heavier user it was a indespenceable accessory but I still love it now and could never settle for just the basic stand
Have you tried the Auber stand? Do you think I would be better off going for the traditional big round stand?

Circa1999,

delta hotel

Have you tried the Auber stand? Do you think I would be better off going for the traditional big round stand?
I started with the smaller round stand (not the big one that holds EVERYTHING), and later ordered the Auber stand. I run the Auber off of my desk, where I have room but everything kind of has a "place". I like the Auber stand in that it turns all of it into a single footprint on my desk, where all of the FP items are in one place. Then again, that's just my preference.

While ISO was in short supply last year I was looking into this. Some people use the '3 jar method' where they start with 3 jars of ISO labeled 1, 2 and 3. They soak their parts to be cleaned in each of the jars for an hour or so in order: 1, 2 then 3. Then keep using the jars that way and keep soaking things in the same order. Over a month or so jar 1 gets dirtiest while jar 3 is cleanest. After jar 1 gets really dirty, they throw away the ISO from that jar and fill it with clean ISO. It becomes jar 3, 3 becomes 2. and 2 becomes 1. Then just start over.

It seems like it should work, but I've never done it. Anyone else?
This sounds like what I saw, they were jars of ISO with varying dirtiness. ISO has been super easy to find in my area for the last 6 months and I've got several big bottles of 91, so I doubt I'll do this. Thanks for the breakdown though!

delta hotel,
Reactions: Circa1999

snackmaster

@TheJackofAss have you considered the carb cap? I got my weedeater essentials kit at the beginning of Feb and plan to get one - performance is great without it IMO but I've heard enough people endorse using the carb cap that I wanna give it a try. I also wanna get that Auber stand because my kit gets stashed away during the week so it'll be a little easier to pull it out on the weekends if it's one piece.

I'll also throw out there that if you like watching vapor production then that's not the best glass piece for it, but other than that it's solid.

edit: oh and actually this is the same bubbler if you wanna save a little $ https://www.thickassglass.com/products/tag-9-bent-neck-interior-showerhead-55x5mm-18mm-female

Bad Dog

@TheJackofAss I haven't used the auber stand but my first experience with a flower pot was a weedeater and auber controller, it's quite large and heavy all the more so with the stand I suppose? Gracefully tipping it over to empty the avb might be a little difficult so if you are a heavier user and emptying a few times a day might not be the best experience but it's not like the big round Stand is perfect either , if you have it full of your stuff you have to pretty much take it all off to empty unless you have big hands and can sort of palm everything minus the heater head unless it's cold and tip it out. If you don't want to monkey around emptying and unloading stands pick up a cheap dust buster and dedicate it to sucking avb up.

Circa1999

Have you got a coil and a handle already, I may have missed that? Also, you can drop the 14mm female piece, unless you have a 14mm male glass piece that is, not sure if you added it because you do or not.
Thanks for the response.

No I don't have a 14mm male glass piece just thought I had to order 2 for some reason like they would connect into the shovel head from each side? Was gonna use the glass piece that they sell only.

Does this list look correct this time?

cgrXjy0.jpg

@TheJackofAss have you considered the carb cap? I got my weedeater essentials kit at the beginning of Feb and plan to get one - performance is great without it IMO but I've heard enough people endorse using the carb cap that I wanna give it a try. I also wanna get that Auber stand because my kit gets stashed away during the week so it'll be a little easier to pull it out on the weekends if it's one piece.

I'll also throw out there that if you like watching vapor production then that's not the best glass piece for it, but other than that it's solid.

edit: oh and actually this is the same bubbler if you wanna save a little $ https://www.thickassglass.com/products/tag-9-bent-neck-interior-showerhead-55x5mm-18mm-female
I thought that the carb cap only worked for the vrod? It works for the weed eater as well?

Which glass piece do you think I should get? I don't know anything about glass.

Should I get the "Grav Upline Upright Bubbler" instead? It costs more so maybe its better?

Circa1999,

delta hotel

Thanks for the response.

No I don't have a 14mm male glass piece just thought I had to order 2 for some reason like they would connect into the shovel head from each side? Was gonna use the glass piece that they sell only.

Does this list look correct this time?

cgrXjy0.jpg
That looks like everything you need to run the WE. The only thing I would consider adding is the carb cap. I'm 99.99% dry flower and I use the VROD, but from what I understand the carb cap fits the WE too. I use the VROD capped almost 100% of the time as I prefer the lower temperatures and draw. It also seems like it lets me milk it a little more, though I've heard people are able to do so without it. I'm sure the WE functions similar if not the same.

Which glass piece do you think I should get? I don't know anything about glass.

Should I get the "Grav Upline Upright Bubbler" instead? It costs more so maybe its better?
He's saying you won't seeit produce the vapor (you're not able to watch it), but it hits just fine. I haven't used that piece exactly, but I've used one similar and it works just fine. Alternatively, I think you'd see even less production from the Upline, if that were what you're looking for. I could be wrong though. I think the glass you have with it is fine.

snackmaster

Folks, you can edit posts and don't need to post back-to-back :tup:

@TheJackofAss yep, the carb cap works with the WE too. As for glass, it's just my personal preference that I like to have a nice view and see the vapor. I bought that same piece from TAG and ended up selling it shortly after because I didn't like the view, so I thought I'd mention it. But everything CH sells will work great so don't let me discourage you.

snackmaster,
Reactions: Circa1999
Top Bottom