Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

west-elec

Yeah the Dhgate sellers are smarter and are charging ott prices for the old style ones, because people want them.
Seems like this got overcomplicated and drawn out and now the result is unimpressive. The impression given they tried to go local but it didn't work out. Had to be price point because surely plenty of blowers would have wanted to be the FP bowl maker. Maybe some people would pay a premium for local glass, maybe not this design...

west-elec,
Reactions: Mangu

Vapefanatic

You may need to order 500pcs of it but it really only costs about 50 cents each, give or take. Helps if you can communicate in the local language. Since the OD requires precision, a further $50 give or take will be required as mold fees. So, $300 or so for 500 glass bowls, making it around $0.60 each. I'd take 2 dozen bowls. I don't think it'll be difficult to find 20 like minded individuals to form a group buy for this? I mean, this is around the price for 10 bowls on DHgate. Best part is, we get to decide the design. Is this a bad idea?

cvs8floz

You may need to order 500pcs of it but it really only costs about 50 cents each, give or take. Helps if you can communicate in the local language. Since the OD requires precision, a further $50 give or take will be required as mold fees. So, $300 or so for 500 glass bowls, making it around $0.60 each. I'd take 2 dozen bowls. I don't think it'll be difficult to find 20 like minded individuals to form a group buy for this? I mean, this is around the price for 10 bowls on DHgate. Best part is, we get to decide the design. Is this a bad idea?
Great idea, but you would need connections in China to pull this off and it might be more expensive than you think. I paid $17 each for 5 on my most recent order, you can probably get the cost down to ~$5 in large quantities and resell them for $20, a very nice profit. Still puzzled why NV isn't doing that.

thevapist

Wow, NV is selling that 14mm china glass for $120 now. You can get DHgate pieces on ebay for like $60. I don't think I'd want to see what they resell the bowls for, rather just order from the gate myself as I'm fine waiting.

I have an OG glass bowl that I protect. I take a different approach and I use the glass bowl for concentrates only.

Also, shipping from China seems to have picked up a LOT of speed. I ordered from 2 separate sellers, and both packages are already in CA after 9 days with free ePacket shipping.

thevapist,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Try and remember, NV is a mostly METAL SHOP, specializing in TITANIUM. As Edwin the owner is a vape person, he tries to satisfy our needs, but GLASS is NOT their specialty. The titanium bowl works great, and should last forever, Glass is certainly a fine desire, but the company makes a better profit creating METAL products IN HOUSE. I’m sure it’s mostly a hassle dealing with OUTSIDE glass companies, or China discount websites. Give them some slack....

thevapist

Yea, they don't have to charge $120 for something they get around $30, though. You can find DHgate pieces in the US for $50-60 on many sites, and these were their previous prices.

I'm a consumer, and I buy many NV products. I can comment on the prices as much as I want :)

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Try and remember, NV is a mostly METAL SHOP, specializing in TITANIUM. As Edwin the owner is a vape person, he tries to satisfy our needs, but GLASS is NOT their specialty. The titanium bowl works great, and should last forever, Glass is certainly a fine desire, but the company makes a better profit creating METAL products IN HOUSE. I’m sure it’s mostly a hassle dealing with OUTSIDE glass companies, or China discount websites. Give them some slack....

^ What @RustyOldNail said.

Ramahs,

Severmore

Yea, they don't have to charge $120 for something they get around $30, though. You can find DHgate pieces in the US for $50-60 on many sites, and these were their previous prices.

I'm a consumer, and I buy many NV products. I can comment on the prices as much as I want :)
I was under the impression that this was the piece I purchased with my WE...

...not gonna lie. I was a bit bummed when I learned I'd paid 33% more for a glass piece I could have easily picked up a short distance from home.

Is TAG considered china glass?

Severmore,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I was under the impression that this was the piece I purchased with my WE...

...not gonna lie. I was a bit bummed when I learned I'd paid 33% more for a glass piece I could have easily picked up a short distance from home.

Is TAG considered china glass?

That’s why it pays to do the research before buying.
They are the same exact rig, I own 2 of them. TAG is made in China, but I was not able to find the same one, as I believe TAG, has some of their rigs made specifically for them as THICK glass. Downside of thick, is a Keck Clip does not fit on the THICK 14mm female joint.

As to why NV charges more for OUTSIDE glass, read my post above. ....

Oh, and BTW: That same glass rig on TAG, was out of stock for about 9 months, so I paid the NV price, as I wanted a backup. I see it’s now back in stock, don’t forget to add shipping cost as well.

west-elec

They probably won't sell them that cheap even in bulk because they are already tapping the demand and they are about $10 for 100 now. They even put 'New Vaporizer, FC forum' in the description so they are aware where they are going. But if you want the old style, bad luck Edwin profit goes elsewhere.
https://www.dhgate.com/product/plusplus-glass-22mm-glass-bowl-short-version/416885816.html

west-elec,

snackmaster

Do the controller stands get warm? Or do they dissipate heat pretty well with all their surface area? I’d like to get one for 4/20 but noticed my basic heat stand warms up a bit and wasn’t sure if there was any issue with that warmth making its way to the controller.

snackmaster,

cvs8floz

They probably won't sell them that cheap even in bulk because they are already tapping the demand and they are about $10 for 100 now. They even put 'New Vaporizer, FC forum' in the description so they are aware where they are going. But if you want the old style, bad luck Edwin profit goes elsewhere.
https://www.dhgate.com/product/plusplus-glass-22mm-glass-bowl-short-version/416885816.html
I can vouch for the quality of these bowls, I have been using one daily for months and the holes don't get plugged up, that was an issue with the Chinese bowls NV was selling 1-2 years ago. Glass is nice and thick, they feel solid. I prefer the taller ones, they will hold up to 3 scoops.

delta hotel

Do the controller stands get warm? Or do they dissipate heat pretty well with all their surface area? I’d like to get one for 4/20 but noticed my basic heat stand warms up a bit and wasn’t sure if there was any issue with that warmth making its way to the controller.
I use the Auber stand and this was a concern I had when ordering it. I can say it gets a little warm, but I'd barely call it warm. You can easily rest your hand on it and just feel that it's barely warm to the touch. As far as it making it into the controller, I don't know how sensitive it is, but just by touching it, I wouldn't guess it's holding enough warmth in it to damage it.

Vapefanatic

Great idea, but you would need connections in China to pull this off
Done.
and it might be more expensive than you think.
Nope.
I paid $17 each for 5 on my most recent order, you can probably get the cost down to ~$5 in large quantities and resell them for $20, a very nice profit. Still puzzled why NV isn't doing that.
You are referring to DHgate. I'm not. I'm referring to real factories. Pretty much where DHgate sellers order from. The price i stated is quite accurate.

Again, I'm not talking about DHgate. I'm talking about placing a real custom bowl order, since many are not satisfied with what CH (cannabis hardware) introduced.

Price is as I mentioned. Period.

I can help to place the order and communicate throughout. However, I do not have time to organize this. Someone will have to gather enough interest, collect funds, convert design into drawing etc. I'll only be in charge of purchasing. Don't really see this happening because of the hassle but i thought I'd offer what i can do.

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
I'm in and I would be willing to contribute in any way I can, I would really like propper bowls. I'm just a skip away from Shenzen where all the stuff on DHGate is made, but this should just be as simple as sending them the schematic and buying their moq. We can probably do a smaller test run at first and if they are good may Canibus Hardware would decide to stock them. But I think they want US glass.

Vapefanatic

I'm in and I would be willing to contribute in any way I can, I would really like propper bowls. I'm just a skip away from Shenzen where all the stuff on DHGate is made, but this should just be as simple as sending them the schematic and buying their moq. We can probably do a smaller test run at first and if they are good may Canibus Hardware would decide to stock them. But I think they want US glass.
Imo, first step is to gather enough interest. Once that it done, a design has to be finalized. Can't have 20 ppl ordering all different designs. Then, send that design over for a formal quote and MOQ. Chip in the money and have it shipped to organizer for reshipping. Its a lot of trouble to be honest. Many are happy buying them off DHgate at 17 a piece. Not sure many will be interested unless a killer design is thought of?

Vapefanatic,

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
There is one design on DHGate now that is almost perfect, the fit is either a tad too large in diameter or a tad too small. I think if we could get that bow in the perfect diameter it would be great. I'll try to find which it is. It's not the popular bow.

Also doesn't CH have schematics for the perfect bowl on their site?

bkkbob,

cvs8floz

There is one design on DHGate now that is almost perfect, the fit is either a tad too large in diameter or a tad too small. I think if we could get that bow in the perfect diameter it would be great. I'll try to find which it is. It's not the popular bow.

Also doesn't CH have schematics for the perfect bowl on their site?
I find the bowls sold by d+P are spot on and they get all positive reviews. They fit tight but not too tight, there is no air leakage, you just have to be careful when you lift the head to not also lift the bowl. Still, every bowl I have used could benefit from a longer handle because they do get hot.

cvs8floz,

snackmaster

I'm lukewarm on the glass bowls with pinches because I don't see how they'll hold a 5/8" screen that well, but I'll pick one up on 4/20 assuming they're available and will try it with a 3/4" screen I "basketed" to roughly 5/8" diameter. Made it for my my plusplusglass dhgate bowl because I thought it'd stay put better and that some space between the screen and honeycomb might do something positive to airflow. It does hold better, but the gap just collects a lot of material.
fpscr.jpg

Does anyone here use the NV/MaxVapor controller? I just bought the last one the internet had to offer and was looking for tips on how to use all the features. I have wifi and stuff set up, but I'm curious about using things like autotune, heat profiles and self clean with my flowerpot VRod

ttrockiryba,

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
I have the MaxVapor, PM me with any questions you may have. I don't really use all the features though :)

bkkbob,

Kins

I find the bowls sold by d+P are spot on and they get all positive reviews. They fit tight but not too tight, there is no air leakage, you just have to be careful when you lift the head to not also lift the bowl. Still, every bowl I have used could benefit from a longer handle because they do get hot.

Yeah Cheap garbage bowls always get hot.

Kins,
Top Bottom