Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Severmore

Do you know if they have the same thing but with the preimum bundle?
They don’t, but you can add all the components individually to create your own WeedEater Premium bundle...I did.

If you do the math, there is no cost savings when buying the Vrod premium bundle vs buying all components individually.

Severmore,
Reactions: someTooL

Atomic11

I want to love this thing but have run into quite the problem on my first week- i am a heavy user and noticed build up of reclaim in the tiny hole between the nut that secures the sic cup and the airpath hole- i have tried by suggestions of other users to soak in warm soapy water, soak in iso overnight, try unscrewing while running hot, soak in hot iso (actually boiled iso on a hotplate and let it soak there) still nothing- the pliers are just pulling off small chunks of the fastening nut- is the nut not ti?

Kins

I want to love this thing but have run into quite the problem on my first week- i am a heavy user and noticed build up of reclaim in the tiny hole between the nut that secures the sic cup and the airpath hole- i have tried by suggestions of other users to soak in warm soapy water, soak in iso overnight, try unscrewing while running hot, soak in hot iso (actually boiled iso on a hotplate and let it soak there) still nothing- the pliers are just pulling off small chunks of the fastening nut- is the nut not ti?

I used a pair of pliers. The big adjustable ones. Here is a link to exact one I use/used.

Kins,

thevapist

Been using a VROD for years and never have issues getting the nut off. If it's warm and you didn't cross thread it, it should come off fairly easily with a pair of pliers. I use pliers that are flat and covered in silicone, not really pliers but they work. Sometimes it works its way undone by itself, but I see that more often with the quartz dish than SiC. I put a ton of concentrate through mine and have no issues. That inner head area will not get dirty either because the heat will not allow the vapor to condense on the inside. Even after years the inside of my head is like new. But cleaning that thread is not something I have ever done. Remove the SiC dish and blast with a torch til red hot if you burn some stuff inside it, good as new. You shouldn't need to unscrew it otherwise.

Also, Ti is fairly soft, it's not some indestructible alien technology. Steel is harder so you will especially mess up the finish on Ti using steel tools.

Atomic11

Been using a VROD for years and never have issues getting the nut off. If it's warm and you didn't cross thread it, it should come off fairly easily with a pair of pliers. I use pliers that are flat and covered in silicone, not really pliers but they work. Sometimes it works its way undone by itself, but I see that more often with the quartz dish than SiC. I put a ton of concentrate through mine and have no issues. That inner head area will not get dirty either because the heat will not allow the vapor to condense on the inside. Even after years the inside of my head is like new. But cleaning that thread is not something I have ever done. Remove the SiC dish and blast with a torch til red hot if you burn some stuff inside it, good as new. You shouldn't need to unscrew it otherwise.

Also, Ti is fairly soft, it's not some indestructible alien technology. Steel is harder so you will especially mess up the finish on Ti using steel tools.
well that doesn’t exactly help me but im glad you experienced no problems

Atomic11,

Kins

I liked the weedeater when I tried it but I tend to think vrod is more efficient. I love this thing. It's got to be the best performing vape I own. It's not perfect but no vape is. Just did a twax with some GMO sugar on top and some Grapefruit flower in the bowl. Very tasty combo. Only needed about 4 hits from that and I'm toasty. I think I had some bad quality weed a while back but now I've found "the good stuff" again, just forgot what dispensary I got it from. There is a new one in town every few weeks or so. There is so much competition it's worth it to shop multiple places. The last new place I went to was giving away free 1/8th with your first purchase.

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
14mm import grade glass flowerpot bowls are back in stock.

west-elec

14mm import grade glass flowerpot bowls are back in stock.
That is some wide open gap with those dimples as the only screen. Whole nugs only in this one?
Aren't dimples best known for diverting airflow? I cant see the performance of this bowl being anywhere near equal to the old version with many small holes equally spaced.

west-elec,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I like the new logo @Cannabis-Hardware-Ed. Looks sharp. :cool:

:peace:

^ Agreed!

That is some wide open gap with those dimples as the only screen. Whole nugs only in this one?
Aren't dimples best known for diverting airflow? I cant see the performance of this bowl being anywhere near equal to the old version with many small holes equally spaced.

It says it comes with a metal screen. The dimples are to hold the screen up.

Vapefanatic

I think there will be removable glass screens as well as steel screens. Great idea actually. I bet we can also put both in.

Vapefanatic,

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
I kind of like the idea of having some slightly larger dimples being used to hold the screen. I find sometimes if I go too long without at least some cleaning of my glass bowl the space between the dimples can become clogged and restrict airflow especially if I've been vaping hash through it. I kind of preferred having the glass "doughnut" around the bowl vs. the handle, I always seem to find the handle on my ti bowl ending up facing the opposite of the hand I want to use to pull it. This does look like a stronger and easier to grab handle then the ones the first style of glass bowl had though! Really just first world vapor problems :dog:.

710yota,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I'm probably going to get the glass bowl...However, the titanium bowl is so well designed that I have doubts that I will like the glass bowl better.
I doubt the screen would stay in place as well, and the airflow has to be worse with glass bits under the screen.

cvs8floz

It says it comes with a metal screen.
I don't get the point of a glass bowl if you are going to put a metal screen in the vapor path, might as well use the titanium bowl, at least it won't break. The old glass bowls with the many holes work great with any grind, you just have to get them from China.

Kins

I don't get the point of a glass bowl if you are going to put a metal screen in the vapor path, might as well use the titanium bowl, at least it won't break. The old glass bowls with the many holes work great with any grind, you just have to get them from China.

Why do they have to come from China?. I'd gladly pay more for higher quality. I've spent $12 on China bowls before and they broke really easily. I've also spent $80 on a good bowl several years ago and the $80 ones are still around today. They could have an American glass company create a custom bowl for them. Sure it'd be more expensive but it would also be much better quality and should last years instead of weeks.

androponic

vaped.
They could have an American glass company create a custom bowl for them. Sure it'd be more expensive but it would also be much better quality and should last years instead of weeks.
They already did this not too long ago.

androponic,

cvs8floz

Why do they have to come from China?. I'd gladly pay more for higher quality. I've spent $12 on China bowls before and they broke really easily. I've also spent $80 on a good bowl several years ago and the $80 ones are still around today. They could have an American glass company create a custom bowl for them. Sure it'd be more expensive but it would also be much better quality and should last years instead of weeks.
I couldn't care less where they come for and the recent batch I got from China was good quality imo. I must say that I never searched for glass bowls that fit the FP domestically, do they even exist? And I must say that most glass breaks because of accidents, quality, price, country of origin don't matter if you drop a bowl on a tiled floor, it will break!

Kins

I couldn't care less where they come for and the recent batch I got from China was good quality imo. I must say that I never searched for glass bowls that fit the FP domestically, do they even exist? And I must say that most glass breaks because of accidents, quality, price, country of origin don't matter if you drop a bowl on a tiled floor, it will break!

I've dropped plenty. The cheap ones shatter, good ones bounce!. Haha!. Guess I could or anyone do this on the own as long as they know the measurements. The thing is though, as of now I'm really liking the titianium bowl the flowerpot comes with. Funny because a few weeks ago I was saying I thought it wasn't deep enough. However now I have down pat how much of a fill will give good pulls and how much is too much for the bowl. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. It just seems to take me longer to get used to or learn the way things work.

west-elec

Those dimples must affect airflow. Also agree no real point having a glass bowl with a loose steel screen. To me if it is going to be glass it has to be all glass.

west-elec,

cvs8floz

I think they know a bit about the subject of glass bowls...
Yes, there was a discussion with them on this subject several pages ago, they are not interested in bringing back Rev-1 although many of us are fans of that style bowl. I don't agree with that position as a business decision, but it is not my business, they can do whatever they want. The good thing is that the only proprietary part of the FP is the head assembly itself, all other parts (coil, controller, bowl, carb cap, etc.) can be sourced elsewhere so I will be able to enjoy the FP the way I like it, no matter what NV decides to do in the future.

Last edited:
Top Bottom