Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Baron23

I suppose I could just post this in a generic concentrates/enail thread, but is it necessary to q-tip after each hit with the SiC nail? How do I go about cleaning it?

I'm also curious about which screens people are using in place of the stock brass one, for flowers.
Q-tip it each and every dab. Do not let the residue burn on.

If you do get it pretty dirty, turn it on to 200F and let it warm up. With q-tip in hand, put a drop or two or water in the insert and then q-tip it out. Even better, put a couple of drops of water and then add one drop of ISO and then swab that out.

Clean it up like new.

Others may say to torch it and burn the stuff off and that does indeed work. I just find the method above to be more decorous. LOL

Actually, this came from CCA710 for the Liger's insert so here it is, verbatim:

Easiest and Most Efficient Way to Clean all Inserts:
  1. Find/Buy 2 eye-drop containers, fill 1 with distilled water & the other with 91%+ ISO
  2. With all your equipment installed (like you would have it if you were taking a dab), turn your E-nail down to 225° F
  3. Grab a stack of Q-Tips! You will need them handy for the next step
  4. Once the E-nail is at 225°, take your Distilled water dropper & carefully apply 1 drop at a time directly into the insert (Be-careful! It likes to quickly overfill!) {USE Q-TIPS IN CASE OF OVERFLOW}
  5. Once the water is almost finished boiling inside the insert, apply a single drop of ISO into the insert
  6. Scrub clean with your Q-tip before the ISO evaporates
  7. Repeat steps 4 – 6 as necessary. (I usually repeat it 2 or 3 times)
  8. Enjoy your perfectly clean surface!

Flowers at around 640f and Carb capped it, got around 5 really nice hits.

May I ask, please, how big the load was that gave you five good draws?

Also, any comparative views on the shower head vs the regular head for herb?

Last edited:

dontmindme

Ever heard of booty dart tech? You buy one of those air-tite glass syringes from zoro.com and just vacuum the reclaim...

i wouldnt reuse it unless its derived from a solventless method tho.

Justpassedu

Thanks, friend. What do you estimate the full load is in grams?
I'll have to weigh it out for you later to let you know , not to sure but not much is needed. As for any comparisons i don't think it would be fair until i use both back to back a few more times , luckily i have 2 enails so i can set both up at the same time. I'll be using everything over the weekend so i can come back with some results next week. So far , both work amazingly well as you can see from both videos i had posted w/flower only. Huge dense clouds in seconds at 640F , i believe i can take it even lower now and have great results with this new coil cover helping to hold the heat in so well.

Baron23

I'll have to weigh it out for you later to let you know , not to sure but not much is needed. As for any comparisons i don't think it would be fair until i use both back to back a few more times , luckily i have 2 enails so i can set both up at the same time. I'll be using everything over the weekend so i can come back with some results next week. So far , both work amazingly well as you can see from both videos i had posted w/flower only. Huge dense clouds in seconds at 640F , i believe i can take it even lower now and have great results with this new coil cover helping to hold the heat in so well.
Thanks, man. I will quit breathing down your neck now and look forward to any insights you have after you have been using it for a bit. Have a great day!!

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
D-nailed it! That expensive little halo hellion is on it's way. It's titanium friend is currently here among others [more on this later ;) heheheh] waiting with bells on.

I also ordered from Errlectric and purchased their titanium screens. Admittedly I think they're damn cool even if it's just a screen. I mean the double mesh and weave looks tight! I see very little making it through these screens. Well, besides that sweet, sweet lovely vapor that is. :tup:

I also ordered some of NewVapes screens to compare against the Ti ones and for backup. I'm curious as to the quality of the stainless steel screens NewVape uses. What's the grade on them?

I was blown away by how fast both d-nail and errlectric shipped out my orders. Placed them at around 12:30a.m. this morning and I've already got tracking numbers from both. Cheah!:rockon:

I'm just waiting on NV to get my other goodies sent out so I'm finally able to pot some damn flowers in the garden which is my lungs! :ko:

Haha.... the wait is fucking almost unbearable at this point. Me just wants to play with you others already. Can I Please! I'm starting to feel like the kid that gets picked last for a dodge-ball team. :ugh: lol.

Anyways.....I'm going back to molest and swoon over my other recent NV acquisitions! Again more on this after making a few notes. :peace: and :cheers: ya crazy kids!

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
D-nailed it! That expensive little halo hellion is on it's way. It's titanium friend is currently here among others [more on this later ;) heheheh] waiting with bells on.

I also ordered from Errlectric and purchased their titanium screens. Admittedly I think they're damn cool even if it's just a screen. I mean the double mesh and weave looks tight! I see very little making it through these screens. Well, besides that sweet, sweet lovely vapor that is. :tup:

I also ordered some of NewVapes screens to compare against the Ti ones and for backup. I'm curious as to the quality of the stainless steel screens NewVape uses. What's the grade on them?

I was blown away by how fast both d-nail and errlectric shipped out my orders. Placed them at around 12:30a.m. this morning and I've already got tracking numbers from both. Cheah!:rockon:

I'm just waiting on NV to get my other goodies sent out so I'm finally able to pot some damn flowers in the garden which is my lungs! :ko:

Haha.... the wait is fucking almost unbearable at this point. Me just wants to play with you others already. Can I Please! I'm starting to feel like the kid that gets picked last for a dodge-ball team. :ugh: lol.

Anyways.....I'm going back to molest and swoon over my other recent NV acquisitions! Again more on this after making a few notes. :peace: and :cheers: ya crazy kids!

Yeah, thats a SCREEN alright. I can see it clogging easily but should stand up to many a torching to get it clean :)

Anyone know a UK stockist of those screens or something similar?

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Oh man I'd love to do a literal side-by-side with them. Hit one and then the other. Then do it again and again and again...

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
Yeah, thats a SCREEN alright. I can see it clogging easily but should stand up to many a torching to get it clean :)

Anyone know a UK stockist of those screens or something similar?

Ahhh you'd be mistaken with me on that sir. I'm a very clean and orderly person when it comes to my effects.

I'm also former military and that just compounded my already clean freakish ways. I run a very tight vape-ship my friend.

If things even hint at deviation, degradation or dirty it's immediately dealt with extreme prejudice. :borg:

By doing this it makes for far less cleaning and work down the road and keeps those rips at their optimum and desired levels.

Justpassedu

Oh man I'd love to do a literal side-by-side with them. Hit one and then the other. Then do it again and again and again...
I would do that since i have 2 enail's but my only problem is i only have one coil cover and i feel it really helps allot with the sessions now after using it and really keeps the heat in so much better than having a open coil.

@ichibaneye i'm excited for you man , you are gonna be loving everything when you get it set up. Can't wait to here your thoughts buddy.

Chicken #420

I and I be Irie Vaping with U and U in Zion, mon!
Hello again!

I have a few questions for Edwyn at Newvape:

1 - Does the Flower Pot "Shower Head" require a larger carb cap? If so, when will the new carb cap become available?
2 - I have a FlowerPot "Classic" without the new wrap-around design. Will the coil cover work with my FP, or do I need to purchase a wrap-around FP to use the coil cover?
3 - When, if ever, will the Sapphire washer insert be available for the new Shower Head? If it is not going to become available, what size center hole Sapphire insert do we need to source elsewhere for it to work?
4 - If I buy a wrap-around design head, will my old FP nut work, or do I need a new and different nut for the wrap-around head?
5 - If I'm doing roughly 60%/40% flowers/concentrates, which of the two setups (Flower Pot Wraparound, or Shower Head) do you recommend?

These questions are currently keeping me from buying... please answer them the best you can so I can make some purchase decisions.

Thank you!

Justpassedu

Hello again!

1 - Does the Flower Pot "Shower Head" require a larger carb cap? If so, when will the new carb cap become available?
2 - I have a FlowerPot "Classic" without the new wrap-around design. Will the coil cover work with my FP, or do I need to purchase a wrap-around FP to use the coil cover?
3 - When, if ever, will the Sapphire washer insert be available for the new Shower Head? If it is not going to become available, what size center hole Sapphire insert do we need to source elsewhere for it to work?
4 - If I buy a wrap-around design head, will my old FP nut work, or do I need a new and different nut for the wrap-around head?
5 - If I'm doing roughly 60%/40% flowers/concentrates, which of the two setups (Flower Pot Wraparound, or Shower Head) do you recommend?

These questions are currently keeping me from buying... please answer them the best you can so I can make some purchase decisions.

Thank you!
1- Yes & unsure on the eta of the carb cap.
2- Yes coil cover will work
3-?
4-Yes it will work
5-To soon to tell , the shower head literally just came out. You'd be fine with either setup for both but the owner did state that the Shower head was more suited for flowers and can do both so maybe you'd want to go with the Shower Head.

Hope i could help and i am sure whatever setup you choose you will be very happy , they both work really well and i honestly wouldn't mind if the 1st design was the only one i had it works so well. Its just really nice to keep getting adding options. As for what you mostly listed , all these parts just dropped a few days ago on NV's site so it is going to be hard for anyone to answer your questions honestly as always some time is really needed with new parts to make a good conclusion.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Ahhh you'd be mistaken with me on that sir. I'm a very clean and orderly person when it comes to my effects.

I'm also former military and that just compounded my already clean freakish ways. I run a very tight vape-ship my friend.

If things even hint at deviation, degradation or dirty it's immediately dealt with extreme prejudice. :borg:

By doing this it makes for far less cleaning and work down the road and keeps those rips at their optimum and desired levels.

Maybe I was talking about me? :)

morvis

Ok I spent some time doing some testing and such with different setups and I think I found my sweet spot with what I've got and my intent of use.

My first issue was with the screen sitting at the bottom, it seemed like as I drew air through it may have been having turbulence because my herb flakes were scattered a bit and it didn't seem to vaporize really worth a dam unless I put more in there and my goal is getting the most from the least amount possible to be used. So after work I went screen hunting. Our local old school headshop was the only one that deviated from the standard basic metal/glass screen selection. I found these, they sold for 2 for a buck.
sW8UFn6.jpg

They are basically a capped dome shape. Perfect size to bring the bottom up
eFfIv3K.jpg

I'm sure it would be fine as is but my finish grinder gets it real fine i was afraid emptying it may be a chore so I stuck a screen on the top of that and placed a scoop.

FBzrEZD.jpg

Sorry the flash washes it out a bit but that's simply a slightly bent upward screen with a small scoop of herb.

I was running a bit high... about 725ish and it made the very center a bit darker than my liking with just a bit of color fade but it wasn't too bad. Got a nice thick cloud from that, though. And a real nice little buzz considering the amount of herb used.

The wife tried after to verify and agrees this setup is the best so far.

I really reeeeally like this product, though. I feel so much more in control over my consumption.

I just got 4 tasty pulls off a scoop a little less than half that size^^, runnin 640 on the unit, lolli on.

this is fun. hah.

Last edited by a moderator:

Likes2vape

I decided to try the coil cover around the original 16mm center post flower pot with my d-nail sic dish on top. At first I tried with the coil normal like in the pic below

AsaQ71A.jpg

I didn't like the way the cover was hitting the handle and the dish didn't seem to be as hot normal. So I decided to turn the coil upside down with the handle at the bottom.

JD4mSIA.jpg

This way worked much better!! The coil makes good contact with the dish now and 720 with the cover feels like 745 without the cover. I did have to bend the handle on th enail downwards but it wasnt hard to do by hand.

The bottom of the dish seems to have a more even temperature when dabbing now. The coil hardly changes temperature once everything is up to temp. The cover adds a little bit of weight to the head unit but it's not bad.

lazylathe

Almost there...
@morvis

Not sure what is going on with your setup but it is definitely not supposed to work like that.
You could possibly have a bad coil or controller that is not reading temps correctly.

Also try an EQ basket at the bottom of the bowl.

I run my FP with a cheap China enail controller, a NewVape 16mm coil and an old style bowl.
My temp is 680F and my herb comes out perfectly even and any shade of brown i desire.

Give us some more info on your whole setup, something is wrong.

Watch this video i took, check my setup and how i use to carb and see the vapor.
This was a basic hit that everyone should be able to replicate!
0,02g was used in this hit...
EQ basket in the bottom of the bowl, further down from the original screen.

morvis

Ok yep nothing like that.

It does feel a bit more labored to use than what I see in videos, that's for sure. Are there anything in the 'set' button that could jack with things? The first time my wife had a moment alone, she started pushing buttons and thought 'set' was to set the temp. O.o Maybe something was thrown off?

Those baskets are what I was looking for. I guess I can only find them online.

I'm using newvape gold box with 20mm coil.

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
Hello again!

Thank you!

Thank you @Justpassedu those answers are spot on.

Here's the sketch of the washer needed for the showerhead. I can adjust the titanium to fit an off the shelf washer that you may find. I'm flexible on the thickness. I was hoping for some suggestions. In the end I'd like to have sic, quartz, and sapphire. Thru holes to allow the washer to easily push out has also been suggested.

I prefer the free flow of the showerhead but I'm 80(flower)/20(rosin) so the titanium works for me.

The material for the new carbcap (showercap) has been ordered and they should appear on the site next week.

My suggestion is to always make your purchase based around what our products do today. If sic or quartz is what you want today I'd suggest the wrap-around 20mm combo.
showerhead_washer1.jpg

Grifo

Right now my biggest annoyance is having to use a large stainless steel washer
to avoid spreading my coils and how hot the handle on the bowl and loli cap get. It wasnt a problem with the quart dish but with the SIC dish the cap gets hot so much faster.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I can tell you this though, with it reading 400 my IR gun fluxuates from 252 - 255f on the outside of the coils
Careful with the IR gun. My IR gun was off by up to 100 degrees sometimes when I tried to use it on my sic dish, not sure if I tried it on the coil. I needed to get a thermometer with a thermocouple that could handle up to 1000 degrees fahrenheit. My first thermocouple was only rated for 400 degrees farenheit and it measured about 50 degrees too high I eventually found out.

Top Bottom