Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Pestered the life out of Chris at Newvape adding bits to my order (This man has been so patient with me) And I've had a good go at vapefiends inventory.

Yeah. They are awesome. I think I emailed to change something about my order at least four or five times. I was adding to the bill almost every time, so there's that...but they were still awesome, and catered to my every request. Newvape has been fantastic to me so far!

Junksmith

i have one quick question tho, to save some money i ordered the heatpost without the base, in hindsight i regret this. I thought i could make my own base, but the threads is US standard i guess. Do any of you know the size?

sjalg

sjalg,

i used a 1/4-20 UNC tap and just made threads in a wooden base for my heat post. Here's a link to a tap specifically to that size.
This link may help you find something non-US. it doesnt have to be exact

5.10540.2010071⁄4-200.25700 in0.26600 in72

Skjalg

Thank you So much for taking the time and for the advise, i ended up drilling a 6mm Hole thru a metal base i had laying around (for a old project). I superglued the heatpost in and it’s holding up so far..👍🏻 I have to read up on how to post pictures so i can Get a verdict✌🏻..

As for the WE, i love it! the material and the machining/fit and finish is of Very high quality.

.. i have been reading about carbcaps for the WE, i got curious what this Would add to the experience but i diden’t order a cap, so i had to hold the newvape grinderlid over the head (that way i could "Regulate" the resistance) Maybe i’ll look info ordering a carbcap down the line, but i need to experiment more with the grinderlid-method first.

Broke my newvape sidecar on wedensday morning, went straigt online and ordered a new glass piece, hopefully it’s arriving tomorrow. (Ordered "locally, not newvape this time, it not that there is anything wrong with newvape or their products, i would happily order from them, but due to Covid-19 it takes to long, can’t wait another month for this.)

now i am looking for my next glass purchase, two is one.. one is none!
Any recommendations?

Sjalg,

Skjalg

Here is my take on the heatstand for those who are interested.

i do leatherwork as a hobby, so i glued a piece of leather on top of the steel base to match my accessory trays you can see in the background... Working on some leather "bumpers" to add on my grinder atm.. and maybe wrap the WE handle in leather aswell..... when will this stop...?😂

That grav Upline glass looks really good, maybe next 420-sale✌🏻

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 82
Last edited:

Zoltani

Nice looking stand!

I'd love to have a nicer stand if I ever find a more permanent place for the FP. Right now it's moving all around the house with me. The auber cover stand might be right for me.

Speaking of auber, does someone have a breakdown of how to set the boost temps and auto shutoff time? I can change the mode to b-1, b-2 etc, but cannot figure out how to change temp. All boost modes are set to 300 and boost at 550.

Zoltani,
Reactions: EmDeemo

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Nice looking stand!

I'd love to have a nicer stand if I ever find a more permanent place for the FP. Right now it's moving all around the house with me. The auber cover stand might be right for me.

Speaking of auber, does someone have a breakdown of how to set the boost temps and auto shutoff time? I can change the mode to b-1, b-2 etc, but cannot figure out how to change temp. All boost modes are set to 300 and boost at 550.

Yeah, this took me a while to figure out. In fact, I didnt figure it out, I RTFM :)

Hold down the button till the display changes, scroll the dial to 122 and press the button again. You will be in the menu for setting boost temps. Long press on the button to exit.

Full instructions here - https://auberins.com/images/Manual/RDK-300B_supplementary.pdf

Last edited:
EmDeemo,
Reactions: Summer

thevapist

Is it possible to use this boost mode to skip heat soaking from a cold start? Can it get hot quickly and maintain that while taking a draw? Or do you leave it like 100-300f and boost from there? Is a little heat-soak required no matter what?

thevapist,
Reactions: EmDeemo

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Heat soak requires time no matter how many buttons you have.

I agree, and here's a random wake & bake analogy.

I frequently cook with cast iron. A properly heat saturated cast iron pan will be so hot you can't even touch the handle. BUT, if I try to rush the heatup, I can set the burner so high that the bottom of the pan will be smoking while the rest of the pan is still relatively cool and touchable. This gives the illusion of a heat soak, but in usage does not perform the same when it comes time to sear something.

So a proper heat soak is useful! A 5 minute warmup with the FP always worked well for me, though realistically mine were usually on all day lol.

thevapist

Heat soak requires time no matter how many buttons you have.

It wouldn't be if enough heat was produced by the coil itself to offset the drag. That's what I was asking. Don't see the point of a boost mode if this isn't the case. Just leave it on 24/7 like a baller.

I know how you old heads are, though ;)

EDIT: I had a box/whip vape years ago for instance with a big ceramic heating element. Would get hot instantly and you could take hits very quickly. When you have a giant blob of metal around that heating element the story is different. NV should look into a more light weight head that is basically a covered coil to direct hot air. Then you grandpas who turn your stuff off every hit can live a little easier :)

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
It wouldn't be if enough heat was produced by the coil itself to offset the drag. That's what I was asking. Don't see the point of a boost mode if this isn't the case. Just leave it on 24/7 like a baller.

Because once the head is hot, heating it up another 50 degrees or more takes no time at all. The heatsoak is already done, turning the heat up at that point is VERY reactive very quickly. Meaning a temp step from say 550 to 630 is pretty damn quick.

EDIT: Tho to be clear, I asked Auber to implement boost mode for dabbing rather than with flower, but from having used the FP from version 1, and having done exactly this kinda temp stepping with a vapecode controller (the standard nv one), I know it'll work.

Last edited:
EmDeemo,
Reactions: YaMon

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...

I know how you old heads are, though ;)

EDIT: I had a box/whip vape years ago for instance with a big ceramic heating element. Would get hot instantly and you could take hits very quickly. When you have a giant blob of metal around that heating element the story is different. NV should look into a more light weight head that is basically a covered coil to direct hot air. Then you grandpas who turn your stuff off every hit can live a little easier :)

While “grampas” don’t turn it on and off for every dab, grampas being retired have no issues with waiting 10 minutes for a heat soak. And being old and wise, grandpas know that besides avoiding any potential fire hazards leaving a hot coil on 24/7, turning the unit off when not in use saves the life of the coil. :)

Zoltani

The weedeater is ready to go in 5 minutes. I think that's pretty fast, my original solo took about that long.

Glad I went for the FP over the cloud evo. I think for my use the evo would be awkward to use. I like picking up a piece of glass and placing the FP on like a lighter, just feels right. The shovelhead bowl is so easy to load, stir, empty, and clean. I think the evo would be more akward to load and wouldn't be as easy as dumping some ground material in from a jyarz classic.

I've settled on the devil's number, 666, and I like it. If you're gonna smoke the devil's lettuce...

I think in the end with the weedeater it doesnt matter what temp you chose, it really comes down to draw speed. I like a faster speed at first to get all the tasty terpenes.

This zamaldelica x kali china tastes like berry muffins with hash undertones. And the Nepalese jam I've got tastes like straight honey, carmel and carrots. What kind of flowers are ya'll putting?

slipknotvss

I've settled on the devil's number, 666, and I like it. If you're gonna smoke the devil's lettuce...
The lucky number :evil:. The weedeater has been amazing. I have been putting a litte bit of crumble on top of the weedeater. Holy shit! The flavor was absolutely insane. It felt like my mouth ate 1,000 starburst. It might not be the most efficient way to dab, but it works.

Top Bottom