Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Junksmith

Here is my take on the heatstand for those who are interested.

i do leatherwork as a hobby, so i glued a piece of leather on top of the steel base to match my accessory trays you can see in the background... Working on some leather "bumpers" to add on my grinder atm.. and maybe wrap the WE handle in leather aswell..... when will this stop...?😂
that looks great sjalg! im about to make a wooden base for my stuff as well, and was about to order some stuff to do some leathercraft!
EDIT: Tho to be clear, I asked Auber to implement boost mode for dabbing rather than with flower, but from having used the FP from version 1, and having done exactly this kinda temp stepping with a vapecode controller (the standard nv one), I know it'll work.

what temps do you use for boosting when you dab?

Junksmith,
Reactions: Skjalg

slipknotvss

Is it possible to transfer the Weedeater to a Vrod? That will be cool. I am thinking about updating my e-nail controller to an Auber 2nd generation. The Highfive e-nail controller is just too bright to my licking. Of course, I am going need some new coils. I am thinking about just buying the Newvape coils and be done with it, but some say 710 is better:shrug:.

SatanLovestoVape,

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Not a hundred percent sure I'm remembering correctly but at one time you could buy a nut that would turn a v rod into a Weedeater but I never heard of doing it the other way round

Bad Dog,

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
Is it possible to transfer the Weedeater to a Vrod? That will be cool. I am thinking about updating my e-nail controller to an Auber 2nd generation. The Highfive e-nail controller is just too bright to my licking. Of course, I am going need some new coils. I am thinking about just buying the Newvape coils and be done with it, but some say 710 is better:shrug:.
There are a few parts you would need but really they are different - even the bottom diffuser - but you can get a plug to fill the center hole. Going from WE to VRod you would also want to make sure your coil is compatible with the VRod head you get. They are directional to coincide with coil wrap direction. These diagrams are worth 1K words...
WE diagram
VRod diagram

Zoltani

Having some issues with my auber controller. I moved it from one room to a other, and when I turned it back on the coil temp read 999. I put it in standby mode and it cooled down to 120, I turned back on and it instantly said coil was over 400, but the coil is cool to the touch. Did some calibration get out of whack or something?

Still “heating” over set temp.

Attachments

• 20200612_214423.jpg
    20200612_214423.jpg
    399.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Zoltani,

Baron23

Having some issues with my auber controller. I moved it from one room to a other, and when I turned it back on the coil temp read 999. I put it in standby mode and it cooled down to 120, I turned back on and it instantly said coil was over 400, but the coil is cool to the touch. Did some calibration get out of whack or something?

IMO, most likely a bad coil....a bad thermocouple in the coil.

Do you have another coil to try?

Baron23,
Reactions: Zoltani

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE

Shoot Auber an email, they're usually pretty quick to respond, within a day or two.

EmDeemo,

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
It all depends on the coil, but mostly any 20mm barrel coil will fit a WeedEater.
If you already own a VROD, that coil will most likely fit a WeedEater. No matter if it’s from NV or any other brand.
And if you already own a VROD, you can opt to just buy the WeedEater top nut, and you’ll have a totally compatible swappable 2 vapes in 1 coil.
You can go from WeedEater to VROD too, but not all coils will work for that choice.
Check this video I made.
I have my new Gen VROD head soaking, it’s pretty dirty. It’ll fit even better.
Stay vaped!!!
Mantente de la mente!!!

Swapping FP Heads!!!

There are a few parts you would need but really they are different - even the bottom diffuser - but you can get a plug to fill the center hole. Going from WE to VRod you would also want to make sure your coil is compatible with the VRod head you get. They are directional to coincide with coil wrap direction. These diagrams are worth 1K words...
WE diagram
VRod diagram

Bottom part or diffuser of VROD and WeedEater, are the same exact piece. I can swap between the 3 bottoms between the 2x VROD and 1x WeedEater heads I own.
I believe they discontinued the old 20 holes bottom diffuser because people complained about a lighter ABV ring.

Zoltani

I'm new to the whole coil enail thing and not sure which coil to get if ordering 3rd party. Coils appear to be sold out on NV. 710coils 20mm out of stock too, but that one says 150w, which seems too high? Any recommendation for a coil?

It's torture not being able to use this after a couple weeks with it

Zoltani,

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
@Chris_NV any word on when your expecting those new style glass bowls? Looking to put a order together for myself and a buddy, we both want glass bowls and a ton of screens and I want a backup NV coil for my Weedeater. The new glass bowls are holding up the order, any ruff estimate would be appreciated

Bad Dog,

Baron23

I'm new to the whole coil enail thing and not sure which coil to get if ordering 3rd party. Coils appear to be sold out on NV. 710coils 20mm out of stock too, but that one says 150w, which seems too high? Any recommendation for a coil?

It's torture not being able to use this after a couple weeks with it
Ok, let's talk coils. Do you know that these "hot runner" type coils contain a thermocouple in the end of the coil that sends a voltage back to the controller telling it what temp it is at and the controller responds to achieve/maintain temp on this basis.

I suspect you have a bad TC in your coil. It may be the Auber RDK-300, but I doubt it.

I haven't searched all over to see if you already mentioned it, but who did you get the coil from? And in your pic, this looks like a Weedeater so it doesn't have the specific coil requirements of the VROD. I believe that almost any 20mm coil will work fine if its a WE you have.

Auber coils are just fine and if you bought the coil from them with the RDK, just contact their tech support (they actually have a phone number with people in Georgia, USA answering) and they will send you another.

I have had D-Nail TC be bad and I have had one of 710coils TC go bad (in that case, the coil heated to red hot as the controller thought it was still not up to temp and just kept pumping out current). It happens.

As for 710coils, they are 150 watt capable which really kind of means that they are kind of beefy compared to some others and it will work fine with your Auber. But you def need the 20mm 110V coil and NOT the 220V Euro coil.

Hope this is helpful.

Zoltani

Thanks for the education. I suspect that you may be right since the coil temp reading is what is off. When I turn on cold it reads 78 then rapidly heats up, way faster than normal, passing my set temp, but coil remains cool to touch.

I ordered the coil from vgoodiez. I've contacted them as well auber. In the meantime I need a coil so I can get this working again. I'm calling around to see if I can find one locally, otherwise I will order online.

Zoltani,
Reactions: Baron23

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Thanks for the education. I suspect that you may be right since the coil temp reading is what is off. When I turn on cold it reads 78 then rapidly heats up, way faster than normal, passing my set temp, but coil remains cool to touch.

I ordered the coil from vgoodiez. I've contacted them as well auber. In the meantime I need a coil so I can get this working again. I'm calling around to see if I can find one locally, otherwise I will order online.
If purchased from @VGoodiez and you reached out to them, I suspect they will respond in about the same time if not faster than ordering new, their customer service is outstanding!!

Zoltani

You are correct! They got back to me and said may be an issue with the auber firmware and are looking into it. I like the dynavap and all but after using the weedeater it's just not as satisfying. Can't wait to get it back up and running.

Chris_CH

Company Rep
Company Rep
I believe they are in transit. Frankly, i think they were supposed to be in already. Hopefully this week!

@Chris_NV any word on when your expecting those new style glass bowls? Looking to put a order together for myself and a buddy, we both want glass bowls and a ton of screens and I want a backup NV coil for my Weedeater. The new glass bowls are holding up the order, any ruff estimate would be appreciated

Awesome, thanks for reaching out. I'll get you sorted out in the next few days. Thanks for the patience!

You are correct! They got back to me and said may be an issue with the auber firmware and are looking into it. I like the dynavap and all but after using the weedeater it's just not as satisfying. Can't wait to get it back up and running.

Chris_CH,
Reactions: VGOODIEZ

Baron23

I love Scott and vgoodez but I really don’t understand that reply.
Auber controllers work fine right out of the box.
I’m sure they will get you squared away.

Baron23,
Reactions: YaMon

Baron23

they had a firmware update lately, everyone can blame me :)
Well, yes...I was aware of your advocacy of a boost mode and that Auber incorporated it. :tup:

But how would that result in a cold coil and the Auber showing very high temps?

And has anyone else recently bought an Auber, and hence have the revised firmware, and has had their rig show the same symptoms?

I’m just guessing but if the coil reports something like 900F with a lower set point, then the controller would shut off current and the result would be a cold coil.

I do think it’s more common for the TC to fail open, the controller to interpret this as being too cold and cranking out current, and the coil to be screaming hot. I have had a coil fail that way. Auber showed around 178F but the coil was red hot.

I guess we will see when the member gets another coil to try. Fault isolation by replacement does indeed work.

Cheers

Junksmith

Have you checked the parameter settings within the Auber? Here's a link to Auber's supplementary manual. It's for the 300B but you can just disregard the boost settings. It'd be worth at least looking to see if they are somehow different than the default values.

Junksmith,
Reactions: Ramahs

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Well, yes...I was aware of your advocacy of a boost mode and that Auber incorporated it. :tup:

But how would that result in a cold coil and the Auber showing very high temps?

Absolutely no idea, but I guess I assume that its safe to assume that if the software goes up shit creek, the display could say anything and the device might not send power out, doesnt seem like an outrageous a notion. But its no help for diagnosing the issue, me guessing like that.

I have no idea how the internals work either, so it really is just a guess Im pulling out my arse :)

EmDeemo,
Top Bottom