Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Alexis

@biohacker big thanks to you for gracing us with your thoughts and feelings to help light up this monday morning/afternoon for me as I face a new day! Don't ever feel like you aren't needed around here cos I miss your bouyant jovial morning posts and they always give me a kick of enthusias at the start of a new day.:tup:

I have repeatedly cheated on my (supposed) 30 day vapor break and vaped maybe 9 days.
Gave up on edibles at last (for now), but none of my vapes make me want to use them. Omnivap yesterday, and oh, the draw restriction and hard work loading, heating (guessing!), sucking hard etc....

Just wears me out to catch a buzz, and the vapcap vapor is too inregulated and not the most healthy to me in total truth.

No sight or sound here either from Errlectric. I also thought it was a bit strange, no email etc.
Maybe you can call them? Hope they come through for all of us.:nod:

So glad to hear you are STILL very much enjoying the Flowerpot, and can't wait to see your post in the Supreme thread now in possible relation to above comments!

Have a good monday everybody. On with my usual routine now, just 5 or 6 days left of current medicine course and then massive relief and freedom after putting in maximum hard work and suffering, will be so worth it (already is just gotta keep going to the end.)

Expect some announcements to come this week, have been very busy away from the limelight figuring out details. My focus has been 75% on my health and symptoms, and the other 25% on the Flowerpot.

Soon to be the other way round! Only one reservation for me- I am the only one here who has to even anticipate possibly not being able to tolerate the Flowerpot for unusual reasons.
It would be a tough pill to swallow. Before I was actively considering this vape I really wanted to be a part of this thread and Flowerpot community and have the awsome privilege of becoming a Newvape "customer"!

I am ALREADY a fan boy! And I admit it freely, since maybe 40 pages ago!:rockon:

Last edited:

biohacker

Maybe you can call them?

If it doesn't arrive in today's mail, I will and report back.

So glad to hear you are STILL very much enjoying the Flowerpot, and can't wait to see your post in the Supreme thread now in possible relation to above comments!

Someone recently mentioned that the SV3 is the perfect companion vape for the FP. I agree. Both are my two ALL TIME favourites. I do prefer double decker's with the SV3, but i've never been much of a "dabber" to begin with. I just use rosin from time to time, and much prefer the convection double decker.

I am the only one here who has to even anticipate possibly not being able to tolerate the Flowerpot for unusual reasons.

What unusual reasons do you anticipate? The Ti? Just curious, because if this vape doesn't work for you, i'm unsure that ANY vape will?

Alexis

I dont pretend to understand what causes my varying respiratory reactions to different vaporizers. They are just all different in some way or other. It isn't that I am actuallt anticipating anything as such, but I cant just presume that there will be no issue until I try, based partly on my initial problems with the very similar Herbo Ti.

I not suggesting that there are any material/allergy/safety concerns, it may just be the full spectrum, concentrated vapor and quick, compact extraction that causes me issues.

Not meaning to cast to cast any shadows, just can't jump for joy or show as much excitement yet as I would like to, which is hard for me!

All I can do is keep trying the best vaporizers out there one at a time. Big fingers crossed for this one, but I am determined to keep it whatever for when I surely get some marked improvement with allergies and health all around.:D

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I dont pretend to understand what causes my varying respiratory reactions to different vaporizers. They are just all different in some way or other. It isn't that I am actuallt anticipating anything as such, but I cant just presume that there will be no issue until I try, based partly on my initial problems with the very similar Herbo Ti.

I not suggesting that there are any material/allergy/safety concerns, it may just be the full spectrum, concentrated vapor and quick, compact extraction that causes me issues.

Not meaning to cast to cast any shadows, just can't jump for joy or show as much excitement yet as I would like to, which is hard for me!

All I can do is keep trying the best vaporizers out there one at a time. Big fingers crossed for this one, but I am determined to keep it whatever for when I surely get some marked improvement with allergies and health all around.:D

Have you seen the Mobius Flowerpot? Probably the cleanest vaporizer design I've seen, been curious about that one for a while. Definitely a much more involved usage process than the Newvape Flowerpot though.

Any ideas why your titanium omnivap doesn't bother you like your Herborizer Ti did?

biohacker

As much as I prefer the Metric system, I don't think i'll be using celcius for the PID. I'm just too used to F for pids I guess now....and 376.667 just ain't the same as 710! :lol: It's nice not having to move the numbers around as much, but I reverted back to F within 5 minutes. Creature of habit I suppose, but F seems somewhat more accurate?

Have you seen the Mobius Flowerpot?

An imposter FP?! :rofl:

Square4Life

Thanks for the 'SET' info regarding the controller! Good thing I didn't start messing with it. Doesn't appear like I have anything there I need to mess with.

Hate to be that guy although I ordered screens from Errlectric the day I ordered the FP (last monday) and received both on Friday. I'd call Errlectric to get a status update. Granted, I'm in the states...

biohacker

Hate to be that guy although I ordered screens from Errlectric the day I ordered the FP (last monday) and received both on Friday. I'd call Errlectric to get a status update. Granted, I'm in the states...

Yeah we're referring the orders placed on the Errlectric Canada site. I assume you ordered from errlectric.COM? Or did you order from errlectriccanada.com to get the free shipping?

biohacker

Sorry:ugh::doh: yeah I was on the .com site. My bad....

No need my friend, just wanted to clarify. How do you like the errlectric screens? I know you love the FP so welcome to the circus! I liked your post about putting the parts together, I too notice that there isn't a "flush" fit on the bottom, but I did my best to snug it all up. I had to tighten it pretty much as hard as I could, because when I didn't, the parts would start to get loose with time.

Alexis

Have you seen the Mobius Flowerpot? Probably the cleanest vaporizer design I've seen, been curious about that one for a while. Definitely a much more involved usage process than the Newvape Flowerpot though.

Any ideas why your titanium omnivap doesn't bother you like your Herborizer Ti did?
That is a very good question which I have considered. The strange thing with the Ti is I noticed the vapor had a very particular, distinctive taste and odor to the abv- quite unusual.

I wonder if the biggest factor is the heat? The Omnivap never feels like a radiator, even though by its design it kinda scorches and abuses the herbs a bit, you can practically touch it any time except in between clicks.

The Ti pours off high heat and could heat a room if it was 100 times the size. But there are probably other factors involved too. I am certainly not reacting to materials with the Omnivap, nor the Herbo Ti I'm sure.

Essentially, I am still allergic to cannabis itself, but not a true allergy, just a caveat of my mis-functioning immune system misbehaving with harmless, and usually very beneficial, natural substances.

This is what I am trying to change by first finally clearing all infections, in particular from my lungs, and then things can begin to harmonise and calm down.

This is the plan, in the meantime I need as much motivation, incentive, fun and excitement to keep me sane and going as I can get.:nod:
Hence, my latest, and greatest adventure :cool:, despite the possible complications and roadblocks.

Ironically, despite having (or choosing rather) to suffer more with respiratory reactions to vaporize, overall cannabis greatly benefits my health, which is very good in a lot of ways. I am certain that I would be more genuinely ill/diseased had I not been using weed throughout my Lyme Disease.

Thanks again for the insight and openess you always show @invertedisdead , always appreciated and welcome.:tup:

Last edited:

Square4Life

No need my friend, just wanted to clarify. How do you like the errlectric screens? I know you love the FP so welcome to the circus! I liked your post about putting the parts together, I too notice that there isn't a "flush" fit on the bottom, but I did my best to snug it all up. I had to tighten it pretty much as hard as I could, because when I didn't, the parts would start to get loose with time.

Yeah I also noticed the tightening issues but, I've put it back the 'correct' way. (thanks though, thought my post got lost in the mix lol)

I should've taken a picture although I cleaned my glass before the first FP use and used it Friday night some and Saturday night some with the supplied titanium screen. Sunday morning I was going to swap out the water although I couldn't stand how dirty the rest of it looked, especially the 18mm Male on the piece itself. Was covered in scooby snacks and junk. So, I cleaned it all up and used the Errlectric screens all yesterday. While it still has the reclaim build-up (naturally), the scooby snacks are pretty much completely non-existent. I regret not buying more of them, especially considering the shipping costs. I just didn't want to spend that much on a screen that I didn't think was worth it. Yeah...I was wrong lol

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
I'm just going through it myself. I set my temp to 650, and then pressed and held the > for a few seconds and you will notice it start to blink rapidly. It then starts to bounce temps around, and that's where i'm at now watching and waiting for it to finish.

Are those instructions for calibration the same ones that @NewVape710 posted re: "autotune" ?

yes same auto tune instructions. the programming manual can always be found within the attachment tab of our site. https://www.newvape.com/single-enail-controller

PDF MANUAL

I've had varying results for this autotune process. Which is why I've avoided the conversation. Preforming AT multiple times over several days has a shown improved results. At the end of the day this Auto Tune has NO affect on the functionally of the controller and flowerpot. The AT theory (as I understand it) is modifying the algorithm that controls the heat up logic. Manually adjusting this is also possible with the aid of the manual and someone a lot smarter than me. Some controllers over shoot when heating up, some controllers don't. They both seem to arrive at the desired flowerpot temp at the same time.

My process is to start with cold assembled flowerpot setting on the stand, I've tried to mimic my normal environment.
1) Leave the coil switch off and set the controller to 650F.
2) Turn on the coil power switch.
3) quickly press and hold the > until the small red light begins flashing quickly, then release.
4) the numbers will dance all around ultimately landing on the 650F target.
when the red light resumes to slow flashing the autotune programming is complete.
Some pid controllers have "out & (AT)" labeled some just have "out" I've been informed by the manufacturer that both have the AT capability.

The other items that can be modified using the set key (and password) are
C/F
240/120
There is a placeholder for setting the exact delta between the actual nail temp and the pid display.
and a bunch more setting that I don't understand.

Please understand that this PID is used in 95% of the enails on the market, and found in different applications like expresso machines.

I hope people understand that Newvape's not going to consider an enail as defective if it overshoots when heating up or doesn't autotune correctly.

As people begin modifying their unique enail parameters our sharing of Flowerpot Temps amongst users days are over. Currently we are all on the same page and all have the same default Chinese Settings.

dadan

....and used it Friday night some and Saturday night some with the supplied titanium screen. Sunday morning I was going to swap out the water although I couldn't stand how dirty the rest of it looked, especially the 18mm Male on the piece itself. Was covered in scooby snacks and junk. So, I cleaned it all up and used the Errlectric screens all yesterday. While it still has the reclaim build-up (naturally), the scooby snacks are pretty much completely non-existent. I regret not buying more of them, especially considering the shipping costs. I just didn't want to spend that much on a screen that I didn't think was worth it. Yeah...I was wrong lol

Brass screens are really too soft and pliable. I absolutely prefer the NV's stainless version. Errletric one's is still not arrived, when I'll complete a new NV order (showercap, with the threaded pax loading tool? @NewVape710) I'll also add some titanium original screen...

Silicon Advisor

Kamikaze in a Hopeless World
Is the auto-tune something that needs to be done once or does it need to be performed each time I use it?

TIA, as I am still in my learning-curve phase with enails and the FP in general.

Silicon Advisor,
Reactions: dadan

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Is the auto-tune something that needs to be done once or does it need to be performed each time I use it?

TIA, as I am still in my learning-curve phase with enails and the FP in general.

The simple answer is that it doesnt need to be done at all. But no, def not every time you use the nail. Maybe once or twice if you notice the coil massively over shooting in temp when it first heats up, but it isnt essential to do.

Silicon Advisor

Kamikaze in a Hopeless World
The simple answer is that it doesnt need to be done at all. But no, def not every time you use the nail. Maybe once or twice if you notice the coil massively over shooting in temp when it first heats up, but it isnt essential to do.

Super, thanks!

BTW, I am LOVING the FPSH capped, @ 610f. It is a truly amazing device.

Alexis

It sounds like it doesn't actually "need" to be done at all, really, in terms of function or use of the Flowerpot and repliicating your usage and experience.

Calibrating the coil/controller to your enviroment, or particular head (showerhead, wrap around etc), this does seem like it could benefit function and performance.

This step may also help with users comparing specific temps, which may be off between units if the coil isn't calibrated to the setup. But I honestly know nothing of these matters, and am always bamboozled by these technical details, especially with my nerve trouble making reading and assimilating basic info difficult at present.

So I might have to embarrass myself when I do finally get the show on the road, with dumbass newbee questions!

I dont think I will be that concerned about the Autotune process, but environment calibration sounds worthwhile.
Brace yourselves Flowerpot helpline(s), I'm a comin' this way real soon! :rockon:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE

How about if you start off on real low temps with very little visible vapour, get those pesky low temp terps and thc molecules vaped off first? Do you notice any difference that way? Obviously, this is just me, but I find if I go straight for full extraction in one go, I'll eventually suffer. Its been the same with nearly all vapes I've owned, but if I temp step, I can have the big clouds once the lower temp stuff has been vaped.

I find the more expectorant qualities of vaping to be gone if I start low and work my way up. Obviously, YMMV, but that was the only way I could tolerate a full bowl with the Volcano.

I dont think I will be that concerned about the Autotune process, but environment calibration sounds worthwhile.

I'm pretty certain the autotuning is just calibrating the coil to the massive chunk of metal its heating and nothing more.

That, and singing a song by Cher.

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
With PM messages is there's no way to forward or delegate FC messages to appropriate personnel.

Please use sales@newvape.com for all newVape communications.
So that means you can't reply to my PM issue and even acknowledge it then? It doesn't seem too impossible, right? I'd appreciate it. TIA

Even in the first 2 emails I sent on Tuesday IIRC, this issue was never even acknowledged..

Buildozer,

Alexis

How about if you start off on real low temps with very little visible vapour, get those pesky low temp terps and thc molecules vaped off first? Do you notice any difference that way? Obviously, this is just me, but I find if I go straight for full extraction in one go, I'll eventually suffer. Its been the same with nearly all vapes I've owned, but if I temp step, I can have the big clouds once the lower temp stuff has been vaped.

I find the more expectorant qualities of vaping to be gone if I start low and work my way up. Obviously, YMMV, but that was the only way I could tolerate a full bowl with the Volcano
Yes this is good thinking that I will go along with, and Im sure this is whatvI should be doing. However my own reactions are largely allergy based, as well as due to very sensitive lungs like your own experiences.
So I cant vape as much or over a stretched out period for "fun's sake", so tp speak, taking and leaving it randomly.

I typically vape for effect, and aim to dose in a fairly short period of time. With low temp vapir the reaction/irritation is less, but I usually get impatient and seeing as I get stung by the allergy factor anyway, I figure why not be blasted.

But the Flowerpot is an exceptional and unique device, and your diligent experimenting @emmdeemo is going to be a valuable resosurce for me to explore different doorways, which Im very excited about. Truly can't thank you enough for pioneering in this direction.:tup:

I intend to try anything and everything at first before focusing on more specific dialing and trials later on. I will have some questions I am sure, and hopefully, something useful to contribute finally myself.

What I need to avoid is long drawn out medicating sessions, but your methods with low temp, capped and preheated seem to allow you to vape big loads quickly, effortlessly and in just a few hits, while achieving your aim at minimising lung irritation, which is very promising.:)

I'm pretty certain the autotuning is just calibrating the coil to the massive chunk of metal its heating and nothing more.

That, and singing a song by Cher.
:lol:
So Im a bit confused now- in my mind I had separated these 2 processes as being different, and somewhat unrelated.
So are you saying that the Autotuning is essentially the same process as calibrating the coil tp your environment/head?

And that even this calibration is not going to make any functional difference to performance once the apparatus has heated up and stabailised?

If this is the case, and calibration isn't going to improve performance except the way the controller gets up to speed, then I shan't concern myself with this calibration step either and save my (already preoccupied brain) the details and effort.

Top Bottom