Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

btka

at the end I got my fp showerhead and I am very happy with it... the free airflow is superior...

now I have to dial in the ideal use for me...

at the moment I am at 707 fahrenheit... and get great results and big clouds... great taste...

BTW do you turn the coil off between sessions, hits ..or do you let it run (lets say at night 5hours or so)...
the coil has a lifespan as I read... so would it better for the lifespan to turn it off between sessions or let it run for 5 hours...

lazylathe

Almost there...
at the end I got my fp showerhead and I am very happy with it... the free airflow is superior...

at the moment I am at 707 fahrenheit... and get great results and big clouds... great taste...

BTW do you turn the coil off between sessions, hits ..or do you let it run (lets say at night 5hours or so)...
the coil has a lifespan as I read... so would it better for the lifespan to turn it off between sessions or let it run for 5 hours...

On weekends i will turn mine on when i wake up and off when i head to bed.
During the week, i will turn it on when i get home and off when i head to bed.
If i am at home, the unit is on and ready to hit.

Maintaining a set temp is easier on a heater than constantly heating up and cooling down.
I would say do whatever works for your situation at hand and medicating needs.

Chicken #420

I and I be Irie Vaping with U and U in Zion, mon!
I try to turn off my FlowerPot overnight... if I'm not too baked and forget.
If it stays on for an extra day or two, I don't worry about it. I'd rather err on the side of caution (avoiding excess coil cycling) than worry about a few extra hours worth of electricity and coil "wear".

The controller is solid-state... I have no worries there.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE

Slightly different take... I have to pre pay for all my electricity so I try not to leave things on much unless I'm using them. I also notice any electricity usage spikes (the volcano for instance, I noticed the power consumption go up, same with using portables and charging batteries, same reasons I was determined to stick with butane vapes). And then theres this coil lifespan thing...

Anyway, I havent noticed my power consumption go up and the coil is generally on whenever I'm awake. I turn it off if I go to bed or go out. It may only use a small amount of power but it all adds up, plus I dont need to be woken up by the smell of melting carpet/cat pet :)

Last edited:

Alexis

@lazylathe , @Chicken #420 , @emmdeemo , good evening guys (shit just realised it is middle night here) and thank you for your inputs on coil heating approaches and longevity. It has been mentioned, but it is still very helpful to have a refresh and wider perspective.

It is exactly these litte details which are very useful to my greenness right now
(as in naivety;)). Just so you know it is appreciated anyway.:tup:

I am glad I got the Fc-186 ordered, looking forward to that piece. The last glass piece I bought was the D020-D over a year ago. I have long held off deciding on a better, and larger piece because I have not known which vaporizer I wanted it for.

I've given up on edibles now!:| I realised that it is massively slowing down my digestive system, and is the CAUSE of this 24/7 wind and gas I have had lately!

So vaping it is to be for me mostly now. In which case...I need a better vaporizer!:cool:
Using my Omnivap today and the draw restriction just does me in! And so much time and effort, and comcentration to get a suitable lasting buzz.

What I liked about the Herbo Ti was that you didn't need long to get a good buzz and I was always so much more chilled the next day as well. And I'm sure the Flowerpot is equal or superior in this regard.

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
My Flowerpot has been on for ~16 hours a day since I got it. My Volcano once served the save role. Great thing about the FP though is none of the electronics are proprietary, that was a big selling point for me going the PID direction versus other desktops.

So vaping it is to be for me mostly now. In which case...I need a better vaporizer!:cool:
Using my Omnivap today and the draw restriction just does me in! And so much time and effort, and comcentration to get a suitable lasting buzz.

What I liked about the Herbo Ti was that you didn't need long to get a good buzz and I was always so much more chilled the next day as well. And I'm sure the Flowerpot is equal or superior in this regard.

This is the fastest vaporizer I've ever used to medicate with. Even if it was turned off, it's still faster for me to wait 3 minutes for the FP to heat up and get a satisfying hit instead of puff on my Arizer Air for 20 minutes and still need a rip from the showerhead.

Alexis

My Flowerpot has been on for ~16 hours a day since I got it. My Volcano once served the save role. Great thing about the FP though is none of the electronics are proprietary, that was a big selling point for me going the PID direction versus other desktops.

This is the fastest vaporizer I've ever used to medicate with. Even if it was turned off, it's still faster for me to wait 3 minutes for the FP to heat up and get a satisfying hit instead of puff on my Arizer Air for 20 minutes and still need a rip from the showerhead.
Thanks man. You yourself in particular have been a massive (extra) encouragement since coming on board. Im glad you know my feeling exactly on ease and effort of medicating...and satisfaction of course.:tup:

Oh yeah my mum will be pleased at least if the electricity bill doesn't suddenly soar up. So will I! :rant:

Last edited:

Chicken #420

I and I be Irie Vaping with U and U in Zion, mon!
Full bowl at 680F SH uncapped, insane vapor. This rivaled smoke, I fogged myself out. I am a bit intimidated. I think I'll take a step back and just do a dab next med. :whoa:

I've been running my SH uncapped at 680 all day... through various glass. 680 (actually 678) is my fave temp. for 20" straight-tube vapor bong hits... deep-fogs the chamber in prep for the next hit every time! :D

Overall, for the SH I prefer lower temps, hovering in the 620-640 range... but sometimes you just want to scorch it and fire up the vapor production! ;)

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I've been running my SH at 680 all day... through various glass. 680 (actually 678) is my fave temp. for 20" straight-tube vapor bong hits... deep-fogs the chamber in prep for the next hit every time! :D

This is how I feel about 555! But then I'm always pre-heated and perma-capped atm :)

Agreed.

ParanoidAndroid998

I've written a lot about this in this thread.
Yes, water pipes will get dirty with the FlowerPot.
Yes, you can do something about it.

There are hundreds of various ash catchers and "dirt traps" on the market, and I've tried literally dozens of different things (some of which were expensive and difficult to obtain...) in an attempt to keep my glass clean.

The king of them ALL is a simple M-M adapter with a bulb in between the two male fittings, and the bulb loosely stuffed with Degummed Hemp Fiber. This not only works FAR better at keeping the pipes clean than ANY other setup I've tried, but it also gives you the wonderful side benefit of being able to pull the fiber when it is full and clogged, and vaping it (a bit at a time...) in a FlowerPot bowl! Delicious and psychoactive like you wouldn't believe! :o

Cheap setup too... about $5 for the adaper and $3 for the hemp fiber... both purchased on Ebay. ;)

uboPfxe.jpg

Very cool, do you mind linking to one of the bulb adapters? I can't seem to find it!

ParanoidAndroid998,

juan

I've written a lot about this in this thread.
Yes, water pipes will get dirty with the FlowerPot.
Yes, you can do something about it.

There are hundreds of various ash catchers and "dirt traps" on the market, and I've tried literally dozens of different things (some of which were expensive and difficult to obtain...) in an attempt to keep my glass clean.

The king of them ALL is a simple M-M adapter with a bulb in between the two male fittings, and the bulb loosely stuffed with Degummed Hemp Fiber. This not only works FAR better at keeping the pipes clean than ANY other setup I've tried, but it also gives you the wonderful side benefit of being able to pull the fiber when it is full and clogged, and vaping it (a bit at a time...) in a FlowerPot bowl! Delicious and psychoactive like you wouldn't believe! :o

Cheap setup too... about $5 for the adaper and $3 for the hemp fiber... both purchased on Ebay. ;)

uboPfxe.jpg

Sweet man! Thank you for an informative post. Have you used active carbon instead of hemp fiber aswell? I found some carbon filter for rigs on DHGate. And I tried to find hemp fiber in my country, but did not succeed, so probably I need to order from UK (and the shipping is basically the same price as the product). So maybe active carbon would be better for me if it does work just as good.

Alexis

Sweet man! Thank you for an informative post. Have you used active carbon instead of hemp fiber aswell? I found some carbon filter for rigs on DHGate. And I tried to find hemp fiber in my country, but did not succeed, so probably I need to order from UK (and the shipping is basically the same price as the product). So maybe active carbon would be better for me if it does work just as good.
Just order a decent amount of "degummed hemp fiber" from anywhere you can get the best deal.

Order enough to last for quite a long time and just pay the shipping once. I'm sure c cost won't be extortionate.

@WAM90 did you search for "carbon filter adapter"? They will come in different joint sizes and style, so it's depends on your bowl and rig as to which one you will choose. Here is a link for an 18 mm male to 18mm female one (if I have got that in the right order?):
https://m.dhgate.com/product/new-ar...er-19mm-male/262113053.html#simsear-0-adapter male carbon

But you can find other models and difference sizes etc, such as male to male for a female foal and rig. Good luck, I do expect to get one myself at some point.

dadan

This is how I feel about 555! But then I'm always pre-heated and perma-capped atm :) Agreed.

I spent all yesterday night on 555F too, only indica's flowers, preheating bowl results are so dense...
I tried to use also my old FF2, because of the new substancial firmware update, but i cant...it was impossible leave my FP resting on the table...so I will start this new day testing new FF2 update, then I have to work some hour too and this night i will back on my FP, wanna try some 540F sessions :haw:

Reading all your posts on new glasses I spent some time on DHgate too yesterday and finally choose to buy just some adapters (M18 to M18, F14 to F18 and F14 to M18) and this ashcatcher to add to my actual glass, should be a few weeks waiting:

rBVaJFlUeHCACO6kAAFqxqOPKBo691.jpg

I am always worried when I order, via web, very recognizable items like this one... here where I live our 'hobby' remains a devil's thing....:rolleyes:

biohacker

I have even seen the same posters do this for a couple of weeks then change their mind and now sing the praises of a new vape while badmouthing the one they just LOVED a week or two ago.

I have never seen a 'flower pot person' that loves this vape, change their mind two weeks later only to bad mouth the flower pot in favor of some other vape. Yeah, that's not happening.

Not yet, but the person I'm thinking about is definitely in this thread.

Well said @steama! Nearly 3 weeks in!!!! Yep, not...fucking..happening!!

Wow, take a week off from the thread and fall behind 10 pages! The honeymoon never really seems to end??

I've settled into preferring a coarse grind (with 1 stir/tamp) at a temp average of about 650f. Generally in the range of about 630 to 670 depending on strain, mood, etc. Not usually with the cap, unless i'm squeezing more out of the load. And recently i've discovered preheats and conduction, and loving the INSTANT vapour production!

To repeat an earlier buried question.... what does the SET on the PID do? Whenever I enter a temp, not much happens and reverts back.

Anyone get their errlectric screens yet? I'm only an hour away from them and it's been over one week now which is pretty unheard of for letter mail (should be no more than 1-2 days). Never received any shipping notice, and I emailed with no response. I'll try calling today...maybe all the international orders made him go nuts!

The FP continues to ruin other vapes for me due to its awesome open airflow (amongst other qualities). Tried another popular vape I used to love, and can't use it anymore due to piss poor airflow.

BEST. VAPE. EVER. :rockon:

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
I think the 'set' button allows you to enter a number to gain access to the extra settings.
The hidden settings should allow adjustment various parameters including changing the display from F to C
The hard part is knowing what PID is used to find the manual without opening the unit

I've had no notification or acknowledgement from errlectric since getting a payment receipt :shrug:

biohacker

I think the 'set' button allows you to enter a number to gain access to the extra settings.
The hidden settings should allow adjustment various parameters including changing the display from F to C
The hard part is knowing what PID is used to find the manual without opening the unit

If ANYONE has this information (@NewVape710 ?) I would LOVE it. Just the ability to convert from F to C would be worth it for me.

I've had no notification or acknowledgement from errlectric since getting a payment receipt :shrug:

Okay, i'll keep you posted. Thanks for your message dude.

I'll be adding some additional clarity on this autotune procedure.

Did I miss it? Your autotune procedure image is no longer visible. Just curious if it's the same calibration recently shown, by just holding the > button.

Last edited:

Joaon

@biohacker and everyone, here is manual of the pid controler:
http://www.berriman.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/xmt7100.pdf

Or in short:
Set -0089 - Set -- Corf : 0=°C / 1=°F
:cool:

Edit: The xmt7100 is a common pid controler used in various products
Edit bis: a 3 sec push on the > button does a quick autotune, to qualibrate PID settings to the heater (ShowerHead, Wrap Around, and OG Flower pot will not react the same, I think)
One could qualibrate his controler for FlowerPot WITH Cap on .. ;)

Last edited:

dadan

@Baron23, What a fantastic tool your config! @NewVape710 how can i order a threaded Pax Loading tool with new showercap? This is a great combo to sell on your shop, I think that many people that use FP for flowers will buy this...

Where have you found that plastic clips to keep glass together? :D

Very happy for you, mate! wow you have started with an high temperature night! Usually i keep controller turned on just when I know I'll use FP for a long session (most case), otherwise I prefer to turn it off, even for just half an hour.

Man´s Beauty Case :D

30_10.png

WOW this is the perfect beauty case! I'm using a valve microphone's hard case, it's not perfect like yours but it works well!

Sure thing:
gHiSYSY.jpg

I still doesn't understand how to calibrate my unit, instructions at point 4 says to turn ON coil and then press and hoold > button, but nothing happens ...any help?

Well said @steama!
.....The honeymoon never really seems to end??.....

I've settled into preferring a coarse grind (with 1 stir/tamp) at a temp average of about 650f. Generally in the range of about 630 to 670 depending on strain, mood, etc. Not usually with the cap, unless i'm squeezing more out of the load. And recently i've discovered preheats and conduction, and loving the INSTANT vapour production!

To repeat an earlier buried question.... what does the SET on the PID do? Whenever I enter a temp, not much happens and reverts back.

Anyone get their errlectric screens yet? I'm only an hour away from them and it's been over one week now which is pretty unheard of for letter mail (should be no more than 1-2 days). Never received any shipping notice, and I emailed with no response. I'll try calling today...maybe all the international orders made him go nuts!

I really hope this honeymoon will lasts as long as possible :)

At his moment i prefer really coarse grind, stir and a little tamp, temp between 535/600F, preheated. I'd really want to try the cap.

I'd like to understand better what SET means too and I'd like to try my celsius display too...
EDIT: @Joaon thanks for manual, I'll take a look shortly.

No errletric screen here, but i'm in europe. Hoping to receive it soon!

biohacker

but nothing happens ...any help?

I'm just going through it myself. I set my temp to 650, and then pressed and held the > for a few seconds and you will notice it start to blink rapidly. It then starts to bounce temps around, and that's where i'm at now watching and waiting for it to finish.

Are those instructions for calibration the same ones that @NewVape710 posted re: "autotune" ?

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
Thanks @Joaon, I'll be trying to switch from F to C when i get home this evening :tup:
I still doesn't understand how to calibrate my unit, instructions at point 4 says to turn ON coil and then press and hoold > button, but nothing happens ...any help?
I just set the temperature, turn on the coil and then hold the button down until the light starts blinking rapidly. A minute or two later and it's finished

Top Bottom