Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I'm starting to see some vapor trails again. Almost 2 weeks from last time. Wagering about half ounce or so of flower again, so it's time to clean the FP with alcohol. I guess I am only seeing them due to the bowl size (amt of flower) I generally take 5-8 hits per session so the FP is getting hot. YMMV

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
My lady still enjoys SiC wraparound dabs... she finds flower to be a bit harsh from the ShowerHead. I personally don't mind it myself... wide open ShowerHead with fresh herb continues to blow my mind! :o

Before I bought my FlowerPot, I did about 50/50 flower vs dabs. Now it's 90/10 in favor of ShowerHead with flower! :)

If she's used to capping, how about pre heating the showercap on top of the SH and seeing what she thinks of flower, capped all the way through, at 560f? Unless she's already tried it of course.

In terms of actual air temps going through the bowl, its roughly the same as around 650, but the starting temp of the showerhead itself is lower, and temps bounce around less, so I'm wondering if that could make things less harsh.

Not wanting to persuade her to move to flower but just to see if she notices a difference in harshness, data gathering! :)

disGRUNTled

Chem #4 , listening to Bon Jovi.
vfBiv5E.jpg

CZAypbP.jpg

aJDelri.jpg

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
So one thing I didn't take into account was the cool down time to be able to put the FP away safely. I'm a 'put it all away when you are done for the day' kind of guy, which isn't a problem with the FP, although, it does take longer. Just wanted to see if anyone else had a solution for this. I'm a pelican case kind of guy but clearly can't do that with the hot head.

It takes 20-30 minutes to cool down, I leave mine out so not a huge deal for me, but I've noticed it when I've brought it with me. Not sure what you could do other than wait, it definitely retains heat for a bit, like a pizza stone.

Baron23

My understanding of PID in general...that is, the purpose of the algorithm, is to reduce the size and number of excursions above and below set point as it hunts for stable set point temp. It is a control loop feedback function (sorry, I'm probably stating the obvious here) and is used for many other applications then temp control but temp seems to be in the heart of PID's application envelope.

I have run auto-tune on an Omron E5CC PID controller in a Greenlight box and dang if I could see any difference.

So, with my Auber 300 I didn't bother and don't see any issues.

I suppose in an industrial application where the set point is changed often and perhaps drastically, that a well tuned PID controller would be valuable, but these same industrial applications most often have an engineer/tech working over the individual PID settings which I do NOT screw with at all.

Cheers

Grifo

i haven't bothered with calibrating my auber either. Its consistent. Im at 580F for concentrates like sugar,sauce,rosin and 630 for shatter. 630-650 for flower and if i want more of my flower i go 700F its been consistent on those temps. With some concentrates though i gotta adjust the temp if im not getting proper clouds and taste.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
i haven't bothered with calibrating my auber either. Its consistent. Im at 580F for concentrates like sugar,sauce,rosin and 630 for shatter. 630-650 for flower and if i want more of my flower i go 700F its been consistent on those temps. With some concentrates though i gotta adjust the temp if im not getting proper clouds and taste.

Well thats fascinating. Lower temps for dabs than flower!

lazylathe

Almost there...
OGFP 16mm signing in for the last few times....
20mm Showerhead should be later this week!!!
As well as the new Ti Showercap!

I have been experimenting with the carb cap these past few days and have some interesting findings!

Instead of just placing the carb cap over the whole dish i am keeping it just resting on one edge and the handle side is about 30+ degrees above the other side.
By adjusting the gap on the one side you can adjust the vapor density.
Pretty neat!

Still loving the OGFP!
Now i will really need to buy a claisen adapter...

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Hmm, so I calibrated my controller and it seems that it doesn't lose temps as much when placed over a cold FP, but it also seems to recover faster during the draw so I dropped my temps from 680F down to 670F, seemed to be getting a bit roasty with a full bowl. I see this as a good thing, perhaps that explains how before calibration, it would preheat 30-40 degrees over when cold, and losing 20 degrees or so during the session.

goodpunk6

So NV doesn't sell the 16mm coil anymore? I was just about to buy a controller but couldn't add the 16mm

goodpunk6,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
The NV Ti screens are giving me flavor that I never had with the NV SS screens. Wells it's either those Ti screens or the fine grinder. Or Both!!! But dam, this super lemon haze just got tasty. As a bud, it smells great but last night I didn't get that same flavor you smell when I FP'ed it. Today, I get my order and after cleaning it all, threw the same bud in the NV fine grinder, changed screens and used the new Ti carb cap and was blown away!

@lazylathe that's what I have been doing with the D-Nail v2 carb cap as that cap seals the D-Nail wrap-around. I switched to the new Ti carb cap and it doesn't seal the D-Nail halo but does exactly what your saying and works great. My lungs are loving it.

Showerhead next week! I'm gonna join the club boys! I'm so excited... I should of gotten it over the fine grinder last week. I don't know what I was thinking. Smh..

BTW, I too agree the FP is very much like fresh rosin without the stickiness and mess.

***Edit***
I was just curious how much fkower I was ripping with each scoop of the pax loading tool and pulled out the scale.

The pax loading tool averages about 0.1 grams a scoop. Weighed 3 types of flowers that was NV fine grinded and scooped up a full load with the pax loading tool and only the indica, dosi doe bounced between 0.1g to 0.2g. Super lemon haze, sativa and defcon a hybrid stayed at 0.1g.

Just thought I'll share my curiosity with y'all.

Last edited:

Chicken #420

I and I be Irie Vaping with U and U in Zion, mon!
I blinked, missed a few days and the page count went from 129 to 199!
I throw in the towel and can no longer keep up!

Is there a best of thread yet?

Yes. This thread. Best thread on FC! :D

Seriously, though... we need some kind of intensive FAQ for this vape on this site somewhere!

Welcome to page 200 of the best thread on FC, everyone! :)

Last edited:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
What is needed is a thread in the 'Best Of' section for the Flower Pot.

http://fuckcombustion.com/forums/best-of.51/

:nod:
As I mentioned here, Best Of threads require member-nominated posts in order to be created. All it takes is someone patient and willing enough to go through the thread and nominate enough outstanding posts. I'd do it myself, but I'm too busy merging back-to-back posts and staring at pictures of @ataxian's pool.

:peace:

Alexis

I cannot find any hemp fiber where they advertise that it is degummed. However, I found this one from UK: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hemp-Top-V...548514?hash=item2cc7cb4522:g:hjAAAOSwjDZYlXg2
Do you think it will work?
Hi Juan, I just googled for it and got left, right and centre options. Here are a few, a UK one selling Dynavap's, plus a Dutch one.
And a US one that must be very cheap, you could order 250 grams and still bel below the import threshold at $12.50, depending on shipping costs:

https://thehedonistclub.co.uk/products/dynavap-degummed-hemp-fibre

https://www.vaposhop.com/vaporizer_accessoires/vaporizer-parts/vapcap-degummed-hemp-fiber/

https://www.hemptopia.com/grade-a-degummed-hemp-fiber/

Take your pick, or just google "degummed hemp fiber", or even check out the source @Chicken #420 mentioned on ebay.

And- my first piece of glass shipped on Dhgate, the Fc-186.:rockon: The small Toro bubbler got cancelled-no stock!:cry:
But it's alright, I have just ordered it from a different seller.:)

Edit- Second bubbler shipped now ss well!

Last edited:

juan

Hi Juan, I just googled for it and got left, right and centre options. Here are a few, a UK one selling Dynavap's, plus a Dutch one.
And a US one that must be very cheap, you could order 250 grams and still bel below the import threshold at $12.50, depending on shipping costs:

https://thehedonistclub.co.uk/products/dynavap-degummed-hemp-fibre

https://www.vaposhop.com/vaporizer_accessoires/vaporizer-parts/vapcap-degummed-hemp-fiber/

https://www.hemptopia.com/grade-a-degummed-hemp-fiber/

Take your pick, or just google "degummed hemp fiber", or even check out the source @Chicken #420 mentioned on ebay.

And- my first piece of glass shipped on Dhgate, the Fc-186.:rockon: The small Toro bubbler got cancelled-no stock!:cry:
But it's alright, I have just ordered it from a different seller.:)

Thank you for your informative post! However, the shipping from US is about $22, so it's about double the cost of the actual product.

One more thing though, I came across a thread at reddit where people basically said that hemp fiber is only used when dabbing, and I can only access flowers and will use the NV Showerhead. Is hemp fiber not necessary then?

Likes2vape

Thank you for your informative post! However, the shipping from US is about $22, so it's about double the cost of the actual product.

One more thing though, I came across a thread at reddit where people basically said that hemp fiber is only used when dabbing, and I can only access flowers and will use the NV Showerhead. Is hemp fiber not necessary then?
The hemp fiber will just help keep your rig clean and free of any particals that may make it past the screen. It’s not needed but is nice for keeping everything clean.

goodpunk6

@NewVape710 I'm a dumbass and accidentally ordered 3 enail controllers, 2 packs of screens, and 2 16mm coils. I'm a serious nut case. I only wanted to order 1 or each. please modify my order!

goodpunk6,
Reactions: steama

juan

@NewVape710 I'm a dumbass and accidentally ordered 3 enail controllers, 2 packs of screens, and 2 16mm coils. I'm a serious nut case. I only wanted to order 1 or each. please modify my order!

I think your best choice is to call NewVape. I tried to change my order. I sent 2-3 emails and tried to contact them in a private message here at FC, but I didn't get an answer and then my order was shipped after a few days. I hope you have better luck than me! :)

Top Bottom