Canna-Weird News

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Meet the Man Who Makes Art Out of Marijuana for Hollywood A-Listers
Greenhand has made an entire career out of rolling impossibly intricate, over-the-top joints in the shape of pretty much anything you can imagine. His clients pay anywhere from $300 to $10,000 for customized cannabis art, and include people like Rihanna, rapper 2 Chainz, Tommy Chong, and more.

People with too damned much money

macbill,
Reactions: C No Ego

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Love his work!

I got into this about 20 years ago in school, my roommate had a book passed down from his brother on how to roll wild joints and I was committed to learning them all. Once you learn the techniques of adding papers and splicing multiple joints together, your imagination is the only limit. I never did get to Greenhand's level, but enjoyed rolling tulip joints, windmills, tridents, and other less advanced stuff.

I'd still be rolling if I smoked, but becoming a full time vaporist was the end of joint rolling for me.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
a continuation of FC thread
$150,000. That's all police had to pay for going bonkers on a family home when they mistook this couple's tea for cannabis

So, what exactly happened?

In August of 2011, Leawood, Kans. resident Robert Harte was buying supplies for a hydroponic tomato-growing project for his children. At the same time Sgt. James Wingo, a member of the Missouri Highway Patrol, was in the store parking lot on the lookout for customers buying equipment that could be used for indoor cannabis growing.

Adobewan

$150,000. That's all police had to pay for going bonkers on a family home when they mistook this couple's tea for cannabis

In August of 2011, Leawood, Kans. resident Robert Harte was buying supplies for a hydroponic tomato-growing project for his children. At the same time Sgt. James Wingo, a member of the Missouri Highway Patrol, was in the store parking lot on the lookout for customers buying equipment that could be used for indoor cannabis growing.
How about a "Thanks for the share but Fuck That!" button on the New FC?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

This is the "probable cause" equivalent of arresting someone for purchasing baking soda, because it could be used to make crack cocaine.

Law Enforcement demonstrating yet again how they readily endanger public lives by focusing on "guesstimating" instead of doing real police work.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
THC-Infused Semen Can Be A Side Effect Of Frequent Marijuana Use, Study Finds
In a study of 12 participants who regularly consumed marijuana by inhalation, the researchers were able to detect delta-9 THC, the main psychoactive ingredient in cannabis, in two subjects’ semen samples. And at least one metabolite of THC—what’s left over after the body processes the compound—could be detected in all samples capable of being analyzed. “Two semen samples,” the report says, “had insufficient volume to be analyzed.”

macbill,
Reactions: Summer

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
macbill,
Reactions: Summer

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Grandmother Arrested For CBD At Disney World Sues Company With Powerful Legal Team

A 70-year-old woman is suing the Walt Disney Company over her arrest at Disney’s Magic Kingdom in Florida last year for possession of CBD oil, her attorneys announced on Wednesday.

Hester Burkhalter, a grandmother who suffers from arthritis, was arrested after an off-duty sheriff’s deputy discovered the oil in her purse at a security checkpoint. Her detention was filmed and created headlines across the world. While the charges were subsequently dropped following a 12-hour stint in jail, she’s now seeking compensation from the massive entertainment conglomerate.

florduh

^^^ Good...hope she takes them for a bundle...however...fucking with Mr. Mouse is never easy...

Ab-so-lutely. If I recall correctly, it was a Disney security guard who first discovered the CBD oil. They're the ones doing bag checks. Disney also pays off duty cops OT to stand around at park entrances. The Disney guard took her oil and gave it to the cop.

What the fuck are Disney workers doing looking for drugs in bags? If they don't find a weapon, they should be moving the tourists right along. Ridiculous.

Last edited:

florduh

I thought FLA was supposed to be at least semi-legal?

Only if you're a licensed MMJ patient. Otherwise it's still very illegal. CBD is in a weird grey area. It's technically illegal to buy or sell. Florida law doesn't differentiate between "hemp" and "cannabis". I've heard of them going after CBD retailers. I've literally never heard of a consumer getting arrested. The Orange County Sheriff should have to cough up some cash too.

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
Yeah...it’s all fiercely illegal here, yet my rather small town has more than one CBD store. I don’t know what they carry, much less what they claim it is, but I seriously can’t imagine LE giving a pass to something unless the proof that it WASN’T cannabis-derived of -related was indisputable.

(Or unless the plantation boss *told them* to lay off (our ‘governor’ is just the chief overseer))

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Great-Grandma Speaks
Great-grandmother arrested at Disney's Magic Kingdom for having CBD oil talks about incident

Ben Crump, her civil rights attorney, filed a civil lawsuit seeking a total of $18 million in damages against Disney and the Orange County Sheriff’s Office.

“A 69-year-old grandmother for having CBD oil for her chronic pain associated with advanced arthritis was strip-searched and strip body cavity searched and overall humiliating experience,” Crump said. “Officers administered a highly unreliable field test to test it for THC. Which at first came back negative. The bottle was clearly labeled 0% THC.”

Tranquility

The lawsuit is about:
According to Crump and a July 29 complaint, a lawsuit has been filed in the Circuit Court of the 9th Judicial Circuit in Orange County against The Walt Disney Company and a number of its executives as well as the Orange County Sheriff and a number of its deputies alleging illegal detention, false arrest and violation of civil rights. The suit requests $6 million in compensatory damages and $12 million in punitive damages for Burkhalter, as well as millions of additional dollars for her family, according to the complaint.

The problem is damages.

The plaintiff has to prove how she was damaged and how much. Constitutional rights do not have any real inherent value under the law. Theoretically, maybe a dollar for nominal damages.

While the big numbers make for good press, it is unlikely a false arrest with a cavity search is going to lead to $6 million in damages. And THAT assumes there was not probable cause to arrest in the first place. Since CBD oil was still illegal in FL until July 1, I'm not sure what's being sued on.

Tranquility,
Top Bottom