Canna-Weird News

florduh

The plaintiff has to prove how she was damaged and how much.
“A 69-year-old grandmother for having CBD oil for her chronic pain associated with advanced arthritis was strip-searched and strip body cavity searched and overall humiliating experience,”

Seems pretty clear how she was damaged. Why are Disney's employees inspecting Grandma's arthritis medicine this closely in the first place? It's a security bag check, done by non-professionals. If they see an obvious weapon or explosive... get law enforcement involved. Otherwise, move the hot sweaty tourists though the fucking line. What if grandma had a bottle of vicodin? Is the Disney mall-cop going to confirm the prescription or narc her out to the cops? Come on...

Disney is going to end up paying out a large settlement, out of court. This is a pretty awful PR situation. You're having cops search through great-grandma's asshole because she had some non-psychoactive herbal treatment for her arthritis in her fannypack? That's an awful company policy.

I agree, that the Orange County Sheriff will likely squirm out of any liability. Sure... CBD is technically illegal in Floriduh. But there's a lot of confusion even among residents, especially after the Federal Hemp law went through. There are CBD stores all over the place in other Hillbilly States. And this granny was a tourist. The cops could've cut her some slack and tossed the CBD oil. I've literally never heard of a CBD user's actual asshole getting searched over the stuff. Let alone Great Grandma's, at the gates of DIsney World. Even if all of this was legal, it was a ridiculous use of law enforcement resources. Orange County obviously agrees, since they dropped the case.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I've literally never heard of a CBD user's actual asshole getting searched over the stuff

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I don't even understand how they would make the connection to perform a butt check when they found the bottle in her bag? Did they think she might be muling some harder shit for Mickey Mouse or something?

Last edited:

Tranquility

I'd be willing to bet the Orange County Sheriff (Best in the country! /s) has a specific procedure for how to handle drug arrests and I suspect that will include such a search. Here's a case from the same place where they did searches on a warrant arrest:

Corrections Officers at the OCCF conducted a visual body search (or "hygiene check" as Sergeant Zappolo referred to it) of plaintiff upon his admission. (Id. at ¶ 26.) Sergeant Zappolo stated that the hygiene check was the routine procedure at the OCCF. (Zappolo Dep. at 11-12, Exh. I to Gersowitz Aff.) According to Sergeant Zappolo, hygiene checks of inmates include "a check of their personal artifacts, their clothing, jewelry, and a check of their body." (Id. at 13.) "Body searches" consists of:
The lifting of their arms, checking under their arms. Opening their mouth, lifting up their tongue. Turning their head from side to side, looking in the inside of their ears. Bending their ears forward, looking behind their ears. Running their fingers through their hair. Lifting up their genitals. Turning around. Picking up both feet, to check the bottoms of their feet. Bending over and a visual check of the rectum.
(Id. at 13-14.) Sergeant Zappolo testified that this procedure was performed on every new inmate at the OCCF: "if they come into the facility, they're searched." (Id. at 14.)

The second strip search of Mr. Murcia occurred after he was placed in the bullpen with other inmates. According to defendants, while plaintiff was in the book *492 ing/receiving "bullpen" along with other inmates awaiting his assignment to a housing unit, Jail personnel smelled cigarette smoke coming from the bullpen area. (Zappolo Aff. at ¶ 5.) Because cigarettes are contraband in the OCCF, Officers asked the inmates who had been smoking the cigarette. (Id. at ¶ 6.) None of the inmates admitted to having any cigarettes, hence the Officers removed them from the bullpen and conducted body searches on all of them in order to find the contraband. (Id. at ¶¶ 7-8.)

On February 22, the U.S. Marshals came to pick up plaintiff. Plaintiff was strip searched again on this day. (Rule 56.1 Statement at ¶ 30.) Defendants claim that the U.S. Marshals conducted this third strip search of plaintiff. Plaintiff was released from the custody of the U.S. Marshals later that day after they discovered that he was not the Jamie Murcia who was wanted for Bond Jumping.

It seems the key to making it all legal like is if there were a "individualized reasonable suspicion" rule being followed. There, the three factor test is:
1. Circumstances of the arrest
2. Nature of the crime charged
3. Particular characteristics of the arrestee.
For a felony drug arrest? Only #3 might mitigate a search decision.
Felonies being what they are, I imagine that some combination of the circumstances of the arrest, nature of the crime charged, and the particular characteristics of the arrestee will render strip searches of many more accused felons legitimate. But not all. For example, forgery and securities fraud are felonies under New York law. N.Y. Penal Law § 170.15 (McKinney 1998) (forgery); N.Y. Gen. Bus. Law § 352-c(5) (McKinney 2002) (securities fraud). It is hard to imagine why being accused of these crimes would automatically provide reasonable suspicion to believe that a detainee was concealing contraband.

As to the damage, it is NOT clear as A MATTER OF LAW how much she was damaged. Again, violation of a constitutional right has no number attached to it. One is not more hurt under the law if 100 violations of civil rights are proven over just one. The hurt is the hurt and one needs to get some actual damages to get any decision. Grandmother is now going to medical care providers not only to treat any harms that may have happened; but also to build up actual damages. With punitives capped at double digit multipliers, even if everyone is held to have done real bad things, how much is she out in money?

If there's a settlement from Disney, it is for PR value and not litigation risk.

------------
Edit:
What is it with Florida? Grandma got bent over by a deputy over CBD and an 8 year old handcuffed for felony battery for hitting a teacher in the chest.

Last edited:
Tranquility,

florduh

I'd be willing to bet the Orange County Sheriff (Best in the country! /s) has a specific procedure for how to handle drug arrests and I suspect that will include such a search.

No one is arguing otherwise. I'm saying the arrest was a waste of taxpayer money in the first place. After the MickeyMouse Richard Jewell security "cast member" seized granny's CBD and turned it over to the actual cops, they should've just tossed it. Instead they wasted everyone's time and went rooting around in granny's butthole over fucking CBD. The Orange County Sheriff is funded almost entirely by taxes paid by tourists like granny. This was an idiotic decision.

how much is she out in money?

I dunno. A lower cost Disney vacation costs around $20k. Safe to say that was ruined. This was also a widely publicized case. Everyone in granny's hometown knows she got busted at the Magic Kingdom for "drugs". Because of Disney and the stupidity of the Orange County Sheriff.

If there's a settlement from Disney, it is for PR value and not litigation risk.

I'll have to take your word that there's no risk of litigation. As a layperson, it looks like Disney has a really stupid policy that lead to a nice, arthritic grandma's butthole being violated. I feel like companies have been sued for less.

But, yes this is all about getting Disney to pay up because the optics are terrible. No one at their amusement park was any safer that day because they had a granny arrested.

What is it with Florida?

It's the humidity. If you spend too much time in it, you can be driven insane. I treat Florida in the summer the same way I treat NY in the winter: don't go outside. A benefit over NY winters is that you can still have a somewhat comfortable time outside in the summer, after the sun goes down.

I will say no one I personally know here fits the "Florida Man" profile. We all find out about this shit on the news like the rest of the country.

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I don't even understand how they would make the connection to perform a butt check when they found the bottle in her bag? Did they think she might be muling some harder shit for Mickey Mouse or something?
Why even wonder *why* the bullies bully: it needs to be stopped, it needs to not happen.
Disney IS responsible, this was done by their employees on their payroll and on their property.
Orange County is also responsible: funny how some are SO against “government” that they’ll put up with and make excuses for all manner of *private* abuse.

Do we want kings and princes?‘Cause this is how you *get* kings and princes...
AKA private government: Exactly the OPPOSITE of every foundational principle the USA was founded on.

Last edited:

florduh

Yeah, that seems insane to me too. The tourist granny didn't realize that the laws in this hillbilly State are so backwards that CBD is illegal. So she threw some tincture in her purse. That's it. That's the whole of this "crime". There's no fucking way she was smuggling anything in her butthole. Idiocy.

Why even wonder *why* the bullies bully: it needs to be stopped, it needs to not happen.

This is most likely because of COVID, but Disney has stopped the sort of bag checks in this case. Now bags are either x-rayed or simply sent through a metal detector ( I can't remember which). Since these bag checks were only supposed to check for weapons in the first place, that makes sense. I'm sure some executive also realized it would prevent any future grandma butts from being violated for the "crime" of going to the Magic Kingdom with her grandkids, minus a little arthritis pain.

Do we want kings and princes?‘Cause this is how you *get* kings and princes...
AKA private government: Exactly the OPPOSITE of every foundational principle the USA was founded on.

I sort of thought that too. Sure, Granny knew she was subject to a security bag check. Was she ever informed that park employees in Mickey Mouse outfits were actually acting as a proxy for local law enforcement? They're not only looking for security threats... they're also ensuring every person entering isn't violating any State/Federal/Local Law? Anything found in their bags can and will be turned over to LE for further investigation?

Disney World is private property, so all of this is likely legal. But it seems fucked up to me.

Last edited:

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
Disney World is private property, so all of this is likely legal. But it seems fucked up to me.
Well...it’s *Florida* So it may well be legal...but this will be a huge black eye for Disney if they don’t ‘fess up and pay up: if Disney can dig through all your possessions and turn you over to LE at their whim, that needs to be made CRYSTAL CLEAR to *everyone* who’s even considering a trip to Mickey’s World.

Disclaimers are posted on entrances...and a multi-thousand-dollar expedition requires that the disclaimers be plain and available BEFORE any money is spent. Anything less is deceptive at least and criminal fraud at worst.

Tranquility

The Covid, cannabis, genetics and FREE; what's not to love?
During Covid-19, Cannabis DNA Company Offers Free Immunity Report But Experts Urge Caution

...While there is currently no test to determine someone’s actual susceptibility to Covid-19, one company, Endocanna Health, has started offering a free report on genetic factors that impact immune health. Still experts urge caution against taking this test as evidence about Covid-19 susceptibility.

“We added this report because we want to empower people with the information they need to take control of their immune health, especially at such a critical moment in public health and wellness,” explained Len May, CEO of Endocanna Health. “Understanding your genetic predispositions and potential risks can help you take measures to support a healthy immune response."

Endocanna Health is a company that specializes in looking at genetic factors related to how individuals respond to cannabis and its many compounds. Their paid services offer cannabis consumers insight into how their own genetic factors may mean certain types of cannabis are more effective for them than others. This means that many of the factors they investigate have to do with the endocannabinoid system - an internal system in humans and other mammals which interacts with cannabis’ chemicals to produce its many effects. ...

Tranquility,

Tranquility

What's the CBD dose for an anxious elephant? Not "huge barrels of it", that's for sure.

Marijuana test for stressed-out Warsaw Zoo elephants
The Warsaw zoo said Wednesday it will start giving its elephants medical marijuana as part of a ground-breaking pilot project to test how it reduces their stress levels.

Medical cannabis has been used worldwide to treat dogs and horses but "this is probably the first initiative of its kind for elephants," Agnieszka Czujkowska, the veterinarian in charge of the project, told AFP.

The zoo's three African elephants will be given liquid doses of a high concentration of the relaxing cannabinoid CBD through their trunks.

The veterinarian said the CBD neither causes euphoria nor harmful side effects on the liver and kidneys.

"It's an attempt to find a new natural alternative to the existing methods of combating stress, especially pharmaceutical drugs," Czujkowska told AFP.

The project, she said, comes at an opportune time as the zoo's herd has recently had to cope with the death of its alpha female.

The zoo monitors the elephants' stress by checking their hormone levels and through behavioural observation.

Czujkowska said it will take around two years before her team has any conclusive results.

If successful, the initiative could then be tried with other animals living in captivity.

"Contrary to what some would imagine, the elephants won't be using cannabis pipes nor will they be getting huge barrels of it" to match their size, Czujkowska said with a laugh.

The initial doses will be comparable to those given to horses: a vial's worth of a dozen drops of CBD oil, two or three times a day.

"The female Fryderyka has already had a chance to try it and she didn't say no," Czujkowska said.

Poaching has decimated the world elephant population, which slumped in Africa from several million at the turn of the 19th century to around 400,000 today.

Tranquility

Smoking causes lead poisoning.
Study Finds 90% of Rolling Papers Contain Heavy Metals

31170339.jpg

vaping-science.jpg

Tranquility,
Reactions: florduh

Tranquility

You were worried about Covid? How about another virus? The CANNABIS Virus!

The Threat of Viral Cannabis Diseases

Growers worldwide are seeing Cannabis disease symptoms with unknown causes among their crops. Here’s what we know about potential causes, detection and what you can do to stop viral spread.

Around the world people are coming to grips with the health issues and economic fallout of COVID-19. Public awareness of viral contagions is reaching unprecedented levels, presenting an opportune moment to address disease problems within the cannabis industry. As we are seeing with the novel coronavirus pandemic, harmful viruses emerge and adapt, and this is not exclusive to humans. Cannabis growers are increasingly experiencing the negative economic outcomes of decreased vigor, lower flower yields and reduced production of primary target compounds including both cannabinoids and terpenoids. What we are calling “Cannabis disease syndrome (CDS)” exhibits a suite of consistent symptoms, but with no readily apparent single cause. These symptoms, which do not appear to be caused by nutrient deficiencies or other pathogens, are often collectively referred to as “dudding” or “dudders.” (The term originated when growers would think a plant with decreased vigor or stunted growth was “just a dud.”)

Steadily declining vigor in commercial Cannabis clones is not a new phenomenon. As vegetative reproduction by rooting cuttings became popular in the 1980s, growers would occasionally see a clone that became weaker and less productive each time cuttings were flowered. Apart from lowered yield, there were few other symptoms of infection. We tentatively called this a “photocopy effect” based on our analogy that copying a copy of a copy of a copy, results in a faded image that eventually becomes a mere ghost of the original.

We knew that because lost vigor was appearing in asexually multiplied serial cuttings the problem could not be explained by “genetic drift,” which is a shift in the frequency of genes within a small sexually reproducing population. Growers wondered what the causes might be, and even addressed the possibility that simply making serial cuttings might result in diminished vigor.

Soon we realized the symptoms were caused by transmission of an infectious disease that became more and more prevalent through successive rounds of multiplication. (More on this later.) We destroyed clones exhibiting symptoms, carefully sterilized benches, pots and tools, and began to use fresh blades when taking cuttings from each mother plant. There were no known causes, just obvious adverse effects. Yet we found practical solutions, and soon the problem nearly disappeared....

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Navy Explains Why It Banned Hemp Shampoos And Lotions For Sailors
The U.S. Navy is offering a more in-depth explanation about why it decided earlier this year to expand its ban on CBD and hemp products to include topicals like shampoos and lotions.

In a post published last week, the military branch said that it enacted the change in July in order “to ensure the integrity of the Navy’s drug policy.” It “bans use of any hemp product or product derived from hemp and violations can occur without regard to intended physical or mental consequences of the use.”

Tranquility

REEFER MADNESS!!!

Florida mom films disturbing footage of her 10th grade daughter shaking violently in an ambulance after a fellow student gave her THC-laced candy at school

B-u-t...let's go to the article's best line:
Beth Richards recorded in terror as her tenth-grade daughter Autumn had to be rushed to hospital after she claimed to have accidentally ingested synthetic THC, the main psychoactive component of marijuana.

Goodness, "synthetic THC" is "the main psychoactive component of marijuana?" Well, I guess so. The plant certainly synthesizes THC so I guess ALL "THC" is synthetic--in a way. In a more accurate way, synthetic THC is a term used for things not THC or, sometimes, dronabinol.

Finally, imagine a doctory looking gentleman looking into the camera as he intones:

St. Johns County Sheriff's Office is still investigating the incident and the gummies have been sent to a lab to confirm it was THC.

Beth Richards now hopes that her daughter's story will work as a warning, as she encourages other parents to have a serious conversation with their children about not taking candy from others, no matter how safe it appears.

'It could've happened anywhere. Regardless of this happening at school; that doesn't matter. This could've happened at McDonalds, it could have happened at a playground, it could've happened at home. The location does not matter,' Richards said.

According to Poison Control in Florida, calls about exposure to marijuana edibles have tripled in recent months and are on pace to be the record for last year.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

10-pound bag of marijuana spills onto Clovis roadway

The Clovis Police Department got an unusual call on Friday morning from a Madera County sheriff's deputy who said he found a bag full of marijuana in the roadway on Temperance Avenue near Alluvial.

Clovis police officers responded to the scene and discovered the green bag stuffed with about 10 pounds worth of individual marijuana bags.

Top Bottom