Camouflet Convector

coolbreeze

About to jump on the convector. Almost contemplating two or one full kit and a cap and tip for one of my dyna stems. Really wanting a small load convection device to juggle between my vapcaps for switching up conduction and convection profiles.

A few questions, contemplating getting both ceramic tubes for them, but im wondering how do you go about cleaning the 4 hole ceramic tube?
I soaked mine in iso and then tried the ol' waterpik but iirc, I ended up using a little piece of wire to poke, as well. It wasn't bad, just fiddly.
That’s the main thing im concerned about for that. Ultimately, i’d like something as harsh or less harsh than a dyna, maybe the single hole ceramic is enough for that requirement? But also something as restrictive or less restrictive than a vapcap m, does the 4 hole make it more restrictive than a vapcap? Sorry for comparison here, but its only metric i can maybe quantify with the slightly different traits of the ceramic tubes on offer here (ie 4 hole ceramic restrictiveness vs vapcap and 1 hole ceramic vs cooling if vapcap).
I've really only used the 4-hole and a DV condenser, neither are as restricted as a DV but they're not a world off either. Similar but noticeably less restricted.
Also, does the cap stay on well and do you have to be careful putting it on? I saw some people mention you can damage it putting it on too tightly but also heard it fell off the device for some people from being loose. I stand while vaping and usually above concrete, so ideally i’d like to not have my cap fall onto that when using it. Is there an easy and reliable way to place the cap on the device without risk of it falling off or of putting on too tightly? Or is it less finicky than im reading it to be?
I have dropped my cap off a few times, and it does feel like you can put it on too tight (although I believe they've added a stop so you can't push it on too far now). If you drop it on concrete I don't think it would hurt the cap too badly as it's very light and would just bounce.
Lastly, i hear the condensor isn’t easy to put on, has anyone found that lubing the orings with either saliva or skin oil near the nose to help? I find it helps with dynas but this does sound like a tighter fit overall. Im afraid of that process of assembly tbh but im hoping its not as difficult as it’s made out to be.
Probably not quite as bad as it's made out to be...but I've never disassembled mine since! I think they may include a different o-ring that's easier to use now? In any case, if you become frustrated your DV innards will work perfectly and a bit more easily, though maybe not as coolly.

Also, how hard is it to remove the ceramic tube for cleaning? Haven’t seen anyone mention it or how to do it safely. The part that gets me here is that ceramic is less durable than steel, so im hoping this process isn’t so difficult that i break them in the process of assembly or removing for cleaning.
Easier than getting it back in (assuming the original o-rings). I feel like the ceramic cores are durable. They might break falling on concrete, but they might even survive that. It will be easy to remove and the difficulty in reassembling is not from having to force the parts together, it's from the o-rings being a tad too large and shaped such that they grip too much going in. You probably won't break it reassembling.

Anyhow, they're really nice devices, I bet you will enjoy it!

friedrich

Little-Known Member
Hey so im likely picking this up soon.

I was wondering, can anyone compare the ceramic tube with 4 holes vs one? Im debating on getting both but not sure itd worth doing that, i just have no idea how different they are and if those differences are big enough to justify both.

Also, can anyone compare titanium to stainless steel version? Performance differences? Effects and efficiency? Do you find it easier to combust in one over the other? Leaning ti because i like the ti tip for vapcaps over the ss, but i figure this isn’t a vapcap so i wanted to check in here.

Also, can you use the straw method to fill the bowl and empty it by blowing out the material (like a vapcap)? What are instruction for cleaning? Can you just iso, rinse and dry it all? Or are some parts not able to do that? Lastly, does this vape require stirring? If it does, how annoyingnis it to do?

Sorry for all the questions, watching troy and jerry atm, and im pretty onboard with this vape, i just need to do a little more research before i jump on board. Like Troy having trouble with the ti tip and putting it on, it made me wonder if the titanium shrinks or something or if it was just bent a little. Thanks for any info guys, this vape honestly looks liek exactly my cup of tea. Love a heady vape and i hear this has a very heady signature. I almost never hear vapes desribed that way, i always hear about stoney signatures instead. So im pretty hyped to hear the signature here might be more of what i desire out of vaping.

I got a single bore and don't use it because it seemed a little too hot on my throat, but I think I'm on the sensitive side there. I much prefer a glass stem anyway (like I posted above), because it's fun to see the vapor, it helps me gauge the heat and stop drawing if approaching combustion, and it just looks nice to me.

Having gone back to the OG cap from a Ti, my impression is that the Ti started to glow more visibly at a lower heat level, and was thus a little easier to control by way of visual feedback. Maybe it gave marginally better flavor too? I can't really say for sure, but will be getting another Ti cap myself.

I pretty much echo coolbreeze on filling, stirring, and cleaning. I've been doing a light straw fill, tapping out the excess, with no tamping. You want to leave at least a couple mm air gap at the top of the bowl; if you fill too much, you'll get a more uneven roast and run a greater risk of combustion. I kind of felt a need to stir at first (which I really don't like, especially in a bowl this narrow), but not anymore; it becomes less necessary with more familiarity.

I soaked the caps in isopropyl alcohol when I first got them, and afterwards just blow or brush out the occasional crumb of abv. The chambers I swabbed initially with alcohol, then usually just blow and brush clean after each bowl. Occasionally I take out the screen to clean separately and swab the chamber or push & twist a piece of rolled-up paper towel through it.

Also, does the cap stay on well and do you have to be careful putting it on? I saw some people mention you can damage it putting it on too tightly but also heard it fell off the device for some people from being loose. I stand while vaping and usually above concrete, so ideally i’d like to not have my cap fall onto that when using it. Is there an easy and reliable way to place the cap on the device without risk of it falling off or of putting on too tightly? Or is it less finicky than im reading it to be?

It's not really an issue, especially now that they weld the heat exchanger in place. I think my first (OG) cap fell off because, out of an overabundance of caution (having read the same about damaging it), I wasn't putting it on quite all the way. I could actually watch it moving after a hit, lifting slightly away from the chamber, due to heat expansion & contraction I guess. Since then I've been putting it on just a little bit tighter, and it holds firmly in place; I have to grip and purposely pull to make it budge.

Last edited:

Datoneguy

Finally jumped in. Titanium single bore convector. Im thinking since troy was hitting it without any ceramic and wasn’t complaining about harshness, the single bore should be pleasant enough for cooling. But i’ll let you guys know if that’s not the case lol. Ultimately i chose single because i assume it will be a little less maintenance overall.

coolbreeze

Deserves a better name than the C+, tell ya hwut:
IMG-5071.jpg

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
If anyone on here from the UK is thinking of getting one of these excellent devices please message me, because I might have one you can have for free. I'm holding on to my titanium v2 (because it's lovely) but I have a well-used v1 and a lightly-used v2 steel that I don't need. I'm passing them along because I don't need them all, and they are both really nice pieces of kit. You'll get EITHER the 1 bore cooler OR the 4 bore cooler because those are all I have. If you'd prefer the other one @Camouflet are delightfully helpful. They will both be scrupulously cleaned in iso, and packaged in baggies. (FWIW - and the reason I'm giving away my only condensers - I use mine through a Revolve v1 stem or a glass WPA).

I'll try and amend this post/delete it when they're gone. Also, caveat emptor - I'm a bit disorganised, so it might take me a week or so to get to a postbox.

Datoneguy

My convector is apparently arriving later this week. I was wondering, are there any videos of assembly and disassembly of this vape? Would love a link to that if it exists.

Also, any vids of maintenance and cleaning?

Cool if not, i don’t expect it to be overly complex, just would love a more detailed idea of how to put together and take apart the device, i also plan on cleaning it when it arrives and want to be sure to do that right too. I bookmarked vids of this sort of thing for the anvil and vapcap, both definitely helped out until i had the routines memorized. Would be cool if they have something like this for a camouflet, so i thought i’d check here.

Datoneguy,

Datoneguy

So the vape just arrived. Thanks to Camouflet for the fast shipping!

Btw, mine arrived with an Og convector as well, I did not expect that, thanks! Might try ti version with ceramic insert and try the og without one to see how that goes since the Og came without one. My assumption is maybe that’s how og design was but idk lol.

What is the difference between the og and the other convector? Im assuming og is ss? And possibly has no condensor?

coolbreeze

So the vape just arrived. Thanks to Camouflet for the fast shipping!

Btw, mine arrived with an Og convector as well, I did not expect that, thanks! Might try ti version with ceramic insert and try the og without one to see how that goes since the Og came without one. My assumption is maybe that’s how og design was but idk lol.

What is the difference between the og and the other convector? Im assuming og is ss? And possibly has no condensor?
OG is SS (there's a current SS too) and I think it lacks the little weld that stops the cap from going on too far. They may have updated the o-rings? Can't remember what else. The improvements are welcome but the OG's totally fine,I use it daily.

Datoneguy

So i just cleaned my vapes and found a couple things a little off. Contacted Camouflet about it to see what’s up. Might post pics here later to get some opinions, but for now im just gonna send them to Camouflet if i can.

Quick description, one ti cap has a brown area in a corner and it won’t come off. Looks like it might obscuring one of the holes but not sure. Pretty minor but asking them about it anyways to see if it could effect performance of device or health adversely.

Other one is one of the og caps had a loose screen sitting in it. I accidentally got the screen stuck in a very uneven position while cleaning it. Im assuming this screen is a part of the heater.

Besides this, qtips came out clean for og convectors, while one of my ti convectors had 3 qtips worth of stuff come off of it. Mainly got it off the metal stem. Not uncommon at all but just a heads up to clean the convector before usage.

Haven’t used it yet but i do want to say that i like how the vape is comprised of 3 metal parts and the ceramic condenser. Love that simplicity and it seems like it will be easy to get use to how the vape is meant to be assembled and disassembled. Much easier to grasp than some other vapes i have with 9 or 10 parts to assemble lol. Can’t wait to try this puppy, feels great in the hand.

coolbreeze

Now available at Vgoodiez!

Datoneguy

Camouflet responded within a day to my email. Brown color is from oxidation from welding process.

The loose screen in the og is because og models don’t have the screens welded in. So im going to try to use needle to loosen the uneven screen then reinsert the screen more evenly using a condenser.
On another note, finally tried the vape. Only one bowl so far and halfway filled. But really solid results from crumbs, pretty impressed. I can tell my heating is a little tame though or my technique is off a bit, but pretty good for a first try.

For heating, i aimed the flame horizontally going partially across the top area while also hitting the side of the tip. I spinned it at a medium pace while heating (slower spinning than with vapcaps), but i might try even slower next time. I found i could get away waiting for an orange flame and then bringing it around the circle entirely before hitting. Got like 7 or 8 hits of small or medium sizes. I also tapped my finger on the side of the bowl between every hit or two to shake up the load. It all came out pretty even. Might be because i only filled it halfway or maybe shaking the load loose between hits is enough to help spread heat through the load. How do you guys go about stirring? Or do you avoid it completely?

I need to run some more bowls through it but so far im loving this form factor for some convection hits and the efficiency was notable. (Edit: did a few full bowls later that evening and all i can say is wow, that’s my first impressions lol)

Last thing, the orings are annoying as described. I used saliva and that seemed to help. I also used my nails, especially my thumb nail to get orings into the stem. I got into a groove with it and it wasn’t too bad after that but one of the orings (the one close to the bowl) rolled down the stem when pushing it through. Im assuming this is fine but i wasn’t sure if it’s supposed to have the oring basically at the edge of the condensor, because mine is likely closer to the middle, anyone know if this matters?

Regardless, it seems to work great. I’ll report back after more usage. But so far i’m pretty damn satisfied with this one.

Last edited:

Texus

Ti Convector arrived today and slapped it on my favorite stem, from Phat Piggie. Since still waiting on Inductor to arrive, pulled out the trusty Wand. For those with the Ti, how many flashes on the Wand are you using? From what I can tell, most Wand posts here are for the SS, and I wasn't getting much from the 10-14 flashes @Camouflet suggested in May. But my lowish Wand battery could also be an issue here too.

Datoneguy

had a few more bowls with my convector before starting a tbreak. Will test it more when the break ends.

First, the things i dislike. The heating is often uneven, not to a bothersome degree, but i often get a darker roast at the top of the bowl. Sometimes i get a pretty even roast though, so im not sure what change in technique caused that difference. Also tried stirring a couple times for a bowl and it helps as well.

Second, the screen the weed sits on gets dirty quickly and a straw method blowing out of the bowl might not clean that screen entirely, so i use a mighty brush to clean it after emptying a bowl. This could also partly be because im using a medium-fine grind atm. Regardless, that screen collects little bits that i feel the need to brush out.

That’s it, that’s my negatives. Wanted to emphasize them but tbh they pale in comparison to the positives.

Now for the things i like. The vapor is Tasty. The tastiest vape I have tried tbh. It’s the only vape I have tried where the 3rd hit of one of my bowls was tastier than the first 2-3 hits on any other vape. Part of this comes down to technique maybe but I’ve had a couple bowls where the 2nd or 3rd hit surpass the flavor of the first hit from other vapes. This one i found shocking, the 3rd hit of most vapes have little to no flavor for me usually, the convector still carries flavor into that 3rd hit, this is breaking some sort of vape paradigm for me lol.

Second, the single bore condensor works well. I don’t find the vapor harsh, but it does have a little bit of heat. Im liking that bit of heat so i can tell what kind of hit im getting and if i need to add more heat or not. I can usually tell within a couple seconds what kind of vapor im getting. I don’t have the quad bore to compare, but i can say im liking the single for learning the device and still getting just a little bit of satisfying heat.

I also love the cleaning of this device. Do you know to clean a vapcap? Cool, you basically know how to clean a Convector too. Disassembly and assembly are similar too between the devices. I cleaned my vapcap and convector at the same time recently, and i’d say the main difference is with a vapcap (small setting) you might struggle to put the screen back into place after cleaning. As for the Convector, you might struggle to put the orings back on the condensor and to put the condensor back into place. Each has a small spot of difficulty but for the most part, quick and easy.

Lastly, the form factor is perfect and the case works well. The vape is pretty convenient and it gives off great vapor. The effects definitely feel convection to me. After a month of vapcap use, the convector vapor signature was like a breath of fresh air. Just a brighter and energetic feeling coupled with a more detailed flavor profile. Really loving this vape, i’ll have to write something more detailed once i’ve passed an 1/8-1/4 through it. That’s all for now though. Peace.

Datoneguy

Have you guys been heating the very top of the cap where the holes are or have you been heating the very top of the cap area but from the side? Curious to know if one method has been superior or if it even matters at all. I’ve been doing from the side with a slow spin and im not even sure spinning matters at all, but dyna habits die hard i guess lol.

Also wondering if one method lends itself towards more convection (less conduction heat)? I assume it makes no difference in this regard but im curious if anyone has any opinions on this.

Perfect_Speed4069

I'm top down/bottom up, depending on which way you look at it. Not sure it makes much of a difference, but after trying from the side at first, I've found the single flame (vapman torch) at 90 degrees to the tip of cap (onto the holes) to be solid, consistent and saves me having to spin it

coolbreeze

Have you guys been heating the very top of the cap where the holes are or have you been heating the very top of the cap area but from the side? Curious to know if one method has been superior or if it even matters at all. I’ve been doing from the side with a slow spin and im not even sure spinning matters at all, but dyna habits die hard i guess lol.

Also wondering if one method lends itself towards more convection (less conduction heat)? I assume it makes no difference in this regard but im curious if anyone has any opinions on this.
I've done it glancing across the top and that works pretty well, but blasting straight down on it work at least as well for me. Blast til orange, wait a second or two, great convection hit. I usually let it cool again to keep it as convectiony as possible.

Datoneguy

So i tried heating the top surface where the holes are and i found myself getting vapor quicker but i also got more of a hotspot on the top. It could be my specific technique but the heating was less even for me when doing this.

I then did more of my vapcap style slow spin with my flame hitting some of the holes on top and the tip of the flame hitting the inner part of the side of the cap, so hitting from the side but just slightly angled down and i found that to work really well.

I ended up getting 10+ hits by slowly doing this and i found the heating to be overall more even. This may also just be because slower extraction leads to more evenness than going for quick extraction. This 10+ hit session was shocking to me because the load just kept going and some of the hits were on the larger side too. Of course, this also slowed down the session but it was nice to see this thing could pull tons of vapor out of so little.

The main thing I did to get some extra hits was, i would take 2-3 hits, then i would take off the cap and then remove any of the top layer that was brown/black, then i would stir slightly by tapping my finger on the side of the bowl and go at it again for 2 hits, remove the top layer again, stir and go. I found that i could remove that top layer 2-3 times before it was fully extracted. I vape outside so this wasn’t too bad of a process and i feel like got an extra 3-5 hits doing this. Is this necessary or worth it? Debatable. I think extraction is plenty thorough and good without doing this, but if you wanna darken every part of the bowl, im finding this technique helpful.

I also combusted cuz i forgot what i was doing at some point lol, so its a good technique imo but if you forget to only take 1 or 2 hits after removing a dark layer, you may combust on hit number 3. That dark layer at the top is what make combustion more likely imo. So removing it allows you to take more hits while cutting down risk of combustion. I also got my biggest hit after removing a top layer of dark bits. So its not like your getting wisps of trash vapor as you remove flower like this, there’s still some good hits in there.

Idk if just stirring normally and putting the dark bits somewhere else in the bowl is just as useful, it might be. I lost my pic so i was using a brush to loosen the top layer and remove the dark spots instead. Maybe i’ll use a toothpick to stir instead to see how that goes, i’ll edit and add a comparison here if i do so.

I enjoy slowly extracting every bit of vapor from flower like this. So its nice to know you can also take that approach if you want too.

This could all come down to personal technique, and im interested to see how other peoples testing goes, but for me, i think some form of stirring or at least removing the dark bits top layer a couple times will give you a couple more hits most likely. However, most of the time i have not been doing this and the efficiency and effects have still been great. But if you’re someone that is attached to seeing every bit of a bowl evenly dark, i think the technique described above is helpful.

This vape is pretty unique and it always seems get me excited about the vape itself as im using it lol. I’ll continue to test things further and will update here with anything i discover. But at some point i’ll maybe drop into the background and see what you guys figure out. Im not the heaviest user, so im only giving info based on more limited usage. I might use it tonight and discover that eveything i figured out last night doesn’t hold true and it was a fluke. So really, it might be more fruitful to see if others find that they are getting similar results or not. Im just observing as much as i can with my limited usage and im sharing it because its still a new vape.

But i wanna emphasize that you shouldn’t take my findings as gospel truth, and hopefully we’ll see more confirmation of what I observe or we’ll see people saying they have not observed anything like what i’ve experienced.

So ya, gonna try to deactivate for a bit and let others in the thread explore this vape further. I will say, this vape gets me excited about it whenever i use it. Even combustion was a surprisingly good experience, it only burned .01-.02 of flower, i didn’t cough and my vape barely smelled at all, maybe that was luck but the consequences of combustion felt less bothersome than most vapes. It continued to get me excited to learn the vape more and im hoping others that learn the device share things here because im gonna love testing out the findings of others down the line.

The vape isn’t perfect but gosh damn do i love it. Its the first time portable convection has gotten me to that desktop convection type of experience. Last night was the highest i’ve been in quite some time. 2-3 bowls and im flying. Definitely becoming a Convector fanboy the more i use it. Excited for others to get their hands on it to see what they think and what they discover about it.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

So i tried heating the top surface where the holes are and i found myself getting vapor quicker but i also got more of a hotspot on the top. It could be my specific technique but the heating was less even for me when doing this.

I then did more of my vapcap style slow spin with my flame hitting some of the holes on top and the tip of the flame hitting the inner part of the side of the cap, so hitting from the side but just slightly angled down and i found that to work really well.

I ended up getting 10+ hits by slowly doing this and i found the heating to be overall more even. This may also just be because slower extraction leads to more evenness than going for quick extraction. This 10+ hit session was shocking to me because the load just kept going and some of the hits were on the larger side too. Of course, this also slowed down the session but it was nice to see this thing could pull tons of vapor out of so little.

The main thing I did to get some extra hits was, i would take 2-3 hits, then i would take off the cap and then remove any of the top layer that was brown/black, then i would stir slightly by tapping my finger on the side of the bowl and go at it again for 2 hits, remove the top layer again, stir and go. I found that i could remove that top layer 2-3 times before it was fully extracted. I vape outside so this wasn’t too bad of a process and i feel like got an extra 3-5 hits doing this. Is this necessary or worth it? Debatable. I think extraction is plenty thorough and good without doing this, but if you wanna darken every part of the bowl, im finding this technique helpful.

I also combusted cuz i forgot what i was doing at some point lol, so its a good technique imo but if you forget to only take 1 or 2 hits after removing a dark layer, you may combust on hit number 3. That dark layer at the top is what make combustion more likely imo. So removing it allows you to take more hits while cutting down risk of combustion. I also got my biggest hit after removing a top layer of dark bits. So its not like your getting wisps of trash vapor as you remove flower like this, there’s still some good hits in there.

Idk if just stirring normally and putting the dark bits somewhere else in the bowl is just as useful, it might be. I lost my pic so i was using a brush to loosen the top layer and remove the dark spots instead. Maybe i’ll use a toothpick to stir instead to see how that goes, i’ll edit and add a comparison here if i do so.

I enjoy slowly extracting every bit of vapor from flower like this. So its nice to know you can also take that approach if you want too.

This could all come down to personal technique, and im interested to see how other peoples testing goes, but for me, i think some form of stirring or at least removing the dark bits top layer a couple times will give you a couple more hits most likely. However, most of the time i have not been doing this and the efficiency and effects have still been great. But if you’re someone that is attached to seeing every bit of a bowl evenly dark, i think the technique described above is helpful.

This vape is pretty unique and it always seems get me excited about the vape itself as im using it lol. I’ll continue to test things further and will update here with anything i discover. But at some point i’ll maybe drop into the background and see what you guys figure out. Im not the heaviest user, so im only giving info based on more limited usage. I might use it tonight and discover that eveything i figured out last night doesn’t hold true and it was a fluke. So really, it might be more fruitful to see if others find that they are getting similar results or not. Im just observing as much as i can with my limited usage and im sharing it because its still a new vape.

But i wanna emphasize that you shouldn’t take my findings as gospel truth, and hopefully we’ll see more confirmation of what I observe or we’ll see people saying they have not observed anything like what i’ve experienced.

So ya, gonna try to deactivate for a bit and let others in the thread explore this vape further. I will say, this vape gets me excited about it whenever i use it. Even combustion was a surprisingly good experience, it only burned .01-.02 of flower, i didn’t cough and my vape barely smelled at all, maybe that was luck but the consequences of combustion felt less bothersome than most vapes. It continued to get me excited to learn the vape more and im hoping others that learn the device share things here because im gonna love testing out the findings of others down the line.

The vape isn’t perfect but gosh damn do i love it. Its the first time portable convection has gotten me to that desktop convection type of experience. Last night was the highest i’ve been in quite some time. 2-3 bowls and im flying. Definitely becoming a Convector fanboy the more i use it. Excited for others to get their hands on it to see what they think and what they discover about it.
Great review, you put some things together for me where I went a similar path. I had similar issues with unevenness and I think part of it was just learning it: I was usually taking back-to-back hits because I mas messing around to figure it out. It retained a little heat, I think, and introduced a little conduction, which helped cook and dry the herb faster, while also keeping it retaining or building heat, I let it cool between hits now to keep the convection predominant.

For my own experience, both techniques you described just got easier with practice and everything got more even. I started out stirring but I don't usually need to now. I get my best results, though, if I fill it no more than 3/4 of the way.

For the blast, I let it get fully orange and then let it rest for ~2 seconds before I hit it. It cools just enough for a nice even hit, retains enough heat for a bit of volume. The glancing technique is like slow-roasting a Vapman, so nice and relaxing.

You said it, this is a great vape!

Perfect_Speed4069

If anyone on here from the UK is thinking of getting one of these excellent devices please message me, because I might have one you can have for free. I'm holding on to my titanium v2 (because it's lovely) but I have a well-used v1 and a lightly-used v2 steel that I don't need. I'm passing them along because I don't need them all, and they are both really nice pieces of kit. You'll get EITHER the 1 bore cooler OR the 4 bore cooler because those are all I have. If you'd prefer the other one @Camouflet are delightfully helpful. They will both be scrupulously cleaned in iso, and packaged in baggies. (FWIW - and the reason I'm giving away my only condensers - I use mine through a Revolve v1 stem or a glass WPA).

I'll try and amend this post/delete it when they're gone. Also, caveat emptor - I'm a bit disorganised, so it might take me a week or so to get to a postbox.
All my spare Convectors have gone.

And I can't amend my OG post. Can a Mod help and amend my post with the first line of this message, please?

Camouflet

Manufacturer
Here we demonstrate heating the Titanium Convector with a big torch. This method works with the Stainless Steel Convector as well but the Titanium Convector allows for even faster heat up and cool down times. Making it perfect for pairing with a larger-sized torch. We want to heat the Camo cap and heat plates within, evenly, as fast as possible.

In the video you can see that the material is brought to a dark color(seems to be most popular) but no ash or black smudging of the material occurs. If a lighter color of material is desired, simply apply shorter heat times.

Last edited:

kokolokokolokon

After playing more with the convector i see it is easier if you don’t try to make a one hit.
I like to use it more with small torches since i see no sense on use a super big torch with a tiny and fast device. If you want a faster heat up to can use a triple flame. And due to the fast heating the gas will last much more than a dynavap.

I see the hard part on the device is to get a full even abv without getting a roast top and a green bottom, so i use to fill just 1/3 of the chamber.

I would add some kind of integrated tool like dynavap on the cap, because you need it. Half of the material in the chamber falls on his own but the nearest material to the mesh doesn’t fall as essily.

When i use the stock stem i use to put a little mesh between the tip and stem conection because i ended with small strands on my mouth. And i use to wait a little to make another heat up because it can get very hot. But if i use another stem (like revolve or a glass stem with spikes) i don’t need it.

I dont know abiut the Ti version. I just have the SS with direct condenser.

I really like the vapor is similar to the grasshopper/hopper io (maybe you can do an electric convector ;);)), it is fast, flavorful and dense (if you know how to use it of course). Cause the fast heatings i can go with a single flame jobon like the next video for a looot of time since it has a very large gas tank.

I see optimal to heat it aiming between the side and the top with one flame, a flame to the side and a flame to the top with dual flame, and side-between-top with a triple flame.

Now: Clouds from back to back heat ups with the same bowl :D

coolbreeze

Something fun, the Camouflet Injector (alpha):

warren0728

so i have been using my camouflet ss without a ceramic insert and honestly i like it just fine but i'm thinking of picking up either a single bore or quad bore ceramic tube ... anybody use them both and have a preference (including preferring it with no insert)? i know the quad cools more and increases draw resistance ... so what does the single bore really bring to the table?

Top Bottom