• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Brilliant Cut Grinder

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Had to take advantage of the sale to get the medium and coarse plates. I imagine like a lot of people I'll end up using one 95% of the time, but GFL knocked it out of the park with this grinder: happy to throw some support their way and have the option to experiment with coarser grinds.

I think @Dan Morrison and a few others have mentioned preferring coarser grinds with full convection in the dedicated convection vaping thread and a few product specific threads. I initially went for the fine thinking it would maximize extraction, but it will be cool to experiment even if its just the last few percent in terms of the "optimality" scale :lol:.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Had to take advantage of the sale to get the medium and coarse plates. I imagine like a lot of people I'll end up using one 95% of the time, but GFL knocked it out of the park with this grinder: happy to throw some support their way and have the option to experiment with coarser grinds.

I think @Dan Morrison and a few others have mentioned preferring coarser grinds with full convection in the dedicated convection vaping thread and a few product specific threads. I initially went for the fine thinking it would maximize extraction, but it will be cool to experiment even if its just the last few percent in terms of the "optimality" scale :lol:.

Never regretted having bought all 3 plates…. always nice having OPTIONS…

SMART move, you never know how long a company/product will be around, and the small price difference to add a plate, means you now have a complete KIT! Don’t use my coarse plate often, but still glad I bought all 3.

CONGRATULATIONS on becoming the latest member of the ……. THREE PLATE CLUB!

gordontreeman

So I guess this is all still subject to change, but a stainless bcg is in theory coming this fall if everything goes well. Before ordering those two plates I wrote into gfl to ask if they had a color in stock (I need a plate for wednesdays, iykyk). When they confirmed they could help me out, I asked if an imminent stainless arrival might make me regret going all in.

They’re shooting for a stainless release later this fall, but they don’t anticipate having the pretty colors available for a while. The release is contingent on some manufacturing things working out, so don’t get violently angry at them (or me!) if that timing doesn’t work out!

redrum891

Is the BCG a go to because the quality is up there with santa cruz shredder and such but has different size plates?

Im wondering if anyone has tried the raw life grinder v3 compared to BCG, the raw grinder make some fluffy flower, perfect for joint rolling for sure...(can take a pic of the plate and grounded up flower if anyone is interested)

I hate to ask this in a bcg thread but why the bcg over the flower mill? shredder over the mill, plus the easy magnetic bottom that you can access your herb easily? I don't want to seem to be bad talking the BCG, I was going to grab it but with having the raw grinder, I didn't want another teeth grinder(even though the teeth on the raw is razor sharp), don't like my grinder getting gunked up on the teeth and smashing my herb(marketing tactic from FM that made me want it)

redrum891,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Is the BCG a go to because the quality is up there with santa cruz shredder and such but has different size plates?

I'm pretty sure BCG uses a higher grade quality aluminum than SCS... I also hate the newer SCS teeth, much prefer all the BCG teeth... A huge selling point is the lack of any threading, just magnets, along with the beautiful appearance... The biggest selling point again, is the side teeth in the lid that prevent it from ever locking up on you, which is unique from any other grinder...

I prefer it to the mill, because it gives me more control over the grind, just what I am used to, being a traditional grinder... FM is its own thing really imo and it's already been mentioned here. Check the more broad general herb grinder thread for more

redrum891

I'm pretty sure BCG uses a higher grade quality aluminum than SCS... I also hate the newer SCS teeth, much prefer all the BCG teeth... A huge selling point is the lack of any threading, just magnets, along with the beautiful appearance... The biggest selling point again, is the side teeth in the lid that prevent it from ever locking up on you, which is unique from any other grinder...

I prefer it to the mill, because it gives me more control over the grind, just what I am used to, being a traditional grinder... FM is its own thing really imo and it's already been mentioned here. Check the more broad general herb grinder thread for more
I figured it has been debated here, I googled and clicked on the fc results but it takes me to a page where nothing about it is being discussed :p

rip google, same with reddit. just a lot of other grinders being tested against another brand, maybe 2 were up that was an actual bcg v fm.

I just was curious the selling points on it. I really like the design a lot too but already have a premium teeth grinder, maybe I will pick a bcg one day to add to the collection :D

also what are some popular tools to scoop up grounded flower? I could find hardly anything on amazon, only one tool that was expensive as shit to be plastic, like $20... figured 3d printed parts or metal would be easy and cheap to produce a scooper. I saw one guy on youtube using a shovel looking spoon. I seen one on amazon, but it seemed a lot bigger. 6 inches long.
ty

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I figured it has been debated here, I googled and clicked on the fc results but it takes me to a page where nothing about it is being discussed :p
You will have better luck finding comparisons in the Herb Grinders thread. I think that will probably answer some of your other questions too.

also what are some popular tools to scoop up grounded flower?
I have a bunch of tools that I like but my two favorites are the Pax Tool from cannabis hardware and the OGB from The Rogue Wax Works. The latter I keep in my BCGs (and FM).

Shit Snacks

rip google, same with reddit. just a lot of other grinders being tested against another brand, maybe 2 were up that was an actual bcg v fm.

I just was curious the selling points on it. I really like the design a lot too but already have a premium teeth grinder, maybe I will pick a bcg one day to add to the collection :D

Yeah you just need to improve your searching skills I think, I usually do it fine directly here you can search specific thread, for keywords, there were definitely comparisons flower mill and BCG here on FC with photos somewhere...

also what are some popular tools to scoop up grounded flower? I could find hardly anything on amazon, only one tool that was expensive as shit to be plastic, like $20... figured 3d printed parts or metal would be easy and cheap to produce a scooper. I saw one guy on youtube using a shovel looking spoon. I seen one on amazon, but it seemed a lot bigger. 6 inches long.
ty

Yeah definitely Rogue, but also Delta 3D Studios, I like the plastic ones and non-magnetic metal for BCGU's particularly

gordontreeman

@redrum891 just my take, but the reason the BCG is a go to is its just a well thought out, premium product that really delivers, and I say this as someone who thought there was no way they could live up to the hype. They deliver a very consistent grind and require very little maintenance as the design mostly renders it unnecessary. My old space case had a good run, but required a semi-annual soaking in iso really get it clean where oils and such would smear and gunk it up. Now I just brush my bcg out every now and then.

I don't want to get too into comparisons in this thread, but I think there were too things that convinced me to try the BCG over the flowermill: first, I've seen enough complaints that on moist bud the flower mill is ineffective to make me at least notice and wonder about them. I never tried one so I can't comment there. The bigger one was the whole dust/body grinding issue they had and their response to it. I'm of the mindset that in business as in life trust is hard won and easily lost. The dust was a big loss of trust from me from a safety pov, and I didn't think their response was very satisfactory personally, but that is up to an individual to decide. Again, though, I went from vocally questioning whether the BCG hype was real and deserved to being a pretty big fan--it really is amazing.

Re: scoops a lot of them are unfortunately pricey. I have a nice wooden handled one from rogue wax works, but its magnetic so its kind of a pain with the BCG. At some point I'll look into a non-magnetic option. Lots of people like his grinder buddy scoop as well, but I'm not so keen on 3d printed plastic. Finally, a lot of people really do just use a lego shovel to great effect, so maybe that is the shovel you saw?

Shit Snacks

Re: scoops a lot of them are unfortunately pricey. I have a nice wooden handled one from rogue wax works, but its magnetic so its kind of a pain with the BCG. At some point I'll look into a non-magnetic option

Dude you have to upgrade to the non-magnetic metal version, changed my life lol have both of the non-magnetic ones and the plastics (Delta 3D offers a very nice high quality nylon version btw)

gordontreeman

Dude you have to upgrade to the non-magnetic metal version, changed my life lol have both of the non-magnetic ones and the plastics (Delta 3D offers a very nice high quality nylon version btw)
lol almost certainly. Its such a pain trying to move it juuuuuuust so to actually scoop up some flower and then get close enough to the magnet that it either all ends up on my desk or back in the grinder. I'll have to check his site and just get one next time they are in stock.

redrum891

Yeah you just need to improve your searching skills I think, I usually do it fine directly here you can search specific thread, for keywords, there were definitely comparisons flower mill and BCG here on FC with photos somewhere...

Yeah definitely Rogue, but also Delta 3D Studios, I like the plastic ones and non-magnetic metal for BCGU's particularly
@redrum891 just my take, but the reason the BCG is a go to is its just a well thought out, premium product that really delivers, and I say this as someone who thought there was no way they could live up to the hype. They deliver a very consistent grind and require very little maintenance as the design mostly renders it unnecessary. My old space case had a good run, but required a semi-annual soaking in iso really get it clean where oils and such would smear and gunk it up. Now I just brush my bcg out every now and then.

I don't want to get too into comparisons in this thread, but I think there were too things that convinced me to try the BCG over the flowermill: first, I've seen enough complaints that on moist bud the flower mill is ineffective to make me at least notice and wonder about them. I never tried one so I can't comment there. The bigger one was the whole dust/body grinding issue they had and their response to it. I'm of the mindset that in business as in life trust is hard won and easily lost. The dust was a big loss of trust from me from a safety pov, and I didn't think their response was very satisfactory personally, but that is up to an individual to decide. Again, though, I went from vocally questioning whether the BCG hype was real and deserved to being a pretty big fan--it really is amazing.

Re: scoops a lot of them are unfortunately pricey. I have a nice wooden handled one from rogue wax works, but its magnetic so its kind of a pain with the BCG. At some point I'll look into a non-magnetic option. Lots of people like his grinder buddy scoop as well, but I'm not so keen on 3d printed plastic. Finally, a lot of people really do just use a lego shovel to great effect, so maybe that is the shovel you saw?

temp scooper i just ordered. 3 inches, i love the bend on the ogb tool for storage.

redrum891,

gordontreeman

gordontreeman,

papa_ent

This has probably been asked but we are on page 138 so it is pretty buried at this point.

I got a BCG roughly 2019, definitely pre-Covid. The little plastic ring on the top that keeps the metal from grinding has come loose. I hold it in place to grind but it isnt ideal. Is there a recommended fix for that? Is there a particular glue to use for grinding something I am going to inhale? Have they fixed this issue so that if I buy another it will truly be the last grinder I ever buy? Thanks all.

gordontreeman

This has probably been asked but we are on page 138 so it is pretty buried at this point.

I got a BCG roughly 2019, definitely pre-Covid. The little plastic ring on the top that keeps the metal from grinding has come loose. I hold it in place to grind but it isnt ideal. Is there a recommended fix for that? Is there a particular glue to use for grinding something I am going to inhale? Have they fixed this issue so that if I buy another it will truly be the last grinder I ever buy? Thanks all.
Isn’t that plastic ring just friction fit?

redrum891

Those look kinda big man! I'm sure you can make it work, but I don't think you'll be keeping them in the grinder or able to easily dump into smaller vapes that use basket screens or dynavaps. If you mostly use injectors its probably groovy though!
anything like the ogb that's in stock? I cancelled that order, can grab ogb when back in stock

redrum891,

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
8ahd8bc630e21.jpg
Don’t overlook the Lego shovel— I wish the scoop were a bit deeper but it’s surprisingly consistent.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Yes add me to the THREE PLATE CLUB

Glad you made the cut!
Regarding the “wait”. Recently, a friend and co-worker asked me for recommendations as he wanted to get into herb vaping, he used ECig devices and was able to quit cigs. He was occasionally smoking roll up joints. He didn’t want to spend time researching, and trusted me. I gave him a list, Tinymight, accessories, etc. Loaned him a cheap 4-piece grinder, as it was better then the crap he had, to hold him over, till the BCG arrived.

The best part of it for me, is when he called in excitement after his first use, and said “Thanks, this is the BEST grinder I have ever used”!

He didn’t want to get the other 2 plates, but he ordered them soon after. ENJOY!

Top Bottom