Brilliant Cut Grinder

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Herb ripper does suffer from buildup though, which would be one reason for me to go with the polished one (although I'm not at all sure if the two correlate, just being precautionary). And since I already have two matte ones it also makes more sense. Plus I kind of like how a thing that'll last you a lifetime collects blemishes over the years but maybe thats just me lol

j3oomerang

I'd go matte for sure, not into shiny. Even on cars, always hated chrome. I have two Large BCGs in "processing" right now and I think I'm going to just stick with those. Only interested in the larger size so I'm going to skip this pre-order.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
I really don't like the way the new flat bottom looks.

BCGSS-P-M-Product-top-plate-bottom-whitebg.jpg

They mentioned on Instagram that they may do a special edition with a brilliant cut bottom piece too. I think I will wait for that because I have my 3 other BCGs to tide me over.
Good lookin out for those of us not super active on insta! I guess I ultimately am a function over form kind of person, but I also prefer the brilliant cut bottom 🙂.

When I emailed them during their last flash sale they mentioned it may be a while for colors. I’m not very knowledgeable, what options are there to color stainless? I’m not even clear how aluminum is done. I thought it was an anodized finish, but there was some hubbub about them being dyed semi recently on Reddit?

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
When I emailed them during their last flash sale they mentioned it may be a while for colors. I’m not very knowledgeable, what options are there to color stainless? I’m not even clear how aluminum is done. I thought it was an anodized finish, but there was some hubbub about them being dyed semi recently on Reddit?
It has been confirmed by CFL many times on this thread and elsewhere that it is anodized. For your other question, Shit Snacks provided the answer a little while ago:
You and @Grass Yes were right apparently! I was just told the stainless steel will be inside of an aluminum shell so it can have the same colors and be a bit more affordable... You guys really called it, I'm very excited now, thinking sapphire outside with that brushed steel inside... They say this will be ready a little after the four-piece, and that they still plan to eventually also release a version that is entirely stainless steel (though I don't believe that one will have colors and it will be much more expensive)
So, a color shell for the SS ones.

I gotta say im really disappointed by the coarse grind plate. Its useless for me. I should have gone with fine or medium for my 2nd BCG. I will sell it i think.
It's funny the difference in prefrences. I prefer the coarse plate for both the Anvil and the TM. But it makes sense that what you had was working well for you.

CaptBongRipper

Life goes on, man...
I finally ordered one a few weeks ago during their sale. But now I am having second thoughts as I'd rather have stainless steel just because I like stainless steel better than aluminum. But I am torn about changing things up as it is already taking forever and I know changing the order at this point would make my wait even longer.

What to do...

CaptBongRipper

Life goes on, man...
Keep the aluminum for on the go is my plan and if I like it upgrade to the ss once that comes with the nicer bottom and perhaps some color.
Thank, I think I'm with you. Also, I'm not worried about breathing in microscopic aluminum shavings at all as I am of the George Carlin school of thought when it comes to germs, etc. My only thought was stainless steel would be a bit stronger and more durable than aluminum.

Edit: I just compared what I paid for the large BCG three plate set to the cost of the SS version (no large yet) and it was nearly $100 more for the stainless steel regular version!

I think I'm good with the aluminum one or as Emily Litella used to say "Never mind..."

Last edited:

checkyourlibido

Thank, I think I'm with you. Also, I'm not worried about breathing in microscopic aluminum shavings at all as I am of the George Carlin school of thought when it comes to germs, etc. My only thought was stainless steel would be a bit stronger and more durable than aluminum.
That's a polarizing topic. I agree with you, but I do still sometimes rotate in an aluminum grinder. But to me, if someone has doubts, better not to regret a purchase later. The price difference is not one that I care about with health related subjects. Even when there isn't enough evidence and it just makes me feel a little better on a mental level.

Steel28

That's a polarizing topic. I agree with you, but I do still sometimes rotate in an aluminum grinder. But to me, if someone has doubts, better not to regret a purchase later. The price difference is not one that I care about with health related subjects. Even when there isn't enough evidence and it just makes me feel a little better on a mental level.
This is 100%. This debate between justifying SS can be closed.

checkyourlibido

The debate I'm more interested in, is whether the polished will stay cleaner inside. I like to be as close to zero maintenance as possible. And I don't care about some character marks over time on the outside, so I'm leaning towards polished.

I know I said I won't buy this because it isn't large. But here I am, still contemplating lol. I'm just thrilled that stainless is going live. But really, I think I'll wait, probably, maybe.

CaptBongRipper

Life goes on, man...
This is 100%. This debate between justifying SS can be closed.
Are you saying there is no point in going back and forth any more about it? I'm certainly no expert, but it seems there are valid arguments for aluminum vs. stainless steel. Or am I missing something here? Thanks in advance.

CaptBongRipper,
Top Bottom