Brilliant Cut Grinder

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I use the medium plate 98% of the time. I never use the coarse plate.
I only have/use medium plate(large model). Quite happy as-is.
But I might also be okay with a coarse grind plate, especially if it might make grinding marginally easier. Is that your experience, any easier?
I just had a double-procedure wrist and thumb surgery THIS MORNING. WOOT!

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I only have/use medium plate(large model). Quite happy as-is.
But I might also be okay with a coarse grind plate, especially if it might make grinding marginally easier. Is that your experience, any easier?
I just had a double-procedure wrist and thumb surgery THIS MORNING. WOOT!

I didn’t feel a noticeable difference, but I might if I had a hand injury. I dunno.

Either way, glad to hear that the surgery went ok (I assume it must have if you are typing here). Be careful :tup:

Ramahs,

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
“The Original Brilliant Cut Grinder will soon be phased out of production and a new upgraded version will then be released.

If you love the Original BCG, then grab one while you still can.

PS: The new version will have a flat bottom to the grinder, and only feature the brilliant-cut geometry on the top.”

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Also having the bottom be flat actually makes more practical sense so it doesn't wobble at all on the table, perhaps not feeling as good cupped in your hand, but I feel like that is not the most common way to hold it anyway haha sure saves time and money while no one will see the bottom and you can always tell them apart better now! Still waiting for that steel hybrid model, wonder if it will have flat bottom too...? Also nice that they do 15% off for the sales now instead of 10, bit more than just shipping!

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I’m a little confused, maybe because I call the “small” the original. Does this mean the large will continue to have a faceted bottom? Or does original apply to both sizes, meaning all sizes will have a flat bottom?

I think there are pluses to both designs, would be nice to keep both as an option even if it caused a price increase for the original, IMHO.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I have sometimes wished that the bottom wasn't facetted like the top. More stable on a surface, and since my BCG is same color top and bottom, it would be easier to see which is which at a glance.
But, it also has a nice feel, the facets all over, and makes the design more distinctive.
Not gonna go nuts over this, as I may already have my grinder for life here...

I wonder if the new style and old will be compatible parts?

flowerstash

I have sometimes wished that the bottom wasn't facetted like the top. More stable on a surface, and since my BCG is same color top and bottom, it would be easier to see which is which at a glance.

The bottom section of the 4-piece wasn't faceted. It did make it super-easy to tell which end was up, but it didn't feel as nice in the hand.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
New version is steel I hope??

No mention of that yet, so there is no reason to hope for that, there is still going to be a steel version, it is just taking longer than expected for them to release it clearly (plan was for the steel interior aluminum outerior version and then an eventual all steel version so at this point they will probably have the flat bottoms when they finally come out)

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Grass Yes
Top Bottom