Brilliant Cut Grinder

BestBuds

The Dude
Keep your BCGs brushed and clean, folks. It's an amazing grinder for sure, but physics can and will catch up with you eventually.

Capture.jpg
Not that I would ever challenge this Dude's title of stickiest ickiest BCG, but that's nice to hear @Shit Snacks I hate cleaning my grinder. I really can't wait for this thing to arrive! I'm so giddy!

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
I went with all silver because it's the lightest color. I thought it'd give the best contrast to the dark flowers, making it easier to see the bits that need to be brushed out or when it's time to for a cleaning. Every little bit helps, the old eyes ain't what they used to be. 👀

the ob

all good in the hood.
I went with all silver because it's the lightest color. I thought it'd give the best contrast to the dark flowers, making it easier to see the bits that need to be brushed out or when it's time to for a cleaning. Every little bit helps, the old eyes ain't what they used to be. 👀
I’ve had the same thoughts. I’ve considered all silver. Also rhe sapphire because of the contrast with the greenAlso silver would show less scratches I think.

the ob

all good in the hood.
I can’t do it. I’ve literally been creating color combinations non-stop for roughly 84 hours straight :).
I’m giving myself till the end of the day to come up with a combo I can live with. :)
In the meantime, I would appreciate any photos of color combinations for reference :). Thanks in advance!

SquirrelMaster

I have been trying to order for over a week but can’t because I can’t narrow down what color I want for each part.
I wish this was a joke. :)
It took me quite a while to decide when I made my original order. I have a hard time visualizing and their preview tool wasn't available so I was photoshopping different color combos to see what the end result would look like. Sapphire and emerald were at the top of my list and I ended up with a medium sapphire BCG and amethyst coarse and aquamarine fine plates.

For my large I went with Amber and I regret it. Some of the photos make the coloring look very orange but mine is more copper. Function is great and the color is growing on me but if anyone interested in the amber it is grossly misrepresented when I compare mine to the picture on the website.

Yep, I was there too. I started at green red and gold, ended up with silver and gold. :freak:
It was a mental journey through indecisive procrastination. :myday: :razz:

So if my grinder got super sticky icky I would use iso and salt to grind out the hard to get stuff. Is that advisable in the BC?
I would be worried that salt might wreck the anodizing. I place mine in ISO and barely let it soak before taking an ISO soaked q-tip to it which always cleans it nicely.

Re: the color issue.
Does anyone else do a combo and immediately think of some college/professional team colors and immediately decide they could NEVER do that combo? It happened to me a lot. Or is happening I mean :)
PS. A white option would be nice to add to the mix.
Hell no, team colors are a great inspiration! Buy whatever appeals to you most is my thinking. If you have a few combos that stick out about the rest I would screen shot each one and then randomly flip through the pictures and I bet one will still out above the rest. Or you'll end up with multiple grinders :lol:. White definitely needs to be added, I've had a Canadian flag BCG in my head for while as I think it would be a cool combo. White would really broaden the inspiration for country flags and sports team setups. An all white BCG, though not necessarily for me also sounds like something that would be very popular. The more choices the better imo.

Edit: I'll have to read through that @Summer I didn't realize white wasn't a possibility.

the ob

all good in the hood.
It took me quite a while to decide when I made my original order. I have a hard time visualizing and their preview tool wasn't available so I was photoshopping different color combos to see what the end result would look like. Sapphire and emerald were at the top of my list and I ended up with a medium sapphire BCG and amethyst coarse and aquamarine fine plates.

For my large I went with Amber and I regret it. Some of the photos make the coloring look very orange but mine is more copper. Function is great and the color is growing on me but if anyone interested in the amber it is grossly misrepresented when I compare mine to the picture on the website.

I would be worried that salt might wreck the anodizing. I place mine in ISO and barely let it soak before taking an ISO soaked q-tip to it which always cleans it nicely.

Hell no, team colors are a great inspiration! Buy whatever appeals to you most is my thinking. If you have a few combos that stick out about the rest I would screen shot each one and then randomly flip through the pictures and I bet one will still out above the rest. Or you'll end up with multiple grinders :lol:. White definitely needs to be added, I've had a Canadian flag BCG in my head for while as I think it would be a cool combo. White would really broaden the inspiration for country flags and sports team setups. An all white BCG, though not necessarily for me also sounds like something that would be very popular. The more choices the better imo.

Edit: I'll have to read through that @Summer I didn't realize white wasn't a possibility.
First, thanks for the awesome reply.
The combos I am considering are….
Top -sapphire
Middle - aquamarine
Bottom -sapphire
Fine plate -rose gold
Corse plate -hematite
Or just all sapphire or all silver. Or a hematite combo :)
I know white is not possible, but I’d love it!
I’d also love a brown color in the mix. I’d dig a brown/blue combo.
PS. I’ve been worried that the color combo tool is not accurately depicting the colors in the site. It’s one of the things giving me fits :)

Last edited:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I embraced my inner comic book geek with this, the Incredible Hulk, joker, green goblin for my medium plate 20792CB0-7CA1-451F-8FFE-A2BC79694059.png
For my course a thunderstorm in the forest
6A647E9A-9274-427F-B2DF-56F982750700.png
And to remind me of my birthday a pumpkin hidden between two leaves
437363AB-3C19-468D-99A4-DDCB463B38BE.png

the ob

all good in the hood.
Is this aquamarine? Is this more accurate than the preview tool?
I like this top and bottom with emerald middle.
I like the orange looking amber of the preview tool but not if it's copper.

lp29lixf0aj41.jpg
I just posted about this. I think this might be sky blue which is no longer a color offered, but I am not totally sure.

the ob,

SquirrelMaster

First, thanks for the awesome reply.
The combos I am considering are….
Top -sapphire
Middle - aquamarine
Bottom -sapphire
Fine plate -rose gold
Corse plate -hematite
Or just all sapphire or all silver. Or a hematite combo :)
I know white is not possible, but I’d love it!
I’d also love a brown color in the mix. I’d dig a brown/blue combo.
PS. I’ve been worried that the color combo tool is not accurately depicting the colors in the site. It’s one of the things giving me fits :)
I'm biased towards sapphire, I love blue and it's such a nice deep blue. That aquamarine is also lovely so your top combo would be perfect. I like the idea of different colors for each plate as it makes it easier to identify them when you're swapping so that may be something to keep in mind. Not that it helps you decision making but I think a top and bottom sapphire with any color for plates will look good. Sapphire looks so GOOD, the picture on the site don't do the in person finish justice.

That combo above is hematite, sky blue/aqua marine, sapphire I believe. The name sky blue was changed to aqua marine so the naming is the same for all colors. The color should still be the same, or relatively close. Also try not to double post unless you can't edit your original post (after a length of time) as per forum rules.

the ob

all good in the hood.
I'm biased towards sapphire, I love blue and it's such a nice deep blue. That aquamarine is also lovely so your top combo would be perfect. I like the idea of different colors for each plate as it makes it easier to identify them when you're swapping so that may be something to keep in mind. Not that it helps you decision making but I think a top and bottom sapphire with any color for plates will look good. Sapphire looks so GOOD, the picture on the site don't do the in person finish justice.

That combo above is hematite, sky blue/aqua marine, sapphire I believe. The name sky blue was changed to aqua marine so the naming is the same for all colors. The color should still be the same, or relatively close. Also try not to double post unless you can't edit your original post (after a length of time) as per forum rules.
Sorry. Forgot. So you think the above image (with the three colors) is the hematite on top and not silver? That is a very interesting combination.
Yes. I love sapphire as well. It’s in all my combinations:)

the ob,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

It's not just the website, if you look at my photos, the middle plate on my large does look pretty orange doesn't it? It is the lighting of the pictures I think that makes it come out more orange, but in person yeah it is pretty copper and only looks orange in certain lighting really... I'm glad I did not get an entire amber BCG and just the middle plate! I also was hoping my hematite would look more blue, but that was just the early versions of it I guess!

Yeah it's not accurate, it'll give you an idea, good to decide on a combo, but they're not real life photos... I'd suggest browsing through their Instagram instead, that's what I've done, along with this thread, to find more real-life photos of the different colors (Also just Google of course)

Combo?
can anyone identify this combination?
It almost looks like silver/sky blue/sapphire. And sky blue is no longer available if I understand correctly….

I think you are correct, I think it is silver sky blue onyx, but again lighting can affect the colors in the photos, and also who knows how long ago this was taken as the colors have changed slightly from the earliest runs, that could be why the sky blue looks different here...

Sorry. Forgot. So you think the above image (with the three colors) is the hematite on top and not silver? That is a very interesting combination.
Yes. I love sapphire as well. It’s in all my combinations:)

No I think that is definitely silver on top, but yeah there's no way to know for sure! The more photos you stare at the more you'll realize it's very difficult to tell really... I love the sapphire aquamarine silver hematite colors together, so I think you need to decide which one you want to be top and bottom, to look like the gems, which one you would want to be the bottom holding your herb, which ones you want to be teeth, if you want a middle stripe etc. Feel free to send Instagram message to them, and they can send you photos of any combo in person too...

Anyone here seen Steven Universe? (Highly recommended feel good fun cartoon) they have crystal gem characters that can combine into fusions, so all the precious gem colors and combos here have become even more fun for me now lol think I might want another large, Ruby top Sapphire bottom amethyst coarse plate (and/or extra coarse plate??) which would be the character Garnet :razz:

the ob

all good in the hood.
One of the main things I am taking into consideration is this….

I have this weird issue with not liking things to look “top-heavy”. This goes for anything. Words on a page, colors, shapes etc. so definitely want something that looks lighter on top and gets darker as it goes down.

another consideration is colors that “technically” work together. Almost from a color-wheel perspective.

lastly what colors with be the best contrast to the flower (green). From that standpoint, I believe the sapphire on the bottom will be best for me, so that seems to be the one part I feel set on.

I have also thought about my OCD tendencies relating to scratches. This leads me to consider silver on top as I believe silver will show less wear and then if the muddle plates are bugging me, I could also just purchase a middle silver :)

bot that I’ve thought about any of this at all :)
One would think I literally have nothing else going on in my life atm… not sleeping helps :)

Shit Snacks

One of the main things I am taking into consideration is this….

I have this weird issue with not liking things to look “top-heavy”. This goes for anything. Words on a page, colors, shapes etc. so definitely want something that looks lighter on top and gets darker as it goes down.

another consideration is colors that “technically” work together. Almost from a color-wheel perspective.

lastly what colors with be the best contrast to the flower (green). From that standpoint, I believe the sapphire on the bottom will be best for me, so that seems to be the one part I feel set on.

I have also thought about my OCD tendencies relating to scratches. This leads me to consider silver on top as I believe silver will show less wear and then if the muddle plates are bugging me, I could also just purchase a middle silver :)

bot that I’ve thought about any of this at all :)
One would think I literally have nothing else going on in my life atm… not sleeping helps :)

Trust me my dude I know the feeling! Throwing myself into these decisions agonizing over them day and night, these meaningless decisions where all things are really equal are the toughest! :mental:

So honestly I think you would notice wearing down in the middle plate easier than in the lid, because when you open it to load you are looking down into the middle plate... The top plate you don't often look down at the teeth, but you do often look at the top of it when it is sitting closed on your table... Now the top are so beautiful that they all look great, but that is what makes me want to do colorful tops (especially now that I have hematite top and bottom for my large, I like seeing my full aquamarine and amethyst that look like true gems) so if it helps you at all I am thinking maybe for you to do aquamarine top with silver middle and sapphire bottom??

For my hypothetical Garnet large, since Ruby would be on the top and Sapphire on the bottom, I was thinking when it wasn't loaded with herbs but I might often set it upside down on the table as well, so I could have sapphire top to look at but also the bottom when loaded with herbs... Not that I don't like Ruby too! They're all too beautiful

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: the ob

the ob

all good in the hood.
Trust me my dude I know the feeling! Throwing myself into these decisions agonizing over them day and night, these meaningless decisions where all things are really equal are the toughest! :mental:

So honestly I think you would notice wearing down in the middle plate easier than in the lid, because when you open it to load you are looking down into the middle plate... The top plate you don't often look down at the teeth, but you do often look at the top of it when it is sitting closed on your table... Now the top are so beautiful that they all look great, but that is what makes me want to do colorful tops (especially now that I have hematite top and bottom for my large, I like seeing my full aquamarine and amethyst that look like true gems) so if it helps you at all I am thinking maybe for you to do aquamarine top with silver middle and sapphire bottom??

For my hypothetical Garnet large, since Ruby would be on the top and Sapphire on the bottom, I was thinking when it wasn't loaded with herbs but I might often set it upside down on the table as well, so I could have sapphire top to look at but also the bottom when loaded with herbs... Not that I don't like Ruby too! They're all too beautiful
Which ones do you have? Pics? ;). Ugh. Now I don’t know again…… not your fault though.

the ob,

Shit Snacks

Which ones do you have? Pics? ;). Ugh. Now I don’t know again…… not your fault though.

Haha sorry I was trying to help! I like the silver sapphire aquamarine... I posted many photos of mine in here if you skim through backwards, I also posted photos of them in other threads but those are harder to track down! Perhaps the main grinder thread

Last edited:
Shit Snacks,
Reactions: the ob

the ob

all good in the hood.
Haha sorry I was trying to help! I like the silver sapphire aquamarine... I posted many photos of mine in here if you skim through backwards, I thought posted photos of them and other threads but those are harder to track down! Perhaps the main grinder thread
It’s all good. Toes not take much to make me change my mind.

It’s going to be hilarious when I just end up ordering all silver cause I can’t take it any more. :)

Top Bottom