Brilliant Cut Grinder

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Any news on the SS version? Maybe I should just order the normal one :brow:

All the news on SS has been shared here already, we've said autumn estimate...

Question I could not find the answer to…

generally speaking it seems like anodized grinders will eventually show some wear (scratches etc). I wonder if the silver would be less likely to show the same wear and tear.

Side note, I wonder if ordering the silver could potentially speed up the manufacturing time? :)

Yeah the silver is still anodized aluminum color, it is not raw aluminum, so yeah it's not going to make a difference on manufacturing time or the level of wear, though yes you may not notice the wear as much? Eh

@BestBuds seemed like it was the gold and amber colors that had to be redone

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
My BCG LG, order was delayed because of redoing the anodizing on the GOLD plate. Since after 7 weeks I was not in a hurry, I let it ride, even though they offered to ship the rest before the plate was redone. Another reason I attempt to order complete kits, is a BELIEF, that for some products, they company should make sure ALL the parts FIT & WORK, before it ships. In the case of a grinder and the 3 plates, probably not a real consideration. 10 weeks later, and I’m done with grinders, I’m sure the aluminum will last me.....

ADDING: I emailed BCG twice, and received a response in 24 hours, can’t say that about a lot of companies these days.

Last edited:

doctapeppa

My BCG LG, order was delayed because of redoing the anodizing on the GOLD plate. Since after 7 weeks I was not in a hurry, I let it ride, even though they offered to ship the rest before the plate was redone. Another reason I attempt to order complete kits, is a BELIEF, that for some products, they company should make sure ALL the parts FIT & WORK, before it ships. In the case of a grinder and the 3 plates, probably not a real consideration. 10 weeks later, and I’m done with grinders, I’m sure the aluminum will last me.....
I really wish they would offer a "Send me whatever color/combination is ready the fastest" option. Something else they could do is maybe give you an estimated time that each color would take to ship. They could also, when past the time they've quoted you, maybe.....say: "Hey customer, we know you've been patiently waiting and want to update you on your order....there's a delay because xxxxx". They have a unique product that takes them a long time to get to the customer..plus covid....I get that. And also I love the BCG. Their product is great. Undoubtedly the best grinder...but this company majorly sucks for lots of reasons, imo. I'm not sure why they get so much love here.

the ob

all good in the hood.
I really wish they would offer a "Send me whatever color/combination is ready the fastest" option. Something else they could do is maybe give you an estimated time that each color would take to ship. They could also, when past the time they've quoted you, maybe.....say: "Hey customer, we know you've been patiently waiting and want to update you on your order....there's a delay because xxxxx". They have a unique product that takes them a long time to get to the customer..plus covid....I get that. And also I love the BCG. Their product is great. Undoubtedly the best grinder...but this company majorly sucks for lots of reasons, imo. I'm not sure why they get so much love here.
Guessing cause they have a great product :). Companies can have average products, and amazing customer service while being engaging.

They can have such amazing products that they don’t necessarily have to have great customer service.

I’ve personally always been of the opinion they if you are are doing well, but your service is not great, eventually someone will come up with a comparable product and great service and they will eventually take your market share. :)

Shit Snacks

Also to me their customer service is amazing, if you reach out to contact them, I'm sure they would tell you which color would be the possible quickest, I was able to get a custom lighter amethyst like the original beta runs to be more fuchsia color, other members have posted specific requests being honored as well... I don't know, service experience really is subjective!

SquirrelMaster

The “showing” is the part that will bug me. I think. That being said, the colors are nice.
The spots on mine are TINY. I have to really look to see them right now. The more careful you are with loading it, the better chance you'll have of it not wearing. That's why the large is better imo, with the loading zones and massive diameter you can load a lot of bud and the two halves sandwich together easier. Time will tell how mine wears but I am loving it so far.

Guessing cause they have a great product :). Companies can have average products, and amazing customer service while being engaging.

They can have such amazing products that they don’t necessarily have to have great customer service.

I’ve personally always been of the opinion they if you are are doing well, but your service is not great, eventually someone will come up with a comparable product and great service and they will eventually take your market share. :)
Once GFL makes a SS version I think they'll have the high end covered (if it preforms like the aluminum). Unless someone makes a grinder that's at least as easy to use without the center post in the bottom and in stainless (if you're going for durability among ease of use) or aluminum with choice of color at purchase (being cheaper wouldn't hurt) then I bet GFL will be fine.

@doctapeppa I agree that their customer service needs improvement, their communication has been spotty in the past. I've had some unanswered emails over the years though they've been better lately. That said, they make a fucking amazing grinder. Nothing touches it for ease of use. It grinds so effortlessly, you can pack it full and it just rips through flower. The grind consistency is very good. The fully magnetic design makes it fast to use and easier of wrists. I couldn't give a damn about a few missed emails or a couple weeks longer on delivery when the end product blows everything else away. Also it's beautiful. I get the hesitancy of spending that much on a grinder when wear will still happen eventually but your alternative is any other stainless on the market at a much higher cost (unless you're in EU possibly?) and they don't compare to the BCG when it comes to the points I mentioned above. It's just really that good of a grinder imo.

I'd advise that anyone that's interested in a stainless steel BCG should email Grinders for Life and let them know. I feel like this won't be produced in higher volumes so the more anticipated demand, the better. Or maybe it won't matter, I don't know, I ground up a bunch of Kush Mints x Secret Cookies 11 and ripped the VapBong and I'm really high. Everything I just wrote might be non-sense :rofl::leaf:.

Shit Snacks

I bet they do another pre-order and discount for the stainless like they did with the large!

Here are my three BCG with my new aromatizer bandit arrival and the original one, plus my current go to portables:

PXL-20210430-004350050.jpg

PXL-20210430-003557493.jpg

PXL-20210430-005535302.jpg

And yet I still feel like I want more! Aside from the steel, I could easily see another large in my future, unless of course the steel is available in similar colors?? But I am expecting one plain silver type color, hoping for a high gloss polished chrome though!

Shit Snacks

I might be in the minority, but I hope the stainless version is in the small size.
Steel is too heavy for me for large sized grinders

It was also mentioned that it is probably going to be 2.5 in, between the two current sizes, I suppose as a compromise... I was thinking they should come out with a mini!

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
I got my large on Monday and I have avoided posting because I am not very impressed with the performance ... there are always greens left to grind on the fine plate. My greens are not completely dry ... they have ideal humidity and they are not that sticky. In my gr8tr v1 this does not happen ... @BestBuds ?
I think the media plate is too coarse for me but maybe a few turns upside down? @Shit Snacks

GoldenBud

I got my large on Monday and I have avoided posting because I am not very impressed with the performance ... there are always greens left to grind on the fine plate. My greens are not completely dry ... they have ideal humidity and they are not that sticky. In my gr8tr v1 this does not happen ... @BestBuds ?
I think the media plate is too coarse for me but maybe a few turns upside down? @Shit Snacks
it needs some gentle slapping on the upper plate for everything go down ... tiny disavdvantage but overall great grinder

GoldenBud,

Shit Snacks

If you're using very moist dense stuff, I'd recommend breaking into smaller pieces to load in between the teeth as I do if you are not already... I do find that consistency of herb takes more turns to get it all down into the chamber, and as always I poke out any loose bits from the teeth with a toothpick afterwards...

It's funny though because I've been thinking how well my large has been working, staying clean after each use, I feel like the larger surface has been helping though it is brand new of course that could be the main reason lol My original aquamarine is coming up on two years never been cleaned, and the buildup is finally starting to be more noticeable with a lot more to clean out afterwards (though this is the one I use the most for upside down grinding with my fine plate) and tougher to do so... I'll post photos when I clean!

Yeah I really do want a coarse plate, perhaps for my regular size and my large size BCG, or maybe I will get a whole other BCG, wouldn't be surprised haha

the ob

all good in the hood.
Interesting.
I am will be curious to see if your opinion changes over time.
Whenever there is a product that is as hard to get as this one, I think they can be so highly anticipated, that when you finally receive and use them it can feel like a letdown? Or not :)

BestBuds

The Dude
That's wild stuff because that's exactly why I hate my gr8tr. Stuff is always left behind.

I should get my bcg next week

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
The medium plate does seem to deliver different results depending on strain. My supply is kept at 62%, but the “Green Crack”, MED grind is a bit coarser. Other strains at same humidity level, can be closer to fine. I’d expect the same results basically with another grinder, good test for someone that owns other grinders.

Gomaruana

Got my order through, I couldn't wait any longer for the SS version. I got the large with medium grind plate, amber everything plus a debowler. Now the waiting game begins. The miniature Herborizer grinder is the best one I have at the moment, so I guess it will be a significant improvement. I used to have a spacecase, I was very happy with it even though it gunked up and lost some of it's black color on the teeth.

BestBuds

The Dude
Yep, I was there too. I started at green red and gold, ended up with silver and gold. :freak:
It was a mental journey through indecisive procrastination. :myday: :razz:

So if my grinder got super sticky icky I would use iso and salt to grind out the hard to get stuff. Is that advisable in the BC?

Shit Snacks

Yep, I was there too. I started at green red and gold, ended up with silver and gold. :freak:
It was a mental journey through indecisive procrastination. :myday: :razz:

So if my grinder got super sticky icky I would use iso and salt to grind out the hard to get stuff. Is that advisable in the BC?

I don't see why salt would be necessary, I'm just planning to shake mine in a bag of iso (each piece separate) then rinse with hot water and scrub with a soft toothbrush

the ob

all good in the hood.
Re: the color issue.
Does anyone else do a combo and immediately think of some college/professional team colors and immediately decide they could NEVER do that combo? It happened to me a lot. Or is happening I mean :)
PS. A white option would be nice to add to the mix.

Top Bottom