Brilliant Cut Grinder

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Drat. No new grinder for me then!

Try contacting them, maybe they can work with you for another carrier option!

... And now I have the large hematite with medium plate in my cart... Realized with the basic shipping option and discount there's a little more taken off, so just under $100 shipped vs 75 for a regular amber with coarse plate... Hmmmmm what to do?

kazz

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
I'm going to post a rare complaint about the Brilliant Cut grinder. My large arrived earlier this week, and the finish it too slick! If I even lightly load the grinder, it just slips in my grip rather than grinding. I even put on a pair of latex gloves to try w/o success, it still slips in my grip.

Anyone have suggestions on how to increase the surface friction of the exterior? It is literally useless to me as it is...

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I'm going to post a rare complaint about the Brilliant Cut grinder. My large arrived earlier this week, and the finish it too slick! If I even lightly load the grinder, it just slips in my grip rather than grinding. I even put on a pair of latex gloves to try w/o success, it still slips in my grip.

Anyone have suggestions on how to increase the surface friction of the exterior? It is literally useless to me as it is...

Hmmm...that seems to be an odd problem, but if you have hand issues then I can understand.

Wrapping some rubber bands around a grinder is always one way to add grip.

Cutting off a circular piece of a bicycle inner tube that's a bit smaller than the grinder and stretching it on is another good way.

Last edited:

fak

The Dude
Thank you very much
I had already ordered the day 23/1 but an email to Kathleen and voilá ... they made the discount on the order already placed. I took advantage and added a fine plate for 20 €
:rockon:
I ordered mine February 1st, I sent them an email yesterday hopefully they can retroactively apply the coupon. Now I'm thinking do I want to maybe just get two more tops and bottoms and just have three grinders XD

SquirrelMaster

There should not be that much wear on a plate, I've never seen a BCG even remotely close to that bad. That plate is either a lemon or the user (is it yours?) was really hard on it, at least that's my best guess. I'd be contacting GFL if it was my plate but I know I'm not hard on my gear.

I have a tiny spot on my center post that the anodizing wore off, and I would suspect most have some sort of wear if they examine their grinders closely. If the BCG actually gummed off more of us might actually them lol. I think the whole "aluminum is bad, don't buy (insert aluminum) grinder" is completely over blown. When I cook, I line baking sheets with aluminum foil for temperatures above what my silicone mats can handle so the idea of potentially vaping a tiny piece of anodizing over the 1000's of bowls I've packed doesn't seem worth worrying about given how Aluminim is in my life otherwise.

I ordered mine February 1st, I sent them an email yesterday hopefully they can retroactively apply the coupon. Now I'm thinking do I want to maybe just get two more tops and bottoms and just have three grinders XD

3 grinders :D. What can I say, I'm an enabler :lol:.

kazz

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Hmmm...that seems to be an odd problem, but if you have hand issues then I can understand.

Wrapping some rubber bands around a grinder is always one way to add grip.

Cutting off a circular piece of a bicycle inner tube that's a bit smaller than the grinder and stretching it on is another good way.

I've tried rubber bands--they slide as well. Hadn't thought about a strip of innertube.

Thanks!

Shit Snacks

I've tried rubber bands--they slide as well. Hadn't thought about a strip of innertube.

Thanks!

You could also try like, puff paint or something similar, not sure how permanent it would stick to the outside of the BCG, but yeah something like that to add little grips? Rubber with adhesive?? Shame to have to do that, but more of a shame to not be able to grip it! Other option is, workout gloves?

That is a trade off, the design looks so beautiful, but it is more slick compared to like I know the United Machining has a lot of grips on it, though not as pretty ofcourse...

I'm still waffling on large medium hematite or regular coarse amber for my third BCG... Perhaps large hematite but with amber medium plate?? Hmm I really don't know what I want exactly, since I need nothing lol

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...

Seems whoever owned that, received a bad one. Going back in this thread, there was a similar report and photo that showed a few “chips” on the teeth of the grinder, but no where near what that video shows. Maybe the user was trying to grind rocks, regardless why would anyone wait till it got that bad before contacting the company?

The point I’m making, is without knowing or getting feedback from the person that made that video, who knows how that BCG was treated. And for those that like conspiracy theories, what if a grinder competitor or even fanboy did the damage on purpose, then posted the video anonymously?

While I appreciate the video postied by a relatively new user, the lack of any details or follow up so far, makes it difficult to say much more. These BCG grinders have been on the market long enough now, that if flaking of the anodization was prevalent, there would be a lot more reporting of it.

So let’s hear more about this, with more details. I push my top on straight, and don’t have any chipping anywhere.

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Has anybody ordered just a top or bottom piece?
didnt think you could do that, only extra plates?
maybe by special request

whatitdew,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Shit Snacks

just ran 7g (ex stems) through the BCG XL. This was old cbd flower so glad it could go toward a good experiment haha now to make some infused coconut oil..

A63-B0868-55-BC-4829-952-D-34-E39-BE441-C3.jpg

Sorry to have to double-post, but wanted to quote this here too, I think I finally decided I do want to get the large now, with medium plate, hematite but thinking maybe I would get the amber for the plate? Seeing yours now I'm contemplating sapphire plate however, but since the hematite is blue tinted gunmetal maybe I should stick with my original plan or just get the entire thing hematite?? But Amber plate could be good

I do still want to try the coarse plate, maybe someday I will just get a spare course plate regular size hematite then to swap into my aquamarine or amethyst BCG... Hmmm

GoldenBud

I dunno, I bought a BCG with all 3 plates better than a year ago and I think I’ve used the coarse and fine plates twice. I usually see no reason not to use the medium.
Which vapes you use? i think the medium makes my lotus's screen to clog more often, I also would like to try the coarse.. if it gets any better.. but the vapor production will be less enjoyable maybe with the coarse..but the taste should be better too?

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

I dunno, I bought a BCG with all 3 plates better than a year ago and I think I’ve used the coarse and fine plates twice. I usually see no reason not to use the medium.

Oh I started with fine, my aquamarine BCG was just the fine plate. But yeah then I wanted to get the medium plate when I got my amethyst BCG a year later... So now naturally I am curious about the coarse, some vapes do like it, and I like to do all sorts of variations... But the medium may be able to get coarse enough for me (just like it can get fine enough when grinding upside down, which is what I have to do even with the fine plate if I want a truly consistent fine grind) and if I ever want anything coarser I do have standard plate of my flower mill, or I sometimes just grind a little bit in the BCG then dump out for more coarse grind, or I also just hand break sometimes too!

But yeah I think I'm back to, a large BCG in hematite with amber medium plate I think...

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Seems a new POLL is needed to help @Shit Snacks choose his color plates!

General advice:
I realize the LG plates are more expensive at $40/plate then the smaller ones, but if you can find the $$$, get all THREE, and stop torturing yourself. It’s also nice to have a complete SET, as one never knows how long any company will be around. I’ve never used my coarse plates, but you never know....

Shit Snacks

Seems a new POLL is needed to help @Shit Snacks choose his color plates!

General advice:
I realize the LG plates are more expensive at $40/plate then the smaller ones, but if you can find the $$$, get all THREE, and stop torturing yourself. It’s also nice to have a complete SET, as one never knows how long any company will be around. I’ve never used my coarse plates, but you never know....

That is a fair point, I never wanted to do that before because I liked the look of one solid color (and easier decision wise) alongside wanting to save more money and thinking one plate could be versatile enough... but since I am already talking about getting a different color for the middle, hmm damn you Rusty :lol: seriously thanks though, I do think I will settle in with just large hematite with amber medium plate for now, because let's be real I'll probably buy more in the future anyway at another sale! :rofl:

Top Bottom