Brilliant Cut Grinder

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Is it accurate to think that the fine and medium plates are identical in all aspects except for the hole sizes? Budget is tight currently. Thanks.

Ya basically, and you can turn either upside down for more consistent fine grind too... I think only the coarse has different teeth in the plate, aside from larger hole size...

jimdee

...Flipping it upside down for finer grind is simple and easy and gets you a nice range of possibilities to play with.
To be clear, you are suggesting flipping the entire grinder during the grind and not merely the plate. Correct?

Thanks,
jd

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Bummer.... it was a nice touch having the little marked pouches. Guess they CHEAPED out. :(

Those pouches most likely cost a few ¢, not a lot of potential to cut costs I think. If they were looking for that, they would probably rather try to lower the machining time or the quality of the anodization.

---

I'm celebrating one year of owning the BCG these days, still very happy with it. Totally stood the test of time for me.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Those pouches most likely cost a few ¢, not a lot of potential to cut costs I think. If they were looking for that, they would probably rather try to lower the machining time or the quality of the anodization.

---

I'm celebrating one year of owning the BCG these days, still very happy with it. Totally stood the test of time for me.

Regardless of the cost, “cheaping out”, is a reference to one cutting back on something, in this case a nice little bag with the company name on it as well as the size, that was included with the less expensive smaller grinder. And assuming at bulk pricing they are “cents”, then no longer including them is..... ready for it .....
CHEAPING OUT.

5 more weeks and counting till LARGE arrives.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@RustyOldNail – I got it right away. And I think it's cheaping out on everybodys intellect here to assume the reason for the missing pouches is somebody not giving a fuck about what once was given a fuck about.

There are other potential reasons why those bags are missing (edit: see @Shit Snacks comment above me), I'm sure they will be included eventually.

Siebter,

RustyOldNail

@RustyOldNail – I got it right away. And I think it's cheaping out on everybodys intellect here to assume the reason for the missing pouches is somebody not giving a fuck about what once was given a fuck about.

There are other potential reasons why those bags are missing (edit: see @Shit Snacks comment above me), I'm sure they will be included eventually.

The word I used was “guess”, and my GUESS is as good as anyone else’s here. And no where did I write I gave “a fuck” about the pouches in the first place, just a response where I said “bummer”.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Yeah, and I didn't say you were writing you were giving a fuck or not. I just don't like negative assumptions.

Let's end it here and be happy that we still can use our BCGs. Because that's what life is about (too).

RustyOldNail

Yeah, and I didn't say you were writing you were giving a fuck or not. I just don't like negative assumptions.

Let's end it here and be happy that we still can use our BCGs. Because that's what life is about (too).

Me too, that’s why I’m GUESSING if the bags are no longer included, they “might” be CHEAPING OUT.
Thankfully, I did not cancel my $160.00 LG BCG order based on this huge bag scandal.... :)

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
For those who have used both, does the smaller BCG play well with larger hands? Or does the large make way more sense for larger hands? Only concerned with how it works with my large mitts, being able to grind larger quantities at once never comes into play in my situation. Thanks all.

CanikUser19,

CurryLeafTreehugger

Wow. I'm surprised anyone who's been around FC for as long as you doesn't know what a Jyarz Satchmo is.

Well guess what, I've been around even longer than he has and I've never heard of the thing either.

CurryLeafTreehugger,
Reactions: Ramahs
Top Bottom