Brilliant Cut Grinder

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
- never once had herbs flying out when opening... I can imagine this guy flinging his open, separating the pieces away from himself, with loose group after grinding a lot at once, then spraying weed everywhere and it makes me laugh... Super easy to hold top and bottom together and carefully split the BCG open without spilling a single crumb...
that made me laugh lol

colonelcumbusto

Seems other people in that post are agreeing with him. Anyway I'll keep monitoring and comparing. Thanks all
Yeah no problem posting that here, but I (also think I can speak for many of us here) wholeheartedly disagree with them, point by point:

- I have 2, both feel SUPER high quality, more so than the SCS to me, not sure what he is talking about LOL

- it is level, also not sure what he is talking about here (the beveled gem shape?) And yes technically top grinding parts are heavier than bottom dish (duh the dish is hollow without heavy teeth...) but it is NOT top heavy, it still sits flat and balanced, not toppling over or anything

- no kief screen is a HUGE selling point for me and most others... And I am comparing directly to my 3piece SCS which I bought bc of no kief screen (took that section out of my older SCS 4piece I relied on before and out of my SLX I was using pre BCG as well)

- magnet is not even a little bit difficult to remove, "lot of force" ?? It attaches securely if that is what he means, but implying it is as difficult to remove as turning several threads is absolutely ridiculous

- never once had herbs flying out when opening... I can imagine this guy flinging his open, separating the pieces away from himself, with loose group after grinding a lot at once, then spraying weed everywhere and it makes me laugh... Super easy to hold top and bottom together and carefully split the BCG open without spilling a single crumb...

- magnetic post yes this is a legit criticism but I don't find it to be much of an issue, I got used to it pretty quickly and even like how it separates the ground herb a bit, though it is just a necessary trade off for this magnetic design.

- I do not have an herb ripper, but as I said I found the grind to be superior to SLX, SCS (old and new), and the kannastor GR8R (hated this one and sold it soon after getting it) and well worth the $75 I paid for each of my BCG (first with fine plate second with medium plate) during the 420 sales...

Lastly, and this is most important, the biggest selling point of the BCG for me (along with superficial beauty and great customer service) is the side teeth design in the top of the grinder, which prevent it from literally EVER locking up on you as you grind... I often like to grind upside down for greater consistency with a fine or medium fine grind, this can dirty up a grinder quick and with SCS/SLX they lock up instantly even after a fresh cleaning... BCG has NEVER locked up on me without any cleaning in over a year now. I do load my grinder pretty carefully with smaller nugs between the teeth, but even if you load larger nugs more haphazardly the grinder will not lock up on you thanks to this design!

Hope this helps qualify that negative review for you!

Wow this is a really substantive answer, thanks for qualifying :-)

dime

Is there a discount code to use combined with the sale for the Large BCG? :brow: Couldn't wait any longer so got a cheapo $20 one then the next day the large finally is available to order go figure

dime,
Reactions: Summer

3dfx-glide

Boats & Harbors
Just FYI for folks on this thread, the Grinders for Life people have “announced” (sort of) on Reddit that they will be releasing a new vape, apparently sometime in 2021. See this post on the /r/vaporents subreddit, and the couple of replies below it.

(And for the mods: I hope this is not a cross-post, as I think people in this thread will have different reasons for interest in a GFL vape than those in the “New vapes on horizon” thread. But let me know if I am wrong ... .)
Oooooooooh $@!%!!!!! I *cannot* wait to see what this is going to look like!

3dfx-glide,

Alexis

Hi neverybody. At crazy times.

So aftet 10 months, I am still really loving my BCG gifted by the the fantastic @lazylathe thanks so much bro, hope to be in touch again soon and really hope you are doing alright.

But for fun, also as a graphic demonstration of the BCG fine plate...tonght I ground up a single full vapcap load of outdoor Bluedream.
20201117-010228-001.jpg

See the uniformity of the shred, with that small amount, and not overly fine eirher, vs the Kannastor fine- dusting- plate.

Vapes perfectly this way. The BCG achieves a perfect, not too fine, shredded grind from just 0.11 about hete from our 2020 outdoor. No sweat involved either, quick and easy.

See also my Ddave glass vapcap stem. It hits good bit harder this way I swear.
20201117-010310.jpg

Need to remind myself- be slightly less aggressive on the torching!

And just for fun lol....some of Sunday's random spontaneous exploits:
20201115-130905-001.jpg

20201115-130951.jpg

Was a fun Sunday I can tell you! ☺

Last edited:

colonelcumbusto

Yeah no problem posting that here, but I (also think I can speak for many of us here) wholeheartedly disagree with them, point by point:

- I have 2, both feel SUPER high quality, more so than the SCS to me, not sure what he is talking about LOL

- it is level, also not sure what he is talking about here (the beveled gem shape?) And yes technically top grinding parts are heavier than bottom dish (duh the dish is hollow without heavy teeth...) but it is NOT top heavy, it still sits flat and balanced, not toppling over or anything

- no kief screen is a HUGE selling point for me and most others... And I am comparing directly to my 3piece SCS which I bought bc of no kief screen (took that section out of my older SCS 4piece I relied on before and out of my SLX I was using pre BCG as well)

- magnet is not even a little bit difficult to remove, "lot of force" ?? It attaches securely if that is what he means, but implying it is as difficult to remove as turning several threads is absolutely ridiculous

- magnetic post yes this is a legit criticism but I don't find it to be much of an issue, I got used to it pretty quickly and even like how it separates the ground herb a bit, though it is just a necessary trade off for this magnetic design.

- I do not have an herb ripper, but as I said I found the grind to be superior to SLX, SCS (old and new), and the kannastor GR8R (hated this one and sold it soon after getting it) and well worth the $75 I paid for each of my BCG (first with fine plate second with medium plate) during the 420 sales...

Lastly, and this is most important, the biggest selling point of the BCG for me (along with superficial beauty and great customer service) is the side teeth design in the top of the grinder, which prevent it from literally EVER locking up on you as you grind... I often like to grind upside down for greater consistency with a fine or medium fine grind, this can dirty up a grinder quick and with SCS/SLX they lock up instantly even after a fresh cleaning... BCG has NEVER locked up on me without any cleaning in over a year now. I do load my grinder pretty carefully with smaller nugs between the teeth, but even if you load larger nugs more haphazardly the grinder will not lock up on you thanks to this design!

Hope this helps qualify that negative review for you!

BTW now that i have it, i see why all of OP's original complaints were dismissable, and I agree with you!

I guess I *could* see someone with motor function disability have issues with the strong bottom opening, where they pry it too hard and the contents spill out. But...

Alexis

BTW now that i have it, i see why all of OP's original complaints were dismissable, and I agree with you!

I guess I *could* see someone with motor function disability have issues with the strong bottom opening, where they pry it too hard and the contents spill out. But...
Yes indeed, a little delicacy there is required, to ensure no spillages. I personally do it like opening a can of tuna. Holding the base down firm on a flst sutface.

The middle section can take some surprising prying too. Just a little care, I've not had any spillages myself.

Alexis,
Reactions: Siebter

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I find it extremely easy to open, you just had to get used to opening it in more of a clam shell movement than a typical grinder. I CAN open it one handed but I dont make a habit of it because I'm clumsy sometimes, so for the most part I hold the bottom in my left hand and give it a clamshell type lift with my right. Never come close to spilling.

I have spilled multiple times, but only cause I'm clearly having too much fun and went to put it back together upside down. Like, theres clearly ground up bud in the tray, why I think THATS the one I have to turn upside down to put it back together, no idea.

Alexis

The only issue I get with opening my BCG, is that I sometimes forget it’s threadless and try to unscrew instead!
years of muscle memory.
Hsha! I'm sure I have made that error myself! But I normally put it down, on those occasions, to being nltra cained.

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
XL has caught my eye. Is the medium grind plate the general favorite? I've been using my large S&B plastic grinder a lot lately but not a fan of all the cleanup with a 2-piece. Fine grind works best loading my Mighty caps. I assume upside down grind would give finer grind if/when needed. Thanks.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
XL has caught my eye. Is the medium grind plate the general favorite? I've been using my large S&B plastic grinder a lot lately but not a fan of all the cleanup with a 2-piece. Fine grind works best loading my Mighty caps. I assume upside down grind would give finer grind if/when needed. Thanks.

Yep, I actually need to grind upside down with my fine plate BCG if I want a truly fine grind... The medium plate is overall the most versatile! Glad I got it for my second BCG

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
Thanks. I assume medium would be good most of the time but finer is better when using my cap loading trays.
Anyone else? Thanks.

Moses Baca,
Top Bottom