Brilliant Cut Grinder

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
One of my grinders has a fine plate, but I don't think I've used it. I've ordered mostly medium BCG in the past, but tried the coarse and now prefer it. I don't regret the medium or fine, but if I remember I will order coarse in the future.
I started out with a large BCG in Amethyst, and was convinced I'd be less pleased with the regular, but I love the regular. The new colors are fun.
I'm loving the Rose Cut. I don't know if I prefer it, and I keep flipping it over to see the Brilliant Cut bottom. Less fun is putting it next to the Rose Gold BC.
Maybe. Who knows? I'm stoned.

checkyourlibido

One of my grinders has a fine plate, but I don't think I've used it. I've ordered mostly medium BCG in the past, but tried the coarse and now prefer it. I don't regret the medium or fine, but if I remember I will order coarse in the future.
I started out with a large BCG in Amethyst, and was convinced I'd be less pleased with the regular, but I love the regular. The new colors are fun.
I'm loving the Rose Cut. I don't know if I prefer it, and I keep flipping it over to see the Brilliant Cut bottom. Less fun is putting it next to the Rose Gold BC.
Maybe. Who knows? I'm stoned.
Oh no. I think I told someone I use the medium plate, either here or somewhere else. I actually forgot but I now use the coarse also. I’ve used all the plates, but generally I like the coarse. It gets everything including my glass less dirty. And works well in all my currently rotated devices.

But yeah, I agree 100% on the coarse.

Notcoded419

That's a polarizing topic. I agree with you, but I do still sometimes rotate in an aluminum grinder. But to me, if someone has doubts, better not to regret a purchase later. The price difference is not one that I care about with health related subjects. Even when there isn't enough evidence and it just makes me feel a little better on a mental level.
I saw a comment somewhere that split this difference by saying to just get plain brushed aluminum, because if you can't SEE the flaking it can't hurt you. So I'm going to put my anodized BCG and revolve up on the classifieds to make room for my new non-anodized aluminums...

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Anyone ever clean one of these? I have a coarse on the way and figured it's a good time to touch up this one. I mostly just brush it out every few weeks but thought maybe a quick dunk/shake/rinse in iso would be alright?
Just cleaned a few of mine that had been getting heavy usage. I threw them in a zip lock bag with iso, checked back in an hour, rinsed. It was easy, but I'd been worried to death. I went to the BCG site to read up on it. Not sure what I was afraid of happening, but whatever it was didn't come to pass. I did squirt a bit of dish soap on it to kill any remaining anxiety, and it all rinsed away just fine.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Anyone ever clean one of these? I have a coarse on the way and figured it's a good time to touch up this one. I mostly just brush it out every few weeks but thought maybe a quick dunk/shake/rinse in iso would be alright?
Hot Water gets it 95%, I ran mine under very hot tap water, then (I didn't even wait for it to dry) went over quickly with a brush and iso. Quick cold water rinse (soap optional!).
This uses minimal iso, but the step is necessary because the initial ¹hot water rinse leaves an oily residue.
I think I've only cleaned the thing once, not even really needed but it was gratifying.

Coincidentally, my new coarse plate arrived about an hour ago. Nice Emerald color.
Just prepped some Apple Fritter and finished a few pots in the Bowle and I think I'm gonna like the new plate just fine. :smug:

Notcoded419

Just cleaned a few of mine that had been getting heavy usage. I threw them in a zip lock bag with iso, checked back in an hour, rinsed. It was easy, but I'd been worried to death. I went to the BCG site to read up on it. Not sure what I was afraid of happening, but whatever it was didn't come to pass. I did squirt a bit of dish soap on it to kill any remaining anxiety, and it all rinsed away just fine.

Yeah, I think my only real concern is damaging that plastic ring/guard on the upper piece or that it would weaken the finish and cause flaking.

I think I've only cleaned the thing once, not even really needed but it was gratifying.
:smug:
I ran a search to see if I could find anything specific and all I saw was comments about never needing to clean it :lol:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah, I think my only real concern is damaging that plastic ring/guard on the upper piece or that it would weaken the finish and cause flaking.

Yeah you can try to remove that o-ring, but I feel like it won't fit as well when you put it back on potentially? So I like to leave them on if possible, for that reason I do a very quick rinse with the alcohol over there, if you want to pour iso into that top lid, that could be better so it avoids the o-ring itself from soaking too long...

I ran a search to see if I could find anything specific and all I saw was comments about never needing to clean it :lol:

Yeah it's not really necessary, especially with regular poking out maintenance, but it's an easy quick clean with alcohol and then rinsing, use a little thing to scrub with the alcohol and it really takes minutes if not seconds

redrum891

The shape of the scoop head is designed to accommodate the shape of Brilliant Cut Grinders in particular, and if you happen to own one, you'll also appreciate that because these are non-magnetic they won't be pulled toward the grinder's magnets.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
A few days in with a new coarse plate and I love it. Grinding is easier, faster, and the 'coarse' is somehow more reminiscent of what I used to get from my (very old) Cosmic grinder. All the vapes are doing fine with this grind, and it is nowhere close to breaking into finer stuff if I grind enough flower for a couple of days.
So now I'm sporting Emerald sandwiched by Saphire/Saphire.

checkyourlibido

At Grinders for Life (BCG):
Use coupon BLACKFRIDAY2022

for 15% off site-wide

Offer expires Wednesday, November 30, 2022 at 11:59PM PST
Thanks, I won't use it, but I checked to see if it worked on the new SS, and it did in the cart, not sure if it will allow a checkout but it seems like it probably would.

USD $127.50 after the discount code from the original $150.

I didn't check the price for all 3 plates, I can't mentally process paying that much for a grinder. But I usually just use course now, so I might pick up the coarse at some point.

Top Bottom