• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Boundless Tera

pop22

There seems to be an issue with my Tera where the power button essentially becomes non-functional. The device will turn on as soon as one battery is inserted, will begin to immediately heat up, occasionally switch over to concentrate mode and become stuck there, and will turn on/off by itself at random intervals. Just emailed Boundless, hopefully they can help me with this issue
Join the club! I've had 5 do this. And when the screen is off, the vape may not be, I found mine like this and when i picked it up, it was very hot! Could be dangerous! I refused to have another to replace the last one and asked for a CFX. You couldn't give me a bucket full of Teras!

then I feel lucky, or maybe the v3 version has partially cleaned up these serious errors? then I wonder but did it stay on all the time or did it turn off after a session? because if it always remains on it is for criminals !!!! but we are crazy it is a very serious thing and puts the health of the user at risk in the unfortunate event that the cells give way .... and now I notice that it does not even have the vent holes at least with the naked eye I do not see any.

tonuzzi

Spoon Dogg
Wow quick response! Boundless just reached out to me, so lets hope they replace it.
I did have to send a video of the malfunctioning unit which I totally understand.
This is my second unit, my first Tera is 3 years old, I gifted to a friend and its still working lol.
oh well, shit happens
:rockon:

pop22

then I feel lucky, or maybe the v3 version has partially cleaned up these serious errors? then I wonder but did it stay on all the time or did it turn off after a session? because if it always remains on it is for criminals !!!! but we are crazy it is a very serious thing and puts the health of the user at risk in the unfortunate event that the cells give way .... and now I notice that it does not even have the vent holes at least with the naked eye I do not see any.
All of mine were V3

well, great news !! reading my speech the term criminals is exaggerated and I apologize! , but the concept we say that does not change much, when one uses a product for the reduction of harm or for medical reasons, having a product in one's hands that poses risks to users is not a good thing.

Sidvicius,

Petetbay

I don't know why they keep selling these! It should be discontinued, they are unsafe!
I have never heard of a fire or injury due to the button malfunction. They still sell Dell laptops, Iphones and other battery devices that have injured people and caused fires, it is the cost of doing business for tech companies. When I had my problem with a new Tera the retailer spoke to me about failure rates saying most devices of failure rates less than 1-2%, when failures are higher say 5% then they worry, but electronic malfunctions especially batteries is quite common on almost every device and basically the cost of doing business. Heck in Canada we’ve had a problem with Hyundai suvs bursting into flames, so much so they added a device to alarm when they catch fire, cost of doing business. People have had their houses catch fire when a parked Hyundai catches fire in the garage. Boundless would know the #’s and if they had big problem they would know and act, as least I hope so. :2c:

pop22

I honestly done know why they can’t seem to fix all the issues. When they work, the Tera is my favorite vape, I used it more than my Mighty, but sadly I’ve been through 5 now. The issues seem to be by themselves easy fixes, but there are so many different issues.
I feel the same! I still use mine occasionally. I mount it on my bong and when I'm done I take the batteries out. Wish the newCFX+ had a WPA. I use my trusty OG CFX most of the time when I plan to use a bong.

Robert-in-YEG

Do not waste money on a Tera.

The Tera just doesn't do it for me. Yes, with multiple puffs, like a steam engine, with the right technique, the Tera can cook flower, but it is pain in the ass to use.

With the glass mouthpiece, the Tera is OK, in that it preserves the taste of the flower. I've had some good tasting hits of the Tera, but if you or looking for clouds of vapor or psychoactive there are much better, cost-effective alternatives.

When my Starry v3 died, it was replaced within 24 hours.. When my V3 Pro dies, it will be replaced immediately. When my Tera dies, it will be forgotten as a mistake along the way........

Robert

I've just switched from a (broken) Crafty to a Tera and I'm enjoying it - about the same as a Mighty for experience.

Definitely switch the batteries for 3000s and get two sets - it guzzles batteries like a beast (it's biggest weakness by far) but that aside, it's fine. Just make sure you've got some spares. I've got heaps of 18650s lying around anyway from liquid vapes.

Feels weighty and well built - no problems so far... about a month into daily use.

And to replace the Crafty I've opted for a Vivant Alternate - which is essentially a Crafty with a replaceable battery as far as I can tell. Also working fine one month later.

pop22

Even my CFX ia collecting dust, I've gone to DaVinci. I have a warranty replacement Ascent, an ICQ and just got a Miqro. I'm very pleased with them. For convection I have a Arizer Argo and a Solo 2.

pop22,

R1ng0

I've just switched from a (broken) Crafty to a Tera and I'm enjoying it - about the same as a Mighty for experience.

Definitely switch the batteries for 3000s and get two sets - it guzzles batteries like a beast (it's biggest weakness by far) but that aside, it's fine. Just make sure you've got some spares. I've got heaps of 18650s lying around anyway from liquid vapes.

Feels weighty and well built - no problems so far... about a month into daily use.

And to replace the Crafty I've opted for a Vivant Alternate - which is essentially a Crafty with a replaceable battery as far as I can tell. Also working fine one month later.
The vivant is very much not a crafty with changeable batts at all, I'd get shot of it if I was you. I have pretty much every vape but my goto for flav vap production and clouds is the IQ2 full packed oven tamp down so the door just shuts stick it on 192C and it's the nuts. I even prefer it to my tinymight 2 which is not as smooth or as flavourful. I have compared the vivant and the crafty very closely the vivant is almost coming apart along it's seams after 6 months, the crafts batt is shite but so is any good vape as it needs to generate heat. I bought a good 4 slot charger and 8 18650s so I'm good :)

R1ng0,
Reactions: BigJr48
The vivant is very much not a crafty with changeable batts at all, I'd get shot of it if I was you. I have pretty much every vape but my goto for flav vap production and clouds is the IQ2 full packed oven tamp down so the door just shuts stick it on 192C and it's the nuts. I even prefer it to my tinymight 2 which is not as smooth or as flavourful. I have compared the vivant and the crafty very closely the vivant is almost coming apart along it's seams after 6 months, the crafts batt is shite but so is any good vape as it needs to generate heat. I bought a good 4 slot charger and 8 18650s so I'm good :)
I'm about 2-3 months in now, I think? (hey... good weed :))

I used the Crafty every day for just over 2 years before it broke on me. I know what the Crafty is like - and I honestly don't see much difference between a Vivant Alternate and the Crafty. They're about the same in terms of experience as far as I can tell. I've been vaping dry herb for about 5-6 years now. To be fair, I doubt my lungs are in the best of shape but, as I said, I just don't see much difference. Maybe I need to wait a while longer?

One thing I do want to mention is that I rarely go above 364F - usually a little less. From past experience with other vapes, once you start going above that, then it's a matter of time before things start breaking (notably mouthpieces) and generally coming apart. I'd say this is a general rule of thumb that I've noticed. I don't think most of them are even really designed to withstand the higher temps for long-term use. (that old chestnut, the Flowermate Aura comes immediately to mind)

Anyway, enjoying it - and I can take out the battery any time I want which is why I got it.

Also (back on topic!) enjoying the Boundless Tera. Notable flaw so far? The foamy rubber adhesive over the battery case. It just melts away after about a month and a half. It looks fine without it - and I don't understand why they bothered with it? It can only bring the product down and is inevitable. As I said, I don't vape at high temps at all - and it just peeled off...

Sucker still guzzles batteries like Godzilla shoots fire... but again, who cares when you can just take them out and switch them.

Funny thing is, now I look at vapes for sale and I instantly pass on all of them because of the non-removable battery - as so few actually have that option. I hope people wake up and it becomes standard in the years to come. The idea that you have to throw it away based on battery life is totally wasteful and unnecessary. It's hardly rocket science - and this is 2022. I mean, we've got probes on Mars.... Is a replaceable battery that difficult? Or more a sign of a disposable society?

MalonShakespeare,
Reactions: LesPlenty

R1ng0

Mhm it starts to come apart it's not the same quality peak? sp as a crafty is.
And as I said for me 192 c is the sweet spot, and through the IQ2 very flavoursome for at least two cycles which is good enough for me.

R1ng0,
Mhm it starts to come apart it's not the same quality peak? sp as a crafty is.
And as I said for me 192 c is the sweet spot, and through the IQ2 very flavoursome for at least two cycles which is good enough for me.
192C is 377F - I can see it probably cracking at that temp - and would go for the Crafty 100% (only catch? the battery and high cost).

If you vape much lower (like me) I'd say stick with the Vivant. You can get 3 of them and still have change for the price of a Crafty - and to me they're identical at the low temps.

I also think lower temps are just all round healthier for the lungs (well, less damaging...) When I hit above 370 (I did start out at this temp for a long while...) it feels more like I'm passing my weed through a flamethrower, as opposed to gently vaping it like I'm doing now. Still, it's all subjective and I did smoke tobacco for 20+ years - which may also explain these different preferences.

MalonShakespeare,
Reactions: LesPlenty

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I have been enjoying my Tera with the Arizer stem for a mouthpiece at lower temps instead of bonging along at 220c.
Quite a few newer vapes have quick swap 18650 batteries now.

R1ng0

Ultimately it depends on the strain but I find some simply doesn't output any vapour below 188 say and other strains work at 182, but I usually find 192 will empty most prod on 2 cycles so as I said I'm good. Yes I often used my terra with the large arizer stems, I do like to blast it through water though. Just personal pref

R1ng0,

gangababa

I have been enjoying my Tera with the Arizer stem for a mouthpiece at lower temps instead of bonging along at 220c.
I too use an Arizer glass stem with my Tera. However, I use the Tera like my original Solo, as a heater for the cannabis in the stem.
Adapting to the Tinymight, when it arrives, should be easy as it is just another glass stem and heater.
That said, I am told that the airflow will be less restrictive and to that I must adapt.

Recently I drilled out the Tera's air intake holes on the bottom to decrease intake-air restriction. I think the idea was mentioned far up-thread.
It is now one hole the size of the multi-hole diameter. I cut a small fine screen to size and placed it just inside the hole; held in place by the Tera gasket that joins the heater intake tube to the bottom plate.

Mad_Max

Recently I drilled out the Tera's air intake holes on the bottom to decrease intake-air restriction. I think the idea was mentioned far up-thread.
It is now one hole the size of the multi-hole diameter. I cut a small fine screen to size and placed it just inside the hole; held in place by the Tera gasket that joins the heater intake tube to the bottom plate.
Does this change your heating profile, shifting it higher, because of more air at a given temperature?

Mad_Max,
Reactions: BigJr48
Top Bottom