Boundless Tera

Sto.Oned

Hi, i bought this vaporizer some years ago and i had one of the best and at the same time the worst experience ever.
The best because I loved it and how it works. The worst because of some bugs of the vaporizer.
I'm not 100% sure but if i m not wrong it passed to one kind of vaporizing to another (oil at max temperature).
I get so many samples of Tera that i don't remember how many i get from them for free. But after few days, ALL OF THEM has the same bug. Even the producer knows that and couldn't send me any good version of it as all batches were bugged.
So i left it there and i passed to something better (tinymight).
Now that I m waiting for a fix and i have only storm vaporizer available (not bad but also not so good), do you know if someone found a fix to the vaporizer, hardware or software? Or it's possible to send it to the producer to finally fix it?

It sounds like it isn't a bug.

I had the same problem where it locked into the oil mode (max temp) if you press the buttons in a certain way. I also remember that the way to change it on/off wasn't written in the manual and I had to find out how to do it in some random reddit post from years ago. I also clearly remember thinking that I had to send it back until I looked around online for that info. It did feel like it was broken - like an electrical bug - as you describe.

Honestly, I don't even know how they get away with selling this vape? See my previous posts, here in this discussion, where I clearly describe (with photos) how mine quite literally fell apart in front of my very eyes over a period of 6 months - and I treated it like gold.

It is, in my opinion, a ridiculously high priced piece of junk that shouldn't be sold to anyone.

(link here: https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/boundless-tera.25309/page-129) scroll down.

If you spend more than $20 on this thing - you've been cheated.

If anyone's curious - the Vivant Alternate (which I championed before in that post) also stopped really working properly after around 6 months of use. The heating chambers just turn weak and lose most of the power - they're now also packed away (two of them) and not in use anymore.

I can't mention what I am using now as we can't mention them here. (it's actually a bit of a hybrid with an og cooling unit that's been modified to fit - and seems to be working - but it's only been two months so we'll have to just wait and see)

I am also pleased to say that the Flowermate Aura 'still' works just fine after many years - in terms of longevity, this one outclasses them all so far - but it's a pen style vape and doesn't give that "big satisfying hit" you get from something a lot bigger. But it certainly does the job :) The only snag? It's doubled in price in the last 3 - 4 years for no discernible reason? I remember paying around $40 - $50 for mine - but now you won't find one cheaper than around $80 or $90. I don't feel it's worth that amount (for what you're getting) and it's a real shame they jacked up the price so much. But, given that the vape market is all about overpriced vapes at extortionate prices, I'm also not surprised. They're just following the trend... I say all of the above as someone who has spent a small fortune on dry herb vapes and currently has a big box of broken ones.

Last edited:

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
I've never had any issues with the Tera. Its a lung buster . One of my favorites in rotation ;) . I never use the concentrate mode, I use it strictly for flower and it rocks . I've had the same unit since they were first produced and love it. Isolated air, pure convection, replaceable batteries, quick, and powerful, hard to beat the performance !

I've never had any issues with the Tera. Its a lung buster . One of my favorites in rotation ;) . I never use the concentrate mode, I use it strictly for flower and it rocks . I've had the same unit since they were first produced and love it. Isolated air, pure convection, replaceable batteries, quick, and powerful, hard to beat the performance !

Could you post a picture of the battery cover - and is the coating still on it? Mine just flaked off slowly after a few months.

Is the top piece still held down firmly or have you had to stick it back down with something?

I'd like to see a photo of a Tera that's been used for years compared to mine which fell apart in months.

As above, I've posted my pics here on the forum in the previous page to this one (you have to scroll down quite a bit)

I'm just curious to see what it looks like.

MalonShakespeare,
Reactions: LesPlenty

pop22

One of the issues is the Tera turning on into concentrate mode BY IT'S SELF! Ans sometimes when turned off!!!! The batteries got so hot that it ruined them, I'm lucky it didn't catch start a fire! And I had FIVE of them do this. I still have one I use occasionally with a little puck bong. I put the batteries in when I use it then take them out again when done, because I don't trust it! So just keep an eye on the vape, or it could cause some serious damage!
And if people are still having this issue TWO YEARS after I reported having multiple defective vapes, then it's time to stop doing business with Boundless!

pop22,
Reactions: Sto.Oned
Many thanks for the photos :)

The first thing that leaps out at me is the Tera logo on the battery cover - I'll dig mine out a bit later to double-check, but I don't remember that logo and also those scratches seem to indicate it's a completely different material to mine. The logo, if it was there, is obviously gone - but the box should indicate it was there or not?

I'm leaning towards yours being an earlier more robust version - and the later one (the one I've got) is a cheaper design.

Sto.Oned

One of the issues is the Tera turning on into concentrate mode BY IT'S SELF! Ans sometimes when turned off!!!! The batteries got so hot that it ruined them, I'm lucky it didn't catch start a fire! And I had FIVE of them do this. I still have one I use occasionally with a little puck bong. I put the batteries in when I use it then take them out again when done, because I don't trust it! So just keep an eye on the vape, or it could cause some serious damage!
And if people are still having this issue TWO YEARS after I reported having multiple defective vapes, then it's time to stop doing business with Boundless!
This is exactly the problem that i was talking about. Now you remind me that 100% this is the issue.
But i see that there's also some people that uses and liked it.
So, we were just very unlucky? I remember that they send to me like 3-4 and all of them had this issue.
Or maybe there's a way to fix this issue?
Because if i can fix it, i could start using it again daily, as I like how it worked (for the little time i could) .. There have to be a way!
Even trying to contact boundless and exchange it for a newer version (that maybe fixed that bug).
Let me know, thanks🤞

Sto.Oned

Could you post a picture of the battery cover - and is the coating still on it? Mine just flaked off slowly after a few months.

Is the top piece still held down firmly or have you had to stick it back down with something?

I'd like to see a photo of a Tera that's been used for years compared to mine which fell apart in months.

As above, I've posted my pics here on the forum in the previous page to this one (you have to scroll down quite a bit)

I'm just curious to see what it looks like.
So as you said in the first line of your post, is there a button /way to fix this bug? Could you please search that reddit fix?

Sto.Oned,

Pukka

So as you said in the first line of your post, is there a button /way to fix this bug? Could you please search that reddit fix?
Could this be what you're looking for?

"this just fixed me, thanks man....I gave it a good hit from the bottom up with an open palm. it immediately turned on and has been fine!"

Found it with a quick search of the BoundlessVapes subredit using the terms "tera concentrate"

Pukka,
No, it's a button press. I honestly can't remember because it's been so long. It also doesn't work every time and you have to keep doing it at just the right time to get it to work. It's not impossible, just a shade tricky.

Google the reddit forums - you'll find it buried in a reply somewhere.

MalonShakespeare,

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
Many thanks for the photos :)

The first thing that leaps out at me is the Tera logo on the battery cover - I'll dig mine out a bit later to double-check, but I don't remember that logo and also those scratches seem to indicate it's a completely different material to mine. The logo, if it was there, is obviously gone - but the box should indicate it was there or not?

I'm leaning towards yours being an earlier more robust version - and the later one (the one I've got) is a cheaper design.
My version is 2nd generation . I had an original but it stopped after a couple sesh . They sent me the one I use now. I think it was in 2018 . Idk , The second gen came in a turquoise striped box while the og was in a sliver striped one . Yeah it looks like a hand grenade, but looks aren’t everything, Look at the Mighty or Venty 😉.

pop22

My first 2 were Gen2 and the last 3 where Gen3, where Gen3 was suppose to fix these issues, or so the Boundless rep said. I was so disgusted with this vape I asked them finally to give me a CFX and end my problems. they gave me a pre-production CFX+ and at least that ended my problems.

Sto.Oned

My first 2 were Gen2 and the last 3 where Gen3, where Gen3 was suppose to fix these issues, or so the Boundless rep said. I was so disgusted with this vape I asked them finally to give me a CFX and end my problems. they gave me a pre-production CFX+ and at least that ended my problems.
I did the same.

Okay, so I'll throw away all the teras I own, i don't see any other solution

martinstraka8282

I've owned a Tera for years. I don't use it too heavily anymore, but it's held up really well. I'm honestly very happy with it in general, and the price paid (on a sale) was reasonable, much more so than some others I've bought over the years.

We use it mostly as our heavier hitter camping vape since we're away from power.

It seems to me that the people who have had them for years are more than happy with them, and they're all still in one piece - so the only logical explanation is that the new ones are considerably different and made with much cheaper materials. Mine was bought from Amazon at the start of last year, brand new. See the photos on the previous page... it really did just fall apart in front of me. But what makes me very suspicious is that material covering the batteries - if they were the same as mine then that would have peeled off by now - and some of the temps being mentioned confirm they were more than hot enough.

martinstraka8282

It seems to me that the people who have had them for years are more than happy with them, and they're all still in one piece - so the only logical explanation is that the new ones are considerably different and made with much cheaper materials. Mine was bought from Amazon at the start of last year, brand new. See the photos on the previous page... it really did just fall apart in front of me. But what makes me very suspicious is that material covering the batteries - if they were the same as mine then that would have peeled off by now - and some of the temps being mentioned confirm they were more than hot enough.
Amazon sells vaporizers?

martinstraka8282,
  • Wow
Reactions: gangababa
Amazon sells vaporizers?
Yes, they've been selling them for years.

I just looked now for the Boundless Tera and it's not there anymore (there are other Boundless vapes tho')

So it's either discontinued? Or Amazon had too many returns from other customers with the same problems as me - and removed it.

The link above is an Italian site that sells the V3 from a simple Google search. It's interesting that I don't see the 'Tera' writing on the case - like mine. My guess is this is the one to avoid at all costs.

pop22

I just looked now for the Boundless Tera and it's not there anymore (there are other Boundless vapes tho')

So it's either discontinued? Or Amazon had too many returns from other customers with the same problems as me - and removed it.

The link above is an Italian site that sells the V3 from a simple Google search. It's interesting that I don't see the 'Tera' writing on the case - like mine. My guess is this is the one to avoid at all costs.
I've long since learned to buydirect from the maker Scamazon can't be tursted.

pop22,
  • Love
Reactions: bulllee

martinstraka8282

Huh, interesting. Well, I certainly wouldn't argue with your experience as the Tera went through a fair amount of issues in general, and I'm sure Boundless would confirm the serial number if you really wanted to confirm it's legit, but ya you're seeing things I've never seen with my fairly heavily used Tera V3, and I always use it at max temp unlike you.

That link seems to have 3 of the 10 pictures with the TERA writing, and some without, so hard to say what you're getting in the end from that company either.

It seems to be in stock at a lot of the reputable dealers, but sold out direct from Boundless. If it doesn't fall apart like yours, I think it's a great product at the typical sale prices, so it seems a weird one to put to bed unless like you say, too many returns, or maybe not selling well anymore.

I certainly wouldn't be surprised if there's been some changes made to try to reduce costs, that ultimately had unfortunate consequences like yours. Just thought I'd chime in with my experience. I also have a CFX I modded and use(d) heavily without any issues.

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
Yeah it sounds like the newer models are using inferior parts . Sorry to hear about your issues . I would be very wary of Amazon :lol: . Sometime ago I had issues with the Ghost MV1 . I can relate to your frustration.

Top Bottom