Boundless Tera

Mad_Max

I received this bad boy today, bought on Discord-entexchange like new for $45 shipped. He included an Arizer tipped glass aroma tube, which seems to be made for this thing. FIrst 1/2 bowl session off of the Tera was delicious, cooler than I thought it would be - probably because of the mouthpiece, and strong! I love the result as well. Huge clouds on the second half of the bowl. All at 385F. I didn't pack it in very tight at all.

It's interesting how different vapes hit the spot with different people. Peoples opinions are all over the place on this one. I have a Crafty+ and I never found the vapor experience I was looking for, and it punishes my lungs! The Davinci IQ2 is closer, I think because of finer vapor - smaller droplets. Just an uninformed theory 😊.

What this Tera with the Arizer mp is delivering for me, at the moment, is closer to the bullseye. I'm loving it! 😍 First bowl ABV below. Perfectly even and fully extracted.

Last edited:

leanpubpackage

I received this bad boy today, bought on Discord-entexchange like new for $45 shipped. He included an Arizer tipped glass aroma tube, which seems to be made for this thing. FIrst 1/2 bowl session off of the Tera was delicious, cooler than I thought it would be - probably because of the mouthpiece, and strong! I love the result as well. Huge clouds on the second half of the bowl. All at 385F. I didn't pack it in very tight at all.

It's interesting how different vapes hit the spot with different people. Peoples opinions are all over the place on this one. I have a Crafty+ and I never found the vapor experience I was looking for, and it punishes my lungs! The Davinci IQ2 is closer, I think because of finer vapor - smaller droplets. Just an uninformed theory 😊.

What this Tera with the Arizer mp is delivering for me, at the moment, is closer to the bullseye. I'm loving it! 😍 First bowl ABV below. Perfectly even and fully extracted.

Wow what a steal! Did it come with the WPA? Check out Troys basket screen mod for it. It also does well with cigar puffs

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I've seen that mod and this one already had it done!
Has it also had the oversize bore hack for a bit more airflow, the heater keeps up just fine.
img_20200725_184140-jpg.27473

And more cooling (and cleaning)
img_20200411_145255-jpg.27471

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Can you get those balls out of there after you get them in?
Yep, the plastic tip simply screws off to allow up to 5mm diameter terp pearls etc. Not sure if it was OEM Arizer Air stem or one of the many DHGate copies I got, both are very similar.
rBVaI1mOgNOAZIerAAN7inuWH2U011.jpg

Edit, oops, that listing is for 50 but look for similar.
This will also fit and available from a US warehouse if looking for other options,
rBNaEmLrf1qAN2FMAAGFvXxMhBQ098.jpg

Last edited:

felvapes

Yep, the plastic tip simply screws off to allow up to 5mm diameter terp pearls etc. Not sure if it was OEM Arizer Air stem or one of the many DHGate copies I got, both are very similar.
rBVaI1mOgNOAZIerAAN7inuWH2U011.jpg

Edit, oops, that listing is for 50 but look for similar.
This will also fit and available from a US warehouse if looking for other options,
rBNaEmLrf1qAN2FMAAGFvXxMhBQ098.jpg

What's the OD of this @LesPlenty ?

The DHgate dimpled one

felvapes,
Reactions: BigJr48

gangababa

For reasons that are irrelevant now, ideas that date back to the time of my DaVinci Ascent use, I have modified my Tera mouth piece.
I bought two traditional church warden pipe stems, long and curved. I found that I could remove the Tera's short glass mouthpiece and replace it with the church warden stem, using the original magnetic cover and the rubber gasket.

A S&B dosing capsule*, sans cover (replaced by a small S&B screen) and the pipe stem make a unique look, cool vapor, and allow me to imagine sitting around the fireplace with the New England Transcendentalists, our pipes and conversations about ultimate reality.
20230109-170213.jpg

* I have never used the Tera as designed with the cannabis in the bowl,
only capsules and Solo stems.

Last edited:

Robert-in-YEG

After sitting for months, I decided to spend some time with the Tera. I have had really mixed feelings about this vape, so it needed some love.

Some flower cooks better in convection; Sour Banana Sherbert is one of those.

https://hautehealth.su/shop/cannabis-flowers/sour-banana-sherbert/

My plan was to do three back-to-back sessions on the bong using the Tera 3. Doing three boing is easy with my V3 Pro. It takes a bit more flower to fill the Tera, but not much. So far, I've had two of three. Now I had to take a break and start writing. Doing the third, will wait until this post is done.

Today, a fully charged, freshly cleaned unit, with the stock batteries, and known trusted flower, performed beyond my expectations. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Tera and a bong. With common sense and patience, it is a nice convection vape. The full flavour of the flower came through, even at high temps, there was good vapour production, and it produced productive hits.

Time for number three.........

Robert-in-YEG

Mad_Max

For reasons that are irrelevant now, ideas that date back to the time of my DaVinci Ascent use, I have modified my Tera mouth piece.
I bought two traditional church warden pipe stems, long and curved. I found that I could remove the Tera's short glass mouthpiece and replace it with the church warden stem, using the original magnetic cover and the rubber gasket.

A S&B dosing capsule*, sans cover (replaced by a small S&B screen) and the pipe stem make a unique look, cool vapor, and allow me to imagine sitting around the fireplace with the New England Transcendentalists, our pipes and conversations about ultimate reality.
20230109-170213.jpg

* I have never used the Tera as designed with the cannabis in the bowl,
only capsules and Solo stems.
This belongs in the Tera hall of fame! 😎

After sitting for months, I decided to spend some time with the Tera. I have had really mixed feelings about this vape, so it needed some love.

.... There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Tera and a bong.
Absolutely great device 😁 that can get forgotten as new vapes continue to roll out. 😢 But it's a versatile powerhouse!

Spin0620

Just hit my tera tonight and I packed the solo glass but I usually just keep it fluffy but tonight I really packed it. Let me tell you this is the most vape I got out if it since I got it. And very tasty. I'm wrecked 🤪 So remember really give it a hard pack 🤣

Mad_Max

Just hit my tera tonight and I packed the solo glass but I usually just keep it fluffy but tonight I really packed it. Let me tell you this is the most vape I got out if it since I got it. And very tasty. I'm wrecked 🤪 So remember really give it a hard pack 🤣
I think you've got something there! I'm gonna try that at my next opp so I can get 🤪 too.

Yeah, okay... I'm 6 months into daily use of my Boundless Tera - and the entire top section has come unstuck!? It just lifts off.

Can I just glue it back down? (any danger with fumes from the glue?)

A good vape, but no - this thing is not built to last. As mentioned earlier, the film on the battery cover melted off after 3 months - ( no biggie, but still not exactly great for the money this cost) But the whole top bit coming off? Seriously?

No, I haven't dropped it at any point. It's never gone much further than my work desk.

What is it with vapes? Are these things just built to break?

The Vivant Alternate is still holding strong - no cracks (as others have reported here) and all is as it was when it came out the box - also daily use for 6 months. This one still gets a thumbs up (for now)

felvapes

Yeah, okay... I'm 6 months into daily use of my Boundless Tera - and the entire top section has come unstuck!? It just lifts off.

Can I just glue it back down? (any danger with fumes from the glue?)

A good vape, but no - this thing is not built to last. As mentioned earlier, the film on the battery cover melted off after 3 months - ( no biggie, but still not exactly great for the money this cost) But the whole top bit coming off? Seriously?

No, I haven't dropped it at any point. It's never gone much further than my work desk.

What is it with vapes? Are these things just built to break?

The Vivant Alternate is still holding strong - no cracks (as others have reported here) and all is as it was when it came out the box - also daily use for 6 months. This one still gets a thumbs up (for now)
Wow .
Never heard of such issues with the Tera until on here recently
Mine has sat for ages with batteries in without issue of turning on or getting hot
Nothing melts off during use
These things would concern me too tbh
I have a rather old version though
It really does appear that somewhere along the line the QC has dropped considerably from user reports in this thread

Also funny to hear the alternate is going well for you - it is the opposite and started out with a melting CU but now you report it to be okay

This is my Boundless Tera - purchased new from Amazon less than 6 months ago (or thereabouts)

- I have never pushed this beyond 366F / 185C
- Never dropped it on the floor
- Batteries paired (never oddly charged ones or mismatched)
- Cleaned regularly inside/mouthpiece

(below) Note the colour of the battery shield. It's silver, not black as it was originally, that slowly peeled off over time - after around 3 months.

(below) Note the stylish blue masking tape holding the top piece down.

qFp8SxD.jpg

(below) That's the top piece that just decided to come loose about a month ago.

bPUxlsl.jpg

(below) The most annoying thing, by far... over time (and not much of it) the rubber will expand and that little metal filter/mesh won't sit inside neatly anymore. It falls out every time I open it and I have to squeeze it back into the grooves. My weed is very resinous so if it falls inside, it gets stuck to the bottom and you need a little wire to push it out. Very annoying.

So I guess I got a version 2, right?

...and for all these issues... it does still work perfectly fine. I use it., I don't love it, but I use it.

So far I've had two vapes break or fall apart on me. My Crafty developed an electrical fault after around 18 months of daily use - totally out of action. I can't use it. And now this one is falling apart before my very eyes.

I can only conclude that both these dry herb vapes are designed to break.

On the other hand, my 4 year old Flowermate Aura (which I hammered constantly for years) still works as it did when I bought it - and my Vivant Alternate is still as fresh as it was when I bought it 6 months ago. But we'll see with the Alternate (based on what I've read here...)

I really need to stress the point that I have treated the Tera with kid gloves from day 1. Never pushed to higher temperatures, never dropped it or knocked it. Not once. Also interesting to note that both the $100+ vapes are in a poor state (and that's being kind) whilst BOTH my sub $100 vapes work just fine. Paid around $50 for the Aura (eBay) and $60 for the Vivant (Ali)

Maybe cheapest really is best when it comes to these things?

(note: when I say my weed is v resinous, it's just good skunk I cultivate myself - I'm not throwing hash or oil into this thing!)

And I think this was mentioned earlier - because I bought this from Amazon, Boundless won't guarantee it. It's clearly written on their website. But to be honest - why send it back if I'm just going to go through the same thing again? I may as well live with it in this state. So do bear that in mind if you are considering getting a Tera.

Okay, as I typed all this and had a good look at the glue residue from the blue tape holding it all together - I've decided to pack it away. The thought of inhaling the fumes from whatever glue is in there doesn't appeal to me.

It lasted around 6 months - it's now boxed away next to the equally expensive Crafty. (and I'm a lot poorer financially...)

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
The Tera often comes on sale for $99 at Boundless.:2c:
There is definitely a problem with newer units like @MalonShakespeare example which would be a late version V3 as both my units, V2 and V3(early version) have no problems apart from the V2 plastic oven top ring crack that caused the V3 to be made.

gangababa

I am about one month short of two years with my Tera. Admittedly, it is used a lot less than the Solo, but it has given me no problems.
However, I do see (or not see) that the display screen is fading. It is hard to read.
Does anyone have information that can explain the dimming screen?

At the moment I am trying a tighter pack in the Solo stem in the Tera oven, as suggested by @Spin0620, with White Widow and success.

pop22

This is my Boundless Tera - purchased new from Amazon less than 6 months ago (or thereabouts)

- I have never pushed this beyond 366F / 185C
- Never dropped it on the floor
- Batteries paired (never oddly charged ones or mismatched)
- Cleaned regularly inside/mouthpiece

(below) Note the colour of the battery shield. It's silver, not black as it was originally, that slowly peeled off over time - after around 3 months.

(below) Note the stylish blue masking tape holding the top piece down.

qFp8SxD.jpg

(below) That's the top piece that just decided to come loose about a month ago.

bPUxlsl.jpg

(below) The most annoying thing, by far... over time (and not much of it) the rubber will expand and that little metal filter/mesh won't sit inside neatly anymore. It falls out every time I open it and I have to squeeze it back into the grooves. My weed is very resinous so if it falls inside, it gets stuck to the bottom and you need a little wire to push it out. Very annoying.

So I guess I got a version 2, right?

...and for all these issues... it does still work perfectly fine. I use it., I don't love it, but I use it.

So far I've had two vapes break or fall apart on me. My Crafty developed an electrical fault after around 18 months of daily use - totally out of action. I can't use it. And now this one is falling apart before my very eyes.

I can only conclude that both these dry herb vapes are designed to break.

On the other hand, my 4 year old Flowermate Aura (which I hammered constantly for years) still works as it did when I bought it - and my Vivant Alternate is still as fresh as it was when I bought it 6 months ago. But we'll see with the Alternate (based on what I've read here...)

I really need to stress the point that I have treated the Tera with kid gloves from day 1. Never pushed to higher temperatures, never dropped it or knocked it. Not once. Also interesting to note that both the $100+ vapes are in a poor state (and that's being kind) whilst BOTH my sub $100 vapes work just fine. Paid around $50 for the Aura (eBay) and $60 for the Vivant (Ali)

Maybe cheapest really is best when it comes to these things?

(note: when I say my weed is v resinous, it's just good skunk I cultivate myself - I'm not throwing hash or oil into this thing!)

And I think this was mentioned earlier - because I bought this from Amazon, Boundless won't guarantee it. It's clearly written on their website. But to be honest - why send it back if I'm just going to go through the same thing again? I may as well live with it in this state. So do bear that in mind if you are considering getting a Tera.

Okay, as I typed all this and had a good look at the glue residue from the blue tape holding it all together - I've decided to pack it away. The thought of inhaling the fumes from whatever glue is in there doesn't appeal to me.

It lasted around 6 months - it's now boxed away next to the equally expensive Crafty. (and I'm a lot poorer financially...)
I think those who are saying they got a good one got lucky, because in my opinion, the Teras are junk. I had FIVE in a row die in less than 2 years. Based on that it would seem that there are like more bad units than good. My OG CFX has been great however.
And yes, seems like some of the less expensive ones hold up well. I have a Focus Vape OG I bought in Jan 2016 and it still works! Doesn't get used much any more but all I have to do is pop a battery in it and she's good to go.
All my most used vapes these days are from DaVinci.

Top Bottom