Boundless CF / CFX / CF-Hybrid

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
@bou
@iDRINKBLEACH ,

You can always check with the retailer 1st to see if they'll make an exchange for you.

Man I've had such a horrible experience with the retailer, one wrong unit *cfx* and two refunds later. I just wanted a tera, and ended up with a cfx and a tera in the mail. Paid for both just so I could be done with the retailer. Then my cfx breaks after 4 days of use. Ha they wrecked the mood of my birthday this weekend.

If I can avoid them I will

iDRINKBLEACH,

Summer

Long Island, NY
Who's the retailer we should avoid? When you have a problem & paid by charge, you can always try to seek resolution or charge-back through them.

So you got a Tera, too?

Summer,

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Mod Note: Double Post Merged
Who's the retailer we should avoid? When you have a problem & paid by charge, you can always try to seek resolution or charge-back through them.

So you got a Tera, too?
Askweedipedia.com
I order the tera received the cfx. I kept it and ordered a tera. They charged me shipping for the item that I already received because I paid the difference to make it right. So that needed to get refunded, then when I was doing order for tera it said order wasn't complete then doubled up my tera order which needs to refunded. All I wanted was the damn tera for my birthday n all I have now -$500 and a broken cfx with a tera in the mail

I would rather have two teras. I paid more for the cfx through askweedipedia. I don't like that the cfx chamber cracked that fast n easy. A quick search showed I wasn't a lone on this just one of the people it happened to sooner

EDIT*** I was actually contacted by them so they could tell me they actually sent both tera units, so yeah I actually paid for a cfx, and two teras but I am currently using my pax3

EDIT AGAIN ::: The co owner of weedipedia called me directly to apologize for the giant shit show and because the cfx was already dead. When my two teras arrive I will send the cfx back in the package with the extra tera. Man oh man it has been a head ache. It honestly could have just been my order. Their customer service was quick to reply and accommodate, but it was just a mess and felt as if there was to many people scrambling and trying to fix the same problem. It was nice for some one higher up to finally step in and get everything setup and fixed. I just really wanted to use a new tera for my 30th bday haha....

I would rather have two teras. I paid more for the cfx through askweedipedia. I don't like that the cfx chamber cracked that fast n easy. A quick search showed I wasn't a lone on this just one of the people it happened to sooner

Last edited by a moderator:
iDRINKBLEACH,
Reactions: Summer

froufrou

As far a valve goes? I assume vapor leaks out from the end of the mouthpiece and end up being wasted between tokes? A one-way valve would allow the user to draw in the vapor, but stop it leaking out when the user isn't inhaling.

A couple of days ago i ordered some VapeXhale ELBs as i've read that lots of people with the CFX use these as they fit just right.

I've looked at some videos of people trying to explain the way someone should inhale using a vape. During my life[i'm 61] i've almost always used little wooden pipes or joints, used a bong a handful of times and don't like them.
Maybe i've not learnt how to inhale the vapor correctly? Yesterday i didn't feel that stoned after vaping. I'm taking long, slow, deep tokes, longer than what i've been used to doing in the past. Haven't had a big cloud at all, maybe the dope i have isn't the greatest?
A little disappointed at the moment but it's early days i suppose.

Actually the day after i ordered the CFX i started reading about the Fury 2 and looking at lots of user reviews, sounds a pretty good unit. Wish i'd of been aware of the Fury 2 just a little bit earlier.
When i first started reading up on vapes i thought i'd get the Mighty but spending around $450 seemed too much of an expense. So in the end i thought i'd not bother getting a vape at all, but i was still curious about vaping so i ended up getting something around half the Mighty's price tag.

badbee

As far a valve goes? I assume vapor leaks out from the end of the mouthpiece and end up being wasted between tokes?

Vapor leakage isn't really a big concern, no need to worry. The CFX is a conduction\hybrid device which means it takes a while to heat up and cool down. It's not ideal to leave for hours and then reheat. You can try a second session but it's more effective to vape the whole thing at once (over 5-10 min). The good tasting terps and some of the THC will dissipate due to the left over bowl heat but that doesn't happen quickly so no need for a valve.

It can take a little while to get used to vaping. Keep at it for a few days if you are newly quitting combustion. Long and slow is the right way to go for the CFX and most session vapes. A pipe or joint burns faster the more oxygen you pull through, electric vapes can be overwhelmed and cool off too much if you pull too fast. You may prefer the higher temps while figuring it out.

Summer

Long Island, NY
I didn't see any leaking, but I've only used it a couple of times because the draw resistance is impossible for me.

Sorry to say, you bought the wrong vape for what you want your experience to be. No user error on your end, it's just this particular vape. As I said, get a wpa for it. It will greatly improve performance, thus your satisfaction. Or get the replacement & sell it in the Classifieds, new or slightly used, then wait for the CFX later this year as I'm doing.

Summer,

froufrou

I've gotten more used to the cfx and i like it, however i wish the draw resistance was a little better.
If i hadn't of bought the cfx i would of went for a Fury 2 or an Edge, because they both sound very good.[to this novice.]
Is the draw a little easier on either of these two vapes compared with the cfx? Are either a better vaporizer than the cfx? I'm itching to buy a 2nd vape[i think it'll be easy to start a collection of vapes] and i keep going back to one of these 2.
I like the fact they have the capsules, although i do use ELBs in my cfx too.
Thanks.

froufrou,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
This thread is now re-opened and has been merged with content from NewFC. Read more about it here.

Stu,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I wonder if I should get this instead of a mighty to have a backup to a desktop and also a good one to take to a friends house on an hotel...decisions decisions..

m0sh,

Boundless Vape Technology

Manufacturer
Merry Christmas and happy holidays!

Thank you all for your support this year, we wish all the best to you and your loved ones. It definitely hasn't been an easy year but positivity and virtual togetherness helped us through it. We are grateful for this community and all of you. The input from FC is valued and crucial to our growth. For those who have purchased our units, joined in on our live streams, commented on this forum, sent a DM, or emailed in, thank you for helping us grow! Let's look forward to a great 2021!

Currently, we are working hard on releasing new dry herb units and improving the Terp Pen series. There is also new branding and a revamped website in the works.

Just a reminder, today is the last day of our Dabmas sale for up to 30% off on our website www.bndlstech.com.

We are always open to hearing what the community has to say Please feel free to DM or email me at Eric@bndlstech.com anytime. Much love and best wishes for the new year!

p3cx3

Merry Christmas and happy holidays!

Thank you all for your support this year, we wish all the best to you and your loved ones. It definitely hasn't been an easy year but positivity and virtual togetherness helped us through it. We are grateful for this community and all of you. The input from FC is valued and crucial to our growth. For those who have purchased our units, joined in on our live streams, commented on this forum, sent a DM, or emailed in, thank you for helping us grow! Let's look forward to a great 2021!

Currently, we are working hard on releasing new dry herb units and improving the Terp Pen series. There is also new branding and a revamped website in the works.

Just a reminder, today is the last day of our Dabmas sale for up to 30% off on our website www.bndlstech.com.

We are always open to hearing what the community has to say Please feel free to DM or email me at Eric@bndlstech.com anytime. Much love and best wishes for the new year!
hi eric, i really wish to know if you will launch CFx 2,0 or new version, you told me about the beta testing, never got any more info, could you tell a bit more!

Long time ago I heard a Cfx 2 was due.
No word of it on boundless website but:
had seen some pics about a maybe fan made freshly look CFx, rumers were around the web, i really like to see if they make a new CFx unit

CatchDoubleDuece

Came looking for info on how to buy the CF-Hybrid and found it is no longer in production. Bummer.

Curious if there are any plans to re-introduce a hybrid in an upcoming new product release. Kind of feel like the CF-H was the best of all worlds:

-hybrid heating (convection + conduction)
-hybrid core chamber rings (glass + wood)
-hybrid material (dry herb, wax, e-liquid)
-hybrid interface (510 thread + dry/wax heating chamber)
-replaceable battery
- 14/18mm water piece adaptor

Would love to have digital per degree temp range vs presets and maybe the ability to control how much convection vs conduction, i.e. maybe sliding scale is in 0-100%, 25/75, 50/50, 75/25, 100/0 or similar if that's even found to be beneficial.

Curious if anything like this in consideration.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Wasn't the CF/h a turd in nice clothes and the reason it is no longer made?
Curious if anything like this in consideration.
The CF/x 2.0 is/was due any time now, maybe Covid19 fucked that up too!
The CF/x 2.0 is supposed to have a variable convection to conduction ratio feature so you can dial in your own preference...just have to keep waiting I suppose.

LesPlenty,

CatchDoubleDuece

The CF/x 2.0 is supposed to have a variable convection to conduction ratio feature so you can dial in your own preference...just have to keep waiting I suppose.
Thanks for the catch-up, saw some pretty favorable video demos of the hybrid and I suppose the versatility was my kryptonite. I'll never use the liquid tank feature, prolly never use the 510 either though my wife would in a pinch but def flower and concentrates would be the daily norm and I like the possibility a future 2.0 might allow the ability to fine tune between leaning towards more flavor or better cloud production.

I work in a sesh friendly workplace environment and it'd be nice to have a decent low-temp convection sipper at the desk in between the desktop sessions out in the common area. Been using my solo since forever and it finally tanked.

One of my worries is w/ rubberized casings becoming toxic and/or breaking down over time, i.e. like the sticky side of electrical tape

My solo was aluminum but I did have to ditch the rubber cap (after market kit/case combo) due to this. I might do the community a favor and pick up a CFV in haste thus triggering the magic of Murphy's Law with a new model being released right after nearly every time I scrutinize over a purchasing decision and buy something fancy.

CatchDoubleDuece,
Reactions: LesPlenty

p3cx3

My solo was aluminum but I did have to ditch the rubber cap (after market kit/case combo) due to this. I might do the community a favor and pick up a CFV in haste thus triggering the magic of Murphy's Law with a new model being released right after nearly every time I scrutinize over a purchasing decision and buy something fancy.
I do really like CFv when tasting new or fresh strains, is awesome for taste and flavor, sadly i could reach the sweet spot on low temps, for fat clouds i love to run max temp, the high and punch are 2 interesting features on this unit.

About a new unit, I don’t think so, they did a remake on CFV, now it runs the same Tera’s Bowl, a Stainless steel chamber, over a redesigned heat element to make it full convection, the battery its is weakness, 3 or max5 sessions with a full charge, that’s my best mark,

Tera have removable batteries, if battery life is something to consider, 18650’s and wall charger, the best combo!

well i really wish they make a removable 18650's version of CF/ CFx, that will be the cherry on the pie fom this company / brand.

regular CF is maybe one of the all time vaporizers, CFx has more battery life, but i really like the simplicity of Regular CF, the CF hybrid is cool for cart users!

Regards,

VaporBull

As far a valve goes? I assume vapor leaks out from the end of the mouthpiece and end up being wasted between tokes? A one-way valve would allow the user to draw in the vapor, but stop it leaking out when the user isn't inhaling.

A couple of days ago i ordered some VapeXhale ELBs as i've read that lots of people with the CFX use these as they fit just right.

I've looked at some videos of people trying to explain the way someone should inhale using a vape. During my life[i'm 61] i've almost always used little wooden pipes or joints, used a bong a handful of times and don't like them.
Maybe i've not learnt how to inhale the vapor correctly? Yesterday i didn't feel that stoned after vaping. I'm taking long, slow, deep tokes, longer than what i've been used to doing in the past. Haven't had a big cloud at all, maybe the dope i have isn't the greatest?
A little disappointed at the moment but it's early days i suppose.

Actually the day after i ordered the CFX i started reading about the Fury 2 and looking at lots of user reviews, sounds a pretty good unit. Wish i'd of been aware of the Fury 2 just a little bit earlier.
When i first started reading up on vapes i thought i'd get the Mighty but spending around $450 seemed too much of an expense. So in the end i thought i'd not bother getting a vape at all, but i was still curious about vaping so i ended up getting something around half the Mighty's price tag.
It's been a while since I've been on the boards but wasn't there a work around using the Mighty/Crafty mouthpiece on the CFX or am I mistaken?

VaporBull,

Vapolaborium_To

Boundless CFX Glass Inserts:

- the glass inserts offer the possibility to start or stop vaporizing immediately,
- better cooling
- less resistance to draw compared to the original inserts
- with glass or metal screen -> easier cleaning ( burn out )
- can be used on both sides
- short as long as possible ( not shorter than 4cm upper edge outside of the device )
- easy filling and emptying -> simply tighten the crush like with a straw, push in, done!

Boundless Vape Technology

Manufacturer
Boundless CFX Glass Inserts:

- the glass inserts offer the possibility to start or stop vaporizing immediately,
- better cooling
- less resistance to draw compared to the original inserts
- with glass or metal screen -> easier cleaning ( burn out )
- can be used on both sides
- short as long as possible ( not shorter than 4cm upper edge outside of the device )
- easy filling and emptying -> simply tighten the crush like with a straw, push in, done!

Woah, these look neat! Great job, I'm very interested to see this in action.

pop22

Can anyone comment on the airflow on the CFX?

Thanks....

Robert-in-YEG

“Genius doesn’t work on an assembly line basis.”
- Captain James T Kirk.
The airflow of the CFX is good, the Tera is even better. I have both and I like them both. The CFX is the go to for sharing with others and BIG hits. The Tera is king when used with a bong!

And I've never understood the fuss about the Mighty, I'v owned two of them and never really liked them. To me, both of these Boundless vapes are better, and the Tera's removable batteries seals the deal for me.

And spoiler aleart! There IS a new CFX.......... the when ( or if ) it is released the question!

pop22,
Top Bottom