Battery Free Ganz - The Flare Induction heater

bobothevaper

70w on the tempest is slightly disappointing. Maybe using stainless steel balls will do it? I'd really appreciate it if you could do some more testing when you have the time
How much does the wand output? Anyone know?

bobothevaper,

SockPuppetTheatrics

70w on the tempest is slightly disappointing. Maybe using stainless steel balls will do it? I'd really appreciate it if you could do some more testing when you have the time
I think someone said in another thread (possibly the Tempest or Forge threads) that SS balls wouldn't be impacted by an induction heater; the electromagnetic current (or whatever; I'm probably butchering the terminology) doesn't penetrate deeply enough to impact much more than the induction layer. SS FMJ is probably the best bet. I want to say the production version of the Tempest is getting a new induction layer, but I'm not 100% sure of that.

Nevermind, I am sure of that: https://madheaters.co.uk/products/tempest-beta-upgrade-kit

It'll be interesting to see if it makes a difference with the Flare.

SockPuppetTheatrics,

kokolokokolokon

Following. Hopefully more posted tests soon. Thanks. Interested in thermocore?
I would like ti test with the thermocore, but I dont have it (even that anvil is not mine :lol:).
Maybe the thermocore has the same problem than the tempest with the flare

Yeah. It looks like a firmware limitation, like the yllih (which doesn’t detect the tempest). No logic when the coppercore can get more power than the tempest.
Of course im going to do more tests! I hope i get the new batteries today

Does the Tempest fit with an FMJ?
Yes it fits. But, at least with a silver ring

But if you remove the magnetic layer then the power goes from 65/70W to 90W…

It'll be interesting to see if it makes a difference with the Flare.
I dont thing so. If it is a firmware limitation then the only option to make it work better in the flare is to use a less magnetic layer, something counterproductive in theory.

I was expecting to use it at 100/110w with the tempest to reach that sweet point the wand has in the first heat up, and even more.

I can say it can heat an armored cap like a normal cap in terms of time. The hyperdyn super fast but you cook the walls a lot (a device design failure). I need to get the sweet point between power and height with the fusion 2.

I will post results and configs :tup:

Last edited:

BushRanger

Hit It & Quit It
Stressed Fc Goa GIF by Indian Super League

BushRanger,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I would like ti test with the thermocore, but I dont have it (even that anvil is not mine :lol:).
Maybe the thermocore has the same problem than the tempest with the flare

Yeah. It looks like a firmware limitation, like the yllih (which doesn’t detect the tempest). No logic when the coppercore can get more power than the tempest.
Of course im going to do more tests! I hope i get the new batteries today

Yes it fits. But, at least with a silver ring

But if you remove the magnetic layer then the power goes from 65/70W to 90W…

I dont thing so. If it is a firmware limitation then the only option to make it work better in the flare is to use a less magnetic layer, something counterproductive in theory.

I was expecting to use it at 100/110w with the tempest to reach that sweet point the wand has in the first heat up, and even more.

I can say it can heat an armored cap like a normal cap in terms of time. The hyperdyn super fast but you cook the walls a lot (a device design failure). I need to get the sweet point between power and height with the fusion 2.

I will post results and configs :tup:
Short version - been playing for maybe 2 hours.

I agree that the Flare isn’t working as well with the Tempest, Anvil ThermoCore or Anvil DuraCore as I hoped maxing out at 60W or 70W for the ThermoCore… it sort of was fumbling at the top end of the heat - by that I mean the way the device heats the listed devices means the bowl gets heated (Tempest & TA) which I don't like exactly.

I was dumb and used 105W on the TA3 and ended up in a ball of smoke.

I think the Flare heats more of the device that the Forge does which is interesting.

Need more time and to clean my bloody combusted TA’s

You did order the Fusion, right? That wasn't a bonus?
I was convinced by … the dozen or so people who kept asking me if the Fusion 2 worked in the Forge to buy one.

Last edited:

kokolokokolokon

I agree that the Flare isn’t working as well with the Tempest, Anvil ThermoCore or Anvil DuraCore as I hoped maxing out at 60W or 70W for the ThermoCore… it sort of was fumbling at the top end of the heat.
It works with less wattage in the better devices for IH :lol: and more wattage in the others.
The coppercore can be heated with 120W without fmj.

I tried a heat up with the tempest at 70W. It gives good flavor but not the great perfomance it gives with the wand. Maybe it needed more time. I´ll keep testing

I think the Flare heats more of the device that the Forge does which is interesting.
The coil is big

kokolokokolokon,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I am SO dumb... I only just noticed you can adjust the height of the bottom of the Flare where the device goes in... that changes a few things...

Initially (first attempts) :
Forge is better for the Tempest and Anvil & VerdaVap
Flare is better for the TA3, TA4 & Fusion 2

I do like the fact the Flare is SILENT... unlike the Forge which beeps and squeals all the Fing time

Last edited:

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I understand the tempest beta upgrade kit includes a "upgraded induction sleeve"

Not been following the thread closely, but what exactly is this, and will the upgrade improve the performance with the flare?

DaBouse

I was holding out on an IH until the results were in for tempest use. May have to be ordering that wand after all.

DaBouse,

Singularity Walker

I tried a heat up with the tempest at 70W. It gives good flavor but not the great perfomance it gives with the wand. Maybe it needed more time. I´ll keep testing
That was my exact fear when I read they were tuning the device to try & detect mass and adjust the wattage in use instead of allowing the user selected wattage to be used.

Logo

Does anyone know if there's going to be a "boost mode" like on the YLL 2.0?

Logo,

Casualt

That was my exact fear when I read they were tuning the device to try & detect mass and adjust the wattage in use instead of allowing the user selected wattage to be used.
Could this (user selectable wattage) be something they allow through a firmware or software download?

Casualt,

kokolokokolokon

Last edited:

kokolokokolokon

Flare with naked tempest (no ih layer, no calibration module).
95W 23 sec:

Flare with convector.
80W 10 sec (with reheats):

Flare with the pipe X.
85W 10 sec (with reheats):

I hope i wrote everything right.
I wish i could do this with new batteries, but i still waiting them to arrive.

And sorry for consecutive posts. I cant make a post with more than 5 media

Top Bottom