Battery Free Ganz - The Flare Induction heater

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Yeah this is a bit of a dilemma for me. I'm really new to this style of vaping and only picked up my first Dyna in Feb. Tried a torch for a bit but found it hard to get good consistency. Deciding to try induction I did some reading and settled for the YLL2.0 over the Wand, because it was a bit cheaper and had more options to dial things in. It's been really great and I don't regret it for a second, but now I'm dead set on getting a Tempest as soon as they are available and I don't have an IH that's compatible xD.

The Flare sounds like the ticket as it appears to be a juiced up YLL2.0 which I'm already very familiar with. But with being in Aus, and with the Tempest about to drop, I'm not sure how long I'd have to wait (or how much I'd have to pay) to get my hands on one. Maybe I'll have to suck it up and just get good with a torch 🥲
The Flare will be release in the next few weeks, I was talking to the guy and he was just waiting for them to drop. I am really hopeful the Flare will be able to manage most devices given it can do the Fusion 2 which is causing issues with other Induction heaters I have been playing with. I really want the Flare to be good especially given the 18650 - i am worried that 3 is to little and it should have had like 21700 instead as things like the Solo III are being built off them so I wonder if the power is going to sufficient but we will see, at least i have a hand full of the18650 batteries

Tempest will take about 10 business days to ship and the shipping fee is reasonable.

TheScamericann

I pre ordered. I have an Anvil, a Tempest, a TA3 and numerous Dynavaps and I’m hoping this works well with all of them.
If you go on BFGS website they claim the forge works with dynavaps and anvils but need a metal jacket like the FMJ.

TheScamericann,

kokolokokolokon

If you go on BFGS website they claim the forge works with dynavaps and anvils but need a metal jacket like the FMJ.
They are using a duracore to configurate the flare. Maybe it is different with the thermocore due to his bigger middle mass.

Anyway a IH which works better than the wand with the tempest, allows you to heat the fusion, and allows you to heat an anvil (with or without fmj) (+armored cap) is a win-win.
I said it multiple times in the tempest thread, but the main problem the wand has is it can´t handle with a lot of big mass devices. It works with the tempest, but it just reach almost 100W the first heat ups. (and the usb port and the battery indicator are bad)

A IH which can handle 110W for more heat ups and can handle the fusion and the anvil for that price would be excellent for those who have some of this devices and don´t want to spend a ton of money on a IH.

Impatient to see how it works

Sudolewdo

The Flare will be release in the next few weeks, I was talking to the guy and he was just waiting for them to drop. I am really hopeful the Flare will be able to manage most devices given it can do the Fusion 2 which is causing issues with other Induction heaters I have been playing with. I really want the Flare to be good especially given the 18650 - i am worried that 3 is to little and it should have had like 21700 instead as things like the Solo III are being built off them so I wonder if the power is going to sufficient but we will see, at least i have a hand full of the18650 batteries

Tempest will take about 10 business days to ship and the shipping fee is reasonable.
Ah awesome, great to hear they'll be available soon! Yeah for sure will be interesting to see how the Flare goes with that battery setup. I did have to try a couple of different 18650 cells to find ones that held performance at lower charge levels with the YLL2.0 (probably no surprise but the Molicel P28 was the way to go)

Sudolewdo,
Reactions: lukepat

Jojofernz

Does anyone know if the anvil Thermocore will work in this? I keep hearing you’ll have to throw an FMJ on the anvil to work, which is bit silly to me but not sure if that was only the duracore?
Just wanna see how many devices are compatible before grabbing one

Jojofernz,
Reactions: lukepat

kokolokokolokon

Does anyone know if the anvil Thermocore will work in this? I keep hearing you’ll have to throw an FMJ on the anvil to work, which is bit silly to me but not sure if that was only the duracore?
Just wanna see how many devices are compatible before grabbing one
They are using it with the duracore. But maybe the thermocore has the mass the flare needs to use a good amount of power

Top Bottom