BAKx - bake all kinds

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
that's our problem... we don't know if it's 370f or 390f or 420f.... that's why need a thermometer.. hehe
i respect you ofc bro but it's so easy to think it's 370f and it's 430f i learned it on my own skin!
i respect the way you see it ofc, i know having a thermometer can be too 'ocd' i just had it here and i recommend it to any bak user imho! it's so easy to mislead

Yeah my point is none of that matters, those settings are not that far apart, because it's always relative for each device, I don't even know if measuring it is accurate enough because it doesn't matter, I use different settings in different vapes, I don't know or care what they actually are, I know what I'm looking for and how to get it consistently... I've said before my settings could be 30° off but sometimes they feel accurate which makes me think it's not going to be consistent regardless because there are so many different ways to use it which is why I say measuring the temperature that way is interesting albeit not actually helpful to use the vape and get the most out of it really? Of course I respect you as well I just don't agree with the way you are reaching your conclusions so quickly and thank you could be getting more out of your BAK is all ;)

your load looks like half load + clouds like i've got on 440f +-

Again, you have to take that with a huge grain of salt, if you're trying to be scientific with temperatures etc, you cannot judge by the looks of mine here, there are way too many variables and flaws to take that as anything exact, to me just like you are trying to accomplish by all the measuring with the thermometer... Perhaps we could talk more one-on-one about the styles of use haha I'm just not sure you are using yours the best way for you, I approached mine pretty cold without overthinking too much and had no issue avoiding combustion for example

GoldenBud

Again, you have to take that with a huge grain of salt, if you're trying to be scientific with temperatures etc, you cannot judge by the looks of mine here, there are way too many variables and flaws to take that as anything exact, to me just like you are trying to accomplish by all the measuring with the thermometer... Perhaps we could talk more one-on-one about the styles of use haha I'm just not sure you are using yours the best way for you, I approached mine pretty cold without overthinking too much and had no issue avoiding combustion for example
ok calibrated my bakX with a thermometer, checked temp. 395F is great. but the high is more sedative other than uplifting, conduction vs convection. i think it's a great vape at real 395F.

70w not needed imho. 60w-65w is also great.
I think it's like the purer Anvil or so. great to diverse with. I recommend buying a thermometer anyway also because some people like to reduce the resistance 0.01 from cold (TCR=185...) , i found with 2 mods that it is needed to reduce at least 0.022 from cold.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

ok calibrated my bakX with a thermometer, checked temp. 395F is great. but the high is more sedative other than uplifting, conduction vs convection. i think it's a great vape at real 395F.

70w not needed imho. 60w-65w is also great.
I think it's like the purer Anvil or so. great to diverse with. I recommend buying a thermometer anyway also because some people like to reduce the resistance 0.01 from cold (TCR=185...) , i found with 2 mods that it is needed to reduce at least 0.022 from cold.

Yeah and I suggest trying to milk much lower temps stepping, if you want the lighter high and terpy vapor :tup:

GoldenBud

Yeah and I suggest trying to milk much lower temps stepping, if you want the lighter high and terpy vapor :tup:
real 385F, greaaaat flavor, but requires around 50s of preheat... the clouds arrive after 100s~ but it worthes it! wow nice! the session is so long!
edit:
so maybe because the herb sits in the oven for longer time than a convection device, but its color after the session is darker so... yeah maybe slightly less terpenes in the overall but more thc or cbn idk... body effects too.....

Last edited:

RedZep

Can someone talk a bit about the vape signature please. It seems conduction heavy so should favour that heavy eyed stoney body feel (which I love at night). However it seems quite novel in how it achieves this conduction, so wanted to check.

Would also love to know about restriction. Is it wide open? Also due to the conduction bias, I presume you don't need a draw speed sweet spot like the TM2 for example. Does the vapour just tend to pour out like a mighty for example?

Shit Snacks

Can someone talk a bit about the vape signature please. It seems conduction heavy so should favour that heavy eyed stoney body feel (which I love at night). However it seems quite novel in how it achieves this conduction, so wanted to check.

Would also love to know about restriction. Is it wide open? Also due to the conduction bias, I presume you don't need a draw speed sweet spot like the TM2 for example. Does the vapour just tend to pour out like a mighty for example?

It is more conduction, can make vapor on its own, not exactly session or on demand per say, the airflow is a bit restricted however, through the tube, so dependent on the load

GoldenBud

Can someone talk a bit about the vape signature please
it's like a Dynavap/Anvil but with a better taste as long as the tube is clean and your stem/wpa is cleaned too.....
with around 400F temp it is needed to be soaked around 60sec to get decent vapor, but after 30 seconds of soaking the taste is amazing for a conduction device....

after 60 seconds at around 400F, i ramp it up to 430F, wait 5-10 seconds, and it rips and give me the whole experience. body effects too. very strong vape. I limited the session time in the settings to 200s in case I forgot the stem inside. up to 430F never combusted. it can become dangerous above 430F but depends... fast draw even 450F is supported without too much soaking.

It's recommended to purchase a 5$ "needle" thermometer anyway, imho

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Theoretically if my temp settings were off I would have to be adjusting my resistance much lower and I don't really want to do that anyway I'm fine never using near 400 myself

GoldenBud

Theoretically if my temp settings were off I would have to be adjusting my resistance much lower and I don't really want to do that anyway I'm fine never using near 400 myself
My Predator is having cold resistance 0.215 and calibrated at 0.193
My rim c cold is 0.202 calibrated at 0.184

Your dual cold as 0.208 and locked at 0.201

A lot of difference
Get a thermometer (:

GoldenBud,

GoldenBud

It's not a dual... Just the Evic vtwo mini, recommended calibration is still resistance .200 to start, when I was calibrating it felt right for my needs, again I really don't care, I think it's different for each of us anyway...
yeah, that's the recommendation if you don't have a thermometer, TCR=185, 0.200 locked, temp = 350f , but it's not really 350f, it's 440f+ according to my thermometer.... the difference between 0.200 locked to 0.193 locked is huge.... it's not your low temp device, it's the hottest vape you tuned... and I LOVE these clouds you've brought! :brow:
never seen that Protege of yours more cloudy... I think...

and yea, sorry, your Evic mini, but it's almost the same thing... I don't see an option that cold res'=0.208 and locked as 0.201 or even 0.200.. around 0.195 or even less.. that's where the real temp is... imho...

edit
ok @Shit Snacks it's not so bad like I was thinking at 0.200 but my 0.200 is still 0.015 from cold ..... it's ~194c instead of 175c after 300 seconds of soaking. it's still the low temps kinda. going to try it now..no vapor for me, had to bump it but it's not too bad yea! the difference... seems like!
1677009661482.jpg

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

yeah, that's the recommendation if you don't have a thermometer, TCR=185, 0.200 locked, temp = 350f , but it's not really 350f, it's 440f+ according to my thermometer.... the difference between 0.200 locked to 0.193 locked is huge.... it's not your low temp device, it's the hottest vape you tuned... and I LOVE these clouds you've brought! :brow:
never seen that Protege of yours more cloudy... I think...

Prophet* ;) not sure I even posted it any other video with it though lol

and yea, sorry, your Evic mini, but it's almost the same thing... I don't see an option that cold res'=0.208 and locked as 0.201 or even 0.200.. around 0.195 or even less.. that's where the real temp is... imho...

Yeah, well they're not the same exactly, I don't know if many other people are using this mod like me, but I made the choice to stop messing with resistance and instead focus on the temp settings for myself once I settled into .201 as that sort of tinkering is pretty tedious in my experience with other pure convection mod vapes... I've done it fine, but it's been a long time and I don't have much interest in it anymore :lol:

edit
ok @Shit Snacks it's not so bad like I was thinking. it's ~194c instead of 175c after 300 seconds of soaking. it's still the low temps kinda. going to try it now..no vapor for me, had to bump it but it's not too bad yea! the difference... seems like!
1677009661482.jpg

Haha yeah so it is all relative, the heat soak, and how you load, when you hit and how etc :tup:

GoldenBud

Haha yeah so it is all relative, the heat soak, and how you load, when you hit and how etc :tup:
with a heatsink it was hotter. it's not accurate by 20c, but still considered low temps - no vapor. vapor comes only from real 400F+

I don't recommend using heatsinks. maybe mine were cheaper than usual, idk, didn't like it..glad I took it off!

Shit Snacks

with a heatsink it was hotter. it's not accurate by 20c, but still considered low temps - no vapor. vapor comes only from real 400F+

Yeah in my experience vapor comes from about 300F though it is thin and tasty it is still visible clearly

I don't recommend using heatsinks. maybe mine were cheaper than usual, idk, didn't like it..glad I took it off!

Oh well, when I first tried to set my BAK on this mod, it wouldn't work at all from overheating, so I've been using a nice stainless steel heat sink from Humboldt vape tech, that is how I configured mine and it is great

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: GoldenBud

GoldenBud

Yeah in my experience vapor comes from about 300F though it is thin and tasty it is still visible clearly
it's not real 300F, it's 300F if you reduce 0.007 instead of 0.02 or so.. you can test it.. lock your resistance at 0.189 and raise temp to 430F.. same experience +- ? like 350f with 0.007 reduced..

GoldenBud,

2pumpchump

i am ready to sell my soul for the drop... who am i bleeding to for my signature...??
sell-soul-devil-signed-contract-footage-109794973_prevstill.jpeg

Mmmmkay...
Somehow that is another part why this scares the hell out of me tbh. I'm just not ready (mentally and financially) for yet another rabbit-hole...
Al them chaseable rabbits... it's a crime!
i'm starting to feel like a hungry fox since i picked up my first vape

edit: when i switched to vaping one argument i used a lot was that i'd save money not having to buy tobacco anymore...
Yeah right... Little did i know i'd be spending those savings (and then some) just so to buy the next vape.
Joints cost more weed but never cared about accesories, paraphernalia or bongs and such when i smoked. There was little to do or to add/change to perfect the experience.
Good weed and good rolling skills: that was more or less it...
Vaping is a completely different game.
Too many options to alter the experience completely!
So many vapes and so little time/money...
No stress but... better choose right...
yeah it seems like that I was spending it at first but at today's prices that's $3,000.00 us a year I have to spend on coils new vape mod .. I'm a new member hear that some how stumbled in to this thread and now I'm sad because is seams I have the wrong thing on top of my mod !😪
Does the geek vape mods support the firmware I bought that 4 years ago and daliydrive be the vape shop I worked with closed I don't remember what chip it has I quit keeping up with them not having to know every product to help people find what they actually want ... I see they are limited and believe not release just yet. I was wondering about the price point ? # it sucks being the new guy lol

2pumpchump,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
yeah it seems like that I was spending it at first but at today's prices that's $3,000.00 us a year I have to spend on coils new vape mod .. I'm a new member hear that some how stumbled in to this thread and now I'm sad because is seams I have the wrong thing on top of my mod !😪
Does the geek vape mods support the firmware I bought that 4 years ago and daliydrive be the vape shop I worked with closed I don't remember what chip it has I quit keeping up with them not having to know every product to help people find what they actually want ... I see they are limited and believe not release just yet. I was wondering about the price point ? # it sucks being the new guy lol
Can't you just unscrew the atty?

Grass Yes,

GoldenBud

Lol yes standard 510 most tanks RDAs and cartridges use ( caution if using for carts please understand using your mod first)
The problem is I don't have one to screw on it
if this mod doesn't support arctic fox, and i don't think it is, it sounds like you need to purcahse a Wismec Predator / DNA100C mod or so

2pumpchump

Oh, I get the joke now. The BAKx is the one you want to screw on it. 😃
Yea got several mods and and attachments for well everything but flower pretty much . The only 1 I ever owned was a $20 globe kit I gave to someone for dab but the flower part was a joke that was back in 2012. Gave up on vaping bud .. till last year and found something I felt like work so I'm still not fully swapped over...but with 1 working product restore faith . Started researching join this site because seam to be more helpful and less full of B.S based on my Google search for the question .and here to stay. But something like this is great for me owning several mods already

2pumpchump,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Shit Snacks

it's not real 300F, it's 300F if you reduce 0.007 instead of 0.02 or so.. you can test it.. lock your resistance at 0.189 and raise temp to 430F.. same experience +- ? like 350f with 0.007 reduced..

I actually meant generally though, that vapor can begin that low, sooo for me my BAK is temp regulated fine based on my experience with other vapes, unique but similarities :tup:

2pumpchump

I actually meant generally though, that vapor can begin that low, sooo for me my BAK is temp regulated fine based on my experience with other vapes, unique but similarities :tup:
If I can find my 1st Gen rx300 I'll fix the 510 that broke with a heavy duty 1 . But I think I can still use that mod just have to to tune the temp like building a coil and other software that works well for it

2pumpchump,
Top Bottom