BAKx - bake all kinds

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
It's not a real 350F
@Oil420FL use TCR 185 0.02 below cold and 420F and you will get the electronic Vaponic for real. Worthes every penny.

... You're doing it again bud, please stop telling people you know their temperature settings and calibration, and their own experience really, better than they do ... What do you gain from this?? I think the thread has become really cluttered with the back and forth now...

I try not to engage in discussions on temp accuracy any more. Bottom line for me: if I spent hundreds of $ on an oven for my kitchen & found out that it's temp control is +/- 30 degrees AND when it's set at 400 it isn't really 400 degrees Fahrenheit AND we have no way of measuring the actual temp accurately, then I'd be returning that oven and writing a very bad review.

I don't really see how this analogy applies here, not only is BAKx much cheaper than an big oven, you configure the temp control yourself...

Shit Snacks

I tested two mods..

You don't know how he is using his, how he loads how he hits it, etc. Just because you're reading the temperature in your own BAK across two mods, does not mean you know everything about everyone else's individual experiences my dude, you could very well be right, but repeating yourself about it is a bit draining since we feel the need to retort

GoldenBud

Were either of them a dna mod?
no, but chooo said TCR=185, not SS316L which is around TCR=90~
I would like you to test TCR=185 if you can, I don't have the money for DNA mod now.. (reduce ~0.02 from cold)

@Oil420FL it's not a regular oven. you need to set 3 things by yourself: Watts, Resistance, TCR. not a big deal, but it's not the easiest oven on earth. not a big deal AT ALL. installing Windows 11 is much harder than this. MUCH.

and trust me about it, once it's ON and set right, you will prefer this vape over another conduction vapes... (Dynavap/Solo/Anvil etc')
PS
with tubomyevic software you don't need to set Watts to 70. it's already 70w from installation. Also TCR 185 is automatic I think 99%. so all you need is to reduce 0.02 and 420F 20-40 sec soaking and have fun ;)

Last edited:
GoldenBud,

Shit Snacks

My watts are 75 I'm not sure why limiting to 70 I use the max for my mod, this certainly was easier to configure temp control than the pure convection counterparts in my own experience for my own temp control ;):p

GoldenBud

My watts are 75 I'm not sure why limiting to 70
You're absolutely right! even 100w is possible and the temp is being reached sooner! but for 1 battery mod I'd suggest using even 60w....
If I were in USA I'd buy another Predator lol, my greatest mod ever maybe....

Rim-C - Used also 50w. it was ok!
Reminder: TCR 185, 0.184 locked (-0.018 from cold) , 50w, temp 450F (Wismec Predator is a better choice.......)

Last edited:

GoldenBud

But how many thermometers did you try? :D
I mean: There's thermometers and there's thermometers... ;)
I don't know which one you got but if you only have one it's always best to take the results with a grain of salt i reckon.
you're right, a real engineer needs two thermometers, but i can test boiling water to see if it's around 99c, will give an update/edit soon.

OK @666Honeybadger i think it's fine? Because pouring into a glass will reduce its temp?
IMG-20230301-221252.jpg

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I try not to engage in discussions on temp accuracy any more. Bottom line for me: if I spent hundreds of $ on an oven for my kitchen & found out that it's temp control is +/- 30 degrees AND when it's set at 400 it isn't really 400 degrees Fahrenheit AND we have no way of measuring the actual temp accurately, then I'd be returning that oven and writing a very bad review.
I suppose for a device like this one, where the flower is loaded directly in a conduction-heated chamber, one could accurately measure the temperature of that chamber and decide that was useful information. For other devices, especially convection-oriented, I would not find that useful at all.

Even in the bak case, I think draw speed, etc is going to change the experience enough that my 350f is not your 350f. Anyway, I would be fine with a dial from 0 to MAX POWER on all my devices, if that device held that state reliability.

GoldenBud

Even in the bak case, I think draw speed, etc is going to change the experience enough that my 350f is not your 350f. Anyway, I would be fine with a dial from 0 to MAX POWER on all my devices, if that device held that state reliability.
IMHO, you should use your Predator. this mod is money. enjoyed it so much with tubomyevic software.

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
IMHO, you should use your Predator. this mod is money. enjoyed it so much with tubomyevic software.
I tried it yesterday. I like AF on that mod but it seems to work reasonably well. I think I am going to reflash my RX Gen3 with tubo because I was messing around with my own fork of it and probably messed something up. It does work well with the BAKx and the settings I originally posted.

I also need to fix the screen on my DNA mod that I got from @Shit Snacks . 😃

GoldenBud

I tried it yesterday. I like AF on that mod but it seems to work reasonably well.
I really would like to see how it performs for u with tubomyevic TCR=185 0.193 locked and 70w or 75w temp 410F-430F
but up to you. I am so happy I brought it. My evic dual is not working TCR :(

GoldenBud,

Shit Snacks

also need to fix the screen on my DNA mod that I got from @Shit Snacks .

Oh I actually doubt that one is not going to be good for the BAK really by the way, because it is dna250 with no C (I believe only the C variants can now do cruise autofire)

my RX Gen3 with tubo

I also haven't had much luck with G3D using Tubo or consistently accurate temp control myself, but each one can be different!

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Oh I actually doubt that one is not going to be good for the BAK really by the way, because it is dna250 with no C (I believe only the C variants can now do cruise autofire)
Ah good to know. Still need to get it fixed though 😃
I also haven't had much luck with G3D using Tubo or consistently accurate temp control myself, but each one can be different!
Interesting! I like mine a lot with the BAKx and my Splinter V2. Although I am using the predator with the Z I got off you. Works fantastic!

someTooL

Being a person who knows nothing about mods (really appreciate the technical back and forth though) should I stay away?

Can I buy an off the shelf mod to use or do I need a pc to update mods and configure?

GoldenBud

Can I buy an off the shelf mod to use or do I need a pc to update mods and configure?
for Predator mod (from wismec usa) it's highly recommended you get a PC, download NFE tools, Update firmware from lamart.ch , then lock it 0.02 below cold (menu > coils > manage ) . not too difficult, but i dunno how to do it without a PC (for NFE/lamart firmware update)

GoldenBud,
Reactions: someTooL

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Being a person who knows nothing about mods (really appreciate the technical back and forth though) should I stay away?

I assume the mods offered by Lamart will be preconfigured to work well with the BAKx. However escribe does require a computer to configure it if you want to change things.

EarthworldTim

I recently acquired some mods and flashing tubo on to a P80 was about as easy as could be just from Lamart's instructions. Configuring will likely be more involved but I wouldn't let mod inexperience hold you back unless you just want something that works without any fuss.

Shit Snacks

This is how most of us felt before taking a leap, many with the pure convection on demand style 510 previously, but it is not too bad to quickly learn the basics... Yes a PC is important to get the custom firmware to get more control over the mod, however Ralph should be offering DNA mods that may be able to arrive preconfigured?? We'll see soon

Top Bottom