BAKx - bake all kinds

GoldenBud

There are a few advantages mentioned up thread, but most people seem to prefer tubo or a DNA mod because the autofire/cruise timeout can't be disabled in AF.
i agree. and it's much important to configure the mod right (70w, TCR 185, reducing resistance 0.02 from cold and lock it) other than which mod is being used. I didn't like the fact that the AF firmware is limited to 60sec only, so really tubo/DNA is better....

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
If the only kind I’m looking to bake is flower would I be better off with a p80?

Not necessarily at all, they just offer different signatures, BAK has much more restricted air flow and relies heavily on conduction, as such I find it a bit slower and harsher when compared directly with *TP80 and its pure convection... Both very effective for herbs!

*P80 itself is just a mod, which can also be used with the BAKx, so in written reference you need the T for Tetra in my opinion :tup:

GoldenBud

You have other vapes that are convection and conduction. What does the BAKx add to your experience?
It's exactly like the Anvil but I think it gives slightly a better taste than the Anvil. IMHO, it's 100% conduction vape, but all-glass ofc as we know....
real 220c temp, 40 sec soaking, gives huge clouds like the Anvil.
and it will be good for concentrates ofc

I only have the Vaponic/Dynavap but I prefer the BAKx over these. all my other vapes are convection devices.

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
@iDRINKBLEACH very kindly loaned me his BAKx. I have only spent one evening with it so far but I like it. Pretty unique. Pretty tolerant to different load sizes and temperatures so far. I'm using a RX Gen3 dual. I think a lighter mod might be better but it's still pretty nice.

It's exactly like the Anvil but I think it gives slightly a better taste than the Anvil.

It doesn't really remind me of my Anvil, for better or worse. More like the TRWW Quartz Cap, which I suppose makes sense. Like you said it is very tasty. Very stony so far. I would like to spend more time with it before I make up my mind. Although my new Zenith keeps distracting me 😃

Shit Snacks

it's 100% individual
some people like conduction, some people like convection

And some people like both, rotating, and or hybrids etc... It's pretty unique and a great compliment, to have the chamber and vapor path fully removable and cleanable for conduction like this...

You have other vapes that are convection and conduction. What does the BAKx add to your experience?

As I am saying above, it is pretty damn unique, you can use it on demand or session really, you can build more conduction or emphasize more convection if you want, it is extremely versatile and the chambers/pathways are fully pure and cleanable with glass stem system... On top of that it has full power and temp range, versatile connectivity, honestly it can easily replace most every other conduction oriented vape I've ever used for these reasons?

It's exactly like the Anvil but I think it gives slightly a better taste than the Anvil. IMHO, it's 100% conduction vape, but all-glass ofc as we know....

I really don't think it makes sense to describe it this way, comparisons etc, but 100% really depends on how you use it...

GoldenBud

As I am saying above, it is pretty damn unique, you can use it on demand or session really, you can build more conduction or emphasize more convection if you want, it is extremely versatile and the chambers/pathways are fully pure and cleanable with glass stem system... On top of that it has full power and temp range, versatile connectivity, honestly it can easily replace most every other conduction oriented vape I've ever used for these reasons?
I really want you and the other testers to get a needle thermometer, and you'll see that it's a conduction vape, and not a low temp vape. How can I arrange this?

you will see that this vape is working ONLY from 400F+ and its sweet spot is around 430F, 40 sec soaking (from cold), huge conduction clouds.

How can I convince you to get a needle thermometer?
IMHO, it's not possible that I needed to reduce 0.022 with the Predator mod, and 0.018 with the Rim-C, and you had to reduce only 0.008. it doesn't compute.

you run the BAKx on 500F or so IMHO thinking it's less than 400F...

you will see that this is not an on-demand vape, and it is running with 400F+ temps... no low temps on this ride... no convection on this ride... but pure tasty conduction (more than Dynvap/Anvil)

@Grass Yes have you set it TCR=185 and reduced the resistance around 0.02 from cold, locked, with 70w max? with temp=430F?

Last edited:
GoldenBud,

Shit Snacks

I really want you and the other testers to get a needle thermometer, and you'll see that it's a conduction vape, and not a low temp vape. How can I arrange this?

you will see that this vape is working ONLY from 400F+ and its sweet spot is around 430F, 40 sec soaking (from cold), huge conduction clouds.

How can I convince you to get a needle thermometer?
IMHO, it's not possible that I needed to reduce 0.022 with the Predator mod, and 0.018 with the Rim-C, and you had to reduce only 0.008. it doesn't compute.

you run the BAKx on 500F or so IMHO thinking it's less than 400F...

you will see that this is not an on-demand vape, and it is running with 400F+ temps... no low temps on this ride... no convection on this ride... but pure tasty conduction (more than Dynvap/Anvil)

@Grass Yes have you set it TCR=185 and reduced the resistance around 0.02 from cold, locked, with 70w max? with temp=430F?

I just think you were too hung up on that, what does that have to do with it being conduction or convection I've seen people use it in a convection manner where there was not enough time for conduction to build and there are other variables in that as well... I don't just use mine at one setting, loaded one way, so how can I convince you that each of us are having different experiences and without one of us having everything exactly as the other, the comparisons are not that meaningful imo... I can send you my address for Amazon shipping so you can feel free to order me a thermometer lol

GoldenBud

I just think you were too hung up on that, what does that have to do with it being conduction or convection I've seen people use it in a convection manner where there was not enough time for conduction to build and there are other variables in that as well... I don't just use mine at one setting, loaded one way, so how can I convince you that each of us are having different experiences and without one of us having everything exactly as the other, the comparisons are not that meaningful imo... I can send you my address for Amazon shipping so you can feel free to order me a thermometer lol
my concern is that : because you never ran a vape on 500F, if you run the BAKx on 500F, you can't really give your HONEST veteran vaporist opinion on that . you are a highly valued veteran vaporist, and if it's not calibrated, I can't take your word on it 100%, and it will be the first time ever since 2019 that I can't take your word on a vape (!!!)

GoldenBud,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
TCR 185, Resistance set to .2, 40w max although maybe I should bump that. Very effective at 370F as claimed on the mod.

I don't care much about what the temp says vs. the actual temp of my weed as long as I can get the results that I want. I haven't fiddled with locking in a resistance below the cold read. But I will soon.

GoldenBud

TCR 185, Resistance set to .2, 40w max although maybe I should bump that. Very effective at 370F as claimed on the mod.
please wait until the device is cold, do 'Zero all' on the resistance, reduce 0.02 from cold, lock it, 70w, temp=425F, 40sec soaking, and show me please the ABV...

well, 0.200 is fine for 370F because your real temp is 430F+... but i want to see if minus 0.02 works here too... I tested 2 mods, it should be...

***guys i don't want to say i am better than anybody - i just wanted everybody to be on the same configuration line - sorry @Shit Snacks if i was aggressive - not my intention - i wanted everybody to be calibrated, but it doesn't matter in real life IF you already enjoy it, other people will have a choice - calibrate (TCR=185 minus 0.02 70w) or not... if it works, it works***

also remember : BAKx cold resistance should be around 0.215 with the Predator
and 0.202 with Rim-C ...
so my BAKx was 0.193 calibrated
and my Rim-C was calibrated at 0.184

have fun. it's a great vape

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
please wait until the device is cold, do 'Zero all' on the resistance, reduce 0.02 from cold, lock it, 70w, temp=425F, 40sec soaking, and show me please the ABV...

well, 0.200 is fine for 370F because your real temp is 430F+... but i want to see if minus 0.02 works here too... I tested 2 mods, it should be...
I am convinced this is an elaborate prank to make me combust in this loaned vape.:lol:
I will try it anyway. I even have a meat thermometer so I could try to replicate your experiments, but I don't know that I want to reinforce the idea that we should ever think the number on a screen reflects what is the temp of our device. :)

Shit Snacks

my concern is that : because you never ran a vape on 500F, if you run the BAKx on 500F, you can't really give your HONEST veteran vaporist opinion on that . you are a highly valued veteran vaporist, and if it's not calibrated, I can't take your word on it 100%, and it will be the first time ever since 2019 that I can't take your word on a vape (!!!)

LOL well I have other vapes that I use often without exact temp control, so we really have no idea my experience with 500F but I seriously doubt my BAK is anywhere near that range... It is calibrated enough for me, as has been said I think the specifics are irrelevant, but you have no need to take my word for it here as you have one for yourself! I just don't know why you think you're experience is completely universal...

***guys i don't want to say i am better than anybody - i just wanted everybody to be on the same configuration line - sorry @Shit Snacks if i was aggressive - not my intention - i wanted everybody to be calibrated, but it doesn't matter in real life IF you already enjoy it, other people will have a choice - calibrate (TCR=185 minus 0.02 70w) or not... if it works, it works***

All good brother, it's just that you are making some broad generations based on your own experience with only two mods and one BAK, your own materials and style of vaping with it... I just don't believe your calibration is like the gospel, while mine is merely insufficient, when there are so many variables :2c::peace::tup:

GoldenBud

All good brother, it's just that you are making some broad generations based on your own experience with only two mods and one BAK, your own materials and style of vaping with it... I just don't believe your calibration is like the gospel, while mine is merely insufficient, when there are so many variables :2c::peace::tup:
yeah bro, i got into conclusion that it doesn't matter what real temp it is, as long as you don't forget the stem inside TOO MUCH seconds, so the ABV won't be "too black", it's all fine! I am saying that the BAKx is like the Anvil but I never knew what temp the Anvil is!

so it doesn't really matter! it's a fun vape for sure. and a battery saver comapring to the tetra!!

Fesob_31

Is there a real advantage/difference of using a DNA mod with this vape instead of a regular mod with arcticx fox or tubo firmware ?

I think the main advantage could be the availability of the DNA mod in the market, which is very limited for the tubo supported mods, not produced anymore.
If you already have a mod with tubo firmware better stick with it so don’t lose the tubo specialities.
I am very curious about the “Lamart escribe profile” already loaded on DNA the devices that will be available at the launch.
I am also curious about the possibility to tweak to our needs the Replay mode in the DNA mods...if there is any (it could also be useless at all).

Maybe we should begin to discuss more about wattage delivered/time needed and live resistance than TCR and cold resistance 😉

Last edited:

Oil420FL

it's not real 300F, it's 300F if you reduce 0.007 instead of 0.02 or so.. you can test it.. lock your resistance at 0.189 and raise temp to 430F.. same experience +- ? like 350f with 0.007 reduced..
The impression that I'm getting from your comments and related replies is that the BAKx produces very thin vapor until it's set close to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Right?

I try not to engage in discussions on temp accuracy any more. Bottom line for me: if I spent hundreds of $ on an oven for my kitchen & found out that it's temp control is +/- 30 degrees AND when it's set at 400 it isn't really 400 degrees Fahrenheit AND we have no way of measuring the actual temp accurately, then I'd be returning that oven and writing a very bad review.

Razhumikin

The impression that I'm getting from your comments and related replies is that the BAKx produces very thin vapor until it's set close to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Right?

I try not to engage in discussions on temp accuracy any more. Bottom line for me: if I spent hundreds of $ on an oven for my kitchen & found out that it's temp control is +/- 30 degrees AND when it's set at 400 it isn't really 400 degrees Fahrenheit AND we have no way of measuring the actual temp accurately, then I'd be returning that oven and writing a very bad review.
I get thick vapor on 350

Top Bottom