• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Auber Enail Discussion

Mulehead

I knew there was an Auber thread around here somewhere...

Dear Auber users, and prospective purchasers -

I have been talking to Auber about introducing a 'boost mode' or, as its known on other enail controllers, 'glob mode', into their controllers software. Does anyone have any suggestions for this? This is as far as I've got with Auber so far, and it sounds pretty good to me...

"Okay, then, how about this:
1) User can save/program 3 Special Boost Modes (let's call it SBM for now). In each SBM, user can define a Stand-By Temperature, a Boost Temperature, and a Boost Timer (can be anywhere from 1 to 999 min).
2) There will be a special menu that allow the user to set these parameters for each SBM.
3) A new controller will be in the Standard Mode when it is first powered up.
4) The user can turn the knob 3 dial clicks, either clockwise or counter-clockwise, to bring up the Mode-Selection menu. By turning the knob, the user can browse through all modes. The available modes are "B-1", "B-2", "B-3", and "STD". Press the knob down to confirm the selection.
5) Once in a SBM, the user can start or stop the heating (to the Boost Temperature) by pressing down the knob. On the other hand, the user cannot adjust the Boost Temperature like he/she could do in the Standard Mode. This has to be done by going to the special menu.
6) If the Boost Timer runs out, the controller will maintain the temperature at the Stand-By Temperature.
7) If the controller is powered off during a SBM, it will stay in the same SBM when it is powered up again. "

Thats Auber themselves I'm quoting there, btw.

Oh, and I asked about the Boost Timer option and how that would work and got this reply...

"Actually, thank you for your question on the timer! Otherwise we may have to come up with one more firmware version to get it right. We can add a setting "OFF" to the Boost Timer, so the complete range would be: "OFF", 1 min, 2 min, ..., 999 min. So, if you don't need the timer, you can select "OFF". This would be similar to Auto Power-Off Timer (APO) on the RDK-300A.

Another question for you regarding the timer resolution. When the timer is between 0 min to 10 min, we could add seconds in the timer, i.e., 0:01 to 9:59 in the unit of Minute:Seconds (or 0.01 to 9.99 in the unit of Minutes). Do you think higher timer resolution would be helpful or unnecessary? Thank you."

Any one got any thoughts?
I like where your head’s at @emmdeemo!
All that in a dual PID controller:2c: and I’d be a very happy customer!!:tup:

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Oh right. Thing is, the reason they're going for this is because its just software. They aint having to design a whole new controller, not to mention the manufacturing that goes with it :)

EmDeemo,
Reactions: snamuh

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Do you know if the firmware will be user updatable?

I had wondered that myself, but at some point I've read on here that Auber require you to send back your controller for updating, and considering I havent bought one yet, the thought didnt get any further.

I've just sent them an email asking for confirmation and seeing what options people will have.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Auber -

"Most likely the new firmware is compatible with the old controller/hardware, but I am not 100% sure yet. However, even the upgrade is possible, we won't be able to do that for free. We have to charge a fee to cover the labor and shipping cost."

I've asked in return if there is a way we can open up the controllers and update the firmware ourselves, even if it means voiding the warranty.

Mulehead

Auber -

"Most likely the new firmware is compatible with the old controller/hardware, but I am not 100% sure yet. However, even the upgrade is possible, we won't be able to do that for free. We have to charge a fee to cover the labor and shipping cost."

I've asked in return if there is a way we can open up the controllers and update the firmware ourselves, even if it means voiding the warranty.
Either way I’m in on another rdk 300 with the new software. @emmdeemo you’ve got me hooked on that uptemp dabbing method, and this would make it push of a button effortless. Thank you for sharing, and your dedication to experimentation :science: is quite impressive! You also have me thinking, after your videos, a T-bucket pairs rather nicely with the Auber.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Either way I’m in on another rdk 300 with the new software. @emmdeemo you’ve got me hooked on that uptemp dabbing method, and this would make it push of a button effortless. Thank you for sharing, and your dedication to experimentation :science: is quite impressive! You also have me thinking, after your videos, a T-bucket pairs rather nicely with the Auber.

T-Bucket is SO responsive to controller/coil temp changes that boost mode is becoming essential for me :) Highly recommended bit of kit.

VaporScript

Auber -

Regarding the discussion about the new RDK-300B on the NewVape Flowerpot Twax Vaporizer thread this morning just before the thread was locked, I contacted Auber via their contact page about the possibility of having one of my RDK-300A controllers upgraded to the RDK-300B. They responded immediately and stated the cost is only $8.00 plus return shipping, which I believe is $10.00. I am sending them one this morning!

If you are considering an upgrade, be sure to contact them first via their contact page and they will send more information and a RMA# that needs to be written on the outside of your package. Here is a link to their contact page:

Loading…
www.auberins.com

Lastly, a huge thanks to @emmdeemo for convincing Auber to initiate his idea! Thanks emmdeemo...I hope you get a new 300B or an upgrade soon!

Summer

Long Island, NY
A continuation of THIS FC thread.

Thanks to @EmDeemo's suggestion & following up with Auber, they have upgraded their 300A firmware to 300B to include a new Boost mode. And, for a small fee & self-payment of shipping both ways, Auber will upgrade your enail's firmware from A to B.

Read the few posts starting here for further explanation:

All said, emDeemo, could you explain in simple terms how the Boost mode works & what it's benefits are as I haven't wrapped my head around it yet? Is Boost mode simply temp-stepping?

And a thank you to @VaporScript for contacting Auber & getting all the upgrade info.

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Boost Mode...

Its really easy to set up, and one button press to use.

My controller set to 500f permanently, one button press at it shoots up to 600 and stays there until I hit the button again.

Boost mode instructions here... https://auberins.com/images/Manual/RDK-300B_supplementary.pdf

Its pretty awesome. I now have access to 6 different set temps. I've only set up two but 6 is well useful. Once set up and activated, its possible to cycle thru all 6 set temps really quickly and easily. A swift turn of the knob gets the boost menu up, and two clicks later, you're in a different boost mode - and one button press to cycle between those two temps, etc etc.

@Summer Temp stepping isnt a million miles away from what it is. For dabbing, it means being able to start the dab low, for flavour maybe, and then have the temp raise up to finish the dab. It will also come in useful for doing bigger dabs.

Tbh, I probably would have used this feature if I was still doing flower with an FP too. Fill a massive bowl, start at say 500f for all the amazing flavour, then slap the button once to instantly start the temp climb to 630f or so for finishing the bowl.

Boost/Glob mode :)

Yes, a boost explanation please.
Is it just a quick shortcut to you just turning up the set temp to a higher temp?

Ha! Yes. Or a lower temp, any temp. But it also means that I can set temp profiles for dabbing thca, or very runny terpy stuff. Options. Three saved boost/glob set of temp settings.

Does all that help at all? I cheated by copy/pasting what I posted in the Tbucket thread, so obviously feel free to ask anything.

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
@EmDeemo, how long was the upgrade turnaround time from shipping?

Since concentrates & flower differ (duh), would the time it takes for the enail to boost to the new set temp degrade or burn the flower if the head remains on the bowl or would it be nec. to put the head on the stand while heating it up further?

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE

Since concentrates & flower differ (duh), would the time it takes for the enail to boost to the new set temp degrade or burn the flower if the head remains on the bowl or would it be nec. to put the head on the stand while heating it up further?

I got a new model so the upgraded firmware came already installed. The controller was ordered on the 26th of May and arrived at my door on the 28th of May here in the UK! @VaporScript has sent a controller in to be upgraded so they will be able to us a better idea of the turnaround time.

Re: Flower, that would depend entirely on the temps. From doing temp stepping myself with the FP, I would say that it would be absolutely fine to leave the head on the bowl while its heating up to boost temp. Obviously, I only condone the head on the bowl while inhaling :) But yeah, if I was still doing flower, I'd be loving this too. One button press to go to another preferred temp.

Very handy, very convenient. Not for everyone obviously, but its an option I can only see on much more expensive controllers, hence asking Auber for this.

EDIT: Basically, I got boost mode yesterday, and IM NEVER GOING BACK! :D

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Does anyone know the best configuration to set the Temperature Control Parameter settings at for a Flowerpot Vrod coil?

Ramahs,
Reactions: EmDeemo

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Does anyone know the best configuration to set the Temperature Control Parameter settings at for a Flowerpot Vrod coil?

I dont know the best setting for those, but after having a quick look at the manual linked too above, the PSL temp correction coefficient is about the only thing I'd be tempted to mess with, in 'system parameters' menu 155.

@RustyOldNail might have looked into this more, but I dont think theres any benefit from changing any other settings.

@Summer The other thing one could use the boost mode for is having the nail on, but at just a warm temp instead of off and cold. Hit the button once and be shooting up to your preferred temp quicker than starting from cold. Another button press and its cooling back down to a safe but not totally cold temp.

I cant see myself using this option but someone may find it useful, and the manual seems to suggest this as another way of using boost mode (I think).

Last edited:
EmDeemo,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I dont know the best setting for those, but after having a quick look at the manual linked too above, the PSL temp correction coefficient is about the only thing I'd be tempted to mess with, in 'system parameters' menu 155.

I already had the manual open in another tab when I posted the question. The manual tells me how to change the settings, but the ideal settings are different for different setups. I was just wondering if anyone knew the best settings to calibrate the Auber 300A to work best with the Newvape coil for the Vrod. Mine definitely has some serious lag that I'd like to fix if possible.

Ramahs,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
What do you mean by your coil having lag? The NV coil just has a different connector to fit into the Auber, pretty sure the coil itself is just a standard coil.

EDIT: Looking at the manual again, and if I'm understanding this correctly, the only other settings you can really change are the amount of power the controller sends to the coil as a percentage when the set temp is different to the coil temp. At stock settings its talking about when its 2 to 5 degrees off. IIRC, from looking into this waaaaaay back when, I dont think theres any real benefit to be gained with the FP and messing with these settings.

EDIT2: The OTH setting looks interesting.

Last edited:
EmDeemo,
Reactions: Summer

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I already had the manual open in another tab when I posted the question. The manual tells me how to change the settings, but the ideal settings are different for different setups. I was just wondering if anyone knew the best settings to calibrate the Auber 300A to work best with the Newvape coil for the Vrod. Mine definitely has some serious lag that I'd like to fix if possible.

What setting are you referring to? Are you trying to add an offset to the PID, to match user temp PID setting to actual temperature?

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: EmDeemo

VaporScript

I shipped a controller to them for the upgrade on Thurs, 5/29 and will post again when it is returned.

However, back in January I inadvertently connected an incompatible coil with a RDK-300A and blew out a fuse and relay. Auber only charged me $15.00 to repair it, and it only took 4 business days. They returned it via 2 day shipping.

I am hoping the turn around time for this upgrade is similar to what I experienced in January.

Edited for spelling errors.

Top Bottom