Auber Enail Discussion

HippieHitman

HotBoxin' My Wheelchair
Hi FC just got My enail 20mm and 20mm Diamond knott it seems that after i put the coil on the banger it will slide off what gives they both are 20mm?

HippieHitman,

YabbaDABBAdo

Hi FC just got My enail 20mm and 20mm Diamond knott it seems that after i put the coil on the banger it will slide off what gives they both are 20mm?
You have to adjust the coil to fit the nail more snugly take a pair of pliers and gently adjust clockwise to tighten and counter clockwise to loosen the coil take it slowly and do no bend the coil it’s more of a flex very slight adjustment that should solve the issue

I recently picked up an RDK300 with a 20mm coil and then the dnail halo...realizing that I need a flat coil I went to the local shop and picked up the only flat coil they had, Brindle Farms...plugged it into my RDK and it shows an -H- on the display...assuming the pinout must be wrong? Any thoughts?

Thanks

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
I recently picked up an RDK300 with a 20mm coil and then the dnail halo...realizing that I need a flat coil I went to the local shop and picked up the only flat coil they had, Brindle Farms...plugged it into my RDK and it shows an -H- on the display...assuming the pinout must be wrong? Any thoughts?

Thanks

most likely not the right pinouts. dnail and coils wired to dnail spec work on the aubers. Id check the manual on their website to make sure thats the error code but really its a 50/50 on the pinout

most likely not the right pinouts. dnail and coils wired to dnail spec work on the aubers. Id check the manual on their website to make sure thats the error code but really its a 50/50 on the pinout
Exactly, I slid back the connector sleeve and found the pinouts totally different. A few minutes with the multimeter and the iron and all is working now :) Strange though, temperature swing with this flat coil is as others have said, at least 15 drop with a hit while the 20mm coil on the stock auber nail with a sapphire insert saw no more than 3-5 drop with any hit size. I have an auber flat coil inbound in the mail which I'll test. Happy to be working on this sic halo dish now!

shredder

Exactly, I slid back the connector sleeve and found the pinouts totally different. A few minutes with the multimeter and the iron and all is working now :) Strange though, temperature swing with this flat coil is as others have said, at least 15 drop with a hit while the 20mm coil on the stock auber nail with a sapphire insert saw no more than 3-5 drop with any hit size. I have an auber flat coil inbound in the mail which I'll test. Happy to be working on this sic halo dish now!

Do you have the flat heater coil directly under the halo dish?

After I configured mine like that and after I flattened my heat coil in a vice I got my temp drops down to about 8 degrees. That and make sure the parts arent loose, finger tight is fine, but not loose. It helps to pre heat the carb cap as well, cause a cold cap will bring down temps too.

Good luck with your sic halo, I love mine.

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum

Ill second that its most likely the cap, especially if its the proper dnail V2 cap, it'll easily suck 15-40 degrees out of your SIC Halo, just let it sit until the nail goes back up and stabilizes or torch it for a few seconds before putting on the dish.

Baron23

Ill second that its most likely the cap, especially if its the proper dnail V2 cap, it'll easily suck 15-40 degrees out of your SIC Halo, just let it sit until the nail goes back up and stabilizes or torch it for a few seconds before putting on the dish.
Great replies to @quietgrass on the pin outs and preheating the carb cap.

The D-nail carb cap is, to me, essential equipment for a Halo. I put it on, wait a few seconds for the temp drop to bottom out, and as soon as it starts to rise again its ready to dab.

Take care and thanks for the great answers for this gent.

snamuh

ghost
Hello everyone.

I want to get an enail setup.

Some backstory...of what I'm looking for...
I use CBD isolate daily and want definitely want an enail for it. I have been eyeing the flowerpot because I don't like mixing cbd with bud directly. I thought the flowerpot would be great for hitting both at the same time. Anyway... $400 isn't the kind of money I should be spending.

If I got the auber 300 could I get the flower pot attachment in the future?

Is it best to just get the auber enail coil or is another coil better?

I'm confused by sizing...

I'm assuming I want 20mm coil? Are most enail bangers 20mm? I'm still trying to find a quarts cup style banger. Or maybe I should just go flat with a quarts insert.... Ugh I hate decisions.

I'm going to have to post my cart at some point so I know my setup will work.

snamuh,

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
...and take care if you are thinking about a NV coil. Their pinouts are not the same as the D-Nail/Auber pins. You can't use them without re-wiring of thße pins.

BTW are the Aubers able to handle the new 150w coils from HexNail?

snamuh

ghost
I ended getting antsy and ordering the rdk300 a flat coil, and a new vape quartz hybrid. (And godddamned 40$ carb cap from NV)

Any quick tips for this set up?

Any advice on burning off with this set up? Assuming q tip Everytime and then up the heat... Just not sure what's ideal for the hardware.

The flowerpot set up will have to wait untill the next time I can't control myself.

YabbaDABBAdo

FYI I have the hex nail coil and it does work on the rdk-300! I switched from using it because of the size of the hex coil

Also I’m curious if anyone has used a 25mm coil on the rdk-300? I was thinking on contacting Auber and see if they have PID settings for a 25mm under a 20mm barrel coil setting or if they can point me in the right direction for me to figure out the correct setting! I’m one to always tinker with PID setting when I am looking for more stable temps or different reaction time.

Anyway my rdk-300 is currently in my closest :( but I just keep it as a back up and when I don’t want ppl touching my hex’s...hehe

Halfqq

Formerly Highland7
Hey all ... hope you guys can help.

So I ordered a high5 coil to use with my
Auber. Coil didn't work. After some research I see that high5 has their own wiring etc... but luckily there's a universal adapter they sell that will make it work with the auber (if I'm correct that auber is like dnail).

So I haven't used the enail in a while bit today fired it up with the stock flat coil I got from auber... and it heats up way slower than before. Takes over 10 minutes to get to 900 degrees. I've noticed on the front page there's setting people are playing with to fix issues.

Now that I'm going to use a high 5 20mm coil.... is there any settings I should change ... because I'm going from flat coil to barrel 20mm Coil?

So really 3 questions..
Should I change setting for this new Coil?
Is it going to heat this new Coil even slower?
How can I make it heat up faster?

I smoke hot dabs lol .. need high temps ... but not after 20 minutes

Halfqq,

Halfqq

Formerly Highland7
So i followed the advice on first page ... left p the same (no idea what p is) ...changed the i value (i think its the I), and changed the IEG... that wasnt working great and was frustrated so changed the oth from 40 to 100 and it worked like a charm...

that oth changing.... is that a bad thing ? I replaced the flat coil that came with the auber with a 20mm barrel coil from highfive vapes

Halfqq,

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
So i followed the advice on first page ... left p the same (no idea what p is) ...changed the i value (i think its the I), and changed the IEG... that wasnt working great and was frustrated so changed the oth from 40 to 100 and it worked like a charm...

that oth changing.... is that a bad thing ? I replaced the flat coil that came with the auber with a 20mm barrel coil from highfive vapes

PID values are still a mystery to me, but I thought the Auber had an autotune feature? Ill check the manual to find out for sure but I think they do.

Most good controllers heat up slowly, I think the idea is to alleviate thermal shock on nails, although with ti its not really needed.

I really used to be into hot dabs too back in my ti days but 900 seems awfully hot, like insta burn hot.

Also, you don't/shouldnt need to change anything going from one type of coil to another (size wise) unless you really get into per nail tuning but thats usually if you want to go as low as you can or do uptemps.

And definitely hold off on that high5 coil until you get the #2 adapter from them

Baron23

(if I'm correct that auber is like dnail)

Yes, Auber is pinned out like D-nail as are most controllers out there. High 5 went in a different direction for no reason I can discern except to lock you into buying their coils (or adapter...sigh). NV uses the same pin outs but different connector type. Gimodo you need to look at closely if buying because some of their controllers that I have looked at in the past used four pin XLR/mini-XLR.

We really could use a published standard for this.

Baron23,
Reactions: Hogni

Slagzord

Don't fuckle with shuckle
Alright, so I'm fairly certain that my coil is on its way out. I don't think it is the Auber unit itself (I hope!). It is taking forever to heat up now, if at all. Quite often it will just randomly drop to sub 200 degree temps and sit around there and never go back up. Other times it'll get to temperature and after a hit, just struggle forever to get back up to temperature...or just give up and painfully slowly roll back down to some useless number.

It has got me flummoxed as it is kind of hit and miss with this, but I'd really like to get back to my rock solid NV FP and Liger experiences I knew and loved for the past 6 months or so. If I have to get another coil should I roll with an Auber for almost 50 bucks US, or go for the DNail cords that are quite a bit more? I'unno what to do. I just wanna get blazed.

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Alright, so I'm fairly certain that my coil is on its way out. I don't think it is the Auber unit itself (I hope!). It is taking forever to heat up now, if at all. Quite often it will just randomly drop to sub 200 degree temps and sit around there and never go back up. Other times it'll get to temperature and after a hit, just struggle forever to get back up to temperature...or just give up and painfully slowly roll back down to some useless number.

It has got me flummoxed as it is kind of hit and miss with this, but I'd really like to get back to my rock solid NV FP and Liger experiences I knew and loved for the past 6 months or so. If I have to get another coil should I roll with an Auber for almost 50 bucks US, or go for the DNail cords that are quite a bit more? I'unno what to do. I just wanna get blazed.

IMO Auber coils > Dnails, the examples Ive seen from Auber have had more coils (longer heating wire wound more times creating a larger heating surface) then Dnails, also dnail coils have in my experience done nothing to justify their costs. In the hex nail thread I recently posted a pic of the coils from Hex next to a dnail coil, the Auber Ive seen look like the Hex coil and all 7 or 8 dnail coils I have all look like the 1 in the pic.

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.

I've used both Auber and D-Nail flat coils and don't recall much difference.
I do prefer the Hex-Nail flat coils though, more wraps of heating material, longer cord, higher voltage tolerance.
I got better performance with the HN flat.
But I don't know if they are in stock.

https://store.hex-nail.com/products/coils-16-20-flat

:peace:

edit: it's the AugustHaus coil that has the really long cord (not HN); but they don't offer a normal flat, instead the Liger custom coil.

Top Bottom