Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci

marduk

daydreamer
VapeForest, in the video review you posted back on June 8th, you say that the glass screen/tube is a mouthpiece and then demonstrate sliding it in... :doh:

There were a couple of comments posted earlier in the thread about that obviously incorrect statement when your review was first posted. Since you're here now and can see our comments, maybe you can edit or redo your review so people don't get the wrong impression about you or the Ascent? ;)

kyT4cwf.png

VapeForest

VapeForest, in the video review you posted back on June 8th, you say that the glass screen/tube is a mouthpiece and then demonstrate sliding it in... :doh:

There were a couple of comments posted earlier in the thread about that obviously incorrect statement when your review was first posted. Since you're here now and can see our comments, maybe you can edit or redo your review so people don't get the wrong impression about you or the Ascent? ;)

Hehe. The review will be fixed in due time. Didn't sift through 6 billion pages of this Ascent thread (not yet, anyways) so we can't clarify any misconceptions at this time. Though, we apologize to those who were misinformed by the video, as we obviously had an inadequate understanding of this particular vape at the time of creating the video (hadn't taken it apart) and this was intended to be an initial review after the first initial rounds of usage. Also, YouTube doesn't have an option to replace/update videos (so we probably won't remove the old ones, though we may rename them). The glass piece we insert into the top: yeah... that's not where that goes (lol), but it does work. Although, a screen (which it comes with) works better. Plus, you don't need a screen (the built-in glass screen is good enough) as long as you don't grind your blend up too much.

To lwien: We couldn't help but pass on reading your block of text, however, we did manage to skim enough of it to get the gist and wanted to touch up on a couple of points. We now have no signature and we hope this pleases you and the rest of the FC community and associated moderators. We haven't had time to publish reviews on our website for ALL of the vaporizers that we have tested and as a result the top 10 list isn't entirely accurate at this time, at least not by our own admittance. All the same, perhaps we should clarify in saying that our opinions are our own. If they conflict with your own. We apologize, but, that's why we opted to allow users such as yourself to contribute their own reviews and ratings using the functionality integrated into our comment forms.

P.S. We apologize for the thread hijacking, we'll try harder to keep our posts on topic!
P.P.S. lwien is right when he/she says you shouldn't take anyone's ratings/reviews as gospel. Take anything that anybody tells you with a grain of salt.

VapeForest,

VapeForest

Back to what we were trying to do: answer a question regarding the jars. The canisters from the old DaVinci won't work with the Ascent. They're just too tall to fit. When you slide one in, you can't swing it closed. Here's a picture showing the difference between the two jars (classic on the left and the new one on the right):

DaVinci-canister-with-Ascent-nope.jpg

P.S. We don't do this "forums" thing much. Maybe we'll just stop while we're apparently -58352985 cool points, lol.

VapeForest,
Reactions: vaperizor

OF

Okay, a million red flags just went up there.

Well maybe not quite a million flags, but that's sure a more accurate description than the "6 billion pages of this Ascent thread" in the post in question. A million flags I can visualize, a million is about the number of people's ears at Woodstock. But billions only has meaning to me if we're talking about Washington's ability to spend money.

Thanks for the post, it confirms that the little voices didn't really quiet down as much as the alarm bells in my head got louder......

Hopefully, in due time, actual production units will end up with enough of 'the usual suspects' and we'll get a clearer view? That's what really counts in my book.

The canisters from the old DaVinci won't work with the Ascent. They're just too tall to fit. When you slide one in, you can't swing it closed.

It fits otherwise? Cool, it's should be easy to cut one down to fit then. Hopefully someone will try?

OF

lwien

To lwien: We couldn't help but pass on reading your block of text, however, we did manage to skim enough of it to get the gist ....

Well, I'm glad you at least skimmed it. :rolleyes:

We haven't had time to publish reviews on our website for ALL of the vaporizers that we have tested and as a result the top 10 list isn't entirely accurate at this time, at least not by our own admittance.

You just admitted to it here after I brought it up. If your top ten list is not accurate, as you say, than why not take it down? A top ten list, by it's very definition is not accurate unless you break your vapes down by category. You can't rate an MFLB or a Pax against a Buddha, and in your ratings, you rate both of those higher than the SSV or the Buddha. So it's not just the omissions of other vapes that's at issue here, but the whole concept of a top ten list without qualifiers that's at issue here.

Ranking an MFLB against a Buddha is like ranking a car against a train. They're both modes of transportation that gets you from point A to point B, but the way they get you there and why you would take one rather than the other, are totally different.

I'm done. Nothing more for me to say.

Back to the Ascent...............

lwien,

VapeForest

Any info on the latch? It's hard to believe you have the latest version without it.

It's hard to believe you are now making a request mister coldest of shoulders.

To OF: It would otherwise fit, were it shorter. It's not a "snug" fit, as it would rattle around were you to shake it with one loaded.

To whoever said that the metal poker was inserted into the top (somewhat similar to how the originals had a cleaning tool stuffed inside of them) of the early Ascents: that was not the case with the one we took a look at.

To everyone who questions everything including us: Rock on. :rockon:We're just some dudes who like to vape and even amongst ourselves we argue over which vapes are the best. What the fuck do we know? Not enough, that's for sure.

VapeForest,
Reactions: Krizzle

sam reynolds

because "Samantha" is a mouthful.
It's hard to believe you are now making a request mister coldest of shoulders.

To OF: It would otherwise fit, were it shorter. It's not a "snug" fit, as it would rattle around were you to shake it with one loaded.

To whoever said that the metal poker was inserted into the top (somewhat similar to how the originals had a cleaning tool stuffed inside of them) of the early Ascents: that was not the case with the one we took a look at.

To everyone who questions everything including us: Rock on. :rockon:We're just some dudes who like to vape and even amongst ourselves we argue over which vapes are the best. What the fuck do we know? Not enough, that's for sure.

So...no latch. Got it. You don't have the latest version.

And that's Ms. Coldest of Shoulders, ithankyouverymuch.

VapeForest

I second that, you guys seen this one..."This is actually the glass stem and you can insert this other glass mouthpiece if such is your choice"...really...:bang:

Upsets me greatly morons like vapelife and vapeforest have an Ascent and I don't. I could make a better review video drunk and blindfolded.

Hahahahahaha, hell yeah man! Best quote ever. The head banging a brick wall is definitely a nice touch. Two fucking morons for sure, only we're more like a bunch of morons and VapeLife is just one dude, right?

Sifting through these old posts in this Ascent thread = GREAT idea.

VapeForest,

VapeForest

So...no latch. Got it. You don't have the latest version.

And that's Ms. Coldest of Shoulders, ithankyouverymuch.

To you Miss Shoulders of Coldness, it would seem as if there are two possibilities. Either we don't have the latest one or the latest variant has no new latching system. All the same, we definitely have two versions and were under the impression that the more recently acquired were of the final batch, however, there may be some misconception on our end. Frankly, we're now curious ourselves.

VapeForest,

lwien

I can't look away from this slow-motion train wreck.

I know, huh. Boggles my mind. Some manufacturers, retailers, reviewers, come to this site for a bit of self promotion, get challenged along the way, and come out the other side in such good standing that their visibility here has provided them what they hoped for. Others just self-destruct here at FC, and aren't even aware of it.

Damnit sam, I said I was done. It's all your fault. ;)

Ok..........now I'm done.

VapeForest

I can't tell if you're here for positive PR or what

Dude/dudette, there's no redemption for us. You saw the video. Hahahahaha.

I can't look away from this slow-motion train wreck.

You can't look away because you're a professional lurker. ;)

I know, huh. Boggles my mind. Some manufacturers, retailers, reviewers, come to this site for a bit of self promotion, get challenged along the way, and come out the other side in such good standing that their visibility here has provided them what they hoped for. Others just self-destruct, and aren't even aware of it.

Damnit sam, I said I was done. It's all your fault. ;)

Ok..........now I'm done.

Implication is that Vape Forest has exploded. Everyone run, it's raining purple trees! Wait, grab your jars!

Just because Sam Reynolds and lwien are are such cuties, it's time for another comparison. Only this time, it's more relevant than the last because we're going to compare the Ascent to the Solo and that's a close comparison, as both are top notch.

Arizer's Solo VS DaVinci's Ascent

Most of us are aware of the Solo and the quality of vapor it produces. This has been our go-to for a while, but as of late, it's been replaced in our lives by the Ascent and we're about to tell you why.

While the Solo has a decent sized loading chamber, the Ascent's is basically massive by portable standards. Both have roughly the same quality of vapor which when it came to the Ascent, was impressive because the Solo has been unmatched in that respect for so long in our opinions. So it was really a surprise to find that the vapor produced by the Ascent was on par with the Solo. Basically, they both taste great and from our experiences, we've concluded that they're both consistent and reliable.

When it comes to how long it takes for them to heat up, they're pretty close. While it obviously depends on what temperature you're using, it seems as if they're close enough that it's not worth noting any difference between the two. Keep in mind, we're typically running the Solo on level 2-3 which takes 60-70 seconds to heat up, whereas the Ascent takes around 60 seconds to heat up.

In regards to their size, the Solo is a bit more bulky. Ascents are definitely a bit sleeker and as a result they're easier to pocket. As far as cleaning goes, both are relatively easy to clean. Iso soak and rinse, no big deal.

In the end, with so many similarities, it comes down to the battery life and versatility. The battery on the Solo only lasts 1-2 hours, whereas Ascent lasts for 3-4 hours. In regards to versatility, Solo vaporizers weren't designed to vaporize oils, but the Ascents were.

This is a tough comparison to make, but for us, the answer (at least for now) is the Ascent. We say at least for now because our past experiences tell us that you can't really get an accurate assessment without testing over a prolonged period of time.

Note: like others have clearly stated time and time again, don't just eat up everything we have to say. Take it with a grain of salt. We have our opinions and they're not the end all conclusion so make sure to use your own noodle and think for yourself instead of relying on our opinions or the opinions of others.

mod note: Edit to add to a post- no back to back posting allowed. 3 posts merged.

poonman

@ VapeForest ,
Please act more ' Professional ' .
It'll help your biz .

2nd chance ;
Only because you do have an actual Ascent ,
Can you address the ability to vape budda/wax /oils in the Ascent .
pros and cons ?

tia

VapeForest

@ VapeForest ,
Please act more ' Professional ' .
It'll help your biz .

2nd chance ;
Only because you do have an actual Ascent ,
Can you address the ability to vape budda/wax /oils in the Ascent .
pros and cons ?

tia

Dude, your name is poonman and you're advising that we "act more professional" ... Hehe, but yeah, addressing your inquiry. We haven't had a chance to test wax, however, oil testing was great. By the way, be really careful not to burn yourself after you've been using the glass oil jars because those little suckers get extremely hot. Definitely want to use the metal sticks. Also, it seems you don't have to use the lids on the jars but you'll probably want to anyways.

VapeForest,
Reactions: vaperizor

brewer

Man... Vapeforest is just giving reviews and I appreciate the reviews... So what if they are seller? I don't care; their opinion is just as valid. They make money, so do does everyone else, and that's a damn good thing.

Disagree with their reviews, later , when you do your own comparison if you want... But for now maybe say thank you for taking the time to post comparisons we have all been looking for.

Anyway... THANK YOU for the comparisons.

Ok, I think I need to state something here.

VapeForest, while I appreciate your Pax/Ascent comparison, I think it's obvious as to the real reason why you are here, and that is to promote your site . . .

Now the reason that I'm going to be bringing up the following is that there are many people here who are both members and lurkers, and they come here looking for valid information regarding their next vape purchase and here is where I take issue with your site. You list the top ten vaporizers in descending order and you leave out such great product as the LSV and the Cloud, just to name a few.

So with that being said, to any readers that may be reading this and checking out VapeForest's site, please take into consideration what I said above and don't take ANY sites ratings, be it VapeForest, VapeCritic , etc as gospel.

I really don't understand this post...

(1) who takes anyone's review as "gospel" (private users are just as bias with their personal attachments to certain products as sellers are to selling certain products--and, if anything, sellers are less bias across the board as they don't care what vape you buy as long as its one they sell!);

(2) Why in the world would vapeforest list vaporizers it does not sell? That makes no sense. Are you saying that personal reviews by people should list a disclaimer for every review they write informing the reader of all the vapes they haven't tried and if they don't that is somehow bias?!

No. Everyone takes all reviews with a grain of salt and just enjoys the reading. If you disagree on a substantive point about a vape just say so, but don't attack the reviewer; reviews are opinions, e.g., statements of preference for lots of reasons, and they don't have to state anything they don't want to.

Vitolo

Vaporist
VapeForest,... Since you're here now and can see our comments, maybe you can edit or redo your review so people don't get the wrong impression about you or the Ascent? ;)
I do not frequent this thread, but just was passing through.
It is my impression that right or wrong, VapeForest wants folks to get a "very specific" impression about the Ascent.
I also think that this member has a specific impression that they wish folks to have about them.

GanjaDude

P.S. While there's no official word, we suspect that they will begin shipping VERY SOON.

Just wanted to provide everyone with an update. I have spoken to a reseller I know who got a recent update and it looks like DV has only just started the production of the final units. The Reseller are expecting to receive the units towards the end of the month. I dont know what this means from a DV selling standpoint but i believe VERY SOON is incorrect.

OF

Just wanted to provide everyone with an update. I have spoken to a reseller I know who got a recent update and it looks like DV has only just started the production of the final units. The Reseller are expecting to receive the units towards the end of the month. I dont know what this means from a DV selling standpoint but i believe VERY SOON is incorrect.

Thanks, this sounds consistent with having to make new tooling to make new cases with latches (you don't just glue the latch on the old style case). Once the tools are made some quick parts can be run off, inspected, and assembled into more Beta units. It made no sense at all that one 'reviewer' had somehow magically got one ahead of everyone else.

Hopefully the time will pass and no further issues will come up in the continuing testing and they're getting this guy back on the rails.

Thanks for the update, it seems to fit what we know.

OF

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
VapeForest...is there a chance that we can get side by side detailed pictures of the two ascents you have side by side, so we can visually compare the improvements?

WakeAndVape,
Reactions: Jill NYC

lwien

VapeForest...is there a chance that we can get side by side detailed pictures of the two ascents you have side by side, so we can visually compare the improvements?

I don't believe that VapeForest is a member here any longer. His name has been crossed out indicating possibly a ban. Could be temporary though.

lwien,
Top Bottom