Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
  • I dont think that that panel on the side coming off speaks badly for the ascent either, even if they used the same design/adhesive for the final product...especially if its a cheap reliable fix, this is one of (if not the) my favorite vapes, the taste is excellent, battery life is livable and it gets me from point a to point b in no time...I would highly recommend it . my main concern for getting it serviced is not being able to use it during that period but since the panels are ascetic and not fuctional it doesnt affect 'build quality' in my book either
Understood. Thanks, WakeAndVape. Appreciate the feedback.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Mark the DV makes huge clouds so play with it.
How?!?! I have been trying to figure that out since I purchased it...I just gave up and stopped using it all together, its literally been a paperweight since the 3rd day I had it...the ascent TOTALLY different story

WakeAndVape,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I will bring it over to the other thread to answer you as this is not the proper thread.

I hope we get answers from DV about the couple of points you made in your review post including why your battery life seems to differ from the reviewers.

brewer

FYI: spoke to ezvapes today because I am moving and wanted to get them correct shipping address...

They said they spoke to DeVinci, that there is no extra wait, and that EZvapes will receiving units next week or so for shipping out to customers...

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
IMO, Davinci should be contacted regarding the side panel. Let them make the determination as to whether there's a build issue or not. While it may turn out to be a minor happenstance not likely to happen often or elsewhere, DV may decide to make a slight alteration in their choice for panel adhesion method in future manufacturing runs. This, IMO, would be a good outcome for purchasers as a result of the report. This is entirely speculation on my part.

Snappo,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
IMO, Davinci should be contacted regarding the side panel. Let them make the determination as to whether there's a build issue or not. While it may turn out to be a minor happenstance not likely to happen often or elsewhere, DV may decide to make a slight alteration in their choice for panel adhesion method in future manufacturing runs. This, IMO, would be a good outcome for purchasers as a result of the report. This is entirely speculation on my part.
I did contact them todaynand had some communication, they are going to handle it...but if is just double sided tape or a common adhesive I would prefer to fix myself and save the time. But I might send it back for repair regarding the battery issue I (alone) have been having, I would just absolutely love to get a FULL days use without having to carry a charger with me (I probably vape 6 bowls with multiple sessions each throughout the day)

WakeAndVape,
Reactions: Snappo

Snappo

Accessory Maker
I did contact them todaynand had some communication, they are going to handle it...but if is just double sided tape or a common adhesive I would prefer to fix myself and save the time. But I might send it back for repair regarding the battery issue I (alone) have been having, I would just absolutely love to get a FULL days use without having to carry a charger with me (I probably vape 6 bowls with multiple sessions each throughout the day)
The battery issue is a big one. You may be doing everyone a big favor, including DV, by sending it back for examination and resolution. Thanks!

FYI: spoke to ezvapes today because I am moving and wanted to get them correct shipping address...

They said they spoke to DeVinci, that there is no extra wait, and that EZvapes will receiving units next week or so for shipping out to customers...
They told me the same thing:rockon:Fingers crossed:clap:

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

Dreamerr

I don't know wake cause 6 sessions of I think it was 10 mins is an hour. i would expect if running full sessions you would get about 8 which is a nice long time and about what was reported by the reviews as I read it. I believe it was about 1 1/2 hour run time. Now in your case you are doing 6 sessions times 3 heat up times each one which is where I think your battery issue comes in. I don't think any vape can handle that many heat up times.

stickstones

Vapor concierge

that sounds like twelve sessions minimum each charge, and I think that is asking too much.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I probably vape 5 minutes each session, and my preffered temp is 380 (ascent) and medium on pax (390°)
If I fully charge the pax, I can vape as many sessions as id like throughout the day and the battery rarely dies.
With the ascent I have to charge a couple times to get the same results...but maybe I am asking for too much lol...I probably need to cut back!

WakeAndVape,

Dreamerr

Well now I am not sure cause I believe the pax has one battery and the ascent does have two so unless the electronics are using a lot then it still doesn't make sense. Maybe DV will chime in. BTW wakevape a few people chimed in on your dv cloud issue so head over to that thread.

Dreamerr,
NNNNNNNNNnnoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your gonna coes another delay :p !!!

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I probably vape 5 minutes each session, and my preffered temp is 380 (ascent) and medium on pax (390°)
If I fully charge the pax, I can vape as many sessions as id like throughout the day and the battery rarely dies.
With the ascent I have to charge a couple times to get the same results...but maybe I am asking for too much lol...I probably need to cut back!

My sessions are usually much longer than yours. Twelve five minute sessions seems doable with this unit on just a minutes used basis, but heating up from cold that many times may not. You might have a faulty one...are you working with DV on this?

stickstones,

Snappo

Accessory Maker
Just sent an email to DV re croc finish. "I have noticed that the Ascent Croc version shows different skin textures in different pictures. Some pictures feature the croc skin with flat squarish texture, and other pics show a more raised & round skin texture. I prefer the round raised texture. Do the final production runs have one or the other or both? Thanks!"

Snappo,

OF

"I have noticed that the Ascent Croc version shows different skin textures in different pictures. Some pictures feature the croc skin with flat squarish texture, and other pics show a more raised & round skin texture.

While it could no doubt be done otherwise, all the 'alligator/calf' I've ever seen has a range of 'grain' to mimic the 'gator' (plates on the top and bottom being the larger, flatter ones) stamped into the split skins. So, I suspect that the covers available are random, based on the placement of the pattern in cutting? To give you what you want they'd have to select from a production run, prior to packaging? Or open and reseal some boxes.....

OF

OF,
Reactions: Snappo

Snappo

Accessory Maker
:myday:
Nice clouds but I really HATE the song on this! Stupid shit!
This is the texture that I don't care for (see pic above). If you go to the DV facebook page at the top, the croc skin is raised, round, and glossy...much better imo. I may change my pre-order to the wood burl just to avoid the chance of getting the flat textured croc.

Snappo,
Reactions: brewer

Medical Mark

The ascent is a well thought out unit to bad the oil glass jars don't produce the vapor the herb does for what ever reason heat issues not hot enough I guess.
Maybe the material of the jars is not very conductive?
Either way I suppose pure gold would work well or some kind of THC enfused essential oil wold also work thinner consistency.
Either way I guess the vapor of herb is more important considering it goes farther and vape temps alter the effects regardless of strains.
This unit produces nice consistant vapor (THR's review and video).
Maybe they'll come up with a revised oil can that conducts the heat of the chamber better thus heating up the oil better.
But ill use a mesch pad like in the plenty.
The temp range is a bonus 430 is nice and high.

Anyway I hope she gets released soon I just broke my pinnacle and busted my straight glass straw for my solo so I'm waiting in anticipation.
Cheers,medical mark

Medical Mark,
Reactions: smokum

pastadoble

have you tried preprogramming a session at a higher temp for oils? also is the experience with oil the same as with wax?

pastadoble,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
My sessions are usually much long error has a:tup: l than yours. Twelve five minute sessions seems doable with this unit on just a minutes used basis, but heating up from cold that many times may not. You might have a faulty one...are you working with DV on this?
Yea im working with them and they have been great. I know people are becoming impatient and I just wanted to let them know that it is necessary to give it time to work ALL the bugs out...they will send me a replacement unit in a couple weeks :cry: so looks like i will be able to compare the demo unit to the official unit! I for one have been having bad luck with the ascent...i think mine is dead!!! :bang:...good thing i didnt consolidate my vape collection as previously planned!

WakeAndVape,

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
Maybe the material of the jars is not very conductive?

By "the material of the jars" I presume you mean...
"glass"? :p

Maybe they'll come up with a revised oil can that conducts the heat of the chamber better thus heating up the oil better.

I suspect it will take a physical redesign to improve the cans, not a materials change as one of the selling features is indeed the GonG. Glass is a bit more difficult to work with, so maybe they redevelop the first can then make a second one for those that don't mind using other than glass (as the previous DaVinci)?

Either way, I suspect you'll see other cans in the future
:)

nigel,

poonman

Since I have not seen one up close ,
But I was thinking , thinner glass material .
Maybe just on the bottom part of the oil can .
While maintaining some thickness on the sides for better sturdiness .

poonman,
Reactions: smokum

toros23

This vape looks primarily conduction and this has been confirmed by reviewers. Glass is a very poor conductor of heat, so I would guess another material would work better but I am not a vape engineer or anything like that. I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

Snappo

Accessory Maker
This is the texture that I don't care for (see pic above). If you go to the DV facebook page at the top, the croc skin is raised, round, and glossy...much better imo. I may change my pre-order to the wood burl just to avoid the chance of getting the flat textured croc.
Davinci replied to my inquiry about the texture variance in pictures with the croc skin finish. In response, DV says they settled on the raised, rounded texture, solely:rockon:! Now this to me speaks of a company who has their discerning eye on the ball with regard to quality of style, and of course function. I did notice that a show of concern for one texture over another was completely non-present here on FC, aside from my own. Before my own awareness of a difference, DV felt there was a choice that had to be made, and I think they made the right one.

Top Bottom