Aromed 4.0

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
@lazylathe , what's about your testing with the mesh around the halogene bulb? Is it a notable increasing performance?

Hogni,

splitz

Thought I'd share this setup:

I've never liked whip tubing. I find it stinks, and takes away from the entire experience for me. As such, my Aromed has been closeted for many months. Today I did something about that.

Apologies for the dirty glass.

Modded a rec bowl and flame polished:

1.jpg

Used part of the @DDave concentration chamber as a step down. At first I had a straight through adapter, but quickly found myself out of breath before the goods were extracted - too free flowing. Restriction created by the @DDave adapter generates a tremendous amount of control at the mouthpiece end. It also allows for the heated air to circulate a little longer in the rec bowl.

2.jpg

Then into @Oregonglassblower adapter, and onto the Roor...

6c7a5540fac02bc0dfe5e6007b4c793b-full.jpg

Here's the full tube setup. I love the control this offers. Anything "tangie" and your lips pucker! There's something to be said for gently extracting only the essence. I love cloud chasing, but do notice a different feel/vibe when putting the time in to a flavorful session. Nice to have this unit back in rotation.

5e8c37c603f74f02672c68d754c8c6ef-full.jpg

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Used part of the @DDave concentration chamber as a step down. At first I had a straight through adapter, but quickly found myself out of breath before the goods were extracted - too free flowing. Restriction created by the @DDave adapter generates a tremendous amount of control at the mouthpiece end. It also allows for the heated air to circulate a little longer in the rec bowl.
Rock On @splitz

What an awesome idea!

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
personally I don't mind the idea of tubing, I just don't like the silicone. Hopefully one day I'll stumble across something nicer from a hookah perhaps. The shorter rec herb holder is definitely on my list, and I like the removal of the goose neck.

VapeKnight,
Reactions: lazylathe

AroMed HQ Vaporizer

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Welcome @AroMed HQ Vaporizer.

Are you Frank? If so, even more welcome:wave:. I have one of your vaporizers since a long time, for vaporizer timelines, and also your book that I still consult from time to time.
A pioneer in the vaporizer world.
Thank you. My name is Vincent, I am the new Aromed product manager. Frank works closely with us, he really is an awesome guy! The book is a great introduction into the world of phyto-inhalation.

okc0mputer

Does anyone know a US source for a replacement bubbler? The official aromed shop would cost over 100 euros after shipping, and thats ridiculous in my opinion.

okc0mputer,

J-Kill9109

Thank you. My name is Vincent, I am the new Aromed product manager. Frank works closely with us, he really is an awesome guy! The book is a great introduction into the world of phyto-inhalation.

@AroMed HQ Vaporizer, Glad to see the product manager with a presence on these forums.

I was wondering, can we come up with an equitable solution for American users to buy replacement herb holders? Our current option is to pay close to $100 for a single herb holder and shipping from Europe. I am not sure if you guys have simply stopped shipping to American re-sellers, or why this has become an issue. This is cost prohibitive to most of us as that is a quarter of what I paid for the entire machine. Can you please help out those of us who need replacements?

owsley

I live in the United States and I am thinking about buying a Aromed. Where should I buy it from. Should I buy it from the U.S. dealer or should I buy it overseas. Should I buy it directly from Aromed. Any website links or the names of the websites would be appreciated. Thanks

owsley,

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
I've owned mine for many years but I ordered from a U.S. retailer with no issues. It's still one of my favorite vapes. I would recommend the recreational herb holder as well.

J-Kill9109

I've owned mine for many years but I ordered from a U.S. retailer with no issues. It's still one of my favorite vapes. I would recommend the recreational herb holder as well.
From what I can tell Aromed is not supporting US distributors anymore. Every American vape site I go on has whats left of their Aromed stock (Aroma tops, mouthpieces and such), but no Aromed and no herb holders at all in stock. I really wish Aromed would give American users a solution for replacement parts that's not too expensive to maintain.

J-Kill9109,

okc0mputer

I live in the United States and I am thinking about buying a Aromed. Where should I buy it from. Should I buy it from the U.S. dealer or should I buy it overseas. Should I buy it directly from Aromed. Any website links or the names of the websites would be appreciated. Thanks

The vaporizer is great but support is gone for the US. The unit itself would probably not cause a problem, but its the glass that needs replacing on occasion, and maybe the light bulb/heating element.
If you can accept that, then you're probably going to be better off ordering direct from aromed since the US sources are dried up. (I had 2 orders from separate shops cancelled because they no longer carry aromed and the sites incorrectly listed stock)
I'm not trying to discourage you - This is still the best vape I own as far as flavor, potency, efficiency, etc. , but at this point it has some downsides. It's kind of like buying a ferrari; the performance comes at a price of higher maintenance costs...

J-Kill9109

The vaporizer is great but support is gone for the US. The unit itself would probably not cause a problem, but its the glass that needs replacing on occasion, and maybe the light bulb/heating element.
If you can accept that, then you're probably going to be better off ordering direct from aromed since the US sources are dried up. (I had 2 orders from separate shops cancelled because they no longer carry aromed and the sites incorrectly listed stock)
I'm not trying to discourage you - This is still the best vape I own as far as flavor, potency, efficiency, etc. , but at this point it has some downsides. It's kind of like buying a ferrari; the performance comes at a price of higher maintenance costs...
Keep in mind, likely the only thing you would need to order from the manufacturer once you have the Aromed is the glass replacement parts. The light can be had at most home improvement stores, and silicone tubing is rather easy to come across. I would say the rubber band needs replacement on occasion too. I ended up using two hair ties tied together and hooked to the spots where the old band was, its worked phenomenally for me. Maybe Research and Experience will make a solution for American customers that's not so cost prohibitive.

J-Kill9109,

owsley

Keep in mind, likely the only thing you would need to order from the manufacturer once you have the Aromed is the glass replacement parts. The light can be had at most home improvement stores, and silicone tubing is rather easy to come across. I would say the rubber band needs replacement on occasion too. I ended up using two hair ties tied together and hooked to the spots where the old band was, its worked phenomenally for me. Maybe Research and Experience will make a solution for American customers that's not so cost prohibitive.
I emailed Aromed a couple of days ago about buying a Aromed from them and to see if there is any upgrades coming in the near future. I did not hear back from them. I take this as a sign that their not interested, at this time in servicing the United States market. I would LOVE to buy one of them but living in the United States does not seem to be cost effective to purchase a Aromed knowing that you would have to order spare parts from them with high shipping cost. There must be some reason that all the U.S. distributors quit selling there vaporizers and accessories. BUMMER!

owsley,
Reactions: joekar

okc0mputer

I emailed Aromed a couple of days ago about buying a Aromed from them and to see if there is any upgrades coming in the near future. I did not hear back from them...

I emailed them earlier this month and it took about 10 days to get a reply, but it did eventually come. It was confirmed that there are no North American Distributors at the moment, and at the moment there are no plans for any. Maybe the US Market wasn't profitable anymore, especially being somewhat of a connoisseur vape these days...

AroMed HQ Vaporizer

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@AroMed HQ Vaporizer, Glad to see the product manager with a presence on these forums.

I was wondering, can we come up with an equitable solution for American users to buy replacement herb holders? Our current option is to pay close to $100 for a single herb holder and shipping from Europe. I am not sure if you guys have simply stopped shipping to American re-sellers, or why this has become an issue. This is cost prohibitive to most of us as that is a quarter of what I paid for the entire machine. Can you please help out those of us who need replacements?

We are currently actively searching for distributors in North America, as we are fully aware of the demand for new devices and replacemnt parts.
I would like to formaly apologize to anyone having to deal with this at the moment.
Kind regards,

Vincent

J-Kill9109

We are currently actively searching for distributors in North America, as we are fully aware of the demand for new devices and replacemnt parts.
I would like to formaly apologize to anyone having to deal with this at the moment.
Kind regards,

Vincent
Thank you for letting us know! Is there any way you can comp shipping for American customers who need to buy replacement parts to use their Aromeds? I can't see myself continuing to use it with how high the operational Costs are now.

J-Kill9109,

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Isn't it cheaper to buy bespoken replacements for the bowls made by an US glass blower? It's so simple shaped a beginner of glass blowing could make it, I guess.

Top Bottom