Aromed 4.0

I'm a bit late to the party but have been considering getting this vaporizer or another box unit such as the one from Vapor Brothers. I've also been considering getting de Verdamper which I loved using in Amsterdam or the Herborizer--I really like the idea of an all glass unit but the lack of precise temperature control is a strike against them. The Aromed seems to tick all the right boxes but I'd really appreciate any feedback on vapor quality and how well this unit works with a water pipe. I'd like be able to microdose as well as have longer sessions too. How does the Aromed compare to the other units that I mentioned?

One potential point of concern is something that another member brought up earlier but hasn't been answered yet.

Is there an alternative to the PTFE part in the aromed? Like a third party replacement or one made by aromed that one could replace the PTFE one with? Would it be possible to make one out of a sader material like wood, for instance? I feel like a lot of people would be hesitant to buy or even use the aromed due to the teflon so it would be extremely bad business by R&E to not offer an alternative.

I’m also wondering about the air path and if the light bulb is isolated from it. Does the air path pass the halogen bulb? Would’nt it be easy to isolate it and still let the IR heat heat the herb by simply having glass between them?

I'd love to hear from the Aeromed company rep on this thread or anyone else who could comment on these issues.

Thanks for any ideas or feedback which might help me make a decision on which unit to buy.

okc0mputer

anyone know how to get this vape in the US & at an affordable price?
As far as I know, they've pulled out of North America. Parts are basically nonexistent or direct from aromed and expensive. My Aromed has been on the shelf for years now because of a broken water filter. I either need to suck it up and just pay for it from Germany, or find another alternative to factory glass parts. I've ordered a new filter twice from third party sites and both times my order was cancelled by the sellers because they didnt actually have the parts in stock and couldn't get them. I love the aromed but I wouldn't recommend getting it just due to lack of support here in the US. If you understand the risks then sure, its a great vape, but you're going to pay to ship it from Germany, or maybe somewhere else in Europe.
I'm a bit late to the party but have been considering getting this vaporizer or another box unit such as the one from Vapor Brothers. I've also been considering getting de Verdamper which I loved using in Amsterdam or the Herborizer--I really like the idea of an all glass unit but the lack of precise temperature control is a strike against them. The Aromed seems to tick all the right boxes but I'd really appreciate any feedback on vapor quality and how well this unit works with a water pipe. I'd like be able to microdose as well as have longer sessions too. How does the Aromed compare to the other units that I mentioned?

One potential point of concern is something that another member brought up earlier but hasn't been answered yet.

I'd love to hear from the Aeromed company rep on this thread or anyone else who could comment on these issues.

Thanks for any ideas or feedback which might help me make a decision on which unit to buy.
Which part is the PTFE part? I was under the impression the base where the bulb is located is ceramic, or maybe that was something else. Anyway, it doesnt get all that hot, its the bulb that heats up, and the bulb itself is sealed within glass. I wouldnt quite put this in the same category as a box vape, the flavor is so much better with the aromed, but I have a silver surfer thats unbeatable (in my opinion) in the box vape world. I'm using a newvape (now cannabis hardware) flowerpot weedeater as my main vape now, and thats been an upgrade in potency but not flavor. Even though I haven't used it in about 2 years, the Aromed is like my gold standard for flavor, but other vapes just hit harder.

Which part is the PTFE part? I was under the impression the base where the bulb is located is ceramic, or maybe that was something else.
Another member asked this question originally so I'm not sure and they also wondered if it's possible to have a wooden box instead, so maybe it's the main unit? :hmm:

Parts are basically nonexistent or direct from aromed and expensive. My Aromed has been on the shelf for years now because of a broken water filter.
Yes, that's a major concern, especially if the company folds and there's no way to get replacement parts. I think it's a bit easier here in the EU to find parts but shipping to North America could get expensive. Btw, have you tried looking on ebay.de for replacement parts?

How easy do you find it to fill, stir and refill the Aromed, especially after getting well medicated? How do you find the vapor quality after a few hits--does it need a lot of stirring to get consistent good hits? I borrowed an Arizer Extreme Q from a friend for about a month but wasn't that impressed with the quality of vapor and it really required a lot of herb and almost constant stirring after two or three hits to get any vapor (elbow packing didn't help things much either). Maybe it was because of the length or diameter of the whip or I wasn't doing things right but I wasn't that impressed, so I'm not sure the Aromed would be the best unit for me. Having said that, I'd prefer a whip over balloons any day but was just a bit frustrated with the lack of vapor coming out of the Arizer Extreme...

fifty_shades_of_green,
Reactions: dimmusp

okc0mputer

Another member asked this question originally so I'm not sure and they also wondered if it's possible to have a wooden box instead, so maybe it's the main unit? :hmm:

Yes, that's a major concern, especially if the company folds and there's no way to get replacement parts. I think it's a bit easier here in the EU to find parts but shipping to North America could get expensive. Btw, have you tried looking on ebay.de for replacement parts?

How easy do you find it to fill, stir and refill the Aromed, especially after getting well medicated? How do you find the vapor quality after a few hits--does it need a lot of stirring to get consistent good hits? I borrowed an Arizer Extreme Q from a friend for about a month but wasn't that impressed with the quality of vapor and it really required a lot of herb and almost constant stirring after two or three hits to get any vapor (elbow packing didn't help things much either). Maybe it was because of the length or diameter of the whip or I wasn't doing things right but I wasn't that impressed, so I'm not sure the Aromed would be the best unit for me. Having said that, I'd prefer a whip over balloons any day but was just a bit frustrated with the lack of vapor coming out of the Arizer Extreme...
So its been a while since I actually used it but it does require stirring which is pretty common among most vapes. (Even the ones claiming you dont need to stir will benefit from a stir in my opinion) Ease of use - thats a low point for the aromed. Water filter/bowl assembly is very prone to tipping due to its high center of gravity. (They now offer a short bowl which probably alleviates this issue) The gooseneck that the heating unit is on can be awkward to use at first as well. The standard bowl that it comes with is very deep and kind of annoying until you get used to it. The depth of the bowl makes loading stirring and emptying somewhat of a pain. There is a recreational bowl I would recommend if you're used to something that hits hard. Its basically a shorter version of the normal size bowl that places the heater assembly a little closer to the herb.
Even with its shortcomings, I'm a big fan of this vape but I wouldnt recommend it as your main vape until you get used to it - the learning curve is steep on an aromed. I think we all have different ways to use it that fit our personal preferences, so theres no real trick to using it in my opinion, just experience...

steamer52

IME the Aromed is the best vaporizer in terms if vapor taste/quality and effects. But I have only been able to compare it with Ghost MV1, Crafty, Dynavap and Vapocane. Its a real quality vape and easy to maintain. I was using the Aromed 3.0 long time ago and upgraded to the Aromed 4.0 a few years back. Very easy to load and unload and very precise temp control. Vapocane comes quite close but not suitable for low temp vaping I think.

So its been a while since I actually used it but it does require stirring which is pretty common among most vapes. (Even the ones claiming you dont need to stir will benefit from a stir in my opinion) Ease of use - thats a low point for the aromed. Water filter/bowl assembly is very prone to tipping due to its high center of gravity. (They now offer a short bowl which probably alleviates this issue) The gooseneck that the heating unit is on can be awkward to use at first as well.
That's some great feedback! Thx for sharing your experience. :) I borrowed a friend's Arizer Extreme Q for about a month and was constantly stirring after just a few hits but the vertical chamber is a bit easier to work with IMHO...

IME the Aromed is the best vaporizer in terms if vapor taste/quality and effects. But I have only been able to compare it with Ghost MV1, Crafty, Dynavap and Vapocane.
That's good to know. I wasn't that impressed with the Arizer Extreme Q and actually think I get better results from my portable X-max Ace but maybe I was doing something wrong with the Extreme Q... I absolutely loved the taste and quality of the vapor coming from a Verdamper (even though it lacks precise temp control) and was a bit underwhelmed by the wispy hits of the Extreme Q---I guess it's not a fair comparison but I wonder how the Aromed's vapor compares to the Verdamper....:hmm:

Has anyone heard if the company is planning on making an Aromed 5.0? The 4.0 model has been around for awhile and is starting to look a bit long in the tooth... It'd be great if the company rep could shed some light on any new developments. I might just write or call the company one of these days...

fifty_shades_of_green,

Concerned Mother

I believe that the housing that the light bulb is either made out of, or coated with PTFE on the inside which I’ve gathered from other peoples posts. I believe that it’s been spoken here on FC. You can also find teflon in other vaporizer models from years back like in some of the heating cores of the minivap. I really, really wish that vaporizer makers would update some of the materials that they use in some older models.

Concerned Mother,

CaleidosCope

A wooden housing would be really cool. I tweaked my Aromed some years ago. And had the same concerns about the PTFE/Teflon housing.

IMG_1445.JPG

And my little "bong-head" (adopted from a LightSabre-setup). Twist and turn and tilt and the seal is sufficient.

IMG_1446 Kopie.jpg

"AroMed HQ-Vaporizer": I am ready for the upgrade!!!

Last edited:

CaleidosCope

Still haven't been able to find anyone who can blow the herb chamber without having one in hand. I don't have one, and there are still not any for sale in America apparently. This is my favorite vaporizer, but I'm really starting to give up on getting any kind of support for this device anymore. @AroMed HQ Vaporizer have you any updates for American customers?
I can just give you a workaround. The picture shows a NS19 female / NS29 male adapter. The inside/outside of the NS29 is for sure a cone.

If you cut the end of the NS29 about 5 mm (or less) the Aromed glas should fit in there with a proper seal.

As a bong lover I would use the setup with a NS14 male / NS19 male gong-adapter. Dome sieve or else.

IMG_1447.JPG

The measurements of the "real-thing-chamber" are: inner diameter: 23,5mm / height: 59mm. Maybe that helps the glassblower.

And about the air path concerns, ceramic bulb holder surrounded by TEFLON (it feels so sturdy...) ...

IMG_1450.jpg

I think I will try a DIY rebuild of the head section. Glasadapters for the housing. Some cork mantle. A wooden plug to hold the bulb and temp-sensor. The hot air will flow out through a NS19 female. High flexible silicon-wire. Then...

Or, if you DIY, consider this?!
https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/diy-dual-use-halogen-heater-the-glowbal.51178/

Last edited:

wtf848

As far as I know, they've pulled out of North America. Parts are basically nonexistent or direct from aromed and expensive. My Aromed has been on the shelf for years now because of a broken water filter. I either need to suck it up and just pay for it from Germany, or find another alternative to factory glass parts. I've ordered a new filter twice from third party sites and both times my order was cancelled by the sellers because they didnt actually have the parts in stock and couldn't get them. I love the aromed but I wouldn't recommend getting it just due to lack of support here in the US. If you understand the risks then sure, its a great vape, but you're going to pay to ship it from Germany, or maybe somewhere else in Europe.
You're in a better position than me! I've got a water filter but my my glass bowl/downstem piece is broken. I've tried ordering one directly through the company but they're not very responsive and when you place an order you have to wire money to their bank account. Seems super suspicious since they've pulled out of North America and now they apparently dont even have any way to process credit card payments, I decided not to do it. I've ordered one through vaporisateur.net (France) about a month ago and I've received no response aside from the auto-generated order confirmation email, with no tracking number. I messaged them on facebook and got a response (eventually), but until I see some progress, I'll have my doubts about whether I'm dealing with a real business or not. They say they are still in business, but with reduced staff, which seems believable enough.

Anyway, the water filter can definitely be easily replicated (and probably upgraded) by a glassblower, and I could help you find one if you need need help with that. I could even have mine duplicated and send it to you, if you wanted it to be as close to the original as possible. I've been tempted to ask someone to make me a new glass bowl, but without having an example to use as a reference, I'm concerned it wouldn't be quite right.

okc0mputer

You're in a better position than me! I've got a water filter but my my glass bowl/downstem piece is broken. I've tried ordering one directly through the company but they're not very responsive and when you place an order you have to wire money to their bank account. Seems super suspicious since they've pulled out of North America and now they apparently dont even have any way to process credit card payments, I decided not to do it. I've ordered one through vaporisateur.net (France) about a month ago and I've received no response aside from the auto-generated order confirmation email, with no tracking number. I messaged them on facebook and got a response (eventually), but until I see some progress, I'll have my doubts about whether I'm dealing with a real business or not. They say they are still in business, but with reduced staff, which seems believable enough.

Anyway, the water filter can definitely be easily replicated (and probably upgraded) by a glassblower, and I could help you find one if you need need help with that. I could even have mine duplicated and send it to you, if you wanted it to be as close to the original as possible. I've been tempted to ask someone to make me a new glass bowl, but without having an example to use as a reference, I'm concerned it wouldn't be quite right.
I placed orders with these sketchy online shops twice and eventually orders were cancelled by them. If I had to guess, Aromed has no more dealers and is just selling through their own shop now. I was actually recently considering getting the water filter custom made since the only real important factor is that its tall enough to fit the aromed bowl. I want to see if I can get a custom bowl as well though, since this one won't last forever. I just wonder if they can get it right, you know how it kinda clicks on the heating unit? It really sucks this thing never got enough of a following to continue sales in the US, but if I'm being honest it 's kinda understandable. I totally miss having my bowl lit up and glowing during a session! I actually have an extra bowl, but I'm hesitant to get rid of it for obvious reasons. If I could get a replacement made, I'd not think twice about giving it up. Gonna hit up a shop with onsite glass blowing this weekend, as long as they dont want a ridiculous price for super simple glass I'm finally going to get my aromed back in usable condition.

CaleidosCope

Crazy to hear... I am still DIYing... just a teaser! (pic) Built out of non-vaperelated parts. I will report if only one of my three builds in mind will work. (sticking the light source in the other end is an option too, close to the original setup.)
IMG_1490.JPG

steamer52

I have ordered directly from Aromed and paid through bank wire transfer about 3 times. Items were shipped the very same day of my bank wire transfer. I oredered spare bowls, water filter, bulb etc. But shipping cost is quite expensive, about 50euro via DHL.

steamer52,

wtf848

well in case it helps anyone here, I have come to the conclusion that vaporisateur.net is a scam. i'll update this if anything changes, but I've given up hope. they took my money in exchange for nothing at all and it has been about 6 weeks. if anybody has a glass bowl for an aromed that they would be willing to part with, please let me know! I'll get copies made for anybody else who needs one

wtf848,
  • Sad

passenger

is this thing on?
Would someone of you Aromed users kindly measure the inner diameter and dephts of the Herb chamber?
Also, what is the outer diameter of the bulb glass cover? :sherlock:

passenger,
Top Bottom