• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Aromed 4.0

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
If the aromed runs on 12v 50w bulb and you are willing to sacrifice one VXL bullet for the experiment. You can try this mod from the Halo-log thread,it really boosts performance of the halogen bulb :). I am sure the bullet fits Osram Halopin 12v 35w and 50w.
wuqt6p.jpg

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Which "mod from the Halo-log thread"? What does that mod mean, could you explain it a bit please?

Hogni,

Abysmal Vapor

Which "mod from the Halo-log thread"? What does that mod mean, could you explain it a bit please?
Just cut the ring out of VXL bullet and sleeve it onto the bulb like in the picture . It brings up the effectiveness of the bulb as a heater .
Is the bulb tight fit into the glass capsule ? or there is space enough to fit a bulb with mesh sleeve ?
The original idea is in the MUSA vaporizer which has mesh wrapped around the bulb which increases heat exchange with air a lot + provides more mass to the heater.
This mod was a temporary ready made solution for the Halo-log project.The clould bullet is a really tight fit to the bulb so it only will increase the over diameter with 1-2 mm at most,which might be working in the aromed concept. In the halo-log the mesh wasnt thick enough to filter enough like as there is no metal foil/reflector around the bulb in this concept. There is a link in my signature under number 3,if you wanna check the thread.

Last edited:

Hogni

I still don't know what the "vxl bullet" is? Can't find anything when using this term for a search.
Is it a vapexhale basket screen w/o the metal rim?
And do you just put it over the halo bulb with direct contact to it or how do you fix it to stay in position when the heater/bulb of the Aromed is used upside down??
Doesn't this construction lead to a bit of overheating of the bulb and therefore shortens dramatically it's lifetime?

Last edited:
Hogni,

Abysmal Vapor

I still don't know what the "vxl bullet" is? Can't find anything when using this term for a search.
Is it a vapexhale basket screen w/o the metal rim?
And do you just put it over the halo bulb with direct contact to it or how do you fix it to stay in position when the heater/bulb of the Aromed is used upside down??
Doesn't this construction lead to a bit of overheating of the bulb and therefore shortens dramatically it's lifetime?
Yes a Cloud bullet. VXH ... sry... VapeXhale is what i meant sorry...
Well i have one running strong since MAY;). Just try it i dont see how it can hurt the Aromed in anyway . If it works as well as in the Halo-log you will be having a a cloud machine.
For example i need like 60% of the power needed for vaporization with the sleeve on,compare to without it. Aromed is PID controlled so i expect it to have even less thermal load on the bulb than in the halo-log concept.
Osram 12v 50w i think is also what Verdampfnochmall recommends for the Aromed. These are very solid bulbs IME, if it is used in an OPEN luminaries they wont explode.
In a matter of fact i have bulbs with a lot more mesh,like 4 layers around it and they still dont explode.

Hogni

Thanks but I don't know where you fix it at the halo bulb of the Aromed yet? Is it just an idea or did you already try it yourself? If so do you have any macro shots of?

Hogni,

Abysmal Vapor

Thanks but I don't know where you fix it at the halo bulb of the Aromed yet? Is it just an idea or did you already try it yourself? If so do you have any macro shots of?
I can take some ,but as said it fits just fine on the Osram 12v 50w which is 12mm in diameter. When you remove the ring it is wide enough and flexible enough to accept the bulb without any fiddling.It will not fall off the bulb or anything like that.
https://verdampftnochmal.de/products/en/Aromed-UV-free-Replacement-Lamp-by-Osram
I can get those for 1-2 euro in the Supermarkets around here.

Abysmal Vapor,

Hogni

Yep, but you don't get here the vxl basket screens aka "bullets" :\
And is there a general improvement of perfomance or did you try it just with the regular bowl?

Hogni,

Abysmal Vapor

Yep, but you don't get here the vxl basket screens aka "bullets" :\
And is there a general improvement of perfomance or did you try it just with the regular bowl?
I havent tried this with Aromed as i do not own one. I have tried with various glass on glass bowl it works in any concept.
My vapexhale bullet was gifted to me by @Gray Area for another purpose,but ended up serving like that. I think lacentral vapeur had them by singles.
Anyway i guess we would have to wait for someone who has both the aromed and a Evo/cloud.
@Alexis Maybe Alexis has some of those bullets laying around i see that he used to own one :)?
@Hogni If you dont have a Cloud sleed you can always try wrapping some ecig 316L 200 mesh around. This is how the Musa heater is encaplusated as far as i can tell from pictures.

lazylathe

Almost there...
I havent tried this with Aromed as i do not own one. I have tried with various glass on glass bowl it works in any concept.
My vapexhale bullet was gifted to me by @Gray Area for another purpose,but ended up serving like that. I think lacentral vapeur had them by singles.
Anyway i guess we would have to wait for someone who has both the aromed and a Evo/cloud.
@Alexis Maybe Alexis has some of those bullets laying around i see that he used to own one :)?
@Hogni If you dont have a Cloud sleed you can always try wrapping some ecig 316L 200 mesh around. This is how the Musa heater is encaplusated as far as i can tell from pictures.

I will try this later!! I did not even think of trying this with the Aromed.
Going out now for a bit but will update later with info, pics and hopefully a short video if it improves performance!

Just checked the fit and it is perfect!
I may try some finer mesh that I have before destroying one of my 2 ELBS..LOL!

Abysmal Vapor

I will try this later!! I did not even think of trying this with the Aromed.
Going out now for a bit but will update later with info, pics and hopefully a short video if it improves performance!

Just checked the fit and it is perfect!
I may try some finer mesh that I have before destroying one of my 2 ELBS..LOL!
I have melted 400 and 500 mesh with the bulb,they are too fine for the purpose. Make sure you use something around 200. For now i am using 316L 160 mesh cut from a Squish filter pack.
It is rigit and easy shaped to anything. I think this heater tech is really cool because it is both halogen and mesh heater. :)

lazylathe

Almost there...
I have melted 400 and 500 mesh with the bulb,they are too fine for the purpose. Make sure you use something around 200. For now i am using 316L 160 mesh cut from a Squish filter pack.
It is rigit and easy shaped to anything. I think this heater tech is really cool because it is both halogen and mesh heater. :)

I used an ELB, so it should be good!
The bottom ring is still on the ELB and the Halogen bulb fits in with a squeeze.
Very easy mod as well, took about a minute.
Will be testing later this afternoon!
:tup:

@Abysmal Vapor
Nice idea for a turbo boost but it is just too much extra heat!
At 195 I was combusting in about 2 seconds...
At 175 I was combusting in about 5 seconds...
Also only really burnt half the load, the rest was green.
I had the screen in the normal position very low in the bowl.
The effects are insane though, most likely due to the cavemen in my herb inventing small fires!
Going back to regular mode!!
Only new addition is a fine screen in the bottom of the glass vial to help spread the air out more.
Seems to give a nice even roast.

Last edited:

Alexis

If you mean the Evo Im afraid not my friend, I owned it very briefly but couldnt tolerate it so I craftily twisted my friend Dave's arm into buying it off of me, to save me having to list and post it ;). I did get it half price though, so I was glad to pass that on.

My Aromed also was rehomed, not a relic remains except a spare glass mouthpiece I know was misplaced long ago.

Abysmal Vapor

I used an ELB, so it should be good!
The bottom ring is still on the ELB and the Halogen bulb fits in with a squeeze.
Very easy mod as well, took about a minute.
Will be testing later this afternoon!
:tup:

@Abysmal Vapor
Nice idea for a turbo boost but it is just too much extra heat!
At 195 I was combusting in about 2 seconds...
At 175 I was combusting in about 5 seconds...
Also only really burnt half the load, the rest was green.
I had the screen in the normal position very low in the bowl.
The effects are insane though, most likely due to the cavemen in my herb inventing small fires!
Going back to regular mode!!
Only new addition is a fine screen in the bottom of the glass vial to help spread the air out more.
Seems to give a nice even roast.
:)) Well ,thx for experimenting. Wont push you into removing the ring since you have only two ELBs. But it would increase the airflow and decrease mass to the heater. Most likely what you are experiencing is due to altered/retarded airflow.
I can imagine one scenario for further experimentation though :)). , one can try wrapping two layers of mesh 200 and remove the metal reflector :)).

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: lazylathe

Abysmal Vapor

Guys I got it wrong, Vapecritic Live stream started 18 mins ago.
Blah,lost a few braincells watching this for a minute.. Well form what i see ,aromed might not be a fog machine,but for it aint meant to be hit that fast(vacuum cleaner mode). Draw technique is necesserary with many vaporizers,drawing slowly is the first thing you try when you are getting wispy vapor..

lazylathe

Almost there...
@Abysmal Vapor

The mods so far to my Aromed are:
1- screen in the bottom of the glass vial, adds some mass
2- disassembled a Herbalizer bag and used a bit as a spacer, add a screen and the bowl is now 10mm higher. Exactly like the recreation bowl.

This allows me to do micro loads with ease.
I am going to try add a small bit of mesh to the bulb and see if I can improve it's performance just a bit more.

The Aromed was never designed to be a fog machine. It is supposed to be a gentle inhalation device suitable for people with breathing difficulties and be easily used in medical environments.
It creates a very pure tasting light vapor that somehow is extremely potent!

The Aromed needs to be used a certain way for best results.
For myself there was no learning curve at all, just read the instructions before use!
There is a red dot on the display that is solid when it is heating up, when it starts to blink it is ready
But not really ready as it takes a while to heat soak, so if you inhale as soon as it blinks, it will go solid again to indicate it needs more heat up time. Inhale to keep the light blinking the whole time is key.
More difficult at lower temps but at max, you can rip away!

lazylathe

Almost there...
So I used the Aromed for most of the day with some mesh wrapped around the bulb and my herb raising platform. Decent vapor but most importantly I could consistently do small loads this way.

However when I use the same bud in my other vapes and see the amount of dense, thick vapor just pouring out, I wonder what is left or what the trade off is?
The light vapor has it's own effects and are considerably different than thick vapor.

I almost feel cheated when using the Aromed because I love thick vapor.
It's nice to use once in a while but it could never be my DD.

Hogni

Yep, the lack of vapour is irritating but efx and taste are awesome even w/o much visible vapour. Flavourwise it's beating even the SV3 which is my favourite (desktop) device for testing strains for their nuanced flavour profiles. But you are right. Compared to other vapes you do feel a bit cheated cause of the lack of vapour. I feel the same.
But can't understand quite the difference of use with the mesh screen. Not more vapour but better extractions of microdoses? Ask for explanation.

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
Yep, the lack of vapour is irritating but efx and taste are awesome even w/o much visible vapour. Flavourwise it's beating even the SV3 which is my favourite (desktop) device for testing strains for their nuanced flavour profiles. But you are right. Compared to other vapes you do feel a bit cheated cause of the lack of vapour. I feel the same.
But can't understand quite the difference of use with the mesh screen. Not more vapour but better extractions of microdoses? Ask for explanation.

It has to do with extra mass to heat up, this mass aids in extraction.
I have some mesh wrapped around the bulb and a screen in the bottom of the glass sleeve.
Similar to what @Abysmal Vapor was talking about, except less metal.
Without the screen I was getting very dark spots where the air exited the heater, nice round hot spots.
The mesh pattern breaks up the airflow more and does not cause tunneling.

The Musa uses the same principle.
Halogen light is a great source of heat but when you add a bit of extra mass to it, somehow it adds a lot more heat.

lazylathe

Almost there...
its too bad vapecitics review of the Aromed was so painfully bad. it was like watching toddler trying to figure out a chainsaw...

It is definitely a vape that takes practice and experience with the Aromed to make it work.
I did not watch the stream and after your review feel it will not be worth my time.

Sad.

lazylathe,
Reactions: Hogni

Abysmal Vapor

I have given it more thought and as summary of other people mods,i think that for achieving clouds with Aromed,what works best is elevating the screen and/or reducing the bowl surface/area.
1.Elevating the bowl can be done with some Glassbeads ,did you got any extra with your GS ? @lazylathe I guess will add some extra cleaning,but if it brings clouds it is worth it .
2. Elevating the bowl with a SS wire constrution. Circle at the bottom as base,central wire elevating another circle which will act as a platform for the screen.
2.1 Another simpler build will be to cross two П's and to use the former cross as a platform for the screen.

lazylathe

Almost there...
I have given it more thought and as summary of other people mods,i think that for achieving clouds with Aromed,what works best is elevating the screen and/or reducing the bowl surface/area.
1.Elevating the bowl can be done with some Glassbeads ,did you got any extra with your GS ? @lazylathe I guess will add some extra cleaning,but if it brings clouds it is worth it .
2. Elevating the bowl with a SS wire constrution. Circle at the bottom as base,central wire elevating another circle which will act as a platform for the screen.
2.1 Another simpler build will be to cross two П's and to use the former cross as a platform for the screen.

I explain my mods here:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/aromed-4-0.408/page-44#post-1294841

Everything you said. LOL!
I did not get extra beads but some members tried the smaller beads but went back to the original sized beads.

Top Bottom