• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Beezleb

Thanks Rukus13 I appreciate the input as I always wondered about that aspect between the two models. I thought the difference would be slight to not have a signficant impact but wasn't sure. Thank you for your opinion.

Beezleb,

rotax

Zaporist
I've been anxiously awaiting the arrival of the MZap I ordered earlier this week..and its arrived!

Hastely I tore right in.
Got it plugged in and warming up.
As it warmed I put a couple drops of the lemon oil in the aromatherapy defuser. It was quite pleasant. NOTE: remove a 'warm' defuser by the flower petals, NOT the base.
I ground up some herb.
Filled a tip up w/ the simple inhale technique. Seems easy enough.
Then set the tip in place on the heater for a few mins.
I pulled a few draws, first couple I wasn't conciously "holding" my hits as long as I should have.
The third I held as long as I could.
Exhale...
And I was a goner. :D Sitting there holding the stem in my hand and going...how the fuck long have I been sitting here with this in my hand. Its great. :o

I still need to learn or get a good feel for the draw speed and duration n such..but so far I'm very impressed.

On a personal level the blue LED is slightly annoying, but I'm also a person that has pieces of electrical tape on all his LEDs (monitor, CPU, speakers..) so I may be slightly anal about it. haha
Although it is kinda cool. :cool:

BTW, anyone know what the little wooden dowel piece is for included w/ the stems? I did notice it fits into the bottom of the stems into the bowl...is it for gently packing the herb in?

Oh, one other thing I noticed, flavor seems almost non existant (compared to smoking in my bubbler)..and thats kinda disapointing.
EDIT: after i learned how to properly hit it, the taste is actually amazing. sooo much cleaner than combusted material. granted its just the first 2 hits, then it turns into more of the vegetabley?? taste, then finally into the burnt taste.

I wanna send out a thanks to Rick, I sent a few emails back n forth and he was very patient with me. Definately gives the whole ordeal a personal touch. Not only in the product but the communication and person too.

Well, even tho I'm still feelin mighty fine, I'll just take another hit anyway. :p
I'd definately would have used a lot more in my bubbler to feel this good..so I do believe efficiency there, no matter high NON scientific my method is to determine that. :D

rotax,

lwien

Whatever you do Rotax, do not blow that tube out into a shot glass........ ;).

lwien,

Beezleb

Was this a regular myrtlezap or one of their select looking pieces. Thanks for the review.

Beezleb,

rukus13

from what I gather the little dowel thing will come in real handy when its time to change screens. Nice piece you got there.

rukus13,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
rukus13 said:
max said:

the vapor hits on a myrtle are thicker and bigger than purpledays
You have both a PD and a zap? I missed that. The only person on the forum I know of that has both units reported that the zap doesn't hold heat as well after the first hit, which makes sense, since as stated above, the PD's exchanger retains heat better.
Wow I'm disappointed in the direction this thread went but to get back on track I wanted to correct this statement as my observations are taken a little out of context. I never said the MZ doesnt retain heat as well as the PD. What I had stated was that it runs a few degrees cooler than the PD. This is just a guess but we are talking probably a 5 degree or less difference. I also think this was due to me being new to the MZ and it requiring a different technique than the PD. After using it a while now I think it works just as well as the PD. I'm not going to say one is superior over the other. They both have different features and people just need to decide which are more important to the them personally. I just didnt want my statement taken out of context as I really dont think the heat exchanger in the MZ is a problem its just overall a tiny tad cooler to start with.
Are you referring to the temp of the air or the wood as you hold it? They use the same power specs, so any differences in temp would probably have to do with the exchanger, and then maybe due to a different wood. Interesting point.

stickstones,

rukus13

Good point stick I was referring to the actual air temp. My observation is far from scientific as I havent taken any actual temp reading. I just made the observation because if I pop the stem into the PD after finishing it up in the MZ I get another small hit. Wonder if it could be slight variation within the power supplies. I could do some experimenting but like I said it is not big enough of a difference to really matter. Could indeed be the wood as well. Could also just be because the PD is at full temp and hasnt cooled slightly by me hitting it over and over. Hmm I guess I could check this the other way as well by smoking a bowl in the PD and seeing if I get an extra hit when I pop it into the MZ. Don't know why I havent though to do that. I guess I just assumed it was cut and dry and didn't think of the different variables going into it.

rukus13,

Reverend

Wow I really like the aromatherapy flower cup thing (in rotax's pictures above) that's pretty damn cool looking...

Reverend,

Rick

Zapman
The little wooden dowel is a vapor stem TIP packing tool. Unlike some other users of this type of device, we feel the stem tip contents need a light to medium pack. The heated air flows a bit slower, therefore warmer through the stem tip contents. Also, there are a few more pulls to each stem tip fill up with a bit of packing. We also find the plug that is left after thorough vaping will blow out as a plug, not a spray. If there is still usable stem tip goodies in the tip contents, it will not easily blow out and requires another pull or two, then it should blow out. ie, use all the sticky stuff up, then the plug will blow out.

The tip packing and suction flow directly affect how efficient vapor is made. I always tell people it is like riding a bike. takes a bit of practice to get it right but then you always have it down.

Rotax
Thanks for the pics and comments. Yours was a "shortie", about 1/2" shorter than the normal height. Sometimes that is the only way we can make a piece out of a piece. Some of the nicest grain patterns have defects here and there. If we can chop them off and still make a Zap, great. I have quite a pile of beauties that will not make it out the door for one reason or another. Yours would fall in the "nice" reg category. Almost all Myrtlewood is beautiful. Some of it is extraordinarily beautiful. I do have some more primo wood on the way but as with all special things from special people, we have to wait a bit.

Rick

Rick,

Madcap Laughed

ok, im making one last post in this thread because i dont want to upset anybody or get banned again.

dont be too quick to call people liars(though i dont appreciate tom lying to get me banned). i never lied about anything. i was banned for liking my myrtlezap a lot, and daring to say i liked it more than a purple days. thats pretty queer.

*to the post below*
owin, tom called me a horrible liar saying he never sent me an email, and there, i just posted the email with its ominous title, and i need help?!

and im shocked at the new zap user who says the herbs have no taste. the taste is amazing and one of the things everyone comments on and likes most when i let them use it!

lwein, what have i lied about? and didnt i just prove tom a 'liar'?

you cant just kick someone off a board, then constantly belittle them, and expect me to return reprogrammed and lobotomized!

Madcap Laughed,

lwien

Madcap Laughed said:
i never lied about anything. i was banned for liking my myrtlezap a lot, and daring to say i liked it more than a purple days. thats pretty queer.
:lol::lol: Too funny.

You're lying about never having lied about anything and then you immediately follow it up with another lie as to the reason of why you got banned.

Apparently, you learned absolutely nothing from your short exile.

lwien,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
madcap...it was a nice break without you. If you bring up these issues again the ban will be permanent. No need for discussion or debate. Cease and desist.

Everyone else, please ignore and don't respond so as to not make this any bigger.

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
Just to officially make it clear, Madcap was not banned because of anything related to Tom or the PD. He broke the rules, repeatedly and after warnings.

Back to the thread topic.

max,

rotax

Zaporist
Madcap Laughed said:
and im shocked at the new zap user who says the herbs have no taste. the taste is amazing and one of the things everyone comments on and likes most when i let them use it!
yeah, after i learned how to properly hit it.
the taste is actually amazing.
sooo much cleaner than combusted material.
granted its just the first 2 hits, then it turns into more of the vegetabley taste, then finally into the burnt taste.

i'll edit my post to correct this info. i just didn't have enough use with it to really undestand how to properly get a good taste/hit.

Also, thanks Rick for the reply and the added info on the dowel and info on my particular unit too. :D

rotax,

Madcap Laughed

rotax, it took me a few days before i got my style down(i go slow and deep) but sometimes i kiss it! and the longer you use the myrtlezap, the better it gets as it 'burns in'! and i'd recommend getting 2 glass jars, one for the ground up herb, and one of the spent herb! i like to stab it into the bowl and pack big bowls:) im sorry your thread got moved into here, you put a lot of effort into it, and it deserved its own topic!

Madcap Laughed,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
rotax...beautiful unit! I love the flower cup. Did that blue container behind it come with the zap?

stickstones,

rukus13

I think the blue container you are refering to is the vial of essential oils it comes with.

rukus13,

Madcap Laughed

i just tried to take a few pics of my new myrtlezap, they came out ok, but this new myrtlezap is even better than the one before. its bigger, heavier, and the vapor is constant and thick as smoke almost!

PictureorVideo087.jpg

PictureorVideo085.jpg

PictureorVideo086.jpg
no flash

Madcap Laughed,

Madcap Laughed

freaky look at the first picture, towards the middle top it looks like an angel cupid baby type thing, and on the bottom left there looks to be a devil face! does anyone else see that.

Madcap Laughed,
Top Bottom