• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

rotax

Zaporist
stickstones said:
that would be it. have you tried it? What scent is it?
lemon. :) smells great. i like to take a good rip on the greens, put the oil bowl on top, and enjoy the scent slowly come on. definately want to try some other flavors tho. :)

rotax,

Madcap Laughed

rotax, are you sure its lemon? i thought my oil was lemon at first, but i was told its actually french lavender :) then when i thought of it being lavender, i couldnt imagine how i thought it being lemon.

Madcap Laughed,

Synergistic Shotgun

Just ordered myself a Myrtlezap a few minutes ago, can't wait to try it out. I have been browsing these forums for months, this is a great site with a wealth of good information - glad to join yall. Rick any idea when I can be expecting my zap to show up?

Synergistic Shotgun,

rotax

Zaporist
Madcap Laughed said:
rotax, are you sure its lemon? i thought my oil was lemon at first, but i was told its actually french lavender :) then when i thought of it being lavender, i couldnt imagine how i thought it being lemon.
ahhh.. i coulda sworn i saw 'lemon' somewhere on the website..but I'm wrong.
fore this is whats in their FAQ page.
"We include a small bottle of authentic French Lavender essential oil in the Zap kit but any aroma will work."
I guess I have no idea the difference between french lavender and 'lemon' then. lol
either way, it does smell good.

rotax,

Rick

Zapman
Any orders received by Friday will most likely ship Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest. I was back ordered on a part but it will be in tomorrow(Friday).

The oil has always been lavender. We don't change much. It is good for other things too. Burns and even body rub for much horniness by every body if you are in the mood for such fun. I must say it is just a bit different than lemon oil. We have a bit of that too.

I've got extra chores over the next couple days. This is North Idaho and we have several dogs. We are rural where all the Indian goodies get fired off. Ever try to stop a Malamute from digging out when they hear all that noise? Puke. Can't let them in the house. We tried that last year and it did not work.
Too bad they don't vape! Hmmmmmmm.....................

Rick

Rick,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Rick said:
The oil has always been lavender. We don't change much. It is good for other things too. Burns and even body rub for much horniness by every body if you are in the mood for such fun.

Rick
Damn Rick! I didn't know you were packing aphrodisiacs with the zap...I'll take a dozen! :lol:

stickstones,

pyronym

Harry Mooseknuckle
Just got my myrtlezap yesterday so I set it up last night and tried it out this morning. I think I'm packing my stems too tight so I need to get that down. On one stem I get a nice solid 4 hits then a few smallish ones. 2 stems is about what I need to start feeling ok. I would say 2 stems is equal to one launch box trench or 1/8 inch in the surfer. This is not a weigh based scale but an effects base scale. I really do like the looks of the unit I'll take some pics later and post them I'm also going to test my battery sunday to see what kind of results i get. I notice a lot of woody taste with both this and my launch box so hopefully that will burn off. I can still say that nothing compares to the nice tasty vapor my surfer delivers. The duff from the launch box and the Zap can both be revaped in the surfer with pretty good results but I just throw it in with the rest of my abv and I'll use it for cooking instead. All and all I am happy with the unit and I think with some more oil and heat it should darken up and look right nice.
Later,
Tom

pyronym,

Rick

Zapman
Guru
I think your family is getting bigger. I just keep hearing "slow boat to China". Not Sure why.........;)

On another subject, I recently received Madcaps original Myrtle back. As some will recall, he said it had a crack that was getting bigger and he was really worried about it. I had asked for a picture of the crack but for some reason could not get a good one from him. So I sent him another Myrtle that was even nicer in some ways that the original. (There are many pics of the original on his thread in Vaporizer Discussion) After receiving it back, I can understand why I never got a pic of the crack. It is barely visible. It is the same, less than an inch hairline at the bottom that it had when it left here. It has not changed in any way. It is in the back, by the adapter socket. I needed my readers to even see it.
So I am going to re-sell it. No bidding, just regular price for a Zap kit and first come, first gets it. In the "notes to seller" section of the paypal process, just put in "Madcap" if you want it. As soon as it goes, I will post here that it is gone. Any questions about it I will answer here. I will say though, it is fine. There is nothing wrong with it and it is a classic.

Rick

Rick,

Madcap Laughed

good, i was hoping you'd get it back before the weekend :) the crack was small, but it was driving me crazy. my new myrtle is solid and perfect and i'll have it forever!~

Madcap Laughed,

Rick

Zapman
It is gone.
The famous Madcap original will be off to a new home in the next day or two. A very special home in a very special place.
Thanks for the inquiries.

Rick

Rick,

pyronym

Harry Mooseknuckle
Someone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong.
So I got my mzap the other day and the first time I used it it was fine I did see some vapor but it was a really tough draw. I've tried packing the tube loose and tight and there is no real difference for me. I don't really get any vapor and it takes me about a half hour of sucking to the point of my eyes popping out to cash the tube even then its still a bit green. It takes me two tubes to start felling anything but i'm thinking its from sucking almost to the point of passing out. I don't taste the herb like I do with my surfer I am still just getting a woody taste. Like I said if you can figure out what I'm doing wrong please help or if this is normal let me know. Right now I have it sitting next to my ssv and I am just using it as a oil diffuser.
Later,
Tom

pyronym,

Rick

Zapman
Is the herb totally dry? I mean bone dry so it easily crumbles when you finger it...............errrr easily crumbles between your fingers. And how about a stem tip pack in the middle of tight and loose? You also have to suck slow and easy to get the vapor started. The airflow through the stem tip is supposed to be restricted so if you try to pull hard, you will be jamming the flow so to speak. You should surely be getting better pulls than you describe. I do believe it is the technique that may be the problem. We have had a handful back over the last 8 years based on a similar description and every one of them worked fine.

Bottom line though is if you cannot make vapor with it, we will refund your money.

Pulling too hard is kind of like turning the hose faucet up when the hose is kinked. Will only make it worse. Turn the faucet down, slow the pull, medium pak, extra dry herb. The tip contents should NOT fall out when you turn the stem upside down if properly packed.

Keep me posted. Sometimes a coupla quick choo choo puffs at the beginning helps, then long slow and easy.

Rick

Also keep it on 24/7 for several days when new. That hardwood takes some time to totally dry out which will reduce the heatsink effect of the wood on the heat exchanger.

Rick,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
pyronym...does the unit get warm to the touch? Does it work as a diffuser? If it doesn't get warm or work as a diffuser you may have a bad unit. If it gets warm and works as a diffuser then it is your technique.

Try sucking on the tube like it is a McDonald's milkshake...using mouth suction to get things started instead of a breathing suction. Once I got this technique down I hardly ever hit my PD with a normal breathing draw...it's just easier.

On a related side note, different strains give different vapor. I have one strain that I get about 4 to 5 good hits off of, another that gives 6 or 7, and still another that I only get 3 to 4. You know my technique is the same, so in this case it is the herb.

stickstones,

pyronym

Harry Mooseknuckle
I am more or less just filling the stem and putting a light tamp so nothing falls out. The unit is warm to the touch and it does diffuse the oil but for the life of me I just cant get it to work. ill keep trying the first two stems that I ran through it I didn't seem to have a problem with now they did seem a bit hotter on the draw. I have had the unit plugged in 24/7 since saturday. anything else I should try?
Oh the herb is very dry and finely ground
Oh and Ive watched the pd videos and i have been trying the primer puff technique but I'm not even getting vapor that way. The first time I used it with in a few seconds of dropping the stem in I could se vapor forming inside the stem it is no longer doing that.

pyronym,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
pyronym said:
anything else I should try?
I haven't seen anyone mention to maybe try not grinding your herb so fine. Pack as Rick describes above, but just don't grind fine.

DeepFried,

Rick

Zapman
You could have a bad transformer. On occasion they are bad right out of the box by not providing the needed 1 amp current. I wonder about that since you said it worked initially.
I think the PD transformer is the same volts/amps? Try another transformer or the car adapter. You should not be able to leave your finger pressed on the heatport tube for even a second if the heat is right.

Could also be a bad solder joint if the heat is not right.
We will get it right soon.
Thanks for your patience.

Rick

Yes, too fine a grind is not so good but will not cause no vapor unless packed too tight. Remember, the heated air must pass through the load at an ideal velocity, whatever that is. It is nothing like pulling on a glass pipe, etc. Way more restricted.

Rick,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
pyronym said:
anything else I should try?
can you check the wall voltage? - it may be less than the normal 120VAC. i used to read about this problem on OverGrow/Toys section.

Hippie Dickie,

pyronym

Harry Mooseknuckle
I'm pretty sure it must be me it is hot to the touch. I think possibly I have too fine of a grind I'll going to keep using it as a diffuser for now but next time I pick up new stuff I'll try to change up the grind again.
I'm not about to give up on it. I'll keep messing with it and thanks Rick it's pretty cool that you are willing to stand behind your product even as far as helping out on this forum. It is appreciated.

pyronym,

rukus13

Best advice I can give you is what Rick told me and that is to loosen your lip lock lol. Put your lips up to it gently and don't try to suck like a golf ball through a hose lol. Even leave your lips just slightly parted to get a bit of airflow so it doesnt feel like your suffocating. Worked for me maybe it will help you.

rukus13,

HoneyAir

Try a tube while it is empty to confirm how EASY it is to draw when there is nothing in there. If there is resistance however, then investigate.

If the draw is easy, then pack the bowl more lightly, skip the tamp, and on your first inhale make sure the tube is horizontal if you don't want any falling out. It should stick in place and can be used vertically after that without anything falling out.

If by having packed it so lightly you notice it settles after having drawn through it, who cares as long as it allows you to have that ease of draw you're looking for?

IMHO, different kinds of buds will create different kinds of draw ease... so if youve got one that packs way too easily thats probably why....

HoneyAir,

pyronym

Harry Mooseknuckle
I got it. It was my stem loading technique. I read a few places on here where people were jamming the stems into the ground herb and then I read about tamping I forgot the first time I used it I used it just like the surfer. I did the vacuum method to fill the stem. I tried it again and friggen perfect. I'm not blowing huge clouds like I can with the surfer but I'm sure I'm not wasting as much.
Thanks for all the help
Later,
Tom

pyronym,

Madcap Laughed

i was just going to come in and recommend using the sucking method to fill the stem. for some herbs, that works best because it creates a natural airflow. :) but as you get more comfortable with the zap, you will be able to a good rhythm down for what you like!

Madcap Laughed,

Hammock Guru

I know that this is not exactly Kosher, but I don't even bother grinding my herb much of the time. I just pinch off a piece of the bud, roll it between my fingers so it'll fit in the stem. I may let it sit there a minute to warm, and then start to draw. It works well!
I don't grind because I use my Zap mostly in my office and I don't want yet another bit of paraphernalia hanging around. The pinch works for me. I can usually get 3 good pulls off of it, and that's plenty to keep me in happy state of mind.
In the early days of my Zapping I did a lot of things wrong--packing too tight being the most obvious, but also trying to "breathe" through the stem. I too would bust my eyeballs and near faint from lack of O2. That "loose-lips" method works the best. I feel really stupid for not getting it right the first time. And again, I too had electrical issues as I live in a 220V world that often doesn't even get to 220V....210 much of the time. That problem seems remedied with voltage stabilizers put to work in the office.
Love my Zap.
HG

Hammock Guru,
Top Bottom