Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Durden

I am Jack's title
He's not really helping his case any, he can only talk in circles for so long before it comes back around.

Durden,

max

Out to lunch
I deleted Tom's post because it was against the rules- No name calling And since lwien's post addressed the deleted post, I went ahead and deleted that too. Sorry, but I've had one of mine deleted under the same circumstances in the PD thread. Shit happens.

The only way we can keep any semblance of order here is to have rules and enforce them. And we can't play favorites either. We can cut some slack but when someone is warned and continues to go against the rules (in this case -repeatedly posting opinion as fact and misquoting others), then action needs to be taken.

Tom, we'll cut you some slack and I'll just ask you to edit your post to delete the sentence after "I have never sent you an e-mail".

I'd like to remind everyone that there's a 'Report' button available for every post. If you feel that any post has content that's against the rules, or is sufficiently out of line in a serious way, feel free to report that post. We'll deal with it appropriately, and if we do nothing, we'll let you know why in an email. But responding to a 'rule breaking post' by breaking the rules yourself is not the way to go. Two wrongs don't make a right and all that.

max,

lwien

Max, no need to apologize for deleting my post, for it was a response to Toms, and would have been totally out of place with Toms post being deleted as well. As a matter of fact, if you didn't do it, I would have done it myself.

lwien,

duh

It looks like I missed all the fireworks! :mad:

The funny thing is I imagine Rick started this thread to drop the very same argument this thread turned into - "the whole lead thing". Why not just do some R&D and replace the parts and compete on equal ground?

The ferocity of "Madcap Laughed" made the posts seem like bad shilling anyway.

So what is next for these makers? Why no mini-zaps or ultra portable solutions? Let's stick to vaping!

duh,

Rick

Zapman
Looks like I missed all the fun. Here is a copy/paste from an Email I sent to Madcap several days ago:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I would rather you say nothing on the FC forum about me.
We have been wanting Aromazap to fade away for a couple years now.

It is up to you what you say but since you asked, I told you what my preference is.

Rick

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

have fun all. Watch out for all the bad stuff out there. It's everywhere.
Rick

Rick,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I'm sorry you want it to go away, but I understand with the farm now being your passion. Hopefully we can squeeze a few more beautiful myrtlezaps out of you before you hang it up.

stickstones,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Had a feeling this could turn ugly.

When someone starts making false claims about something you care about it's only natural to go on the defensive. Tom's like family around here so of course people are going to jump in. Doesn't help when you have an excited newbie turned troll who won't shut up.

And from Rick's perspective you have an army of people saying your product is a horrible death trap or something. Indeed it was only a matter of time until this turned into a brass discussion... just the nature of this forum/the times/the internet/etc.

I asked a very knowledgeable biochemist who specializes in air quality testing and loves vaporizers and was told the numbers are true. If the Zap was getting hot enough to emit metallic fumes it would be burning the fuck out of your weed. His worry was long term durability, not lead exposure.

Yes, if given a choice I'd choose ROHS construction and a tweaked design, but we should be thanking Rick for inspiring innovation. It's pretty lame to bandwagon hate on his product in his thread, he doesn't deserve that and neither does the Zap. I'm sorry it came to this, that's not what FC is about at all.

Anyway, sorry to beat the fucking horse here... I hope further posts in this thread are from people who actually own Zaps. And unless you have verifiable proof (you don't), no more claims about the brass.

Hope all is well on the farm, Rick. :)

vtac,

Purple-Days

Just to clear my end up, since a post was deleted:

It had nothing to do with brass or safety. I will not, and have never, mentioned it here. This thread was clean of that issue to a point, we can go see who started it and who went crazy, it's all right here. I have never made any claim that the A-zap or M-Zap were unsafe in any way.

The problem was with Madcap Laughed (who used to go by a different user name IMO) making false claims and statements, first about my previous statements, which were deliberately mis-paraphrased (IMO). I warned that I would not stand for that. A mod also warned.

Then Madcap Laughed making a claim that I had sent ominous e-mails to him. Total bullshit, and not something you can let stand. I used in-appropriate language to respond and rightfully my post was deleted (by a mod) due to its content.

Madcap acted like this before (IMO), he could not drop something, and it escalated way out of control.

Rick, I am sorry his 'get Tom at any cost' agenda has caused you so much trouble. He was in a 'drive by shooting' mood and didn't care if you got hurt in the process. Maybe didn't even see that he was doing you an injustice dragging his personal grudge into this thread (and the other one). We all saw his nature in that other thread (and the one with the different user name). I was disappointed when I saw him post in this one, as Vtac said, "this could turn ugly" was the first thought at seeing his username in your new thread.

I've said it before, we used an A-zap with much satisfaction. There were a great many things we liked about the product. I think the M-zap is a much improved product, in durability, looks and now with an ergonomic round shape.

I hope somehow this thread can get back on the A-zap / M-zap track, and wish Rick and Pat great success on their path of life.

Purple-Days,

Beezleb

I have no problem recommending the Myrtlezap for those who are interested in this type of vaporizer. It has an appealing price point, it has appealing efficiency and its a beautiful vape as is its competitors.

To the soap opera drama stuff, if you play in it, you will likely be viewed as a drama person and that will typically harm the way you and your opinions are viewed by others. While some people may feel justified, sometimes its best to let the powers that be handle such issues and "respect" the forum in Fucking Combustion and this done by being about the vaporizers. That's my view anyways.

Beezleb,

pyronym

Harry Mooseknuckle
OK so to get this thread back on track can anyone tell me what the warm up time is for the zap products also what are the power requirements is this also designed to stay on 24/7 like the PD
Thanks,
Tom

pyronym,

Purple-Days

In case Rick is out in the fields today, I'll try to answer as a former zap owner. The warm up time is between 30-45 minutes in my experience. Colder starts take a bit longer. The zap is made to run 24/7 for convenient use anytime. Once plugged in and warm there is virtually no warm up time, ever again.

The power is supplied by a 12 volt wall wart or car voltage. Ask Rick for specifics on polarity etc. Essentially you can use it anywhere you can supply 12 Volts including the Vapolution battery pack (with a different end plug).

Purple-Days,
stickstones said:
I'm sorry you want it to go away, but I understand with the farm now being your passion. Hopefully we can squeeze a few more beautiful myrtlezaps out of you before you hang it up.
I hope so too.
I ordered a Myrtlezap through their web on 6/20.

I'm looking forward to receiving it as it will be my first, and hopefully, only vaporizer.

I just joined this forum and ordered one based on all the conversations about it and the PD.
I admire the simplistic design and functionality of both manufacturers.
Kudos to both for their talents and dedication to quality products.

Deciding factors for me getting the MZ was the anticipated faster ship time without having to be on a wait list.
Also no fear of quality or health issues based on personal knowledge and experience with metals, specifically lead content in brass. No concerns for me there.

Will advise on when I get it and how it works out.

Dan

vapo-rx,

Rick

Zapman
Dan
Yours shipped today with a few others. They should be there by Friday. Thanks for trying us out.
My current supply of wood is nice but not extraordinary as was Madcaps. We do have more coming soon.
Rick

Rick,

duh

vapo-rx said:
Also no fear of quality or health issues based on personal knowledge and experience with metals, specifically lead content in brass. No concerns for me there.
And your qualifications are? What is this "personal knowledge"? Are you a metallic man? Perhaps Magneto?

Please illuminate us.

duh,

digglover

Guys I don't think he's proposing this as a fact or anything and I don't see any point in hanging him out to dry on the board.

I just think he's saying it is a not a concern to him for whatever reason...

digglover,

duh

Hey, it's not everyday that we get someone with "personal knowledge and experience with metals, specifically lead content in brass" so I think their conclusion could be valuable, assuming they are qualified to make such a claim.

duh,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
duh said:
Hey, it's not everyday that we get someone with "personal knowledge and experience with metals, specifically lead content in brass" so I think their conclusion could be valuable, assuming they are qualified to make such a claim.
I agree...however, you sometimes lack tact.

stickstones,

Hammock Guru

Back to Zaps.

As already mentioned, I have two. One here in my office that is left on 24/6, and another in my car. Interestingly enough, I found the warm up time is shorter--maybe 15mins?--with the unit in the car when powered directly from 12V. Maybe someone smarter than me can explain why?

My typical usage is to have one stemfull shortly upon arrival in the office, usually while waiting for my 'puter to boot up. As I pretty much only smoke sativas this is just dandy to get me focused and productive for several hours (IMO). Depending on the day, I may take another stemfull sometime mid-afternoon. I'll avoid it if I have to meet with too many straight people.

The car unit is used pretty much exclusively for road trips, generally the six hour drive I have to make a few times each month to the Capital City.

Once home I'm using vapes of other brands, for the record: Vapor Genie or an Herbalaire.

The Thing about the Zaps is that the hits are always "just right". I like being high. Stoned interferes with my life. One stem, and I'm right where I want to be. After dark and with my ladies in bed, stoned is quite OK.

Thanks Rick.
HG

Hammock Guru,

pyronym

Harry Mooseknuckle
I think hammock needs to start a new thread teaching the rest of us how to get "ladies" in our beds. Getting them in there on there own isn't two hard but getting them in their together with you takes skill. I applaud you Mr Hammock.

pyronym,

Hammock Guru

"The Ladies" being Mrs. HG and our daughter.

If I didn't suffer from ASS (Aging Stoner Syndrome), then I could probably remember enough about Ladies in General to provide some advice...perhaps conduct an online workshop? :cool:

However, I would now only be coming from a space of fond memories, and a selective memory at that. so there would be little benefit to be gained.

Dudes, you're on your own.

Now, back to Zaps.
HG

PS, yes, it is a slow day in the office.

Hammock Guru,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

rukus13

max said:

the vapor hits on a myrtle are thicker and bigger than purpledays
You have both a PD and a zap? I missed that. The only person on the forum I know of that has both units reported that the zap doesn't hold heat as well after the first hit, which makes sense, since as stated above, the PD's exchanger retains heat better.
Wow I'm disappointed in the direction this thread went but to get back on track I wanted to correct this statement as my observations are taken a little out of context. I never said the MZ doesnt retain heat as well as the PD. What I had stated was that it runs a few degrees cooler than the PD. This is just a guess but we are talking probably a 5 degree or less difference. I also think this was due to me being new to the MZ and it requiring a different technique than the PD. After using it a while now I think it works just as well as the PD. I'm not going to say one is superior over the other. They both have different features and people just need to decide which are more important to the them personally. I just didnt want my statement taken out of context as I really dont think the heat exchanger in the MZ is a problem its just overall a tiny tad cooler to start with.

rukus13,

Beezleb

Rukus, do you think in your "opinion" its cool enough to potentially appeal to those who are sensitive to hot vapor or do you think the difference is too slim to really matter.

In essence, if you was talking to someone who is sensitive to vapor temp, to the point they use extra tubing or a bong/chiller to cool the vapor first would you recommend the MZ or would you say the difference is not significant enough to really make a difference and they would likely still need to cool the vapor?

Beezleb,

rukus13

Yeah your still gonna have to cool the vapor. The difference is very small. Like I said just a few degrees probably. I can get a smallish extra hit from the PD after running through the MZ. So small indeed I usually don't bother. It will be reclaimed by cooking at a later time. I usually use the mouth bong technique myself to cool it but alot of times I just use them straight up with nothing. If your sensitive though I don't see it being enough of a difference to influence you either way.

rukus13,
Top Bottom