Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

aero18

vaporist
MileHigh said:
In my experience the best thing to do with a space case-style grinder is to hold it upside down after you first load the herb and close it then grind until it is very loose then turn it back over and grind a bit more to make it fall through the holes.

Careful though, if it is too dry/powdery OR too sticky a very fine grind sometimes clogs the stem and you can't rip it in my experience.
Should you empty out any kief that is on the bottom compartment first?

Oops, didn't read lwien's post! Thanks lwien!

aero18,

mnmlh

Aha! Thanks lwien.

Working on a 3D computer rendering of a myrtlewood stem holder design that would be cool if somebody made. I like the short pencil holder style I've seen sold, it's simple and elegant, but what if the thing were more "protopipe-ish" in it's approach. :) I wanted to get everyone's input and help come up with a final design through a collaboration process. Would it be okay to do that in this thread? It's designed specifically for these stems. I measured and modeled them down to the mm, so the final measurements of the holder should work perfectly in reality.

So far, the general goal is to create a stem stand, similar to a pipe stand, that has a spoon-like section at one end to hold some ready to be vaped material. You can use it to scoop/hold a little bit out of material at a time with, helping to dry it out, or just a way to meter your medicine. One of the only things I don't like about this experience so far is having to have all this stuff. If I could have a single item that was smallish, held the stem, fresh material and had a depository for AVB, then I'd be thrilled. I can't even imagine what that would look like though. :lol: I want to be able to hold it in my lap and vape away without getting up too. Hmmm...

mnmlh,

mnmlh

MileHigh said:
In my experience the best thing to do with a space case-style grinder is to hold it upside down after you first load the herb and close it then grind until it is very loose then turn it back over and grind a bit more to make it fall through the holes.

Careful though, if it is too dry/powdery OR too sticky a very fine grind sometimes clogs the stem and you can't rip it in my experience.
I thought about that too. I think I will grind it once, separate out any little stems and let the kief fall through the screen and then reload that and grind without the bottom section on. Good tip on being too finely ground. I can see that being a problem since it lends a denser pack and lessens the amount of air flowing around everything. This shit is a science isn't it? haha

mnmlh,

Cr8z13

Got my new stems yesterday and I'm digging them a lot. Looking forward to getting more when I have a few extra bucks.

Cr8z13,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I use my bud grinder for all my vapes except the PD/MZ style. For them I use a coffee grinder. I can get a couple extra hits from the fine coffee grind, and I can't achieve this off my bud grinder, even when turning upside down for a while. The down side is I have pulverized a bud into dust before. But now that I have the hang of it, I rarely use anything but my coffee grinder.

stickstones,

mnmlh

Hmmm. This is the basic idea, but I imagine the form could be a little more curvy. The trough would be better as a concave scoop.

stemholder.jpg

mnmlh,

aero18

vaporist
Your 3d modeling skills are very good!

Kind of looks like a wine rack. I can see a few lined up with different strains on them for guests...

aero18,

reece

aero18 said:
MileHigh said:

Should you empty out any kief that is on the bottom compartment first?

Oops, didn't read lwien's post! Thanks lwien!
I leave my grinder intact when grinding. I put the material in, turn it over, and grind until the cows come home. I do not dry my material. I use the straw method and lightly pack the tip with my finger when I want a full stem. I use the included stem tip packing tool (dowel) to lightly pack when I want less than a full stem. I pack the tip so that I can still draw quite easily.

In an earlier post I said I kept drawing on the stem a few more times after there is no visible vapor. Last night I was using my Zap near a halogen desk lamp. There is definitely visible vapor being produced when I thought there was none. So, generally, I get about 2 or 3 strong hits, 2 or 3 medium hits, and then a few more smallish hits using this mehtod. My clouds are as thick as those in videos I've seen of similar products. When I pack tighter I don't get the same results. But I attribute this to having to pull much harder to get the vapor flowing. Having to pull so hard takes from the experience. It's like hitting a joint that was rolled too tight or a dugout packed too tightly.

reece,

mnmlh

aero18 said:
Your 3d modeling skills are very good!

Kind of looks like a wine rack. I can see a few lined up with different strains on them for guests...
Thanks! I like your idea. :D

mnmlh,

lwien

mnmlh said:
Hmmm. This is the basic idea, but I imagine the form could be a little more curvy. The trough would be better as a concave scoop.

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae9/mnmhlh/stemholder.jpg
I just use a shot glass myself to hold a loaded stem. There's a few other things in that shot glass as well. A little electric razor brush for tiding up my grinder, a flat nail file for picking up kief to load in the bowl and a small paper clip thingie for help in emptying out the bowl for a quick grind between the fingers for one last hit.

Nice idea though.

lwien,

aero18

vaporist
Ordered the MyrtleZap yesterday (finally!) and the 100 ml EHLE that I have been sporting on my sig for a while.

I will definitely record some milk shots when I get the chance!

mnmlh, your avatar looks awesome. I decided against the light on mine, but I still love that blue light!

EDIT: Changed my order. I went with the light! :D

aero18,

Rick

Zapman
We might start a limited version of what we did for several years in the beginning. We called them stem holders. A small finished block of wood with a hole drilled in the top to hold a stem. Also did two stem versions. No scoop area for goodies though.
I do want to say MoeontheMoons set up looked cool but I want to warn that these things are not designed to be held upside down, especially at a side angle, by the vapor stem. You are putting lots of side pressure on the heatport tube and especially the smaller vapor stem tip tube. Both of these tubes are crimped for screen installation which will weaken the tube, especially with weight and side(gravity) pressure on it. A set up with the Zap on a flat surface would be ideal, as far as the Zap longevity is concerned.
Just turned a couple of the smaller stems. They will be out for a test by the end of the week. We are doing this because of several customer requests. We will call them small stems.

Rick,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
Rick said:
We might start a limited version of what we did for several years in the beginning. We called them stem holders. A small finished block of wood with a hole drilled in the top to hold a stem. Also did two stem versions. No scoop area for goodies though.
I do want to say MoeontheMoons set up looked cool but I want to warn that these things are not designed to be held upside down, especially at a side angle, by the vapor stem. You are putting lots of side pressure on the heatport tube and especially the smaller vapor stem tip tube. Both of these tubes are crimped for screen installation which will weaken the tube, especially with weight and side(gravity) pressure on it. A set up with the Zap on a flat surface would be ideal, as far as the Zap longevity is concerned.
Just turned a couple of the smaller stems. They will be out for a test by the end of the week. We are doing this because of several customer requests. We will call them small stems.
Any glass experts out there who can recommend a piece that will attach a vinyl or silicon tube to a piece of glass like mine in the picture (currently a 14mm piece to fit the stem down into); so what we glass/water users need is a way to attach a vinyl or silicon tube in between the glass pipe and the myrtlezap stem end. I have a little rubber piece that fits on the end of my tube and the stem, so really all I need is something to fit from the tube to the glass. My food grade vinyl tube is about 9.5mm outer diameter and 5mm inner diameter (hole). Actually I'd like to get silicon instead but don't know where to get it yet.

MoeOnTheMoon,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
karazi said:
Looks like this would work, but they don't give the size of the tube it fits to, since it's designed for a Vapor Bros. whip. But it looks like I could make it work:
http://www.vaporwarehouse.com/vbh20adgg.html
But first I'll try my local shops. Since The Vapor Bros. have their shop around here, most of the head shops carry their vaporizers and I'm assuming they carry some of the accessories too. I'll find out by just taking my stem and my vinyl tubing in to see what they have that will work.

MoeOnTheMoon,

FEAR420

I have both 14 & 19MM and they work perfectly. Its actually the only way I can vape now since regular whipping makes me hack & cough way too much. These are definitely the way to go for smooth water bonging :brow::ko:

FEAR420,

karazi

It looks as if it fits into an array of different tube sizes, based on the gently sloping nozzle shaped side of it.

karazi,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
FEAR420 said:
I have both 14 & 19MM and they work perfectly. Its actually the only way I can vape now since regular whipping makes me hack & cough way too much. These are definitely the way to go for smooth water bonging :brow::ko:
Good to know someone has tried them. Yeah, Karazi, it looks like it would fit any size tube. I hope I can find one here locally within the next week or so, when I have time to go shopping, so I don't have to order it via net.

MoeOnTheMoon,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Man... I cant wait to 'discover' all of these tips and tricks for myself as well now! I just pulled the trigger on a MZ last night while chatting with Fear420. I had been debating getting one for some time, and 420 convinced me. Im super excited about this badboy! Cant wait!

AGBeer,

FEAR420

PEEEEEEEER PRESSSSSSUUUUURE!!!!!!

:: Pokes you with an MZ stem!!! :: :lol:

Im so amped to get mine....I really hope Rick posts a pic or 2 of it before he ships it so I can drool even more while I wait. :ko:

FEAR420,

mnmlh

aero18 said:
Ordered the MyrtleZap yesterday (finally!) and the 100 ml EHLE that I have been sporting on my sig for a while.

mnmlh, your avatar looks awesome. I decided against the light on mine, but I still love that blue light!

Good move - it's a pretty light! Matches all the other cool blue leds I have on my computer accessories. I took the textures for the 3D stem holder off of my model, so you can really see the grain and beauty provided by myrtlewood. I'm a fan!

mnmlh,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
aero18 said:

I also ordered yesterday the 100ml EHLE :), hopefully might come tomorrow depending on road conditions by then.

Happycamper,

mnmlh

Happycamper said:
aero18 said:

I also ordered yesterday the 100ml EHLE :), hopefully might come tomorrow depending on road conditions by then.
Where can you get a 100ml ehle in three days!?

mnmlh,
Top Bottom