Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
aero18 said:
I will also be using water filtration when I order the MZ. Recently, my lungs have started to become sore and I have a persistent 'smoker's' cough. Hot vapor is definitely not gentle on lungs that have not been 'calloused' by years of smoking.

MoeOnTheMoon, the tubes fit in any 14mm downstem on a glass water pipe. You do not need any extra accessories.

Mmmm... Hefeweizen is good! :)

Rick, have you considered making short tubes specifically for use with water pipes?
Thanks for the info, aero. I figured there was a way to use it with glass, but since I don't have any, I had no idea. I just rigged up the system above to use with my Vapor Genie and so just re-configured it a bit for the MZ. I'll go look for some affordable glass that will work with it.

Why Hefewiezen? (As I say, I'm a virgin to glass pipes, other than some old school water pipes and old school bongs with metal parts.)

MoeOnTheMoon,

aero18

vaporist
MoeOnTheMoon said:
aero18 said:
I will also be using water filtration when I order the MZ. Recently, my lungs have started to become sore and I have a persistent 'smoker's' cough. Hot vapor is definitely not gentle on lungs that have not been 'calloused' by years of smoking.

MoeOnTheMoon, the tubes fit in any 14mm downstem on a glass water pipe. You do not need any extra accessories.

Mmmm... Hefeweizen is good! :)

Rick, have you considered making short tubes specifically for use with water pipes?
Thanks for the info, aero. I figured there was a way to use it with glass, but since I don't have any, I had no idea. I just rigged up the system above to use with my Vapor Genie and so just re-configured it a bit for the MZ. I'll go look for some affordable glass that will work with it.

Why Hefewiezen? (As I say, I'm a virgin to glass pipes, other than some old school water pipes and old school bongs with metal parts.)
No, hefeweizen is not a glass pipe brand. It's just a type of beer.

Anywho, I suggest a 100ml EHLE (from everyonedoesit.com). It is perfectly sized, of good quality, and inexpensive.

aero18,

mnmlh

I see some suggestions for using the stems directly into the pipe, but I can't find anyone with a MZ who has actually done it. According to rick, the "old" stems (which I think I have despite getting mine a few weeks ago) are 5/8" OD, which is 15.9mm. That won't fit. The new ones are supposed to be 1/2" or 12.7mm, so those would work with a tiny bit of wiggle room. Personally, I want a tube to connect the two, and it would be nice if I could find a matching adapter or bowl that the tube will fit over on the bong side.

As far as needing a shorter stem - why not just saw it down and smooth the end with some sandpaper? It will be inside the tube, so it doesn't have to be that pretty.

I was very close to ordering an ehle 100ml, but I don't want to have to order more stems just to be able to use it, and I am unsure of what all the hell I need to connect the two as far as sizes go. Maybe someone will figure it out eventually. I don't have the money or knowhow to experiment. If I've missed something here, please fill me in. I just can't find any MZs using this setup.

mnmlh,

reece

It's funny how someone can take an idea from somewhere else and then try to turn it to make it seem as if the predecessor is the one copying. Innovations are great. But by definition, you can't innovate something that doesn't already exist. So if one is taking this principled stance on copying they should throw out the "ideas" they copied and and see how far the innovations get them on their own. Really they should never have copied in the first place. Create a product from scratch. No copying of any ideas. I guess it's just how some people were raised. Do as I say, not as I do. One should hold themselves to the same standards they profess others should adhere to.

Just a thought.

reece,

FEAR420

Hey Reece,how'd that multi-tap power converter you got work?? I actually have one and know where to buy them locally and just wanted to see if it was worthwhile before running out to get a brand new one for my Zap. :)

FEAR420,

Rick

Zapman
Fear420
We got your order just fine and it should ship towards the end of the coming week. Our standard 12 volt and additional 13.5(if you are interested) will provide you with all the heat options you need with the Zap. I also just got some more wood in and I will pick something real special for you as you requested.
aero18
We will make any size stem you want. We have our standard size of about three inches but will do what the customer wants within reason regarding stems.
Reese
We appreciate your comments relating to integrity. The nice thing about what you refer to is the Universe has us covered as always. The laws work both ways. There are many people who follow the FC forums. We are very happy many of them also see what is going on. Cycles are neat. I figured we would start a new cycle soon and was right. Here go our sales again.

Happy New year everyone. Thank you for your support in 2009 and continued support in 2010. We are having fun staying busy with plenty of play time too.

Rick,

FEAR420

Rick said:
Fear420
We got your order just fine and it should ship towards the end of the coming week. Our standard 12 volt and additional 13.5(if you are interested) will provide you with all the heat options you need with the Zap. I also just got some more wood in and I will pick something real special for you as you requested.
Thank You Sir!!! I eagerly await the arrival of my new MZ!! :bowdown: :love:

Would it be possible to swap out the Car Adapter for the 13.5V? I'm currently disabled and home bound & wouldn't really have much of a use for the car adapter,since all my medicating is done at home. :/ If there's a price difference between the 2 Ill happily pay it,as Id rather use "oem parts" than my own in-case anything ever happened.

Fear420/Justin

FEAR420,

Rick

Zapman
justin
Sure, we will swap out a 13.5 volt transformer for the car adapter, no problem.

A Reminder on vapor stems. We offer 3 for $24 or 6 for $42, total delivered price, for FC members and/or lurkers. Just mention FC and Email us. myrtlezap@hughes.net

Rick,

FEAR420

Rick said:
justin

A Reminder on vapor stems. We offer 3 for $24 or 6 for $42, total delivered price, for FC members and/or lurkers. Just mention FC and Email us. myrtlezap@hughes.net
Much obliged sir!! :bowdown:

FEAR420,

aero18

vaporist
Rick said:
justin

Each day I become more and more pleased by the customer service that Rick offers. Really great!

aero18,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
aero18 said:
MoeOnTheMoon said:
No, hefeweizen is not a glass pipe brand. It's just a type of beer.

Anywho, I suggest a 100ml EHLE (from everyonedoesit.com). It is perfectly sized, of good quality, and inexpensive.
Duh! Heveweizen is the beer I used in the photo! Man, do I feel like a dummy; or at least, perhaps a little over-vaked when I posted. I just never paid attention to the name on the beer because I only bought one as a sample, and I just thought of it as that "Trader Joe's German beer". ;)

My little home-made job works fine, but I'd rather avoid the rubber and vinyl, so a glass unit that fits the stem would be ideal. I'll look into the EHLE you mentioned, aero18 bu there are so many shops around here, I'll probably buy locally, and that way I can take my stem in with me to make sure it's a good fit.

So, Rick, if I wanted to saw off one of my stems for use in a glass pipe, would I use a hack saw or just any saw? (I am not very "handy" but I have a friend who I think has various saws.)

MoeOnTheMoon,

Rick

Zapman
In case there is any confusion about this business we have been in since 2001.
We work alone. Always have and always will. We are not associated with any other vape maker in any way. I just saw on another thread that we were partners with someone in some way. Not true at all.
Call it what you will.

Aero18
Think I saw a question from you on vapor stems in another thread and you made a comment relating to brass in the vapor flow with MZ stems. There are no facts shown that I am aware of that substantiate ANY danger of any kind related to brass in the vapor flow. Once again, the "danger" factor of lead exposure in Zaps was introduced by a competitor who copied the design we were using. There is much information on this forum related to the issue. None of it confirms the false claim that our product is unsafe in any way.
Did you get your question answered BTW?
Edited for:
MoeontheMoon
I'll try a couple and send them your way if you want to wait a few days. It is very difficult to round the ends properly without being able to turn the stems. That work is done before the tip is installed. You can do it but you will have not so cool cut-off end. A chop saw works fine to cut them off if you want to try though. Let me know. How long?

Rick,

aero18

vaporist
Rick said:
Aero18
Think I saw a question from you on vapor stems in another thread and you made a comment relating to brass in the vapor flow with MZ stems. There are no facts shown that I am aware of that substantiate ANY danger of any kind related to brass in the vapor flow. Once again, the "danger" factor of lead exposure in Zaps was introduced by a competitor who copied the design we were using. There is much information on this forum related to the issue. None of it confirms the false claim that our product is unsafe in any way.
I've looked into the forums and have seen that the claim is unsubstantiated. I have edited my post so that I do not mislead anyone else. In fact, I've found out that the copper used in brass actually kills e. coli, so there may even be a health benefit from the use of brass! :brow:

Heres an excerpt from the study: "Andrew Maule, revealed that at room temperatures it takes 34 days for E. coli O157:H7 bacteria to die on stainless steel tiles, 4 days to die on brass tiles, and just 4 hours to die on copper tiles."

I guess that the heat involved will get rid of any problems anyway, so this point may just be moot point.

And yes, you did answer my question about the shorter tubes. When I order I'll make sure to request one that is shorter with a specific length. Thanks again!

aero18,

FEAR420

reece said:
FEAR420 said:
Hey Reece,how'd that multi-tap power converter you got work?? I actually have one and know where to buy them locally and just wanted to see if it was worthwhile before running out to get a brand new one for my Zap. :)
It didn't get the Zap hot enough at 12v. It worked at 13.5v although that was too harsh for me to use it that way for any prolonged period.
Thanks for the info man,much appreciated. Ill be getting both from Rick just to be safe. I will however give the one I have here a shot & see how it works,then report back.

FEAR420,

Rick

Zapman
I see this thread is being purged of posts recently made. Sure would be nice to let the public see at least some of what happened here, or at least make some sort of comment about it.
Thank you

Rick,

reece

Especially to compare the writing styles of that "new" member and an older member.:lol:

reece,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
Here's my MZ with my new glass. Got this from an outfit here on Venice Beach that makes their own glass; got a great price on it, and it works amazingly. Has little projectiles of glass pointing inward to hold ice above the water! Perfect! I coulldn't have custom ordered a better piece of glass for my purposes. (well, maybe if the stem was vertical instead of angled). But for just walking in and buying "off the shelf" without researching etc. to find the best one...this was a great find!

Does it work?
:o
HUGE cool hits!
:ko:

mzglassvga.jpg

MoeOnTheMoon,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
Rick said:
In case there is any confusion about this business we have been in since 2001.
We work alone. Always have and always will. We are not associated with any other vape maker in any way. I just saw on another thread that we were partners with someone in some way. Not true at all.
Call it what you will.

Aero18
Edited for:
MoeontheMoon
I'll try a couple and send them your way if you want to wait a few days. It is very difficult to round the ends properly without being able to turn the stems. That work is done before the tip is installed. You can do it but you will have not so cool cut-off end. A chop saw works fine to cut them off if you want to try though. Let me know. How long?
Rick, see the pick above. 1 and 1/8" of stem above the metal would be about right. I'm allowing for it to be a little longer than necessary, in case I were to get a different pipe at some point that might require it to be slightly longer. So 1 and 1/8" seems about right. I'll happily pay you for one, to see if it works, then I'll buy a 3-pack (2 more) if it works good. I don't think the beveled edges will matter. If so, maybe I can sand them down or cut bevels with a razor knife? But I think it will seal with straight edges. *NO* HURRY!

MoeOnTheMoon,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
Rick said:
I see this thread is being purged of posts recently made. Sure would be nice to let the public see at least some of what happened here, or at least make some sort of comment about it.
Thank you
I'd love to know...
And I was only away for a few hours!:lol: Dang!

MoeOnTheMoon,

mnmlh

MoeOnTheMoon said:
Here's my MZ with my new glass. Got this from an outfit here on Venice Beach that makes their own glass; got a great price on it, and it works amazingly. Has little projectiles of glass pointing inward to hold ice above the water! Perfect! I coulldn't have custom ordered a better piece of glass for my purposes. (well, maybe if the stem was vertical instead of angled). But for just walking in and buying "off the shelf" without researching etc. to find the best one...this was a great find!

Does it work?
HUGE cool hits!

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/1594/mzglassvga.jpg
Cool! So, those are the old stems Rick sells? What is the joint size on the glass?

mnmlh,

aero18

vaporist
mnmlh: Yep, those look like the stems that Rick sells. The down stem looks like a 14mm one too.

Rick: Is it possible to swap out the standard 12 volt ac adapter for the 13.5 volt? How does the material look like after it has gone through the MZ with the 12 volt one over the 13.5 volt one?

I'm wanting to have dark brown material after I am done. Is it possible to achieve this with the 12 volt, just over a longer period of time? Or is it only achievable with a 13.5 volt?

I'm going to use a water pipe with the device, but may sometimes vape through the stem directly. Is there a very noticeable difference in the temperature between the two voltages?

aero18,

reece

aero18 said:
Rick: Is it possible to swap out the standard 12 volt ac adapter for the 13.5 volt? How does the material look like it has gone through the MZ with the 12 volt one over the 13.5 volt one?

I'm wanting to have dark brown material after I am done. Is it possible to achieve this with the 12 volt, just over a longer period of time? Or is it only achievable with a 13.5 volt?

I'm going to use a water pipe with the device, but may sometimes vape through the stem directly. Is there a very noticeable difference in the temperature between the two voltages?
You can get brown with both. I tend to pack my stem on the loose side. The air flow is restricted but not as much as some who prefer the pull to be like a thick milkshake (I don't like thick milkshakes either. Hmm). I do notice my Zap runs a little warmer later in the evening. There is definitely a noticeable difference between the two votages. The Zap is hotter. The vapor more harsh (for me, some like it just fine).

reece,

aero18

vaporist
reece said:
aero18 said:
Rick: Is it possible to swap out the standard 12 volt ac adapter for the 13.5 volt? How does the material look like it has gone through the MZ with the 12 volt one over the 13.5 volt one?

You can get brown with both. I tend to pack my stem on the loose side. The air flow is restricted but not as much as some who prefer the pull to be like a thick milkshake (I don't like thick milkshakes either. Hmm). I do notice my Zap runs a little warmer later in the evening. There is definitely a noticeable difference between the two votages. The Zap is hotter. The vapor more harsh (for me, some like it just fine).
Having sensitive lungs, I think I won't consider purchasing the 13.5 volt then. If the 12 volt is able to brown the material, then I am happy.

aero18,

MileHigh

How are you getting brown with 12v? I wonder if mine is running cold. I have the 13.5v adapter on most of the time now and my abv looks a lot like this.

Do others get it significantly browner than that?

MileHigh,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
mnmlh said:
MoeOnTheMoon said:

Does it work?
HUGE cool hits!

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/1594/mzglassvga.jpg
Cool! So, those are the old stems Rick sells? What is the joint size on the glass?
They told me it was 14mm. I'm not sure if they're the old stems or the new ones.

MoeOnTheMoon,
Top Bottom